ORAS OU Manaphy Is Scary (Peaked 1400 +)

Shoutout to Branflakes325 for his inspiration to this team by showing me Manaphy. Here's his RMT Disclaimer: This team shares many of the same pokes, but plays completely differently as the goal is completely different. Duh ...

Manaphy, You Scary

Alright, so this is my first RMT, so hopefully I can do a good job. Here we go!!

Starting with obvious poke. OP as heck, and can set up on the majority of walls and a lot of offensive pokes too. We'll get into it later ...

Ok, so there were a LOT of iterations of this team before this, but I kinda forgot most of them. I know Mega-Metagross, Latias, Conkeldurr and a couple of others I don't care to mention.

Alright, so the natural partner, to me, seemed like it would be Mega-Sceptile. Weakens or flat out kills a good number of Manaphy's checks and counters.

Another good old Manaphy partner in crime. Easily able to sweep on its own, and y'know ... hurt things. Like Bisharps do ...

So, I noticed with annoyance that I dislike Dragon moves and set-up sweepers. So ... Another shout-out to the guy at the beginning of the RMT, this set is amazing for it.

Another shoutout to the guy at the beginning e.e Great poke, and ... gets fairies plus spins well.

Alright, last poke. I needed a lead and I've always been partial to Suicide lead mamo and Donphan. Mamo wins in this case because he can hit almost all other leads and set up rocks very reliably. Plus, his ice shard hits harder.

In Depth

Let's get started, shall we??
Endless Tears (Mamoswine) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
Evs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

So, this is one of my favorite leads. He beats suicide Chomp lead, (this team doesn't care about letting stealth rocks get set-up early, as long as we remove them before they do too much)does some nice damage to the Ferro lead, and holds his own against almost every other lead thanks to his Focus Sash. He only minds the burn, but that's what other pokes are for.
Now, he is max HP to tank hits (Might take it out since it seems counterproductive with the sash). Max Atk to dent other leads like chompy. Last one in SpD because I can.
Stealth Rocks are there because it's a lead, and I want stealth rocks up early. Especially against teams weak to them. The switches this team can force causes the damage to rack up quickly. Plus, all the sweepers enjoy it. Earthquake is there to hit things hard. If Mamo doesn't die early on, he can come back and wreck havoc among anything with hard hitting STAB eqs. Icicle Crash literally the same as Eq. Just for coverage. It's nice. Hits dragons very hard. Ice Shard is there for that priority. Good for revenge killing or getting the last hit off on pokes. Solid poke so far. I generally suicide him off at the beginning if I judge him useless vs the rest of his team. But if I decide I want a stab Ice Shard for revenge killing later on, I'll keep him alive.

The Distance (Excadrill) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
Evs: 252 HP/252 SpD/4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Alright, the next pokemon was decided as a spinner. I remembered from the thread that I found Manaphy in (here) and decided I would use it. Not only is it a spinner, it doubles as a bit of a stall breaker and a fairy counter.
Evs are self explanatory, make me bulky SpD so I can tank those fairy/special attacks and get a hit, toxic, or rapid spin off.
Earthquake Stab eq, hits even more things with mold breaker. Rotom-W, Gengar, the Lati twins etc. are hit with mold breaker. Iron HeadWhat used to be the old rock+Earthquake combo, now is the steel + Earthquake combo. All thanks to the fairy type. This hits all them annoying fairy type very hard, and it makes good coverage with ye olden earthquake. Toxic Alright, first part of stall breaking. This sets up pokes for a Manaphy sweep, and weakens a majority of walls. And even offensive threats such as set-ups don't enjoy the toxic. Rapid Spin Self Explanatory, get rid of the annoying hazards. Duh. We don't want anything to start hurting everything on the switch in.

Enchanted (Clefable)
Ability: Unaware
Evs: 232 HP/252 Def/16 SpD/8 Spe (0 Atk Ivs)
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Aromatherapy
- Moonlight

Another shout out to here. Alright, I chose Clefable because the direct dragon counter as well as the ONLY counter I have to fighting types. And set-up sweepers. With unaware, I can ignore any boosts they have. Oh, and the cleric. This thing provides more than you would think
The Evs are actually completely random mostly. Hp to take hits. Def to take fighting hits. Random SpD Evs because I can. The Speed is to speed creep other Clefables to set up Calm Mind on them.
Moonblast Obligatory stab. Hits most things quite hard. Especially dragons, the main target. It also can get a SpA drop which can turn some things into set up fodder for Manaphy. Calm Mindmakes Clefable potentially able to sweep. There are many things it can set up on and simply punch holes into special walls, preparing for Manaphy sweep. Aromatherapy This heals everyone on the team of their status. The main uses are if Bisharp gets burned, or if Manaphy was forced to rest without the rain out. MoonlightHealing move. Yes, I can heal myself and set up on you. It's moonlight because Unaware + Softboiled is not allowed.
Karma (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Evs: 252 Atk/4 SpD/ 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
Yeee, first part of our little 3 part sweeper core ... thing. Bisharp was chosen both as a revenge killer, fairy killer ... thing killer. Frankly, he comes in and blocks defog sometimes, but most of the time, he's here to just hurt things. No other purpose.
Evs are supposed to hurt things and outspeed things. Simple. Very Simple.
Sucker Punch hurts things that could outspeed you. At +2, you're shaving the Hp off of things. And it can be a revenge killer of choiced things. Iron Head hits fairies hard, and is the second stab. It also hits most things that resist dark, so good old solid stab coverage. Knock Off hits most walls VERY hard and cripples them. After the buff this move got, the sheer amount of utility is insane. Swords Dance makes every single thing hurt. Knock off? Hurts even more. This turns Bisharp into an absolute terror.
The purpose of Bisharp is to really just pick off or weaken mons that I deem troublesome to good old Manaphy.

Hero (Sceptile) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow ---> Lightning Rod
Evs: 252 SpAtk/4 SpD/ 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast

The second member of our offensive core and our Mega evolution!! He was chosen because most of Manaphy's counters are strong electric types like Thundurus or Mega-Manectric. Mega-Sceptile has lighting rod, so that means that it can switch in and KO/Weaken said counters.
Evs are just to hit hard an fast, no real explanation necessary
Dragon Pulse good stab and hits most things that the other coverage doesn't hard. Yeah ... that's most of this set tho. Leaf Storm is like the grass type Draco Meteor. It hits so hard ... and it's scary. Giga Drain is the relatively reliable recovery move. Heals up the Sceptile. Focus Blast the final coverage move. This helps me hit ferrothorn, the main target.
Scary special threat, and compliments Manaphy very well.

Monster (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Evs: 240 Hp/252 SpD/16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rain Dance
- Rest

The actual monster itself. It's what the team was based around. The natural bulk of Manaphy allows it to set up on almost anything, especially after the rest of the team is through with the opponent. Hue.
The EV spread is meant to take hits so that CM set up with Rain Dance and Rest recovery is possible.
Scald is the mono-attacking move of this set. After a lot of CMs, this hurts. Especially in the rain. The nice little burn chance is a bonus. Calm Mind is our set up move. With Manaphy's stupid bulk, you can set up on almost ANYTHING in the meta game. And after a couple of boosts, nothing is going to enjoy a scald. Rain boosted scald. Rain Dance is a move that we use to both boost our scald as well as make use of our ability, Hydration. The ability hydration removes any status effects (burn, toxic, you name it) at the end of a turn as long as rain is up that turn. (It can't end on that turn) This ability makes setting up with Manaphy 10 x easier and especially easy on stall. Rest is the 100% recovery move that we can use in a pinch. It's best with Rain up because then we just get 100% recovery for free. If you are forced to use it while rain isn't up, you can move into Clefable and aromatherapy.
The main man itself, Manaphy looks so cute and just bulldozes over everything the opponent has. It's scary e.e

And yeah, that's it! Thanks for reading!! Threat list is ... here.

Breloom, any kind, is scary. It can use spore to take something out of commision, and can hit Sceptile (my only Spore immunity) reallyyyy hard. The only way I have to counter this is my Clefable, so I have to be really careful with it.

The scary fighting types continue. My only real way to deal with this is Clefable. And if Clefable is gone, and my priorities aren't enough, then I can kiss the game goodbye.

your team does have a hard time w/ talonflame, so replace toxic with rock slide. Also, Endeavor is better with Sash Mamoswine. replace icicle crash with it.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This team looks neat, but there are a few improvements I could suggest.

As you said, running HP on a Sash lead is counter-productive. You should probably run max Speed and a Jolly nature as well as Icicle Spear on Mamoswine, this enables you to counterlead Sash Breloom, which, as you said, is a huge threat to your team. You should also consider running Oblivious, this makes you impervious to Taunt, enabling you to set up rocks more easily. I think you should also run max physical defense on Manaphy as opposed to max special defense. You don't really need this much special defense on a CMer, and physical defense enables you to take on Talonflame and Bisharp who can be very hard to deal with otherwise.

Mega-Venusaur is a huge threat to your team, it walls Clefable, Mamosine, Excadrill and Manaphy, can't break past it with ease, and while Bisharp can check it dislikes HP Fire and Leech Seed. Ferrothron also looks very hard to deal with, since your best switch-in, Clefable, gets worn down by Leech Seed, Sceptile has to rely on Focus Blast, and the rest of your team is pretty much walled by it. You could fix both of these by running Heatran over Excadrill. It counters both of these threats very well, and also has all around excellent synergy with Sceptile, giving you a Fire/Water/Grass core and a Steel/Fairy/Dragon core and also works pretty well as a stallbreaker thanks to Taunt and Toxic, wearing down walls and such. It also can deal with XZard without Earthquake which sweeps you if it gets to +1. Unfortunately, it doesn't remove hazards. I don't think this is that much of a problem since you aren't that weak to hazards (you do have a sash lead, but you will presumably usually be leading with it anyway). If this is really a problem, another option would be running HP Fire Latios over Excadrill instead. While not having as much synergy with Sceptile, Latis cover Mega-Venusaur and YZard which you are also pretty weak to, as well as checking Conkeldurr and Breloom pretty well, so adding one lets you cover a bunch of threats to your team.

You have a weakness to Bisharp, if Mamo's sash is broken and it gets to +2 you're kinda screwed. One way you could make yourself less weak to it is by running Substitute on Sceptile. This way you can dodge Sucker Punches from it. It's also a very useful move on Sceptile in general. You can either run it over Leaf Storm or Giga Drain, keeping Giga Drain makes more sense though since it recovers back the HP you used up to make your Sub You could also run Low Kick over Swords Dance on your own Bisharp, that way you have a direct counter to it, though it's not really that useful overall.

I don't think this team is really suited for a Sash lead, it just doesn't seem offensive enough to have it really work. Furthermore, you have absolutely nothing that can reliably stop Charizard-X after a Dragon Dance. Therefore, I think it would be a good idea to replace Mamosine for physically defensive Landorus-T with Stealth Rocks, this also lets you deal with Mega-Pinsir who looks very scary to deal with. If you decide to run Hetaran, you can run SR on that instead and opt for a Choice Scarf set on Landorus-T instead.

Endless Tears (Mamoswine) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
Evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Monster (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Evs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rain Dance
- Rest

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 168 SpD / 88 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Protect / Stealth Rock

Latios (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Hero (Sceptile) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain / Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Focus Blast

Karma (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off / Superpower

Hope this helps!

Pent

dumb broad
Hi! This team is really nice, and I like that the main cores are Manaphy and Sceptile. But I do recommend some changes.

First is running Leaf Storm on Sceptile. Since you already have Giga Drain, I would pick One, not both. Instead replace the leftover move with HP Fire/Rock.
Next is Excadrill, who can't be used well for a special wall. And you already have Bisharp as your steel type. Instead, replace this with Tentacruel since he has more special bulk.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp Def / 4 Sp Atk
IVs: 0 Atk
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Acid Spray/Sludge Bomb
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic/Toxic Spikes

This will help a little more in my opinion.
The one problem with running Mega Sceptile in OU is Talonflame, and your only counter is rocks. So try to figure out something for that.

Hope it helps, and good luck with your team!

Thank you for the rates!! I'll be testing them all out and updating the team with those I felt like worked the best (^.^)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)