Mario Kart Mafia (NOC) END: VILLAGE WINS

Analysis of @Jalmont:
Opens with an OMGUS RVS. And calls it an OMGUS, what's more. Since it's the RVS stage, nothing out of the ordinary there. Encourages prudence and patience in finding someone to lynch. On second page, calls out Solar Vapor for posts not really being useful. Upon consideration... I agree with him. Solar Vapor's posts until then were mostly worthless or just explaining small things. I definitely want to analyze Solar Vapor later. He also calls out useless reads - aka, stuff without a point to it, and says that Marquis is TL;DR. Upn reflection... huh. That stuff he mentioned does just muddy the waters, since quality > quantity IMO. Then he calls out Houndoomsday for not putting his money where his mouth is. His defense against Celever's accusations, though, are legit, perfectly logical, and similar to how I remember acting in Twilight/RNG NOC as mafia. Then he points out a lot of inconsistencies.
Conclusion: Either very good scum, or valuable villager
Analysis of @barty the beetle
First post agrees with both Celever and Spiffy... who are disagreeing with each other. He does so in a way that seems very reasonable... but it's very wishy-washy. Next relevant post is also wishy-washy regarding Marquis and Metal Sonic. Post #47 reeks of wishy-washy, and so does #50 IMO. Next post is... a bit weird. Why vote Blackhawk11 for more analyses when you can just ask? After all, he doesn't seem that suspicious (though I'm not analyzing him just now). Post #105 seems to jump from one target to another, as if he's just voting to seem like he's pressuring people. Also a bith wishy-washy regarding Metal Sonic and Blackhawk's post. Also makes a lot of Null reads, which ... what's the point, unless you've been asked to make a read on a person, or unless you're mafia trying to feign usefulness? Also, that excuse for not answering... yeah, uh... ok, MAYBE, but it just seems to rub the wrong way, since he's tired AND watching a timelapse? Why not just head off to bed now, and watch it later? Oh, and he went back on what he said for the 45 minutes thing, only giving us 20.
Conclusion: Scum. Wishy-washy is a massive scumtell. I'd be down for lynching him if we get to the point where more talk won't help, or something similar.
Also, worth analyzing Metal Sonic and Marquis because of how much barty's interacted with them.
Oh, and: Unvote FireMage, since we've got a better target. But I won't vote that target just yet.
Analysis of interactions between the two:
Nothing on the first page, that I can see. Nor on the second. On the third page, barty calls out Jalmont in post #105 for weak claims and small posts, etc. I sort of think that doesn't stand as any sort of evidence, though, just looking at what Jalmont's done and said so far. The call-out also had some wishy-washiness to it. Did I mention that already? Jalmont comments on barty's lack of reads.
Conclusion: Highly unlikely for both to be mafia, but possible. Most likely is barty mafia, Jalmont clean IMO, but if barty is innocent, then I'd be a bit more willing to bet on Jalmont mafia. Both innocent... Given that I'm innocent, it's 50.91% likely by math, but their behavior and sparse interactions are enough for me to say probably not.
The Jalmont maybe scum if barty isn't thing is mostly intuition, but they've called each other out enough that I'm willing to say one of them is mafia, and it's probably barty.
My to-do list:
Analyze Solar Vapor and his interactions with Jalmont.
Analyze Metal Sonic and Marquis and their interactions with each other and with barty the beetle

Jalmad.

spiffy: i pointed it out so we people wouldn't continue to RVS? if you noticed no one else randomly voted so I wouldn't say that's a bad thing. just because people "should" infer it for themselves, doesn't mean they will. the behavior of people in the game made it seem like they wanted to lynch someone right away. i was attempting to explain why that was a bad idea. don't assume everyone here is a genius NOC player
Actually a fair (and proven to be true) point.

@Celever please tell me the difference between the relationship between Jalmont and Blackhawk11 (which I still don't see how anyone thought this up, someone explain?) and the relationship between yourself and Metal Sonic. I don't see how people can speculate on scumteams when we haven't even lynched anyone yet.

Unvote Aura Guardian (Good analysis for now)
Vote Celever

Justifying his/her (can you clarify your gender please? :/) lynch vote on barty with the amount of time it will take barty to take the questions, which doesn't even matter, and "almost everyone else thinks you're scum" which is the definition of bandwagoning. And there was no excuse for asking everyone to remove lynch votes...Yes I'm still on that.

Something to note is Spiffy early in the game, where he says "barty is my most confident town read!" where Solar Vapor rightly pointed out that he makes Spiffy look good but then not using the adivce Spiffy said.
Please explain to me what this means because I have no idea what you're saying.

The main reason I don't like the barty lynch is HE BASICALLY CLAIMED A POWER ROLE. To be honest I see no reason for him not to claim, I'd like everyone's opinions on this.

And barty is at L-2 so that's enough votes on him for now!

barty claimed a power role but doesnt elaborate, and honestly i dont really see a reason for it. he panicked when he was challenged very early by vaguely claiming and he is going to have to do some major explaining in order to convince me (and most of the other villagers, i would gander) of his innocence.

obviously i dont want a lynch quite yet, its still around midday i would say, we have plenty of discussion left!

Votecount 1.3 - Overlapped

barty the beetle: (5) Marquis, Blackhawk11, Celever, Woodchuck, Houndoomsday, Celever L-2
Jalmont: (2) Marquis, Spiffy, Celever, barty the beetle, Metal Sonic, Celever
Aura Guardian: (1) Marquis, Solar Vapor, Blackhawk11, Spiffy
Solar Vapor: (1) Houndoomsday, Jalmont
No Lynch: (1) FireMage
Celever: (1) Spiffy, Spiffy
FireMage: (0) barty the beetle, Aura Guardian, Celever
Blackhawk11: (0) barty the beetle, Celever
Woodchuck: (0) Houndoomsday, Spiffy
Metal Sonic: (0) Woodchuck, Spiffy, Houndoomsday
Spiffy: (0) Celever
Marquis: (0) Jalmont Solar Vapor, Houndoomsday

Not voting: Aura Guardian

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Wow no activity last night.... o_k
Spiffy said:
@Celever please tell me the difference between the relationship between Jalmont and Blackhawk11 (which I still don't see how anyone thought this up, someone explain?) and the relationship between yourself and Metal Sonic. I don't see how people can speculate on scumteams when we haven't even lynched anyone yet.
Well first thing's first what is the point of day 1 if you're not looking for relationships.....
The difference between the relationships is Jalmont and Blackhawk and related to the game, and I jumped in to defend Metal Sonic because he was being wrongly accused of things. As I said, you hate him when he played like he was and now you hate him when he changed his play-style, it's simply unfair on Metal Sonic. I'm going to jump in and do that on anyone being wrongly accused of anything, it's just how I am. Also I admitted it was buddying before I did it, Jalmont admitted it was afterwards.

Spiffy said:
Justifying his/her (can you clarify your gender please? :/) lynch vote on barty with the amount of time it will take barty to take the questions, which doesn't even matter, and "almost everyone else thinks you're scum" which is the definition of bandwagoning. And there was no excuse for asking everyone to remove lynch votes...Yes I'm still on that.
I'm a his, I always have been. I only became a girl down in the circus when Aura Guardian started getting me confused with Cereza ;~;. Honestly I missed Barty getting to L-2 with my vote, and I will immediately remove it if someone else votes barty bringing him to L-1. I only said "everyone thinks you're scum" because it should get him to talk.. hopefully. I didn't know what an RVS was, it's my second game and it wasn't mentioned at all in the first one, that is all.

Spiffy said:
Please explain to me what this means because I have no idea what you're saying.
The fact that you deny it is hilarious. First of all... oh wait actually Solar Vapor has already called you out on it. I might have remembered if you replied, but you avoided doing so! :)
Solar Vapor said:
@Spiffy: You said you were most confident with barty being town and liked the way he posts and now you seem to think different about it? Any reason for this?
Answer it this time please, thank you.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok, I've just read through the posts that are on this page, and I'll just give a quick opinion on my reads.

@Metal Sonic: Talking about why he has been lead to go no more "number 1 scumhunter" due to pressure, and that this is not a reason to suspect him. He also made some reads, and made a vote, but nothing major. Using his scale for simplicity, I'd say he is Slightly town. I'd like to see a bit more information in order to see just what you think on the current situation.

@Celever: Starts by wondering if playing MineCraft for 8+ hours is possible (I'd say it is with breaks), talks about a possible Jalmont+Blackhawk connection, then makes a comment on why s/he considers Marquis a troll due to that first post and makes a sympathetic statement for Ms. I'd say Null-Town.

@Woodchuck: From what only on this page, he only made a small helpful hint towards Celever and organization. It would be hard for me to say anything about him other than that I consider him a Null.

@
Solar Vapor: He did mostly just ask some people a few questions, while making a statement on a few people. Once again, little to go from on this page, so I say Null.

@Houndoomsday: Mostly just talks about why he finds ms and ag to be somewhat suspicious, and asks for some reads. Although there is something in his words that somehow sounds.... Odd, for the lack of a better adjective, I'd say he currently stands as a Null.

@Spiffy: I've read and reread your post, but I don't get any real form of read from it. There is something odd, but it also seems like a proper post to get more discussion out, so I say, for now, Null.

@Blackhawk11: Done a small read on me and Jalmont, and not much more. I'm currently thinking Null.

For reasons already provided in earlier posts, both by me and by others, I still consider Jalmont a possible scum. I'll keep my vote on him until I see a reason to remove it, if I do see one.

Barty. The effort that you are putting into the game is unacceptably low. You've only effectively given reads on two players; everything else Null means that you haven't read them properly or do not wish to put a stance on a player.

If it wasn't obvious already, this is extremely scummy & lazy and this is the main reason that you are at L-2.

Furthermore, your "scumreads" are also lacking. Basically the only reason you have for your scumreads is because they are "odd".

This is unacceptable.

Buck up, or risk getting lynched. I won't put a vote on him because L-2, but yes the message should be clear.

I'd think that the reaction from Jalmont was very good.(His "rage" post, to be specific) Adequately defending against the (baseless) accusations against him, I'd admit that my vote on him was a mere pressure vote; I had indeed labeled him as "scum" in my previous reads list so I just decided its where my vote should be.

In summary, Barty: Null-Scum -> Scummy(or a town not putting enough effort)
Jalmont Slightly Scummy -> Slightly Towny

Metal Sonic step it up. For the last 3 on your random out-of-nowhere early game readslist, explain what that "magic content" is, a real reason why I'm scum/admit you can't actually read me, and for Spiffy talk about yourself less and explain if I'm reading this wrong but are you calling him town because you want him to be town or what

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
those didnt look like questions

1. Magic content is being helpful, taking a stance, and providing insightful reads.

2. Because your gambit is stupid + you haven't contributed much

3.Yes

Now a request back to you: Give us your updated reads on all players; they have got to changed since the last time

Celever

i am town
@Spiffy was viewing this thread earlier. He has no excuse to lurk given that I have asked him to do some things.

Also I have noticed that @FireMage 's play reminds me very much of Fire Blast's play in the RNG NOC. FireMage, if you do not have enough time to play this ask to be subbed out, not doing anything 1) Helps the mafia and 2) Hinders the town.

Oh @Celever don't worry I'm very excited to respond to this :)

The problem with the way you're looking at relationships your only reason for voting for Blackhawk11, which is bullshit because you didn't state anything else scummy about him (this is a theme with a lot of Celever's votes!) so it's not like he had something to defend himself from.

As I said, you hate him when he played like he was and now you hate him when he changed his play-style, it's simply unfair on Metal Sonic.
I never ONCE said that I hated Metal Sonic before his "change" or after his "change" so stop putting words in my mouth. Clearly you're not reading my posts well enough; and you're lying, which is something only mafia have to do in this game.

Honestly I missed Barty getting to L-2 with my vote, and I will immediately remove it if someone else votes barty bringing him to L-1. I only said "everyone thinks you're scum" because it should get him to talk.
"Fine", but you did not and have not stated what you think about barty that is scummy in your post. (Oh hey it happened again!).

The fact that you deny it is hilarious. First of all... oh wait actually Solar Vapor has already called you out on it. I might have remembered if you replied, but you avoided doing so!
This is my favorite part! Wtf did I deny? I simply asked what your sentence meant because it makes absolutely no sense and I want a clarification so I CAN answer it properly.

Oh, and here's where I answered Solar Vapor's question, smartass. (That is how I portrayed you in your post to me, not trying to be mean :D)

Spiffy said:
@Solar Vapor I stated in the post that I was rethinking my barty read because of Woodchuck's logic (alluding to being a power role so early for no reason).
I even restate the question so there is no excuse for "missing" it.

And ON TOP OF IT ALL, Celever once again gives NO reason why he votes for me at the end of his post, so what was it? Since I see no explanation for his vote on me, I can only assume that it was an OMGUS, which is scumtell on top of all of his other scummy behavior. I have never been so certain of my vote in this game until now.

@Houndoomsday @Aura Guardian @Woodchuck @Jalmont (I picked these users because I don't really remember them talking much about Celever) And anyone else who wants to answer
What do you think of Celever? He his been largely ignored by everyone but me so I'd like to hear all of your thoughts on him.

In other news, @Marquis you have been largely under the radar since your first post voting for barty the beetle (for reasons I don't agree with) and you're basically the reason this whole wagon started so can we have an update on what you think of barty now (even if it's the same)?

So I posted this around 2 days ago about Celever

meeeeeeeeeeee said:
celever: seems to be playing noob-cautious (STOP VOTING OR MAFIA WILL STEALTH!!!!!) which is a little weird because iirc celever has played in at least a couple of previous games, again still suspicious
but that was awhile ago and its time for an updated analysis. ill be looking at stuff from page 2 onwards.

so his first post was a wall of text that was pretty shit imo, because it was hard to identify scumreads and mostly was just a summary of events. it just wasnt well formatted but it wasnt /that/ suspicious to me because i figured it was just shitty formatting.

then i notice the pretty much the rest of celevers posts are short, and dont have much content. most are just activity prods or small summaries of posts which while useful, dont really help the village and is a good way for scum to hide their true intentions while appearing very active. even celevers massive quote post arguing with you basically was: i was just defending ms from bullying, and i think barty is scum sorry for the bandwagon.

in terms of reads celever basically had identified the blackhawk-jalmont connection which is tenuous but i can buy it. the barty read doesnt seem to have much evidence and seems to be bandwagon too, but i could have missed if celever actually explained the reasoning besides "everyone thinks you are scum".

i cant really tell if celever is just nooby as hell (the formatting is certainly indicative of that), or is scum. right now im leaning towards slight scum.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
Spiffy said:
I never ONCE said that I hated Metal Sonic before his "change" or after his "change" so stop putting words in my mouth. Clearly you're not reading my posts well enough; and you're lying, which is something only mafia have to do in this game.
I'm pretty sure he was referring generically to the rest of the town, instead of specifically you.

Spiffy, tell me what you think about player Solar Vapor. You've barely mentioned him up till now, and even though I can see that he is a pain to read, I'm interested to know if you find him town or scum.

@Solar Vapor is pretty much playing exactly the same as he did as Shining Latios in Mafia FtD. Asking basic questions, pointing out minor inconsistancies, etc. His activity has also remained relatively the same as his activity in Mafia FtD, where he was a villager, so at the moment I will label him as Town. I agree that he has focused more on questioning other players rather than providing insight himself, and I would like for him to be more vocal about his own reads, so for starters, Solar Vapor, you can start by also sharing your opinion on Celever. Since Shining Latios had the same problem in Mafia FtD as a villager, this doesn't really stand out to me as odd.

Celever

i am town
@Spiffy Yes I was using "you" subjectively as the whole town.
Something I find interesting is you say that lynching is the most valuable tool, and NOW you want to be cautious with it. i understand (now ;)) that it was RVS earlier but still.
Maybe people aren't responding to me as they can't find anything overly wrong with me, I don't know why you are looking into m posts so much but not looking as much at other people. Give reads on Houndoomsday, Aura Guardian, Jalmont and Blackhawk please. Obviously you think that former 3 are town because you asked for reads, but go more in-depth please.
If you don't mind me asking why are you focusing on me for this game?
Let's have a think why I voted you... because I find you scummy, because I am responding to you and seeing scumminess in the post? I meant to vote you in the above post, that was pretty clear. Tell me if you want me to respond to anything else, I think I covered everything.
@Houndoomsday My posts are short because I am on holiday. Furthermore you have gone from the Blackhawk+Jalmont relationship being fairly strong to being tenuous. You said it was strong here:
houndoomsday said:
i did however notice the jalmont-blackhawk connection so props for you for that
What has made it weaker?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)