Maxim vs. DEMo_Gorgon (Engineer subrefs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3v3 Singles
2 Day DQ
1 Substitution
1 Ability
No Items
Switching= OK
Arena: ASB Arena.

Doesn't look too difficult. So lets take a closer look at the Pokemon battling today

DEMo_Gorgon's Team

Monohm (M)
Modest (+1 SpA, -1 Atk)
Type: Electric/Dragon
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.
Dragon: Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Thrash without losing focus.

Static: (Innate) This pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this pokemon.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-1)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4 (+1)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 60
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Moves:
Tackle(*)
Growl(*)
Dragon Rage(*)
Thundershock(*)
Charge(*)
Rain Dance(*)
Twister(*)
Sonicboom(*)

Hydro Pump(*)
Power Gem(*)
Heal Bell(*)

Fire Blast(*)
Thunderbolt(*)
Thunderwave(*)

14 move total

Larvitar (M)
Brave (+1 Atk, Lowers Speed by a factor of 15%, Lowers Evasion by 10%)
Type: Rock/Ground
Rock: Rock STAB; reduce damage from all special attacks by two (2) Base Attack Power during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 6 per action Energy Cost to 5 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Guts: (Innate) This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 4 (+1)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2
Spe: 35 (41/1.15)
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 0/9

Moves:
Bite(*)
Leer(*)
Sandstorm(*)
Screech(*)
Chip Away(*)
Rock Slide(*)
Scary Face(*)
Thrash(*)

Pursuit(*)
Dragon Dance(*)
Stealth Rock(*)

Protect(*)
Toxic(*)
Substitute(*)

14 moves total

Slowpoke (F)
Bold (+1 Def, -1 Atk)
Type: Water/Psychic
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Own Tempo: (Innate)This Pokemon moves at its own pace and when confused, it will never harm itself in confusion. If the Pokemon also has Tangled Feet, it will raise Accuracy by one (1) Stage.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 2 (-1 Atk)
Def: Rank 4 (+1 Def)
SpA: Rank 2
Spe: 15
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3

EC: 0/6

Moves:
Curse(*)
Yawn(*)
Tackle(*)
Growl(*)
Water Gun(*)
Confusion(*)
Disable(*)
Headbutt(*)

Safe Guard(*)
Zen Headbutt(*)
Future Sight(*)

Ice Beam(*)
Fire Blast(*)
Scald(*)

14 moves total

Next Maxim's Mons

Riolu [Skyla] (F)
Nature: Lonely (Attack increased by *, Defense decreased by *)

Type:
Fighting:
Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions on Circle Throw, Seismic Toss, Sky Drop, Storm Throw, Submission, and Vital Throw. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities:
Steadfast:
(Innate) If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases Speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This Speed boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Inner Focus: (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Prankster (DW): (Innate) The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 4 (+)
SpA: Rank 1 (+)

Attacks (14):
Quick Attack
Foresight
Endure
Counter
Force Palm
Feint
Reversal
Screech

Agility
Blaze Kick
Bullet Punch

Protect
Earthquake
Dig

Staryu [Helios]
Nature: Modest (Special Attack increased by *, Attack decreased by *)

Type:
Water:
Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
Illuminate:
(Can be Activated) When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intense light that blinds all opponents, reducing their Accuracy stage by one (1). The accuracy drop will last six (6) actions after the Pokemon is released.
Natural Cure: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body has the ability to heal itself of status afflictions over time, it goes into effect six (6) actions after being inflicted with a status. In switch battles, this Pokemon heals all status effects when switched out.
Analytic (DW): (Innate) If this Pokemon attacks after its target during an action, its attacks have two (2) more Base Attack Power.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 85
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3

Attacks (13):
Tackle
Harden
Water Gun
Rapid Spin
Recover
Camouflage
Swift

Aurora Beam
Barrier
Supersonic

Protect
Surf
Thunderbolt

Colosshale [Odin] (M)
Nature: Adamant (Attack increased by *, Special Attack decreased by *)

Type:
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Rebound: (Innate) When this Pokemon is released into battle, it senses the hazards the opponent has laid on the field and thrusts them to the other side of the arena where they will affect the opponent's Pokemon. The Pokemon does not suffer the effects of these hazards when it switches in.
Storm Drain: (Innate) This Pokemon lures all water attacks to itself, altering their course away from partner Pokemon. It absorbs the water and increases its Special Attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Flare Boost (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon's Body can harness the heat from a burn into internal energy, fueling its mental capabilities. When Burned, the Pokemon's special attacks do two (2) more damage.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 3 (+)
SpA: Rank 2 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Size Class: 4
Weight Class: 9
Base Rank Total: 16

Attacks:
Leer
Tackle
Mud Shot
Bubblebeam
Rapid Spin
Mud Bomb
Pursuit

Encore
Fake Out
Thunder Fang

Protect
Earthquake
U-Turn

The Order of Turns
Maxim Picks his mon and ability
DEMo picks his mon, ability, and actions for the Round
then Maxim will select his actions
I will then ref
DEMo will choose his actions for the next round
Maxim will then go and select his actions
I will ref, once again
and this repeats until the battle is completed.

I will and can explain the rules of switching if it comes to that if someone is unsure.

I choose Monohm, with his Static Ability.

"Monohm, attack with Thunder Wave. Then follow through with a Charge, and then Thunderbolt!" (Please tell me if I screw up, as this is my first battle)

"Alright, let's counter his moves with our own Odin. Start off with a Fake out to mess up his Thunder Wave, then use a Earthquake while he's charging, then Protect against that thunderbolt."

Fake Out~Earthquake~Protect

Welcome to an exciting event here folks, we have DEMo_Gorgon 47's first battle ever. How exciting! Anyways, lets get to the match. Our first match up is between Colosshale and Monohm. Colosshale starts off by Faking out Monohm, causing him to flinch this actions. Next, Colosshale raises his body up, and slams down on the earth, creating an Earthquake, dealing some pretty serious damage to Monohm, who spends the turn Charging up. Then Monohm attempts a Thunderbolt, but it slams straight into Colosshale's Protect

Action 1
Colosshale used Fake Out
RNG for Crit
4 damage, 3 energy

Monohm is flinched

Action 2

Colosshale used Earthquake
15 damage, 7 energy

Monohm used Charge
-7 energy, Charged up

Action 3
Colosshale used Protect
-16 energy

Monohm used Thunderbolt
Protected, 6 energy

EN:74

vs.

HP: 85
EN: 87

Earthquake~Mud Bomb~Earthquake
If Thunder Wave is used, use Protect and push actions back, but only do so once.

1) Well, the ASB Arena is basically the vanilla arena. There are no restrictions at all. I'd post the flavor but nobody really uses the flavor anymore :/.

2) No, Odin is aquatic only, but there's a moat around the arena that works.

Round 2

Well with the first round over, it seems to me that Colosshale and his trainer have just a bit of a lead. Lets see if they can keep that lead going in round two. Monohm uses a quick Thunder Wave attack, but only to get walled by Colosshale's protect. Colosshale gets his attack off just fine though, he lifts his body up like he did before, and uses Earthquake, causing Monohm to go flying. Monohm recovers it's balance though, and fires off a Thunder Bolt, getting his first bit of damage for the battle on Colosshale. But Colosshale isn't done yet, he fires off a Mud Bomb at Monohm, blasting the little guy. Monohm finishes his actions up with a second thunderbolt, right as his charged energy disappears.

Action 1

Colosshale used Protect
-7 energy

Monohm used Thunder Wave
-7 energy

Action 2

15 damage, 7 energy

Monohm used Thunderbolt
24 damage, 6 energy

Action 3

Colosshale used Mud Bomb
11 damage, 6 energy

Monohm used Thunderbolt
24 damage, 10 energy

HP: 52
EN:54

vs.

HP: 59
EN: 64

Grrrr, if only I could get him to be paralyzed, either by Static or by Thunder Wave. I dont have time to Charge anymore, i'll just have to keep my old strategy up.

Thunderwave~Thunderbolt~Thunderbolt

Round 3

This battle has gotten kind of boring, both trainers have seemed to find a patern of moves, and they're sticking with them, Thunder wave gets protected again, you'd honestly think he'd come up with a better plan then doing the same thing over and over again. Then it's just a volley of Thunderbolts and Earthquakes. Lame. Next round.

Action 1

Colosshale used Protect
-7 energy

Monohm used Thunder Wave
-7 energy

Action 2

15 damage, 7 energy

Monohm used Thunderbolt
24 damage, 6 energy

Action 3

15 damage, 11 energy

Monohm used Thunderbolt
24 damage, 10 energy

HP: 12
EN:29

vs.

HP: 29
EN: 41

Darn, all of that and he's still going to get first blood. Oh well, let's go all out.

Mud Bomb+Bubblebeam combo~Cooldown~Earthquake

Clarification: You can use any two moves in your movepool to make a combination attack, as long as those attacks could realistically be combined. However, the priority is low and one has to cooldown after the attack.

Thunderbolt~Thunderbolt/Cooldown~Cooldown
(Thunderbolt if Odin survives the first, Cooldown if he doesnt)

All I need to do is hit him so that he goes down. Mud Bomb shouldnt do TOO much, and Bubblebeam may have STAB, but Monohm also resists it. And with the negative priority on his combo, I should strike first. So these Thunderbolts should do the trick (what? It's "working", also, I used Thunder Wave last round so Maxim would use Protect, making Maxim only get 2 move in instead of 3)

Round 4

Holy Lord. Something interesting happens, A thunderbolt from Monohm finally takes first blood in this battle, and Colosshale falls to Monohm, Maxim, your next pokemon please.

Monohm used Thunderbolt
24 damage, 14 energy

HP: NOPE
EN:Sorry

vs.

HP: 29
EN: 27

I think you mean chill? In any case, let me teach you about evasive agility next. :/

Evasive Agility~Earthquake~Force Palm

Round 5

Maxim sends out his Riolu next, preparing to take out DEMo's extremely weakened Monohm. Monohm attempts to T-Wave Riolu, but gets to hit the ground again because of Riolu's incredible Agility. Riolu goes first, and strikes at Monohm with an earthquake, while Monohm uses the only other move it knows. Thunderbolt. Riolu finishes the battle off with a Force Palm, finally knocking Monohm out.

Riolu used Agility
-7 energy

Monohm used Thunder Wave
-6 energy

Riolu used Earthquake
17 damage, 7 energy

Monohm used Thunderbolt
16 damage, 6 energy

Riolu used Force Palm
11 damage, 4 energy

Monohm= No longer with us

HP: 74
EN: 82
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
SpA: Rank 1 (+)

Eh, Static only works on contact attacks, which means that while Force Palm could have paralyzed, Earthquake couldn't because it doesn't involve direct attacking.

Bullet Punch+Force Palm combo~Cooldown~Force Palm

Crap, so much power so quickly

Protect~Dragon Dance+Dragon Dance Combo~Toxic
(if only one can be protected against, I choose Force Palm, if I can block both... well then the choice is obvious lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)