(MC) Middle Cup Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol. i just found the best middle cup pokemon ever.

wait for it...

NIDORINO.
it has hustle, it has hone claws, its stabs are almost perfect, (i think it is..) andd... it has sucker punch! :)
Like Pwnemon said, Nidorino is pure Poison, only gaining the Ground typing upon evolution, so its STAB isn't as great as you'd think. It does absorb Toxic Spikes however, so that's good.

Maybe something like:
Nidorino @ Eviolite/Life Orb/Muscle Band/Expert Belt
4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spd
Hustle
-Hone Claws
-Sucker Punch
-Poison Jab
-Super Fang/Double Kick/Dig/Frustration/Head Smash/Iron Tail/Toxic Spikes/Toxic/Rest

Hone Claws to Fix the Accuracy Problem, Sucker Punch for Priority, and Poison Jab for STAB.

For the last move:
Super Fang ignores the massive defenses of the walls in this tier but leaves you vulnerable to Dusclops, Lampent, and Haunter with non-attacking moves.
Double Kick gives you something to hit Krokorok, Magneton, Lairon, and Klang (and something other than Sucker Punch to hit Metang) but has the same problem as Super Fang.
Dig also gives you something to hit the steels and Krokorok, but Haunter still will lol at you to no end if it has Substitute and the like. Plus, it gives you opponent a free switch.
Frustration (or Return) is a powerful normal move that hits Krokorok neutrally, though it doesn't really solve either your problem with Ghosts or Steels.
Head Smash lets you hit Pidgeotto, Golbat, Togetic, Skiploom, Staravia, Tranquill, Charmeleon, Magmar, Quilava, Lampent with non-attacking moves, Swadloon, Whirlipede, Sealeo, and Vannillish very hard while also solving your problem with Haunter and Dusclops. However, now you have a problem with ground types with non-attacking moves, don't solve your problem with Steel Types or Krokorok, and are going to be burning through HP very fast (might be beneficial to switch the EV spread if you run this). It also doesn't have very good accuracy, though a second Hone Claws, if you can, would probably fix that.
Iron Tail lets you hit Graveler, Rhydon, Pupitar, Boldore, Piloswine, and Vanillish hard and gives you something to hit Lairon, Krokorok, and non attacking move having Dusclops and Haunter. However, it has crap accuracy that not even 2 hone claws will completely fix.
Toxic Spikes is very useful in this tier, and Nidorino is one of the only things to learn it. It does lose out on coverage though.
Toxic is the same idea as Super Fang, it lets you get passed the enormous defenses of the walls. The difference of course is that it hits Lampent and Dusclops but not Magneton, Lairon, Metang, and Klang.
Rest is your only means of recovery, though probably not that useful. Wish support is probably a much better way to heal it.

The main problem with level 50 is that evs work differently than at level 100, and a lot of people won't know to use different ev spreads than the ones they would use regularly.

The level 50 cap is so that Seismic Toss and Night Shade don't break the game. (As most of the NFEs have pretty low HP if haden't noticed.)

that hardly matters because their hp stats get lower at level 50 and higher at level 100...

like a pokemon with 400 hp at level 100 would be 4hkoed by seismic toss. at level 50, it will have something like 200 hp, which is.....

STILL A 4HKO

Chansey with max HP at LV 100: 704
8HKO'd by ST

Chansey with max HP at LV 50: 357
8HKO'd by ST

Dusclops with max HP at LV 100: 284
3HKO'd by NS

Dusclops with max HP at LV 50: 147
3HKO'd by NS

Pikachu with max HP at LV 100: 274
3HKO'd by ST

Pikachu with max HP at LV 50: 142
Still a 3HKO
Now let's look at 0 HP

Pikachu with min HP at LV 100: 211
3HKO

Pikachu with min HP at LV 50: 110
3 HKO

?_?

Dragon Rage could possibly be more potent...?

Just passing by to agree that the completely arbitrary level 50 cap is easily the stupidest thing about this 'tier'.

If anything I'd actually prefer LV 30, but it immediately causes some Pokemon to be banned(Fraxure, Zweilous come to mind)...

In fact if anything its prolly only because of Zweilous that the level cap is 50. Shelgon, Pupitar and Dragonair barely squeeze through, lol.

yeaa... level rstrictions are dumb.

why dont we have uber at level 100
ou at level 90
uu at level 80
ru at level 70
Uu at level 60
mc at level 50
Lc at level 5?

yea. pointless

There is literallly like 3 dark types and like 4 steel types. A combo of Machamp to kill steel types and dark types with a psychic type and dragon type sweeping combo is amazing. For this reason I feel like 1st stage pokemon with an evolution should be allowed too in order to allow more versatility with typings like dark and steel that dont have many 3 staged evolutions. I also agree with the notion of level 100 pokemon as the extra 5 levels would compensate for the extra 50 points of damage with seismic toss as ice beam stated before.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm truly sorry I was a snob about this when this thread was made, and I won't stay away from this any further. Can you please join the Middle Cup social group, though? It would be a great help to keep things organized and all the riff raff out, plus to inject some life into it! I had a forum set up but I have neglected to pay the hosting; I am willing to bring it back up if there's going to be more interest in this. I may be able to get a PO server on it but that's further off.

I just had to weigh in on the current discussion. Are we really getting into squabbles over level restrictions? Again? Level 50 sure is arbitrary, but that's what has always been agreed upon since Zy, opti, and dracoyoshi started this whole thing over a year ago. Who cares if it's arbitrary?
The fundamental rules are and always will be this:

• All Pokemon are to be at Level 50.
  • All Pokemon must both evolve from and into a Pokemon.
If rule two was out of the question, this wouldn't be Middle Cup, it would be NFE. I love Middle Cup because it is a restrictive metagame. Trust me, there are plenty of Pokemon to go around without other NFEs stinking up the place. Either way, this has been discussed so many times. Why don't we settle on the above two points since that's what sets it apart as a metagame, and that's what has agreed upon for so long?

Why is everyone freaking out about being lvl 50??? It's got the same principle as LC. But I DO think that some pokemon like maybe Scyther, Doduo, and Sneasel should be legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)