Mat vs Ranger in a battle of the fighting-types!

<Primeape> [Steve] (Male)
Nature: Jolly (+14% accuracy)

Type: Fighting
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions on Circle Throw, Seismic Toss, Sky Drop, Storm Throw, Submission, and Vital Throw. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

About: He was the very first pokemon Matt obtained and quickly became best friends after Matt selfishlessly risked his life against a pack of wild Houndour. Steve is extremely strong, determined, honored and relatively docile Primeape, only feeling trully alive during a battle with a worth opponent, he cares very much about his trainer and team mates.

Abilities:
Vital Spirit : (Innate)

This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action. If a Pokemon with Vital Spirit also has Insomnia, its evasion is raised by one (1) stage permanently.

Anger Point: (Innate)
When struck with a critical hit, this Pokemon becomes enraged and its Attack rises to maximum (Stage 6). However, its Attack will drop up to two (2) stages at the end of each round instead of one (1) stage until it reaches stage zero (0).

Defiant (DW UNLOCKED): (Innate)
The Pokemon has a deep sense of honor, and whenever one of its stats are decreased by an opponent's Attack or Ability, it's Attack increases by two (2) stages. Attack Boosts gained this way are not subject to deterioration that round.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 110 (95 * 1,15)
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3

EC: 6/6
MC: 0
DC: 5/5

Attacks:

Covet(*)
Scratch(*)
Low Kick(*)
Leer(*)
Focus Energy(*)
Fury Swipes(*)
Karate Chop(*)
Seismic Toss(*)
Screech(*)
Assurance(*)
Fling
Cross Chop

Close Combat(*)
Reversal(*)
Encore(*)
Counter
Substitute
Return
Punishment
Earthquake
Smack-Down
Foresight
Bulldoze
Taunt

Dig(*)
Acrobatics(*)
Rock Slide(*)
Thunder-Punch
Endure
Ice Punch
Seed-Bomb
Fire Punch
Focus-Punch
Bide
MrcRanger97 said:

Revenankh* (Hoenhiem) (M)
Nature: Rash (+1 SpA, -1 SpD)
Type: Ghost/Fighting
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities:
Shed Skin: (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Air Lock: (Innate) This Pokemon releases immense barometric pressure, clearing the weather in the arena and preventing the effect of weather moves and abilities from taking place.
Infiltrator (DW): (Innate) Through a combination of speed and cunning, this Pokemon easily circumvents the effects of Light Screen, Mist, Reflect, and Safeguard with all of its attacks.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 4
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 3 (-)
Spe: 65
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 20

MC: 0
DC: 5/5

Attacks:

Wrap
Bide
Sand Tomb
Wring Out
Rock Tomb
Arm Thrust
Mean Look
Glare
Shadow Punch
Hammer Arm
Moonlight
Punishment

Destiny Bond
Drain Punch
Counter
Wide Guard

Pain Split
Ice Punch

Shadow Ball
Earthquake
Brick Break
Rock Slide
Protect
Taunt
Rules:
1 vs 1 FE
Training Items
ASB Arena
All abilites
2 Recovers, 5 Chills
Switch = Ok
2 Subs

Mat equips
Ranger equips and orders
Mat orders
I ref

No items to speak of.
Hoenheim, lets get it!
Brick Break-->Earthquake-->Brick Break
If bide a1, counter a3.
If Counter, Shadow Ball and push actions down

I'm sorry, I realize that I'm a little late (not technically, but whatever), but I can't ref this until tomorrow. I'm really sorry, our school musical is opening this week, and I've been crazy busy between that and homework. I apologize!

Oh shit, sorry! Forgot yesterday. Anyway:

Matezoide:

Steve
Exp. Share
Energy: 100
Speed: 110

MrcRanger97:

Hoenhiem
HP:100
Energy: 100
Speed: 65

May or may not get to flavor later; sorry, barely even had time to do calcs.

Action 1:
Steve: Dig: Steve dug underground!
Hoenhiem: Brick Break: Steve was underground! The attack missed! [6 energy]
Steve: Dig: 8294/10000 crit? nope [(8+6-4.5) x 1] 9.5 damage. [10 energy]

Action 2:
Steve: Substitute: Steve created a 15 HP substitute! 15 damage. [12 energy]
Hoenhiem: Earthquake: 2310/10000 crit? nope [(10+6-3) x 1] 13 damage. The substitute took the damage! [7 energy]

Action 3:
Steve: Dig: Steve dug underground!
Hoenhiem: Brick Break: Steve was underground! The attack missed! [6 energy]
Steve: Dig: 4658/10000 crit? nope [(8+6-4.5) x 1] 9.5 damage. [10 energy]​

Matezoide:

Steve
Exp. Share
HP: 85
Energy: 68
Speed: 110

MrcRanger97:

Hoenhiem
HP:81
Energy: 81
Speed: 65

Mat orders
Ranger orders
I ref

Primeape should still have the Sub and 85 HP :P

Fling -> Acrobatics -> Focus Energy

If Counter, Encore it on your next actionand push back.
If Drain Punch, Dig and push-back.

I may or may not get this done later tonight, but I can't do it right now. I'm really sorry, but I have homework and the some other stuff that I need to do. But tomorrow is my school's last day before Thanksgiving break, so even if I do have homework I can push it back a little. I will not be home Thursday-Sunday, however, so I won't be able to ref the next round until Monday. So expect this reffed tomorrow! (sowwy)

I'll be getting this up later today or early tommorow guys; I've got Thanksgiving dinner at my house tonight so I hope you understand.

Steve
HP: 85
Energy: 68

Hoenhiem
HP: 81
Energy: 81

Action 1
Steve used Fling!
Steve flung its Exp. Share!
Hit: Irrelevant
Crit: 700=No
7+6-4.5=8.5 Damage!
3.5 Energy!

Hoenhiem used Arm Thrust!
Number of Hits: 690=3 Hits!
Crit (Hit 1): 911=No
Crit (Hit 2): 23=Yes!
Crit (Hit 3): 231=No
2+3+6-3=8 Damage!
Steve's Substitute fainted!
2+3+3+6-3=11 Damage!
2+3+6-3=8 Damage!
4 Energy

Action 2
Steve used Acrobatics!
Crit: 362=No
(11+6+10.5-4.5)1.5=29.25 Damage!
7 Energy

Hoenhiem used Counter!
Crit: Irrelevant
(18.75)1.5=43.875 Damage!
27.9375 Energy

Action 3
Hoenhiem used Protect!

Steve used Encore!
Hoenhiem protected itself!
10 Energy

7 Energy Hoenhiem

WHAT!!! NO FLAVOR!?!?!?! IMPOSSIBUR!!! Well anyways, this is certainly a very interesting round. The action starts with Steve doing as Primapes do and flinging his things around angrily, hitting Hoenhiem in the head with an Exp. Share. Hoenhiem won't take any of that though, and thrusts forwards with his arm, crushing the cuddly substitute, and then hitting Steve right on his big red nose and causing some extra-intense pain! As if to add insult to injury, Hoenhiem strikes Steve once more, with the entire attack amounting to some pretty impressive damage... but wait. What's this? Oh crap, that critical hit was the straw that broke the Camerupt's back, and Steve erupts into anger-fueled power, leaping acrobatically through the air and striking Hoenhiem hard as he lands for some serious damage. Hoenhiem is ready for this though, and counters the technique, doing even more damage to Steve. Finally, Hoenhiem, tired of the massive brawl action 2, throws up a protective barrier as Steve tries to applaud him for his expert tactics.

Steve
HP: 16
Energy: 47

Hoenhiem
HP: 43
Energy: 42

There were a few mistakes.

1) Stage boosters are only accounted at the end, so the calculation should have been (11 + 1,5)*1,5 + 10,5 = 29,25 damage

2) I asked around on IRC and if an attack in a multi-hit move destroys a sub, it can still harm the pokemon.

In this case, the Sub had 2 HP and the first strike did 8 damage, so Primeape loses 6 HP.

OSHIT MONKEY IS ANGRY!
Brick Break*3
if Endure, use Sand Tomb that action, but not twice in a row.
If Dig, Counter and push actions back.

I....will.....not......yeld!

Encore -> Substitute (15) -> Acrobatics combo

If IRC guys lied and i cant Encore the Protect, change actions to Acrobatics combo -> Cooldown (Acrobatics) -> Acrobatics

This should KO both of us. weeeeeeeee.

Steve
HP: 16
Energy: 47

Hoenhiem
HP: 43
Energy: 42

Action 1
Steve used Encore!
The foe's Protect was Encored!
14 Energy

Hoenhiem used Protect!
It failed!
7 Energy

Action 2
Hoenhiem used Protect!
It failed!
7 Energy

Steve used Substitute (15HP)!
Steve created a Substitute!
12 Energy

Action 3
Hoenhiem used Brick Break!
Crit: 711=No
8+3+6-3=14 Damage!
6 Energy

Steve used Ninja Sky Leap of DOOOOOMMMMMM!!! (Acrobatics+Acrobatics)
Crit: 146
(24.75+6-4.5)1.5+7=46.375 Damage!
31.5 Energy!

Hoenhiem fainted!
Steve fainted from exhaustion!

Annndddd we're back! The round starts out with the tricky monkey taking a brake from all his rage and once again applauding Hoenhiem for his excellent tactics last round. However, it's Steve who'll be pulling the pranks this time, as Hoenhiem's hubris causes him to throw up another Protective, albeit fruitless barrier. Then, as if it would do anything, Hoenhiem uses Protect yet again, and it fails again, but while Hoenhiem tries to create magical walls, Steve creates another plushy doll to protect him from further acts of violence. Hoenhiem, snapping out of his disillusioned Protect spam, sends a mighty chop towards Steve's substitute, which clings on by barely. Then suddenly, Steve throws aside his Substitute in a last ditch effort to deal damage, leaping high into the air and striking Hoenhiem for some mighty damage, KOing him effortlessly. However, the energy it took to leap so high causes Steve to collapse, unconscious.

Steve
HP: DX
Energy: DX

Hoenhiem
HP: DX
Energy: DX

Rewards:
It's a tie! Both players get 2 CC!
Steve the Primeape gets 4 MC and a KOC!
Hoenhiem the Revenankh gets 3 MC and a KOC!

I get 2x(2/3)=1.3>1 UC!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)