Personally, I don't like the Multi-Hit moves on any pokemon that doesn't have either Skill Link or Technician. Part of the reason for this is that the chances of hitting 4 or 5 times is actually relatively small: 2 Hits = 37.5% or 3/8 chance 3 Hits = 37.5% or 3/8 chance 4 Hits = 12.5% or 1/8 chance 5 Hits = 12.5% or 1/8 chance This essentially means that 75% of the time, Icicle Crash will be stronger (and you also have that flinch chance). I mean, I guess I see the utility Spear, what with hitting through subs and such, and IC's 90% accuracy can be a bit annoying. Nonetheless, I feel that Icicle Crash's more reliable power output still makes it the superior choice. Plus, I also feel that IC is generally strong enough for Mamoswine's purposes; and while Spear can give you incredible damage sometimes, it's also liable to let you down at the worst possible moment. Just my opinion though.