1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

NOC Matrix 12 NOC - Game Over, Mafia Wins

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by Thetwinmasters, May 4, 2017.

1. Yeti

Yeti queen of unclesam's village
    is a Community Contributor

anyway empoof you have a point i am getting p flamy its just annoying to have subbed into a shady slot and then get scumread for doing my usual stuff. i normally never sub into nocs so i get to establish my slot from the get-go but this one has subbed twice. the point in the game when i subbed in with a scumread onto josh and texas as an observer let them both immediately latch onto "you're scumreading actives! you're scum!" whereas if i had been in the game earlier to point out as the game was going on what i disliked about their posts, there would be no artificial "you only scumread actives" (i mean they do have the most posts when you're skimming to read from??) to accuse me of. i also would BE one of them.

here is the post in question from texas:
    "Yeti your justification for your reads on sub in were garbage, you made a progression during the point that you town read me that looked towby and then you made a series of posts that reek to me of scum motivation. Ergo."

everything after the progression from scum to town on him was back to scum sooooo.

i Really Really Extremely dislike his play today.

he dropped his vote on me then every 12 hours says "can we lynch yeti yet" but he gives nobody else any reason to vote me, except josh whose mouth is attached to his butt and is eating up everything that comes out rn.

he scumreads me, sure. but IF he is town why is he doing nothing to make a case for lynching me. he isnt trying to push anyone else to lynch off his scumread. he just parks his vote and then doesnt really interact with the rest of the game.

iso him and look at how many of his posts are in response to josh and me versus anyone else, or about anyone else. there are some but the majority are centered on one person hard townreading him and one who scumreads him (which is the less-common view).

he wouldnt oppose an ID lynch today. thats about all we get from him besides me. if he is so insistent on lynching me why isnt he trying to convince anyone else to?? like if i had subbed into the aubisio/dle slot instead, and he was doing this to the ullar slot, i would still take a huge issue with the fact he ISNT PUSHING HIS SCUMREAD.

"Vote yeti (i am not voting myself twin dont count this)

It'll take a lot to convince me to vote elsewhere today, fairly confident this is a scum motivated slot. Last scum in blazade or hawkie I think"

"Blazade has been really easy to push. Yes been away, no one has really bothered to defend him. Makes him an easy target supported by wagonomics. Hawkie also fits the wagonomics. I'm concerned that he's been mostly universally town read since early on day 1 and hasn't been subject to any kind of significant pressure. In particular, the only person whose even pushed the idea of null!hawkie is yeti which is especially concerning in the event she's scum as there's no doubt she's willing to set up situations where scum flips make her look more towny." ******

"Or or or or or

We lynch yeti"

"Still def want to lynch yeti but I don't think I'd oppose ID as vehemently as I did yesterday"

"I like how yeti thinks she knows how I'm playing

Also the secrety hinty things with josh aren't meta related whatsoever"

"So back to lynching yeti then"

"The irony of yeti asking people not to omgus"

im gonna be frank. you do suck. you suck at making a push, you suck at convincing people to vote with you, you suck at providing reasons.

i have copy/pasted every post texas has made about me today. i have starred the ONE where he provides any reason that he thinks i am scum and that might convince someone on the fence to vote me.

the funny thing is his reason is pretty contrary to my town-meta. of course i am trying to evolve my game but i was an extremely easy scumread in my early noc days BECAUSE i could not bus my partners. the only way to win popcorn was hard bussing every single person in the gd game, but even look back to blazade's weeb mafia and you can see where i had a reluctance to lynch one of my teammates to clean myself. i have a fairly numerically-oriented logic about such things and i feel its always more advantageous to not sacc your own teammate. so no, i would not set up a situation where my teammate flipping makes me look towny. its very hard for me to do that. i felt bad af pushing moody and fort as hard as i did in popcorn cause i knew moody was town and fort was trying but it was THE only way to win. i dont consider that true at all in a normal noc aside from the fact im not scum.

IF TEXAS IS TOWN I THINK HE IS TOTALLY UNHELPFUL. i say this as the slot hes voting. what is he doing to get anyone else to scumread me????????? NOTHING

NOT
    A
    GD
    THING

this will be called omgus BECAUSE he scumreads me but if this was anyone elses slot id have the same issue. knights parked his vote uselessly but at least gave a reason why he thought shubaka was scum. he made a case. texas does nothin. so i find his lack of drive and initiative in trying to ACTUALLY get me lynched makes him look like scum hoping a wagon onto me just sort of manifests on its own and then when i flip town he can claim it was the second and third guys who voted me who are the scum and they were just wagoning him and hes not responsible for this mislynch and blah blah cause he certainly cant use the claim im not interacting with ppl or trying to help town.

texas doesnt care about interacting with most other people today which also means he doesnt care about getting them to vote with him. chanting "lynch yeti ayy" with literally nothing else of substance in the post is NOT going to convince anyone who actually cares about this game and is trying.

like seriously it wouldnt be so bad and frustrating if he ACTUALLY TRIED TO CONVINCE PEOPLE but he doesnt. hes just this nagging little fly buzzing around my head. repeating "lynch yeti but i wont say why"

i have a tinfoil he's the jailkeeper and targeted me one night and thinks that has confirmed i am scum without considering empoof's bpv was broken that night OR the mafia actually tried to kill me. he doesnt want to claim obv so he just spits out "lynch yeti" every 12 hours hoping someone will. the sad thing is hes going to make himself look so much worse when i flip town and tell everyone to lynch him, if he is jk. i would hope our PR wouldnt actually fall into omgus.

ill try and keep the flame on the dl now im just rly annoyed with this retard push onto me that has no stated reasons. the guy first on the wagon isnt even trying to convince anyone to vote me. i see that as extremely unhelpful. if you scumread someone then make a flippin case or consider you might be wrong when nobody joins your wagon.

im also rly annoyed by that hawkie post. in the same post he says im scummy for trying too hard to get a townread under suspicion while knights is town for continuing to try under suspicion. like what?????????????? it doesnt make any gd sense and it seems more like hawkie needed to post Something with a reason so he put some crap that contradicts itself together without thinking about it too much. that said i still find his d1 fight with ullar super TvT in the way both got too hyperactive thinking they had CAUGHT A SCUM there. thats something towns do. not scum. scum dont have that High of lynchin the mafia theyve caught!!! town do so they tunnel and go ham.
  2. Yeti

calling me "too dangerous" to keep alive and "scum motivation" as the only motivation to scumread him is just like ??

he overestimates his own worth to town if he is town and thinks i would go out of my way to get rid of him as scum when ive just subbed into the game.

but he has established he sees me as a threat to him for whatever reason so even if this is TvT we cant coexist. i havent even tried to lynch him since d2 and hes still hyphy about it.

i dont feel its a very town mindset to consider any one person who just subbed in such a threat when they scumread you. his readshifts on me follow my readshifts on him (he starts scumreading ullar to be fair). thinking someone is 'dangerous' to you/town is more of a mafia mindset to me.

iunno i dont necessarily want to lynch texas today but i do think he has done absolutely nothing of value today and it pisses me off hes soooo suuuure of his scumread but takes zero initiative to push it. parking his vote and not really interacting with the rest of the wagons is not helping town.
  3. Josh

Josh =P
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
    Mafia Champion

I MEAN just a "hi gonna try and catchup now I'll post when I can" would be cool for the future, at least we got a sexy wall eventually =)
    anyways

I think the general consensus is id today. nobody else has got anywhere near as much outright focus.

me personally I think id is probably town and gives next to no info regardless of alignment (pancake is pretty much only relevant alignment that comes to mind). however, his play is rly infuriating and I will take his lynch if necessary
  4. Yeti

im probably gonna stick on id, im not certain enough on any other slot to try and move off him and mount a campaign this close to deadline [when i am another wagon]

i dislike that he said he would do more stuff once leet flipped and he hasnt done any of it. he def made that post on like d2 or d3 that hed find the rest of the scum or whatever once leet died. and we have seen nothin.

defeatist attitudes suck. i dislike mislynching town off of it though. his play is once again, bad but that does not have to equal scummy.

i would expect he does more as mafia to save himself?? rather than leaving his partner 10-1. but considering his MO since subbing in was parking on leet and saying he'll do more after leet flips, its to be expected as any alignment.
  5. Josh

Josh =P
    Mafia Champion

I'll put it this way

if this is all town id is capable of I don't expect much out of scum is so either way eh
  6. Josh

Josh =P
    Mafia Champion

Empoof did you feel knights general scumread on you was genuine
  7. LightWolf

LightWolf lightwoof
    is a Forum Moderator

I really have to go to sleep now so it shall be Vote IronicDouble

I look forward to actual relaxing(well not as hectic) scum hunting tomorrow. And I refuse to sub into games past day 2.
  8. Josh

Josh =P
    Mafia Champion

okay

vote id

IronicDouble (‽) if you're town don't just say "well I'm the biggest wagon gg friends <3", come and argue against your lynch. even beginners in the newbie queue who know literally nothing know enough to not roll over and die. if you're town, you were right on leet, come be right again.
    Hawkie likes this.
  9. Thetwinmasters

Thetwinmasters

Votecount
    Ironic Double (5): Fort Colorcastle, Hawkie, Yeti, Lightwolf, Josh L-2
    Asek (1): KnightsofCydonia
    KnightsofCydonia (1): Asek
    Lightwolf (1): Empoof
    Pancake (1): Moodycloud
    Texas Cloverleaf (1): Pancake
    Yeti (1): Texas Cloverleaf

Not Voting (1): Ironic Double
  10. Josh

Josh =P
    Mafia Champion

no counterwagon and nobody really arguing against the lynch even though 1 v 10 with a jk would be close to a guaranteed loss. nice.
  11. Empoof

Empoof

As far as #1976 goes
    Yeah at first. Tbh I couldn't tell wtf was up with knights while he was tunneling me because it was so fixated on one interaction

Part of why I claimed early was in hopes I'd be able to look at knights alignment after he stopped tunneling me but idk still :|
  12. Empoof

Empoof

There are at minimum 3 town who are voting ID

4Head
  13. Empoof

Empoof

KnightsofCydonia (1): Asek

distancing itg
  14. Yeti

if id is gonna flip scum his partner will stand out defending him tho.

besides me and id who would you vote today? im clearly not gonna vote myself as a counterwagon but who else do you think could be?
  15. Yeti

also the same thing was true of hitmonleet d3, no counterwagon and nobody fighting against it. asek and i were unsure on it and maaaybe moody argued against it but d3 had very little lynch conflict.
  16. Josh

Josh =P
    Mafia Champion

yes, but not defending him is basically suicide
  17. Empoof

Empoof

Okay I'm gonna iso ID and see how I feel glgl
  18. Josh

Josh =P
    Mafia Champion

3 scum vs 2 is a huge difference (scum weren't quite as bad off there) and leet had already barely escaped a lynch
  19. Josh

Josh =P
    Mafia Champion

I am not at all enthralled by pancake today and knights has sunk much lower. I would entertain a lynch on one of them maybe
    MoodyCloud likes this.
  20. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Josh I'm thinking yeti's reactions today are coming from town

Finding it amusing how pancake has been scum reading me consistently for the exact same two posts every time he posts reads
  21. Yeti

unvote
    vote knightsofcydonia

lets see what happens???
  22. Yeti

4 hours to deadline

hope moody and fort and hawkie et al check in for it!
  23. Thetwinmasters

Thetwinmasters

Votecount
    Ironic Double (4): Fort Colorcastle, Hawkie, Lightwolf, Josh L-3
    KnightsofCydonia (2): Asek, Yeti
    Lightwolf (1): Empoof
    Pancake (1): Moodycloud
    Texas Cloverleaf (1): Pancake
    Yeti (1): Texas Cloverleaf

Not Voting (1): Ironic Double
  24. Empoof

Empoof

ID has some strained reads on KoC early that might be partnery

I can't really tell alignment from the first page though it just feels somewhat stiff
  25. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I think knights is my preferred alternative to the ID wagon

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)