Mature Pokémon?

Stone RG

Megas are broke
I guess imma be the official advertiser for the manga from now on: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/pokemon_adventures/v01/c001/
I highly reccomend it, i wouldnt really qualify it as teen+ per se, but it is a serious manga (with some comedy herer and there ofc), it is, at least to me, not repetitive like the current anime, and they write really well every protagonist, and most villains.

As for a more mature version of an anime, id say id like for GF to do something along the lines of Full Metal Brotherhood with Pokemon Adventures, make the characters more mature and then shorten each arc, hell, most arcs in PokeSpecial can be shortened up to 10-15 chapters, and, since the protagonists change every arc, the watcher wouldnt feel like its one big story, but rather just some little (well written nonetheless) stories :]

Last edited:
To be honest this isn't really an idea I care about that much. The games are fin as they are; pokemon is already appealing to a wide audience.

If anything in pokemon needs to be more mature it's the anime. In the games the maturer group has stuff like cubone and hidden back-stories etc. that a lot of teens would even miss. The younger group has the baby pokemon (even though I like a lot of them). Everyone else has the rest of the pokemon and the linear story.

The anime? The anime has a kid, who gets a bunch of companions, has one of the cutest pokemon there is, catches the starters of the region, a bird, often a ground type, and then strives to be the pokemon master. It is the most kiddish thing not on TV not fully aimed at smaller children, I swear. It has no humor in it.
And the japanese episodes are better. The english dubs cut out any funny bits.
Anime would be so much better if it was just based on Pokemon Adventures manga, which is TOTALLY based on games, so it's kind of official as well. BTW the creator of Pokemon Adventures created this title because he was kind of sick of anime and it's audience limited technically ONLY to kids. Of course Pokemon Adventures is still classical shounen, but heck - characters (and Pokemon) actually DIE there (Ruby/Sapphire Saga) and their lives are in real danger in some moments. Can you imagine this in anime ? Yeah, exactly. Anime is the MAIN reason people actually look down on Pokemon, as games actually have some nice stories (and mangas of course), which younger kids won't understand (like Cubone story). In this era, where cartoons like Shrek or Toy Story are series for EVERYONE (adults, teenagers and kids will ALL find something for themselves, which make them kind of 'perfect' for everyone), I don't understand why Pokemon wouldn't turn this way.

And yeah - I would like to see situation where we actually don't know who the real villains are in Pokemon series unless we get really late in the games. If Team Rocket or Aqua or something similar are Pokemon versions of Criminal Organisations like Cosa Nostra, then it doesn't make sense then they walk in clothes which SCREAM they are from bad organisation. Can you even imagine Cosa Nostra member walking on street with clothes which reveal their identity ? Yeah, exactly :P.

Last edited:
And yeah - I would like to see situation where we actually don't know who the real villains are in Pokemon series unless we get really late in the games. If Team Rocket or Aqua or something similar are Pokemon versions of Criminal Organisations like Cosa Nostra, then it doesn't make sense then they walk in clothes which SCREAM they are from bad organisation. Can you even imagine Cosa Nostra member walking on street with clothes which reveal their identity ? Yeah, exactly :P.
At least Giovanni (for the most part), Cipher's main boss, and even N (though questionable as a bad guy) didn't brazenly wear their logos on their clothes :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)