Mario Kart Mafia (NOC) END: VILLAGE WINS

I didn't make the roles, I'm just playing as best I can. I'm not trying to divert the BG for anything, though. but in the interests of denying the mafia information on how to beat my role, I'm not going to say what my claim is, except that it might be able to save Celever tonight. I will later give some examples of what I could be, though, without specifying which one it is. But why would I BOTHER making that claim if I were mafia? Just kill the BG, and all's done, because the BG is one of the most powerful roles there is. I would never have attracted any attention to myself that way, and if there's a way to do it infinitely better, why bother with worse? Thank you for noticing that I wanted to be pressured, though. In part, it's because everyone should be at some point, because that gives us the most data overall. I was trying to set an example. Another part of it is that being on the defensive tends to increase how much I post. Ok, yeah, no scum would do that, thus proving I'm village, thus proving it's a good scum tactic. But that's circular logic. So, not much to do about that. But come on, you can probably find more stuff to accuse me about than just my request and claim.

Now, as for what I can be:
Reverse Martyr -> beaten by Safeguard, if Bowser Boys have it, but forms a nigh-invincible combo until the inspect claims (DON'T YET), at which point the inspect has 2 more nights to get inspects as I die to protect Celever, and then Celever dies to protect Inspector.
Martyr, and praying I hit mafia to get the kill onto me
Reflector (turns people who target me back on themselves) -> Powerful, but beaten by hooking Celever, or myself if it's an active power
Inspector, trying to make the mafia think I'm bluffing about being a power role, and thus getting them to ignore me
Modified Rogue, where I stalk someone on behalf of someone else, but only works if I would survive
Bluffing to trick the mafia into something -> beaten by calling my bluff
Idiot mafia by drawing attention to myself when no one's suspected me much before now

I am not claiming any of those (though I deny the last of them). Those are just examples of what I could be while leaving enough options that the mafia can not immediately know which one of them I am.

Sorry for not being up-to-date on all 500 posts yet. I would just like to inquire from Metal Sonic about his motivations for voting for me. I am just wondering how lynching me would benefit you and the "greater good." I am not fully through the posts up to this point, so I will withhold any uninformed (and possibly incriminating) analysis of the players. I will say that from what I have seen so far, the interaction between Celever and Spiffy looks quite suspicious. Among other news, there is an obvious connection between Blackhawk11 and Woodchuck that everyone seems to be missing, so I'm going to Vote Woodchuck until he explains himself and his interactions with Blackhawk11.

Oh yes, I suppose I have to Unvote Snaquaza. I have no problem with this because his play screams villager to me. Besides, Snaquaza has been extremely helpful to the village.

Among other news, there is an obvious connection between Blackhawk11 and Woodchuck that everyone seems to be missing
care to explain? how is it "obvious" if no one can see it?

his play screams villager to me. Besides, Snaquaza has been extremely helpful to the village.
care to explain? how is he screaming village, and being helpful to the village? all i see is a bunch of 1-2 lines that dont help the village and take up space

In response to your first question, I will let Woodchuck explain his connection and interactions with BlackHawk11. In the likely case that he plays dumb, I will spell it out for the common folk. I don't want possible scum having any extra information to play off of. On a digression, you seem to comment on many posts directed at other players. I have noted this in my analysis that I will be posting later. Perhaps you are trying to direct your scum buddies like a puppet master, making them bounce and sway on your concealed strings.

In response to your second question, the sub-tones of Snaquaza's posts make it obvious that he is a villager. While a bit lazy, his posts show that he has the intention to try to eek out some important reads as if that is his only way of being useful. From that, I will even go as far as to say he is probably a vanillager. He has been quite helpful in inciting some responses from players that give valuable information for reading.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
he could be mafia trying to cast suspicion in light of the vacuum of viable lynch targets caused by Celever's claim.
I'll post something insightful and less terse after my flight home tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'd like Zephirex to point out posts in which he sees a connection; asking me to provide evidence of a nonexistent connection that YOU made up is asinine. Give actual reasoning behind your reads, and stop trying to pass off your half-assed rhetoric as insight.

Perhaps you are trying to direct your scum buddies like a puppet master, making them bounce and sway on your concealed strings.
why would i not just use mafia chat? you make no sense and are pulling claims out of your ass

In response to your second question, the sub-tones of Snaquaza's posts make it obvious that he is a villager. While a bit lazy, his posts show that he has the intention to try to eek out some important reads as if that is his only way of being useful. From that, I will even go as far as to say he is probably a vanillager. He has been quite helpful in inciting some responses from players that give valuable information for reading.
first of all, you cant just say "the sub-tones of his posts make it obvious he is villager". how about you, you know, point some of that out? your second sentence makes no sense, and i dont see how you can read that he has no PR from that?

yeah just go ahead and lynch me because im contributing to the village too much

my bad about the daytalk, i just assumed it would be allowed but obviously i was wrong. and if i was mafia why would i make up such an easily disproved claim. that makes no sense at all

obviously since this is my first game of mafia ever, i would be the prime candidate to lead the mafia.

It must be really hard to keep your cool right now, facing intense scum accusations. I would panic too if my mafia teammates and I were called out with tough to beat claims. Luckily, the claims being leveled against you are totally unfounded and random, which is why you are so calm. Oh? You are panicking? Maybe, the claims really do have a basis, and you realize that basis. Unfortunately, I, once again, have to sleep. Expect fully verified and clarified claims tomorrow backed with "postual evidence." In fact, I am so confident in my claims that I will Unlynch Woodchuck and Lynch Houndoomsday to apply the starting pressure to get the scum talking (I will have evidence on Woodchuck, too, but I'm going to apply the most pressure at the weakest link). I suggest that all scum quickly bandwagon and hammer me before I get back tomorrow.

rofl 'panicking'

all you have done is made vague accusations and fail to explain yourself.

i still dont see how you expect someone with no mafia experience whatsoever. the ONLY thing that makes me scummy that you have brought up is the fact that i respond to things not directed at me. if i was a noob mafia, would i really be doing that? now that there isnt a solid bandwagon for scum to hop on, youve decided to try and bangwagon me!

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I hate to break the current conversation but I am requesting a sub for myself. I unfortunately am lacking time to dedicate to this game. I've got way to much stuff on my plate atm with work, and as much as I'd love to debate, speculate, etc., I just can't.

Before I leave though, I will say one thing for sure:

This day needs to end and someone please end it now. Thanks.

PS: Whoever my sub is, best of luck and I hope you all have a good game. Oh and don't be idiots please. Think before you post!!! :)

PSS: If you are new and you aren't certain of how to go about playing mafia (and yes this is targetted to every player who hasn't read any of these articles), I highly recommend reading up on some guides we have on-site. We have a lot of guides/articles/etc stuffed into older issues of the Smog:

Welcome to the Family ~Written by yours truly
Introduction to Smogon Mafia ~Written by Mekkah
Common Mafia Roles ~Written by Mekkah
Leading the Village in Mafia ~Written by Mekkah
Designing and Hosting a Mafia Game ~Written by Mekkah
The Stealth Element of Mafia ~Written by Mekkah
Soft Alliances in Mafia ~Written by Mekkah
Applied Planning for Villagers ~Written by UncleSam
Up the Mafia Tempo ~Written by Mekkah

My little parting gift to you all~

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I can't even understand this.... is Zyphirex a troll or even dumber than me? He is making my brain melt and I do the same to Acklow .-..

Houndoomsday you have read through one mafia yet you know a lot about it, you knew about all of the terms and roles and everything from one game? I've read a couple of the smog articles Acklow linked (More Cowbell linked them to me in the RNG NOC ;)) and have actually played in a mafia yet I don't know nearly as much as you.

Honestly I don't know what to think about Aura Guardian though...

The slot of FireMage/cxinlee/Zyphirex is just DUMB. 3 noobs newbs that are absolutely dumb. FireMage did nothign and wanted a No Lynch on day 1 because "he can't see what was wrong with it". cxinlee is using internet guides and posting horribly methodically that makes him look clean but it only did the opposite since it didn't actually make him help the town. I think Zyphirex is just dumb and blatantly buddied with a scumbuddy, Snaquaza, and is throwing claims with less base around than mine and that is impressive .-.. Snaquaza has also been acting suspicious for the exact OPPOSITE reasons Zyphirex buddied him for.

"In response to your second question, the sub-tones of Snaquaza's posts make it obvious that he is a villager. While a bit lazy, his posts show that he has the intention to try to eek out some important reads as if that is his only way of being useful. From that, I will even go as far as to say he is probably a vanillager. He has been quite helpful in inciting some responses from players that give valuable information for reading."

Well the sub-tones make literally NO SENSE because sub-tones 1) pretty much don't exist and 2) Can EASILY be faked. He is lazy, that is scummy. Examples please. Why are you speculating on the roles so specifically. In this game you have: Town, Mafia, A bunch of claims because everyone is being pressured into claiming or just doing it anyway. You don't need to speculate on specific roles yourself, ESPECIALLY not a vanillager role who needs to do that!? Again, examples of responses please.

I am also a little suspicious of Houndoomsday still since he is incredibly quick to jump to being defensive from a tiny accusation on him which I find to be a little noob mafia-ish and also lampshades a hell of a lot. As I said he is also shockingly experienced for someone so inexperienced.

For now though I am going to side with Aura Guardian here and say lynch Solar Vapor because he hasn't posted for a while and promised reads and still hasn't worked well under pressure now that I can stop being backed into a corner by Spiffy I might be able to contribute to the town.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Acklow go work on turnabout/your job now that you've got one less commitment. Also thank you for the reading material but I assure you, I'm not a new player ;)

If someone could help me get caught up, that would be fantastic, as it's 4 AM and this thread has a daunting amount of pages for someone who hasn't been following the game.

Unvote until I figure out who the hell my vote is/was on.

EDIT: One thing I DID read was Acklow claiming to be a vanillager, and I can confirm this claim. If anyone has any questions to direct towards me, feel free to do so, but know that my ability to explain my predecessors' actions will be understandably limited.

Last edited:

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Vanillager with item or no vanillager?

A lot of the pages (like 2 maybe) would be an argument of Spiffy trying to get me pressured but I've claimed now so only Spiffy looks bad out of it ;).

The main target rn is Zyphirex and Snaquaza.

We don't really have a town leader.

That's about it that I can do quickly.

Blackhawk11

one on one
@Zyphirex is probably referring to this brief convo between Woodchuck and I. Or at least, this was all a search of "Blackhawk11, blackhawk" in posts by Woodchuck in this thread led me to.. >_> Maybe he's reading through every post and in just now on this part (page 5/21...), since I don't see any sort of connection after this point. As for this convo, I posted an opinion about barty, Woodchuck asked for a bit of clarification, and I clarified. I guess I'm biased since I'm involved in this, but I don't think this is anything special.

I am suspicious of Zyphirex grasping at straws here.

In other news, I think AG's defense was pretty solid. I completely overlooked the possibility of a martyr sort of role, and I'm willing to believe it. Celever, it seems like your best shot at surviving would indeed be to protect AG.

Unvote Aura Guardian
Vote Zyphirex

i wasnt actually planning to vote again zyphirex, but i slept on it, read through the thread a bit more, and looked at the sub list. both cxinlee and firemage (the previous subs), havent done shit, and honestly neither has he.

he has basically made 3 statements

snaquaza is village because of his sub-tones and his play screams villager to me: i cant seem to find any logic as to why snaquaza is village, and asked him about that. all he could do was tell me it was because of snaquaza's subtones, and then get this: he brings me up for the first time in an OMGUS. Why he didn't mention me until i called him out i have no clue. and then all of a sudden im his lynch target? seems veryyyyyyyyy panicky to me.

blackhawk woodchuck connection: he doesnt explain this at all. literally. nothing

he mentions celever and spiffy being suspicious: weird that he doesnt mention celevers role claim at all. maybe he hadnt gotten to that part but w/e

basically if you keep in mind how little his predecessors contributed to the village and how little he is contributing, i have to agree with those who are getting scumreads on him. his behavior just seems to try and point as many fingers away so he doesnt have fingers pointed at him. and honestly, if we lynch him and he turns village, unless he is a power role we dont end up losing much at all

unvote
vote zyphirex

explain yourself

Well, that was surprisingly effective. I will admit that the Blackhawk11-Woodchuck connection was complete bullshit. The Celever-Spiffy connection seems like it could mean something, but I haven't read far enough to confirm anything or draw conclusions. My suspicions of the scumminess of Houndoomsday stem from his habit of latching on to all sorts of posts not directed at him and his play showing much more knowledge/experience than what he claims to have. To be quite honest, I have only read through the first half of the game, and I skimmed through the first few pages, so I really don't know much of what has been going on recently. I am aware that FireMage was extremely inactive, but I have no idea what cxinlee was doing. I have mostly been trying to stay active and maybe get some good reactions to help with reading people, and I have gotten many reactions. Hopefully I can catch up by the end of today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)