*MATCH OVER* Kaxtar vs. Tortferngatr (Ref: Acklow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last round went as well as could be expected, great job Fire Moth. Lets finish this thing up!!!

Begin with a U-turn, using it to dodge Float's attack and him hit from behind. Next, use a Zen headbutt to finish off Float. If he's somehow still standing by the third action, use a final U-Turn. If he's down, use a Morning Sun to replenish a little bit of HP. If it any time he uses Detect, use a Morning Sun.

"Observe what he does-Detect if he decides to attack, use Larvesta's heat against him if he uses Morning Sun and Scald the bug. Launch Muddy Water directly into his Zen Headbutt, meeting his attack with extra force-then Scald the bug again."

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.

Larvesta [Fire Moth] Female
Nature: Rash
Health: 49
Energy: 57%
Boosts: -1 Accuracy
Other: None

Plicowatt [Float] Female
Nature: Lonely
Health: 24
Energy: 51%
Boosts: None

Begin Round 8!

And so another round of the Pokemon battle between Kaxtar and Tortferngatr continues. The snow is starting to pile up as the hard torrent of hail continues to fall upon the field of battle. With both trainers being relentless in their battling techniques, this match will certainly be an interesting one!

The round starts off with Fire Moth speeding past Float, and then U-Turning in order to slam into Float. Float, Detecting that an attack is pending, attempts to protect itself.

Following this attack, Float attempts to create another batch of Muddy Water. Float fires whatever she could gather at Fire Moth, but the attack misses! Determined to win this battle, Fire Moth begins focusing her willpower. In fact, her willpower is so focused, that Fire Moth unleashes a Zen Headbutt, hitting Float square in the head!

After being hit with a nasty headbutt, Float realizes that its time is about to end. Using what last energy it could muster, the poor little Plicowatt melts all of the ice around it and begins to heat it to boiling point. In fact, it heats it so much so that after firing a large quantity at Fire Moth, it Scalds Fire Moth! Fire Moth takes the hit, but sees that it has a chance to win. It U-turns straight into Float, knocking the poor sucker out.

Because Tortferngatr is left with one Pokemon, I will have him send Frostbite the Snover out. This should make things a little easier for you to continue the battle.

End Round 8

Field Effects:

Hail precipitation is still falling harshly upon all Pokemon in this battle.​

Energy: 35%

Snover [Frostbite] Male
Nature: Relaxed
Health: 20
Energy: 64%

Tortferngatr, you're up first!

"Well, you did a good job, Float. Frostbite, I don't think we can win this any other way, so Grasswhistle until it hits, then Skull Bash, then finish the match with a Blizzard. You can do it-I know you can."

Grasswhistle until the move hits, then with the remaining turnslots Skull Bash and Blizzard.

Dive in the snow first to avoid hearing the grass whistle, then pop out and hit him with a fire blast while he is charging the skull bash. This should finish him, but if not, faint him with another Fire Blast. Great job Fire Moth, lets win this thing!

Acklow

Energy: 35%

Snover [Frostbite] Male
Nature: Relaxed
Health: 20
Energy: 64%

Begin Round 9!

This is the final round of the battle between Kaxtar and Tortferngatr. This long, drawn out battle has proven that even when you have two Pokemon who share a x4 weakness to a single type, you can still fight back. Before I get into this round, I want to thank both Kaxtar and Tortferngatr for letting me ref this match. This is the first match that I officially reffed and finished reffing. It was a lot of fun, and I learned quite a bit. Anyways, onto the round!

Fire Moth starts the match off by diving into the snow. It begins digging its way towards Frostbite. Frostbite, however hasn't given up. It begins blowing its Grasswhistle in an attempt to put Fire Moth to bed. Is the diversion successful in lulling the fiery insect into a coma? Unfortunately, it is not enough, as the sound of the music is too faint for Fire Moth to hear.

Frostbite has gotten quite uneasy. It knows that its impending doom is nearing, but doesn't want to give up without a fight. Just as it begins to blow into its Grasswhistle again, Fire Moth suddenly pops out of the snow and shoots a Fire Blast straight into Frostbite's mouth!!! The sheer force of the attack blows Frostbite into the side of a large boulder, knocking it unconscious. Frostbite is unable to complete the battle and therefore, Kaxtar wins the match by elimination.

End Round 9

Kaxtar Wins!

Congratulations Kaxtar!

Alright, now for the rewards we all have been waiting for. =)

For Kaxtar, the Winner:
-2 Trainer Counters.
-Magic Shrimp the Plicowatt receives 1 of each counter in addition to 1 KO Counter.
-Fire Moth the Larvesta receives 1 of each counter in addition to 2 KO Counters.
-Aura Beast the Riolu receives 1 of each counter.

For Tortferngatr, the Loser:
-2 Trainer Counters.
-Freeze the Syclant receives 1 of each counter in addition to 1 KO Counter.
-Float the Plicowatt receives 1 of each counter in addition to 1 KO Counter.
-Frostbite the Snover receives 1 of each counter.

For Me, the Referee:
-3 Ref Tokens for Reffing a 3v3 Single match.

awesome battle both of you, and thanks for reffing Acklow. Hopefully re can have a rematch Tortferngatr, this was a really really close battle.

Indeed-I would like to rematch later, and thanks for reffing! I also learned that while you can still fight back against 2 4x weaknesses, it still isn't the best idea to do so without backup resists-I'll keep that in mind while spending the Trainer Counters.

(*starts looking for a good Flash Fire Pokemon*)

Acklow

Yeah, might need to look into that.

I think that another lesson to be learned here is to use the actual stats of the Pokemon when making calcs. ;)

Oh, and that having a good eye for detail helps a TON.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)