Mario Kart Mafia (NOC) END: VILLAGE WINS

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Ohhhh so NOW you know what's going on and it was all a bluff.

Why the hell would you make bullshit, it was already used against Marquis in day 1 so why are you doing it now.
Read what people have been saying Spiffy and I's argument means nothing given that it was to make me look scummy which I am not any more given that I have claimed now.
Oh the irony, you just repeated what I said lol.
I'm not buying that you have only read through half the game you have repeated what I said which means that you are trying to say "I have only read through half the game but I can figure out stuff that a confirmed town says too I must be clean right!!!1!1!!!
You have got reactions because your bullshit was bullshit so people respond to that bullshit when you were already suspicious so that wasn't a good time to do that.

Well, isn't this funny. To start, I have no idea what you are talking about when you say I am repeating what you said. I hate to be an ass, but repeating what you say doesn't seem like the smartest idea to me, especially when you talk about your noobishness every other sentence. It just seems like a load of ass kissing the other players. Not to mention you were damn quick to bandwagon on me when my only reference to you was an extremely vague note about a "connection" with Spiffy. You seem like a panicky mafia trying to bandwagon a villager in the hopes of diverting attention from yourself.

Also, @Houndoomsday , prefacing your post with "ROFL" only gives the impression that you are trying to nervously laugh off accusations, and is throwing back the panicky card the best defense you can give? Also, judging the sentiments of the other players, are you really willing to gamble on whether or not I have a power role?

L-3 in less than 24 hours. I think I've been pretty successful this game. :p Of course, quick-lynching me would make the scum really obvious, so it wouldn't be a complete waste.

Sorry for the wall of text. :/

I still find it really weird that @Aura Guardian felt the need to claim. I understand you did it to try and "save the BG" but a claimed BG is a dead man walking anyway so revealing ANOTHER power role seems really unnecessary. Even if you can save him the only person (according to you) that he can protect to remain alive is you, which pretty much gives the mafia free rein to kill whoever else they want. I'd much rather Celever protect whoever he wants, whether it be A_G or someone else so the mafia have to play a guessing game for who they choose to kill.

Agreeing with the majority that I couldn't locate @Zyphirex's Blackhawk11 and Woodchuck connection. The only connection I see is that they were voting the same way (for Celever) for awhile? But he said he'd give us evidence so I'll wait and see. Other than that he calls my interaction with Celever "suspicious" which really tells me nothing. I don't really get why some people piled their votes on him so suddenly (Blackhawk11, Celever, now Houndoomsday since I've been posting this) when he said he'd post the evidence. If his evidence isn't substantial enough I understand voting for him then, but I don't really see anything so scummy about him for now.

I disagree with @Celever that being lazy is scummy. Being lazy just means the player is disinterested in the game, which could go for either village or mafia. And don't you have Jalmont as a town read? He is easily the laziest one in the game right now...

@Houndoomsday's post #511 is p. scummy because he resorts to tons of WIFOM ("if I was mafia why would I do this?") as his defense. I do believe that there is a possibility that his assumption of scum daytalk could have been a scumslip.

@Walrein I certainly hope you will try to read the thread because that's really the only way you're going to get accurately caught up. Also everyone lynch Walrein he is noncommital!

I'd like to clarify that I obviously was not aware that Celever was the bodyguard when I was pressuring him. He sure wasn't playing like it (jumping at any little thing to make someone seem suspicious instead of playing more lowkey) and some people really don't seem to understand (Snaquaza and Celever in particular) that villagers are not privy to the fact that they are mislynching other villagers. So no, I did not "look bad coming out of it".

Ok so I looked over the thread and will now read a few people. I'll start with the two people I've talked the most about this day (that haven't claimed power roles) Metal Sonic and Jalmont. Then I will proceed with Snaquaza who is my new biggest scumread (congrats!). I'll stop there for now because I'm getting tired of typing...

@Metal Sonic: I have pretty much already given my views on Metal Sonic today. His first post I now interpret as a blatant troll that some people took seriously and thought was town. Trolling isn't indicative of town or scum, especially with Metal Sonic, so that post is null. He then posts some pretty premature reads which were obviously lacking but it was so early on in the game that that isn't really a big deal. I already explained that I don't like Metal Sonic bullying Celever into voting for barty when barty had plenty of pressure at that time. On top of that Metal Sonic didn't contribute anything else and seemed only concerned in getting barty at L-1. Once again this does seem to be normal Metal Sonic behavior (looking at MFtD for reference) but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Then Metal Sonic apparently catches that Celever claimed power role when no one else did, which is +townie points because he could have just let everyone keep pressuring Celever and wasting more time if he was mafia (though this is WIFOM so a very minor point). Overall, Null, very slight Town.

@Jalmont: Jalmont hasn't really done much all game. He's been flying under the radar the whole game and posting only the bare minimum. It's possible that this is due to time constraints, but his vote is currently on no lynch which is unacceptable and I don't understand why people are just letting this go. I already stated previously that his first non-RVS post was "fluffy" (telling everyone that there's an unlimited deadline, etc.). His next few posts are much better, however, (wtf did I miss these the first time through?) and bring up many valid points about Solar Vapor. For some reason I had thought Jalmont did nothing all game but I come to find out he is capable of contributing something! This makes it more inexcusable for his lack of activity and his current vote of no lynch. Again I've been posting my beef with Jalmont for a lot of the game, so the only new additions are the posts where he calls out Solar Vapor (pointing out his summarizing etc.), I just disagree with his reasons because that sounds exactly like Shining Latios to me. His refusal to give any reads/votes is still really annoying. Overall, Null and pissing me off.

@Snaquaza: I know he subbed in for Marquis, but Marquis seemed like a very capable mafia player and he subbed out too early for me to get a good read on him, so I'm going to ignore what he contributed for this read. Starting off, the entirety of his post #214 is summarizing. He claims that this is just to help himself, but I really don't buy that and that post was completely unnecessary. He could have just pulled up another document and summarized the game for himself there instead of clogging the thread with it. There is only one reason why anyone would post summaries, and it's to seem active without contributing anything. Is it just me or was his post #290 extremely complicated to understand? For instance:
Snaquaza said:
I see this as a nooby post of Celever as of which you can’t know anything as it is really something for him to do this.
Snaquaza said:
well BtB tries to make him look the best person as all he does is good
Please clarify what these statements mean because I have no clue. :/
His list of reads in post #306 pretty much say absolutely nothing. For example, he calls Solar Vapor's posts "good" which is the furthest extent he goes to describe the posts, and cxinlee's posts say "just enough" to make him think he's town. Additionally, I have responded to his lynch vote on me, but he has yet to give me a followup or even acknowledge my defense so I don't even know where his head is at at the moment. Other then this he hasn't made a worthwhile post in a long time, and litters the thread with one liners that don't even contribute to the game and seem to only exist to make him look active (I can quote some if you want I am just tired of this right now). Overall, Scum.

Unvote Jalmont
Vote Snaquaza

A lot of you ninja'd me because this took forever btw.

Also, Celever, you tell me to read what people have been saying but then also say that you don't believe I didn't read the whole game. That just seems like a load of scum pot-shooting to me.

Votecount 1.11 - Controversy

Zyphirex: (4) Walrein, Aura Guardian, Celever, Jalmont, Spiffy, Metal Sonic, Blackhawk11, Celever, Houndoomsday L-3
Celever: (1) Spiffy, Spiffy, Zyphirex, Blackhawk11, Woodchuck, Zyphirex, Walrein, Spiffy
Snaquaza: (1) Jalmont, Solar Vapor, Houndoomsday, Zyphirex, Celever, Metal Sonic, Spiffy
Aura Guardian: (1) Snaquaza, Solar Vapor, Blackhawk11, Spiffy, Blackhawk11
Solar Vapor: (1) Houndoomsday, Jalmont, Aura Guardian, Celever
No Lynch: (1) cxinlee, Jalmont
Spiffy: (1) Celever, Celever, Celever, Snaquaza
Houndoomsday: (1) Zyphirex
Jalmont: (0) Snaquaza, Spiffy, Celever, Walrein, Metal Sonic, Celever, Houndoomsday, Spiffy, Jalmont, Spiffy
Metal Sonic: (0) Woodchuck, Spiffy, Houndoomsday, Spiffy
Acklow: (0) Snaquaza, Blackhawk11, Celever, Woodchuck, Houndoomsday, Celever, Metal Sonic, Celever, Zyphirex
Blackhawk11: (0) Walrein, Celever
Woodchuck: (0) Houndoomsday, Spiffy, Zyphirex

Not voting: (1) Walrein
Walrein, you know not to edit posts. I won't godkill, but I won't be so lenient in the future.

Last edited:
loving how zyphirex accuses celever of panic voting when he did the same thing when i called him out

Well, that was surprisingly effective. I will admit that the Blackhawk11-Woodchuck connection was complete bullshit. The Celever-Spiffy connection seems like it could mean something, but I haven't read far enough to confirm anything or draw conclusions. My suspicions of the scumminess of Houndoomsday stem from his habit of latching on to all sorts of posts not directed at him and his play showing much more knowledge/experience than what he claims to have. To be quite honest, I have only read through the first half of the game, and I skimmed through the first few pages, so I really don't know much of what has been going on recently. I am aware that FireMage was extremely inactive, but I have no idea what cxinlee was doing. I have mostly been trying to stay active and maybe get some good reactions to help with reading people, and I have gotten many reactions. Hopefully I can catch up by the end of today.
first of all i just cant see how me contributing more than the bare minimum makes me scummy. would you rather i stop talking and only address posts only specifically targeting me? i cant really prove a lack of experience, but this is my first game, i read through one noc to get the feel of a noc, and that is all i have done regarding mafia. the only thing i really can point out about my lack of experience is how i was unfamiliar with the RVS in the very beginning of the game. thats one of the basic strategies of RVS, but since i came in with no experience i had no clue what it was for a couple of posts

Also, @Houndoomsday , prefacing your post with "ROFL" only gives the impression that you are trying to nervously laugh off accusations, and is throwing back the panicky card the best defense you can give? Also, judging the sentiments of the other players, are you really willing to gamble on whether or not I have a power role?

L-3 in less than 24 hours. I think I've been pretty successful this game. :p Of course, quick-lynching me would make the scum really obvious, so it wouldn't be a complete waste.
glad you can analyze my emotion through text, obviously saying rofl is confirmed scum? its hard for me to give a defense when the only 'evidence' you have against me is that i post too much. glad to see people hiding behind vague power role claims though, its a good way for scum to avoid a lynching because they dont have to worry about actually using logic to prove their 'innocence'.

Eagle4 has been acting pretty suspicious, just giving vote count posts and warnings. That behavior seems pretty scummy to me...
trying to throw in a bad joke to make you seem more active and likeable? really helpful for village!

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I was unaware that was a rule, actually. My bad.

Prepare for a lot of double/triple posts from me in the future because a lot of the time I click Post Reply then think of something else, as I've already proven.

Still reading through the thread but I'm starting to formulate a couple of theories.

loving how zyphirex accuses celever of panic voting when he did the same thing when i called him out
About Celever, as I have been reading through the game, he has hopped onto bandwagons before. One time might not be suspicious, but, if you remember, he voted for barty because "everyone thought he was scum." All he is trying to do is jump from bandwagon to bandwagon and hope for a mislynch. I was using my vote to apply pressure. You then accused me of bandwagoning when I was the only person to vote for you.

first of all i just cant see how me contributing more than the bare minimum makes me scummy. would you rather i stop talking and only address posts only specifically targeting me? i cant really prove a lack of experience, but this is my first game, i read through one noc to get the feel of a noc, and that is all i have done regarding mafia. the only thing i really can point out about my lack of experience is how i was unfamiliar with the RVS in the very beginning of the game. thats one of the basic strategies of RVS, but since i came in with no experience i had no clue what it was for a couple of posts
I won't argue over your level of experience, but perhaps you got some instruction from a more experienced mafia buddy ahead of time. This would make sense as there were clear holes in your knowledge that your buddy probably skipped. Of course, trying to facade as a noob could be a strategy for gathering sympathy.

glad you can analyze my emotion through text, obviously saying rofl is confirmed scum? its hard for me to give a defense when the only 'evidence' you have against me is that i post too much. glad to see people hiding behind vague power role claims though, its a good way for scum to avoid a lynching because they dont have to worry about actually using logic to prove their 'innocence'.
This is a NOC. If not through text, how else should I read your emotions? The evidence is not that you post too much. Perhaps you should consider reading lessons. The evidence is your choice in posting. Specifically, you seem to like to act as a sort of mediator in many discussions. Perhaps you are a very good villager, trying to clarify/specify certain points. Or maybe you are an intelligent scum trying to muddle village communications? Speaking of your talk of vague power role claims, you weren't you against deciding whether or not someone was a vanillager? At least, that's what you seemed to be implying. You could clarify for me if you want. I'm not claiming anything because I'd rather use 'logic' to prove my innocence, although I have serious doubts about your definition of logic.

trying to throw in a bad joke to make you seem more active and likeable? really helpful for village!
Would you rather I try to make myself seem inactive and unlikeable?

@Spiffy, I think I've explained the scenarios for why I claimed, but I'll summarize:
1) I could need him to target me for him to survive
2) My power could function to save him even if he doesn't target me, but I'd need him to keep me alive to keep him alive longer
3) I'm bluffing the mafia

The 3 options, not accounting for nuances in power role. As for why I claimed, rather than scenarios: Because I might just be able to keep the BG alive. If another power role more worthy of staying alive than mine claims (re: most of them, and don't, yet), then I *may* be able to extend their longevity by having extended the BG's life. It's not guaranteed by any means, though, because of the previously-mentioned weaknesses to all the example roles I gave for what I could be.

Yes, I'm playing this "keep the bg alive" a bit close to the chest, but that's because I need to.

As fort the Zyphirex debate: It's going on in a way that I, in my slight-headache state, cannot really help, so I'm going to watch from here... But no, @Celever, yours is not the only brain melting.

About Celever, as I have been reading through the game, he has hopped onto bandwagons before. One time might not be suspicious, but, if you remember, he voted for barty because "everyone thought he was scum." All he is trying to do is jump from bandwagon to bandwagon and hope for a mislynch. I was using my vote to apply pressure. You then accused me of bandwagoning when I was the only person to vote for you.
nah i didnt accuse you of bandwagoning, i accused you of panic-voting, along the lines of omgus. however that is a valid point about celever hopping on multiple bandwagons, but i think in the end both of you have done the same thing, you just to a lesser degree

This is a NOC. If not through text, how else should I read your emotions? The evidence is not that you post too much. Perhaps you should consider reading lessons. The evidence is your choice in posting. Specifically, you seem to like to act as a sort of mediator in many discussions. Perhaps you are a very good villager, trying to clarify/specify certain points. Or maybe you are an intelligent scum trying to muddle village communications? Speaking of your talk of vague power role claims, you weren't you against deciding whether or not someone was a vanillager? At least, that's what you seemed to be implying. You could clarify for me if you want. I'm not claiming anything because I'd rather use 'logic' to prove my innocence, although I have serious doubts about your definition of logic.
i think i worded it a little poorly- i meant to say something along the lines of "you using the fact that i said rofl as evidence i was scum" was looking too far in the wrong places for scum. anyways, i cant really see how im muddling communication- you said it yourself, i am a good villager who wants to help the village as much as i can- would scum really being doing this? to be honest i dont get the last half of the paragraph, and if you could make it a little more clear that would be nice

oh and by the way, thanks for the multiple personal attacks on my reading comprehension and logical abilities, what a well reasoned case ;) im not going to continue arguing if you keep acting like this- it just makes both of us look bad

@Houndoomsday Alright, I am fairly convinced that you are not scum. However, I am still reading through the game, and, if I see anything else suspicious, I will not hesitate to bring it up. From that point, I will Unlynch Houndoomsday.

However, Celever remains suspicious to me. He has repeatedly voted for someone with the highest votecount. He panders to the other players by saying things along the lines of "O sry Im a noob, I guess u r right." He acts nervous and panicky when he feels even slight pressure. Also, I don't understand what he means by:

Read what people have been saying Spiffy and I's argument means nothing given that it was to make me look scummy which I am not any more given that I have claimed now.
Oh the irony, you just repeated what I said lol.
I'm not buying that you have only read through half the game you have repeated what I said which means that you are trying to say "I have only read through half the game but I can figure out stuff that a confirmed town says too I must be clean right!!!1!1!!!
Specifically, I don't understand what he is saying about a "confirmed town." I don't know who is referring to, nor do I know what he means by "you have repeated what I said." To the best of my knowledge, it is impossible for someone to be a confirmed town on Day 1.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
@Houndoomsday Alright, I am fairly convinced that you are not scum. However, I am still reading through the game, and, if I see anything else suspicious, I will not hesitate to bring it up. From that point, I will Unlynch Houndoomsday.

However, Celever remains suspicious to me. He has repeatedly voted for someone with the highest votecount. He panders to the other players by saying things along the lines of "O sry Im a noob, I guess u r right." He acts nervous and panicky when he feels even slight pressure. Also, I don't understand what he means by:

Specifically, I don't understand what he is saying about a "confirmed town." I don't know who is referring to, nor do I know what he means by "you have repeated what I said." To the best of my knowledge, it is impossible for someone to be a confirmed town on Day 1.
Read my posts. I know that you haven't got up to this point yet in which case stop posting. You pretty much said it yourself "these posts are to make me look active". That's not a good thing to say. As I said I claimed and that is why I am pretty much confirmed town (unless Eagle4 didn't put in a bodyguard lol). Also can you read english?
re·peat
[ri-peet]
to say or utter again (something already said): to repeat a word for emphasis.
to say or utter in reproducing the words, inflections, etc., ofanother: to repeat a sentence after the teacher.
to reproduce (utterances, sounds, etc.) in the manner of anecho, a phonograph, or the like.
to tell (something heard) to another or others.
to do, make, or perform again: to repeat an action.

Ampharos

A list of VERY quick reads:

Spiffy: Posting a lot with substance (an important qualifier!), good reads, promoting discussion. Town

Celever: Flighty, defensive, seems a bit clueless, but I'm pretty sure that's just his/her personality, as I'm inclined to believe his/her claim. Town

Houndoomsday and Zyphirex: Whenever two players get into a knockdown, dragout argument, I always look for signs that they might just be two villagers having a shouting match - which, historically, has happened more often than town vs. scum arguments (for precedent, see: UncleSam vs. Galladiator in Desktop Dungeons Mafia, Aura Guardian vs. Orcinus Duo in the beginner I hosted whose name escapes me).

However, one thing that irks me is how quickly the argument ended - in the space of about two posts they went from trading personal attacks to completely backing off each other. Specifically, I feel like Zyphirex backed off of Houndoomsday after a rather weak defense by the latter. I need to look into this more, but at the moment I'm going to say null-scum for both of them.

One possibility that I'd like to bring to light is that they may both be mafia bussing each other as a ploy, which would explain the abrupt ending. As I said, I will read into this more in-depth.

Aura Guardian: Is claiming some sort of village redirector. While this has been done before in NOC games (again, see my beginner game IIRC), it is quite a difficult role to prove, and I'm having trouble getting a handle on Aura Guardian overall, though I don't like the way he completely refused to analyze the Zyph-HDD argument. Null

Woodchuck: In the past has driven the discussion, prodding players to not post bullshit and actually include substance. Probably my strongest town read.

Blackhawk: States his opinion, and occasionally puts pressure on people, but overall seems very laid-back in my mind. Null town

Jalmont: Abrasive, almost trolling, rarely posts. Jalmont always plays early town like this however. Null until the game progresses to the point that he's forced to actually do things.

Shining Latios/whatever he changed his name to (soul something): Appears to have died, also it's SL. Null

Snaquaza: Makes my head hurt. His logic is almost as bad as his syntax. Either scum or retarded town

I probably forgot someone, let me know if I did. I know I said I was gonna read the thread indepth but I lost track of time on minecraft (it is very possible to play it for 8 hours straight) and only wound up skimming :/

@Spiffy @Woodchuck (my two strongest town reads), what's your take on the HDD-Zyph thing? Two villagers caught up in a misunderstanding, a legitimate attack on scum by a town, or two scum bussing?

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well, the fact that our claimed bodyguard doesn't even know who the current players in this game are is HIGHLY ENCOURAGING.

@Walrein my take on HDD vs Zyph is that Zyph opened up his part of the game by randomly attacking players to try and draw a reaction. I'm not really sure why he thinks that is constructive, but he did say that the "connection" he accused Blackhawk and I of having was actually just bullshit. I don't really think Zyph was bussing Houndoomsday, though, because HDD had previously been a town read of several other players in the game and it wouldn't make sense for a mafia to try and call that into question. I don't really know enough about Zyph's playstyle yet, but Zyph playing mafia trying to make others look scummy or playing village... differently is more likely in my eyes than a bussing exchange. Zyphirex did back off of HDD oddly quickly, but he did the same thing to me and maybe he's just trying to get reactions at this point? Again, I'd need to see him post more in order to get a read on him. Zyphirex kind of reminds me of Marquis's play, in that he(/she) has strongly worded, even strident, posts, and is extremely ready to assert others as scum. As for HDD's side, from what I remember from this thread, HDD doesn't tend to pursue these exchanges with other players much farther if the other player drops the argument first. This would be interesting to look back and see if his pattern with some players is different from others, but that'll have to wait as I need to sleep.

When I was reading Snaquaza I somehow completely missed page 20 where the majority of his most recent posts were. Surprise surprise, I still didn't find anything useful. The "analysis" of cxinlee in particular was extremely lacking and all of the "bad things" he lists about cxinlee apply to himself as well. So basically page 20 has fueled my fire even more for a Snaquaza lynch today.

@Celever Zyphirex subbed in for cxinlee/FireMage.
@Zyphirex the reason why Celever says he is confirmed town is because he claimed bodyguard and there has yet to be a counter claim. Although the possibility does exist that the real bodyguard could just be lying low and doesn't want to risk counter claiming (I feel this is unlikely), it would be stupid to risk a power role by lynching him today.

@Walrein you forgot Metal Sonic in your list of reads.
I agree with you that I was surprised when Zyphirex retracted his vote for Houndoomsday so suddenly. To be honest, some ofhis reasoning for voting Houndoomsday was sound (I already mentioned how HDD's post #511 was scummy) so I was alright with the vote. I really don't want to make an assumption one way or another because Zyphirex just subbed in and I haven't really yet grasped his playstyle, but his vote for Houndoomsday could have been a mafia trying to start a bandwagon, noticing that no one followed suit, and is retracting his vote and trying to blend back into the crowd. I'll go with "too early to tell".

Ampharos

MS has been acting weird as fuck. I see a few possibilities:

1. he really has changed and is making an effort to be less obnoxious, but he's gone too far and is almost disappearing into the crowd
2. he's town trying not to get godkilled by Eagle
3. he's scum trying (and succeeding) to confuse the fuck out of everyone

The fact that his posts still contain all of his old condescension seem to rule out the first option. He seems to be operating with an almost irritated, flippant tone, which could imply the second option (he's pissed that Eagle is lording this over his head). I'm going to bed right now and can't really recall the EXACT content of his posts (will look into it), but based on the above conjecture I'll go with null-town.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)