NOC Matrix 12 NOC - Game Over, Mafia Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
uh there is, or at least a line limit, the game listing has to be broken up into multiple posts

i want to say smth like 10,000 chars or words but idr

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
iunno like josh HARD townreads texas off of "some smoke signals" that only they understand but any of us could have picked up on but literally no one not even asek did bc it's some ms hieroglyphics

and said smoke signal turns out to be that the mafia strongman is the jailkeeper

hello-o-ooooooooooo

Town read on asek for good content
Town read on hawkie for bad content
Scum read on former hope for bad content

Lynch haruno because fuck haruno and I said I'd sub out if he was in a noc again
The above Texas post is pretty nonsense. Like there's nothing remotely helpful in what he's said. Maybe I will switch my vote.
Funny to call that nonsense when there's at least one person who got a strong town read on me because of it
Right so. There's one or two people in this game who know my meta better than I do. There's one or two people in this game who know that my first post is the kind of post I have never made as scum. It's important for me to signal to them my alignment immediately, for multiple reasons.

My reads are legitimate, however.

This post indicates to me that asek has gone over the ruleset in detail (much more likely from town than scum) and has noticed a quirk of the rules that is beneficial to town (one that's easy to miss - I missed it), and is advocating a towny strategy (throwing votes liberally=tangible interactions with people=discussion points and info to match behaviour with throughout the game).

The rest of his posts are also tonally town.

[insert my post calling out jalmont for bs asek lynch]

This is a scummy post. This is not the post scum make. This is the post inexperienced town make (i.e. Hawkie). The rest of his posts match inexperienced town tones.

This reads as intentional misrepresentation of an obvious joke post, as someone attempting to cast shade quickly. It could be a pressure post and I always scum read former so this read is not as coherent as the other two.

Jalmont, how would you describe your approach this game as compared to your past noc behaviour? Do you feel you're playing a more aggro game or the same?

Haruno if you can promise me you'll try to work with town in this game I'll unvote you, I'm really tired to wading through mudslinging in nocs

Walrein, you've had the most interactions with people so far. Where do your reads stand? Is there anything you've noticed that has made you feel a certain way to a degree greater than 70% (your stated max confidence level) even if something else later changed that feeling?
Hawkie: we're lynching Jalmont then Josh the town Vigilante will shoot Blazade because they are both scum

followed by

Hawkie: and of course obviously i hard scumread Blazade & Jalmont
What part of this reads as a joke post Texas Cloverleaf because I don't see any joking around here, he makes a claim that those two players are scum and follows up with it a few posts later, instead of a joke one post and abandoning the next or something that would imply he's not serious about it. Which is why I would be inclined to take his knowledge as a nooby scumslip potentially, or in a role where he's had a chance to figure out the matrix we're on.

I mean, okay, the josh = vig part is strange, but I still don't get the sense he's joking from those posts.
"and of course obviously i hard scumread Blazade & Jalmont" was tagged onto the end of a reads post where i gave reasoning for every other read. u do the math
and can i just REITERATE that my post lynching Jalmont was trying to encourage further activity from him. of course im going to use a bullshit reason. duh
I don't see how that's relevant when trying to prove that you weren't just offhandedly joking about wanting to eliminate blazade and jalmont.
... u still dont get it
okay unvote, vote hawkie

Your backpedaling a ton after being called out on this, so please, feel free to go more into detail about this because I'm not buying your current excuses and useless subject baiting.
I don't think he's backpedaling
these 3 tho

Haruno thinks that the only type of "not retarded" discussion is setup speculation which is just not true.

Texas (apparently) believes that his first post was meta enough that there's "one or two people" who "know" he only makes a post like that when he's town and that someone in this game has a strong town read on him as a result. wtf.

Don't really agree with paper regarding town reads: certainly it's better than doing nothing, but it's also a great way to avoid looking lazy. Giving scum reads is much better in terms of forcing people to take stands on otheers that they have to back up.

unvote vote texas can't get over how weird those two posts are lol...

Couple quick notes before I catch up

Scum lean on hitmonleet, his post was empty and super easy to make as scum

Josh is playing to his meta. Not a meta seen on smogon, but his meta. Unfortunately he plays the same meta as either alignment so meta reads don't help much

Paperblade I feel like the reasons for the things I said should be clear? Town have a greater incentive to read the rules closely to make sure they know what's going on and to know set ups and what have you. Scum already tend to know a number of things from their roles and have more incentive to coast if they can be filled in by their scumbuddies. Asek doing so increases the probability he breaks town. Then he goes further and identifies a small rule change and advocates a non obvious voting strategy based on that beneficial to town. Why would scum!asek want to identify something that works against his team? Most likely, he doesn't

Idk why my buddying hawkie is surprising, he's a town read being pushed by a scum read, I don't want him lynched today

you know you have a scumchat you can talk to your teammates in right?
Did your teammates coach you to that post?
unvote vote texas

Hawkie: really don't like how jalmont/texas just slung POV confirmation bias at each other, inclined to believe 1 is scum. Jalmont > Texas since all Texas did was reply

"pov confirmation bias"
unvote i actually didn't mean to vote texas, i was going to but i appreciate his ability to banter with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)