1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Masuda Method Without Shiny Charm

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Sykikal, Jan 23, 2014.

1. andymonte

andymonte

I restored it back to an earlier version before stuff began disappearing. Unless someone else wants to take the lead and create a new one with editing restriction, I can go ahead a be the maintainer for this.
  2. Sykikal

Sykikal

It seems like there haven't been many updates lately. Is anyone still working on hatching eggs for this thread?
  3. andymonte

andymonte

I haven't had time lately. Will get back to it this weekend.
  4. farmer Potato

farmer Potato

I pledge 700 eggs in batches of 175 (so 4)

Please give me some time, finals upcoming
  5. K.K. Moody

K.K. Moody

I don't know if this would be usable, but I hatched 1 shiny after 1200 eggs, 1 shiny after 1400, and 1 shiny after 6 eggs.
  6. Odd Sponge Out

Odd Sponge Out

I'll start off with 100 Froakie eggs. I can't remember the region my foreign spitback is from, but I think it might be French. My pack is English, U.S. as region.
    I'm a bit busy at the moment, but I'll report back when I get this done.
  7. Beef Masta

Beef Masta

I am pledging 300 eggs. The ditto is 6iv Jpn while the Doublade is 4iv Eng. I shall commence at once! I will return after 100 eggs

Wow! 13 eggs in and I got a shiny female honedge. I will still be hatching eggs but of a new pokemon. will that change anything?
    Last edited: May 31, 2014
  8. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

Don't know how helpful this is but I bred 200 Bulbasaur eggs and got a shiny on the 66th. I will pledge 200 Mudkip.
  9. Amapola62

Amapola62

I am breeding Magikarps for the moment with a French (5 IV) Magikarp and a (6 IV) German Ditto but I don't know how many I have hatched...
  10. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

Got my shiny Mudkip in the 20th egg. The rest were duds.
  11. Mr. Goodra

Mr. Goodra

Can I add to this with pledges I've already completed? I went for batches of 100 and kept at it... in 800 Honedge I got 2 shinies (1 at 654, 1 at 702) and in 400 Marill's I got one shiny at 388. I don't want to add my details if they can't be considered valid considering pledging after hatching, however I'm about to work on a Treecko so I will pledge 300 eggs to that and update when completed.
  12. The Shiny Whisperer

The Shiny Whisperer

Ill help. I pledge you batches of 30.Will be updating.
    Edit:Batch 1 0-30 no shinies will continue the mudkip.Parents are mudkip English and mudkip Japanese.Will switch when acquired
    Edit:Batch 2 finished Tipped 3000 $No shinies.
    Edit:Batch 3 completed no shiny
    Batch 4 no shinies
    Batch 5 no shinies
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  13. The Shiny Whisperer

The Shiny Whisperer

Hey guys are we still doing this? No one has been updating.
  14. Mr. Goodra

Mr. Goodra

In 900 Treecko I got two shinies, 1 at 94 and 1 at 814. I'm terrible at spreadsheets so if somebody could update information on my behalf i would greatly appreciate it.
  15. The Shiny Whisperer

The Shiny Whisperer

I could do it.
    Edit:Done!
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  16. Mr. Goodra

Mr. Goodra

Thank you! Could you also update my previous post before that? (Honedge and Marill)
  17. The Shiny Whisperer

The Shiny Whisperer

Ok
    Edit:Done!
    Mr. Goodra likes this.
  18. The Shiny Whisperer

The Shiny Whisperer

Doing tipping method hoping shiny to switch parents.
  19. Lapras131

Lapras131

I pledge 1000 Lapras eggs in batches of 100 each.
    Batch 1: None
    Batch 2: None
    Batch 3: None
    Batch 4: None
    Batch 5: None
    Batch 6: None
    Batch 7: None
    Batch 8: None
    Batch 9: None
    Batch 10: None

Since I'm actually trying to get a shiny, I pledge 500 more.

Batch 11: None
    Batch 12: None
    Batch 13: None
    Batch 14: None
    Batch 15: None

Ugggg... I'm just gonna pledge 100 at a time...

Batch 16: None
    Batch 17: None
    Batch 18: None
    Batch 19: #1867 was a shiny
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  20. The Shiny Whisperer

The Shiny Whisperer

I am gonna stop.Good luck!
  21. Lapras131

Lapras131

Thanks. I actually want a shiny Lapras really bad because it's my favorite Pokemon (hence my username and picture) so I decided I would help out with the research while I'm at it.

1867th egg was shiny. It's a bit above the odds I've read online but definitely not the worst number I've seen.
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
    The Shiny Whisperer likes this.
  22. Nibelilt

Nibelilt

I haven't transfered up my living dex, because most of it is in White and I want to move it to White 2, to get the Shiny Charm there. Been breeding Froakie eggs today/yesterday. I bred the first 30 or so with a Spanish Frogadier and Japanese Ditto, before switching the Spanish Frogadier for an English Greninja when I bred a better Froakie. I'm up to 170 hatched now. Not one Shiny.
    If nothing else, at least I got a Greninja I can use online, because I didn't bother breeding one before this. :P

I added myself to the spreadsheet, if that's OK. I was going to add a rating of 9 to my tipping scale, but for some reason I can't edit that column.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  23. Celebeast

Celebeast

I have a long-term non shiny charm MM project going, I thought I may as well share my results. I will add myself to the spreadsheet today.

So Vivillion, huh? I got it into my head that I'd quite like to have all of the shiny forms as well as the regular ones. I discovered that by resetting a game with the available region settings of a European 3DS I have access to 14 of the 18 Vivillion patterns. So I have been resetting my Y with different region settings, playing up until I get the bike in Cyllage, then going back to the breeding centre and trading with my X for the parents (JPN 4IV male Vivillion@Destiny Knot and an ENG 5/6IV modest female Vivillion@Everstone with a good pok├ęball) and MMing until I get a shiny Scatterbug.

Because I do not have access to the central part of Lumiose City, I hatch the eggs as I go with a Flame Body Fletchinder in-party, collecting new ones and depositing hatched ones as needed. When I get a shiny, I take the parents out and hatch any eggs that are left over and trade the parents and the shiny back to X. I can't pledge any numbers but I can update with my results if that's OK.

Running Total:
    Archipelago - 87th egg
    Monsoon - 1079th egg
    Tundra - 2615th egg
    Polar - 4180 and counting...
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  24. KingHeracrossTheBug

KingHeracrossTheBug

Since I need +250 Pokemon to finish the Dex I'll contribute. The parents are Ditto from Japanese BW and Charizard from Spanish BW. I pledge to breed 1000 eggs, after I finish my current project.
    EDIT: I forgot to memtion that I use Everstone on Ditto amd Destiny Knot on Charizard. I will do 10 batches (100 eggs each) and I will tip 1000 to the camera guy on Route 7.

Well, that was shorter than expected.

Batch 1: 0/100 shinies
    Batch 2: 0/100 shinies
    Batch 3: 0/100 shinies
    Batch 4: 0/100 shinies
    Batch 5: 0/100 shinies
    Batch 6: 0/100 shinies
    Batch 7: 0/100 shinies
    Batch 8: 0/100 shinies
    Batch 9: 1/100 shinies Egg #817 was shiny
    Batch 10: 0/100 shinies

That equals 1/1000 shinies

Also fuck tipping. It slows down the egg rate. You guys'll have to wait till I get the oval charm before I ever get back to this post
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  25. Empoleon_master

Empoleon_master

I hope this helps.
    I'm being generously low here but.

150 eggs from an english magnimite and foriegn dittos no shinies, ever.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)