Match Over! Cartoons! vs TotalPotato (ref: Limewire)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
MATCH OVER

2v2 Singles
2 day DQ
1 Recover/3 Chills
Switch = KO
One ability
No items

Arena:
The main Pokemon exhibit at the natural science museum. A large room with stuffed Pokemon posed in their natural habitats. Among the dioramas are displays of the trainers' Pokemon in taxidermy form, usually 2 or 3 per set. Other Pokemon on display are stuffed Ferrothorns, ancient giant Sharpedo teeth, and an Aerodactyl hanging from the ceiling.
Cartoons! will send out his Pokemon first and select the ability. TotalPotato will follow suit and issue his 3 actions. Cartoons! will then issue his 3 actions, and the round will begin.

GO GO GO!

Get ready, Peekay! Feel the anger within!

Mankey(*) [Peekay] (M)
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Anger Point

Let's begin with a swift Karate Chop. Then Bulk Up, and finish with another Karate Chop!

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Cartoons sends out Zigzagoon while TotalPotato sends out a Mankey! Let's examine our two battlers before the round begins, shall we?

Zigzagoon
[Passpartou] (Female) *
Nature: Jolly (Adds 15% to Speed, Subtracts * from Special Attack)

Type: Normal
Normal STAB; Bite, Claw Sharpen, Crunch, Dig, Double Kick, Hammer Arm, Iron Tail, Rain Dance, Rock Smash, Shadow Claw, Sunny Day, Wild Charge have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Pick Up: This Pokemon has a natural habit of collecting items. Whenever a hold item (it's own or an opponents) is used or knocked onto the ground with a move like Knock Off, this Pokemon will immediately pick up that item without using an action. It can also grab dropped or naturally occuring hold items in arenas.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: **
Def: **
SpA: *(-)
SpD: **
Spe: 69 (+)

Mankey
(*) [Peekay] (M)
Nature: Adamant (adds * to Atk, subtracts * from SpA)

Type:
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves, Meditate and Cheer Up have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Ability:
Anger Point: (Innate) When struck with a critical hit, this Pokemon becomes enraged and its Attack rises to maximum (Stage 6). However, its Attack will drop up to two (2) stages at the end of each round instead of one (1) stage until it reaches stage zero (0).

Stats:
Atk: ****(+)
SpA: *(-)
Spe: 70

Alright, now to the actual action! Peekay is a fraction faster than Passpartou and starts off with a Karate Chop. Passpartou meets the attack head-on (pun intended) with a Headbutt. She takes some damage from the collision but is otherwise okay. Next, Peekay flexes off his awesome pecs by Bulking Up and raising his stats. Passpartou, however, Tickles him silly with her tail and negates the boosts. Slightly ticked off (not to mention embarrassed), the primate hits Passpartou with a Karate Chop. The attack appears to be a critical hit, because it sends the poor raccoon flying across the museum. A somewhat dizzy Passpartou retaliates by slapping mud- wait a minute, there's no mud on the museum floor, so how did she........ oh, gross. The "mud" will make it hard for the monkey to see for the next round.

END TURN:

Passpartou:

HP: 66
SpA: *
Spe: 69
Energy: 88%

Peekay:

HP: 84
Atk: ****
Energy: 90%

Drops: -1 accuracy

Passpartou is 5 feet in front of a rather spiky model of a Ferrothorn. Peekay is 10 feet in front of her, rubbing his eyes. There is a statue of an Aerodactyl hanging above him. Cartoons!, make your move!

That's kind of gross, Passpartou. Let's try to avoid shenanigans like that in the future, k?

Stay where you are and Growl at Peekay.

If he comes close, Headbutt him, but if he'd kept his distance, launch a Pin Missile.

Finally, Headbutt, regardless of proximity. Mind the Ferrothorns though...try not to stay between the Mankey and them.

(btw, did we both start at 90 hp, or did headbutt+mudslap really do just 6 damage?)

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
(btw, did we both start at 90 hp, or did headbutt+mudslap really do just 6 damage?)
Peekay's Karate Chop negated any damage dealt by Headbutt, due to his higher attacking stat and being SE against Passpartou. The only move that dealt damage was Mud Slap.

Try to drown out that Growl with Screech, Peekay. If you successfully drown out the Growl so that you're not affected by it, use Bulk Up, but if the Growl does affect you, Focus Energy instead. Finish with Karate Chop!

Screech - Bulk Up/Focus Energy - Karate Chop

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Passpartou:

Energy: 88%

Peekay:

HP: 84

-1 Accuracy

Passpartou starts off by growling at Peekay, trying to scare him and lower his offense. Peekay, however, counter-attacks with an ear-shattering Screech that sharply drops her defense stat. Peekay quickly capitalizes on the situation with another Bulk Up. Passpartou, still dizzy, launches 5 Pin Missles at Peekay. Because she is dizzy, one missile completely misses its target while another one bounces off the wall and severs two of the 6 strings holding up the Aerodactyl statue. The remaining three hit Peekay right in his belly.

Unfortunately for Passpartou, one of them was a critical hit. Peekay does not like critical hits. Not at all. He huffs, and puffs, and his muscles expand, activating his Anger Point ability. Peekay is mad! He charges at Passpartou, arms wildly flailing and Karate Chopping the air. Luckily for the raccoon, Peekay's eyes are still blurry from the "mud" last round, so he misses. Passpartou takes advantage of this situation by using Headbutt, knocking him back.

END TURN:

Passpartou:

Def: ** (-1 Defense)
Energy: 77%

Peekay:

HP: 65
Atk: **** (+4 Attack)*
Def: ** (+1 Defense)
Energy: 75%

*attack boosts from Anger Point decreases by 2 stages every round, not one.

Peekay is adjacent to a model of a Nattorei. Passpartou is 7 feet in front of him. The Areodactyl statue, 3 feet behind her, sways. TotalPotato, your move!

Did Peekay really take that much damage from 3 not very effective Pin Missiles and a Headbutt at +1 Defence?

Well, I guess I shouldn't complain too much. Peekay, inflict some massive damage with Close Combat, then deliver a Karate Chop! If you hit with both attacks, finish with Acrobatics, but if one of your attacks misses, use Karate Chop again!

Close Combat - Karate Chop - Acrobatics/Karate Chop

I am so scared!

Passpartou, this may be the end for you unless you get this just right.

Peekay is going to be heading straight at you so turn tail and flee a few feet back.

Now take careful aim, as if your life depended on it, and Pin Missile the remaining strings holding up the Aerodactyl. If some miss, or you're not able to take out all of them in one hit, Pin Missile again. Do your best to time it so the monster drops as Peekay is just under it, though I understand how such things might be difficult to time when you have a raging monkey trying to you skin alive.

If the first set of Pin Missiles managed to drop the Aerodactyl, Odor Sleuth to locate the Zigazagoon exhibit.

flee
Pin Missile
Pin Missile/Odor Sleuth

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Wait wait, I forgot that Pin Missle was a Bug-type move instead of a Normal-type. Peekay should have 75 HP now. my bad >_<

Passpartou:
Def: ** (-1 Defense)
Energy: 77%

Peekay:
HP: 75
Atk: **** (+4 Attack)
Def: ** (+1 Defense)
Energy: 75%

Oh boy, things do not look so well for Cartoons! and his Passpartou! Peekay starts off by jabbing his fists at Passpartou by using Close Combat. The raccoon, terrified, runs as fast as her little legs can carry. After chasing her three times across the museum, Peekay's fists start to hurt, and he calls off the attack. Passpartou takes advantage of this oppertunity to fire off 3 Pin Missles at the Aerodactyl model. The pins severe all but one string, which is quickly starting to stretch and break. Unfortunately, Peekay snuck up behind her and swiftly deals a powerful Karate Chop for massive damage. The primate can't smile for long, though, because the Aerodactyl exhibit comes crashing down on it, dealing 15 points of damage. Peekay is forced to use Acrobat to escape, while Passpartou used Oder Sleuth to find the location of the Zigzagoon exhibit. She learns that it is 40 feet to the right of her. Can she make it there in time?

END TURN:

Passpartou:

HP: 42
Energy: 67%

Peekay:

HP: 60
Atk: **** (+2 Attack)
Energy: 59%

Peekay is on top of the remains of the Aerodactyl sculpture, which is in the middle of the room. Passpartou is in front of him, 5 feet away from the exit and 40 feet away from the Zigzagoon exhibit.

Cartoons!, go! Both players should remember that, by the next round, Peekay's Attack boost will drop to zero.

This is going to be rough, Passpartou, the best we can do is try to soften it up. Headbutt and Headbutt, and finish off with another...ugh...Mud Slap.

If it tries to Bulk Up again, Tickle instead.

Give it another Close Combat while you still can! Then Bulk Up to bait that Tickle, and end Passpartou with a stylish display of Acrobatics!

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
This is going to be extremely painful to watch.

Passpartou:
Energy: 67%

Peekay:
HP: 60
Atk: **** (+2 Attack)
Energy: 59%

Passpartou attempts to ram Peekay with a Headbutt, who responds to the attack with a brutal Close Combat. The defense drop makes Peekay recoil a little, but that is nothing compared to the devastating blows he deals to Passpartou. Peekay then attempts to use Bulk Up to finish her off and deal with the next Pokemon Cartoons! sends out, but Passpartou negates this by using Tickle. Slightly ticked off, Peekay stops fooling around and almost finishes off the Zigzagoon with his awesome Acrobatic skills. Passpartou, on the verge of fainting, manages to fire off another, erm, "Mud Slap" at the primate before collapsing on the ground. Meanwhile, Peekay has finally calmed down ever since being critically hit by Pin Missile a few rounds ago.

END TURN:

Passpartou:

HP: 2
Energy: 53%

Peekay:

Energy: 39%

Drops: -1 Accuracy

Peekay and Passpartou are face-to-face, with the Zigzagoon panting on the floor. TotalPotato, go!

On the off chance Peekay happens to miss you, Passpartou, use your remaining strength to Headbutt to the finish. Brave Zigzagoon, I'll donate you to the museum instead of keeping you as featherduster as I did your mother, Passpartou I.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Peekay knocks Passpartou unconscious with........... a scratch? Well, I've seen worse.

END TURN:

Passpartou:

HP: 0
Energy: 53%

Peekay:

Energy: 37%

Drops: -1 Accuracy for the next 2 actions (I think)

Alright Cartoons!, send out your next Pokemon. After that, TotalPotato will issue his/her 3 actions.

Peekay, I don't think your Rock Slide will work in here, otherwise I'd totally get you to use it.

Start off with Seismic Toss - try to throw Handsome towards something sharp and pointy, like one of those stuffed Ferrothorn. Follow up with Fury Swipes, then Seismic Toss into another (or the same) pointy thing!

Seismic Toss - Fury Swipes - Seismic Toss

Pointy things!? I was going to be gentle, but your intentions are violent!

Breezi, open up your chute and blow away the monkey into even POINTIER things with a Whirlwind.

Then keep it grounded and pelt it with Gusts.

If it gets even remotely close, Tailwind your way up to the ceiling.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Oh my! It appears that Peekay has a serious disadvantage against Handsome the Breezi. Can it even get close enough to attack it?

Peekay starts things off by grabbing Handsome and throwing it against something pointy with a Seismic Toss. Unfortunately, the attack barely does anything against the light, floating Pokemon, who retaliates with a nasty Whirlwind, crashing Peekay against one of the glass boxes. Peekay attempts to counter-attack with Fury Swipes, but Handsome keeps it grounded with a powerful Gust. The monkey, pissed off now, attempts again with Seismic Toss, but nope. Handsome blasts it away with another Gust. Can Peekay find a way to overcome Handsome's powerful winds?

END TURN:

Handsome:

SpA: ***
Spe: 85

Peekay:

HP: 15
Energy: 23%

Handsome is gently floating in the air. Peekay is at the right of the room, with broken glass shards around him. Cartoons!, go!

Hold on. Did the Seismic Toss miss, or did flinging Handsome into a sharp, pointy object do no damage whatsoever?

(Also, it's too late to do anything about it now, but I'm not sure why I ordered first last round)

Time to bag the trash, Handsome.

Take advantage of the broken glass and whip up another Gust around Peekay.

Make the cuts worse with a Razor Wind, then, if there's any Mankey left, finish it off with a Gust.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hold on. Did the Seismic Toss miss, or did flinging Handsome into a sharp, pointy object do no damage whatsoever?

(Also, it's too late to do anything about it now, but I'm not sure why I ordered first last round)
Seismic Toss did hit, but Breezi is pretty damn light and floated towards something sharp instead of being flung, so he took no damage whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)