Mawile

I agree with adding a baton pass set. It's really underrated, though niche. It also has a neat advantage of being immune to dragon tail. In its case, I'd take a Relaxed nature and a 0 speed IV. It can turn its slow speed into an advantage by letting your friend get in unharmed, similar to how probopass's volt switch works.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
offensive lum users like SD chomp are great partners to mawile I've found. You can "status lure" by aggressively switching into status users, and mawile countersl ike ROtom or Heatran and set up on them then force them to take the hit or let something else die

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 252 spe / 252 atk
Ability: Rough Skin
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Substitute / Stone Edge / Fire Fang

You can switch into Heatran for free, and on Rotom's volt switch. With Sub you can switch into will o wisps, then set up a sub as they try and burn again. Heatran cant break sub, and fishing for a miss on Rotom is a decent tactic (where is sand veil when I need it). Other will o wisp users dies about as easily. Haxorus thanks to mold breaker and typing is a bit better against Rotom, and scald users in geneal as well it murders unaware users which are stall staples, and they can be a bit annoying for Mawile.

I have a quick question, under Team Options it says Hippowdown is a physical wall that stops it, but:
+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 357-420 (85 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 357-420 (85 - 100%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
4 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 198-234 (72.2 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
It doesn't stop it whatsoever?

I ran mega-Mawile for a a good few hundred battles in-game. It's good, no doubt. It even managed to sweep four or five opponents on occasion.

Fire Fang was by far the best choice for the third attacking slot, and arguably even turned out to get more use than Rough Play or Sucker Punch, owing to the types of mon that others switched in. Substitute was better than Swords Dance.

But, in the end, it just wasn't great. M-Mawile relies too much on correct prediction, frankly, and is too predictable itself. Get the Sucker Punch wrong and you've wasted a move. Worse, you've wasted a move that somebody has switched a check in. And it's so slow. There are too many opponents it has a problem with. And even with Huge Power, it gets surprisingly few OHKOs. Fairy and Dark aren't supereffective enough. Fire Fang is only 65 base power. Finally, there are too few surprise sets. The opponent pretty much knows what you're running.

So I don't run M-Mawile any more.

Okay this analysis needs an update even though it is already finished. Knock Off should definitely get a slash on the main set since it works really well with the fact that Mawile forces so many switches (never thought I'd ever say that lol). SubPunch is also another interesting option that I think can be main set material due to punching holes into its usual switch ins such as Heatran and it has the bulk and typing to pull the set off very well.

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
updated with Knock Off

I still support an AC mention of BB over a dedicated Sub Punch set

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
An Adamant nature maximizes Mawile's damage output, while the Speed EVs let Mawile outpace Scizor, Azumarill, and Aegislash. If Brick Break or Knock Off is used, it's recommended to use an alternate EV spread of 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe to outpace uninvested Heatran.
Since Knock Off is a main slash, wouldn't it be a good idea to change the ev spread to the one suggested for use with Knock Off? If not, Min Speed non-Mega Scizor isn't overly relevant (and can't do much back to you anyway), and considering most non-BD Azumarill and Aegislash are slower than that benchmark, I think it would be a good idea to change the ev spread regardless. 92 evs is enough for min speed Ttar, which seems good (and ties with a lot of Azu and Aegi), but you could go faster too of course. Idk, 124 spe just seems inefficient.

CyclicCompound

is a bicycle person thing
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I know this is already done, but Jukain and I were talking about the first set. We'd like to see it changed to this:

Offensive
########
name: Offensive
move 1: Play Rough
move 2: Sucker Punch
move 3: Knock Off / Focus Punch
move 4: Swords Dance
ability: Intimidate
item: Mawilite
evs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
nature: Adamant

Focus Punch is just so good to abuse on the switch, it definitely needs to be in there. In most cases it's more rewarding than Substitute, which should be left to Moves. It actually OHKOs Skarmory if it tries to use Roost, and will OHKO Heatran and Ferrothorn on the switch as well. It strips away more than half of Scizor's health, preventing it from setting up at critical times, and Rotom-W will lost almost all of its health switching in. Although it requires some prediction to use, it's well worth it.

Also, remove Brick Break from OO, it's no longer needed when Focus Punch exists.

Hiya, just wondering why Togekiss is not mentioned in any of the teammates paragraphs, since it fits the bill perfectly, being able to tank special hits, spread paralysis and as an added bonus parry Earthquakes.

So I know the main set would be cluttered if it was added, but... is there any reason Fire Fang isn't mentioned? It helps a lot with Pokes like Skarm and Ferro.

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
I think the second set needs to be expanded upon or removed :/
Talk more about what physical attackers defensive megamaw actually handles
Terrakion:
252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Mawile: 177-208 (58.2 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Dnite:
252+ Atk Dragonite Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Mawile: 152-180 (50 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It handles some fighting types, like breloom and conk, but why use it over something like clefable?

Also, remove mention of Tyrantrum in Team options, pretty sure that thing was rejected an analysis.
Brick Break could go into OO. I think there needs to be a slight mention of ice fang in there too, just for catching lando-t on switch.
Talk more about fire fang in moves (or give it a slash), given how rampant ferro is right now. Mega Scizor, which is sort of a check, will definitely lose against fire fang.
Also helps with amoong, which is sorta getting popular.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)