Postgame <@manisier> LonelyNess postgame

First, thanks for postgame LN. Huge endeavors like this are cool.

I haven't watched the postgame yet due to a lack of bandwidth. However I have seen a discussion of serious importance arise on IRC and have taken a break from camping to settle this.

The pronounciation of the word "agape" defines the meaning out of two choices. The twosyllabic a-gape means "wide open" while the trisyllabic a-ga-pe ( -gah-pay ) is what I intended, arising from the ancient greek ἀγάπη basically meaning "care". While I personally pronounce the last "e" as in latin or greek, ie. long and voiced (IPA: [ɛː]), the pronounciation LN used is the correct english one for that meaning.

tl;dr LN is right

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
I am not trying to ruin the hard work of a 3 hour video postgame, I mean it would have been 100x better if it was actually done when the game ended if it wasn't so late but...

So basically you nearly skip me and then blame ME for village losing? What in the flying fuck? To be fair, I can't expect your memory to be that good after taking this long to do the postgame, though Mekkah rightfully pointed out that I had very little to work with. But that's still a vague explanation of what really happened at best. It seems only jumpluff could fully vindicate me though, since what actually happened was this:

1) Get given a useless role for most of the game (in Mekkah's words), used primarily in an infinite martyr loop for shits and giggles.
2) Not invited to join the village leadership until the end of the game despite my experience level and the fact that I was cleaned several nights earlier, not to mention help prove ipl's evil intentions.
3) Once invited to the village leadership when I am barely relevent, get given very little guidance on what to do as the only living player on the masons (Agape) lives in the opposite time zone from mine and many of the other of the villagers (esp. Daenym who at least was properly skewered in the video) either were slow to trust me or were too lazy to follow orders
4) Finally strict 24 hour deadlines get enforced despite the known timezone issue mentioned above, resulting in me being unable to overturn Agape's orders after coming up with a better lynch target when coming home. Some other villagers see it in time but don't cooperate so it didn't matter in the end.
5) And so you have a game where village should have had it in the bag thrown to not the wolf who played properly but the mafia that didn't deserve it. The end.

<3 jumpluff once more for being the only one who understands what I went through.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
4) Finally strict 24 hour deadlines get enforced despite the known timezone issue mentioned above, resulting in me being unable to overturn Agape's orders after coming up with a better lynch target when coming home. Some other villagers see it in time but don't cooperate so it didn't matter in the end.
You weren't screwed over by 24 hour deadlines here, you were screwed over by the fact that the lynch vote hit majority.

The only time I believe where 24 hour deadlines became an issue was when shade killed RODAN because he hadn't gotten a kill target and I waited until deadline to be like "who do you want to kill" and he said "rodan who is rodan" and mekkah gave him RODAN's alias. So, instead of having a mafia target from the village, he killed a villager (which put the mafia / wolf back in a position to win the game).

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The village bitching at Lonelyness that they couldn't get their kill target to the wolf in a 24 hour time frame OR that he called majority when it was majority is utter bullshit. LonelyNess was far from an ideal host (the long layoff before Fishin was lynched, LonelyNess Postgame, etc.) but neither of the aforementioned examples were worthy of the village getting angry (much less irate literally years later) at him. Frankly you should be angry at yourselves for throwing such an easy game if you have to be angry about it at all.

Only people who have a right to be angry in retrospect as far as I'm concerned are Mekkah/shade because the mafia sold out Mekkah a half cycle earlier than it made any possible sense to. Jumpluff/Bass/Ditto might've played well but you did not lose due to LonelyNess you lost due to the other villagers.

And Bass I have some sense of what you went through, if it is any consolation (I'm sure it's not) finding and killing you was the primary objective of the mafia for a minimum of three cycles due to how much more dangerous you were than anyone else left on the village.

Bass is angry at LN because Bass feels that LN blamed him for the loss.

Not because Bass feels that LN made bad hosting decisions.

So, uh, no one's bitching about that, unless I missed something.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
basically village shot themselves in the foot by not giving me a kill target

couldve all ended so smoothly guys

but still FUCK INTERWEBS

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
You weren't screwed over by 24 hour deadlines here, you were screwed over by the fact that the lynch vote hit majority.

The only time I believe where 24 hour deadlines became an issue was when shade killed RODAN because he hadn't gotten a kill target and I waited until deadline to be like "who do you want to kill" and he said "rodan who is rodan" and mekkah gave him RODAN's alias. So, instead of having a mafia target from the village, he killed a villager (which put the mafia / wolf back in a position to win the game).
That isn't the point, context is what matters here. The issue was that deadlines were tight and Agape and I were not given adequate time to communicate with each other. During that lynch he left instructions for lynching the wrong target, and the other villagers who were left on the outside like me for most of the game had no choice but to follow them because had they not the mafia could have easily lynched a villager unopposed due to such a tight deadline. One can argue that this was a misplay on Agape's part and it was. By the time I got home to try and override the lynch, I was more or less too late since the deadline was quickly approaching, so I had little time to convince the rest of the villagers to change their votes before the mafia could come and make majority, which unfortunately is what happened.

+1 Bass on this one: I didn't have the info Bass had at that point due to being on a camp most of the game and not bothering to find out the vital info after that were the major reasons for the awful misplay on my part there. Me meeting with Bass would have caused the lynch to become ran otherwise.

But then again, the outcome of a game is a result of all the actions done so far so there is no need to blame anyone. But then again postgame speculation will improve one's play in the next games. This game definitely made me learn a lot about effective village leading. The Mason team was awesome and fun and it was great to play with you. Even if Mekkah turned out to be a little bit too furry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)