1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

McDonald's answers to the public

Discussion in 'Smogon's Greatest Hits' started by Thunda, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Flash_gearz

Flash_gearz

Q: I'm an english student working towards a food based qualification, however i have no arms or legs. will this be a factor applying for a job at mcdonalds?

xD

I sent in:
    Do your employees like to look at Hentai? Do they look at it during work? If so why is Mcdonald's stance on it?

Hoping they say yes not knowing what it is <_<
  2. sbc

sbc

Hehe fucking hell
  3. Vault Tec

Vault Tec

Lol you are a legend =D
  4. Cosmos

Cosmos

That is hillarious. Great stuff!
  5. Jimbo

Jimbo take me anywhere
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

IS IT TRUE THAT SOMEONE ONCE FOUND BLOOD ON THEIR FRIES IN THE UK? OR IS THIS JUST ANOTHER URBAN LEGEND?

This looks like another urban myth as McDonald's has never heard of this happening. On very limited occassions, employees may have slight cuts, which even when wearing a plaster, may cause some blood to appear on packaging. Managers monitor their staff very carefully if they do have cuts and you should report any concerns that you might have to the restaurant manager. DECEMBER '07 UPDATE: McDonald's French Fries are now fully accredited by the Vegetarian Society. (December 2007)

Yum A positive
    --------
    This was gold I lol'd so hard at this whole thread.
  6. monkfish

monkfish what are birds?
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

haha i like it when companies aren't afraid to give stupid answers to stupid questions. macdonalds have risen in my esteem
  7. Bulblax

Bulblax

hahahaha I saw this like six months ago it never ceases to be hilarious
  8. Generik92

Generik92

18. Regarding "McFlurry Smarties contains E120 cochineal, a natural colour sourced from animals". Can you expand on this please, as some say it comes from bugs/beetles, I would like to know exactly what E120 is - but in a bit more depth than the fact that it is a colour? For example, if it was insect-based, I would eat it.

Cochineal is used in the red Smarties found in the Smarties McFlurry. This colour is extracted from an insect, as you mention in your question. Cochineal and its derivatives are widely used throughout the food industry to colour foods such as beverages, jellies, sugar confectionery, yoghurts, and flour confectionery. (May 2008)

those sick bastards use insects to color the mcflurries.
  9. Itchni

Itchni

MMM so thats whats filling the gapig hole in my soul
  10. Eersnot

Eersnot

286. I have found that whenever I eat a Big Mac I have very vivid and disturbing nightmares. Could there be a link?

Sorry to hear that you are having nightmares. However, it is highly unlikely that they have been brought on by eating a Big Mac.

I found this one very amusing.
  11. DeLorean

DeLorean

thundaaaaaaaaa
  12. Rawbi

Rawbi

13. cookie

cookie Adominnustrata
    is a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    Soc. Forums Leader

oh man
    this is too good

i mean, criminally too good
  14. Rawbi

Rawbi

15. nardd

nardd

these questions remind me of gamefaqs forums... so great so great

I love the ones that are cleverly sarcastic- it's a shame mcdonalds has to answer semi formally
  16. Hairyama

Hairyama

1. how come the french fries arnt vegan, is this just because they dont meet certain vegan standards? The French Fries are not officially vegan, and neither is anything else on the menu. However, McDonald’s French Fries only contain potato, salt, (plus, at some times of the year, a light coating of dextrose which is a natural wheat-based sugar) and are cooked in a new non hydrogenated blend of sunflower and rapeseed oil. (May 2007) FEBRUARY '08 UPDATE: McDonald’s UK now do not use any hydrogenated oil in any food items across the entire menu
    I've never heard of rapeseeds...
  17. cookie

cookie Adominnustrata
    is a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    Soc. Forums Leader

18. Juuka

Juuka

2. i like your food, it makes me strong. after having one of your meaty burgers i can ride my bike at several mph more than usual. do you add any special sauce as other burger places do not have the same effect. also do you accept euros in UK mcdonalds as i have a 1000 of them. regards!
    Glad to hear that you are enjoying the food and getting that extra energy. The only special sauces you will find in McDonald's burgers are in temporary promotional sandwiches and of course in the legendary Big Mac. For the convenience of customers, McDonald’s accepts Euros and other foreign currencies in a number of restaurants, in particular those locations with a higher proportion of customers carrying foreign currency such as Waterloo Station and some of McDonald’s airport restaurants. (January 2008)
  19. Kikuichimonji

Kikuichimonji

After seeing the classic U.N. Owen was her MAD again, I'm considering submitting a query investigating a possible affiliation between McDonald's and the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
  20. Dexterity

Dexterity

Rofl, these are hilarious, especially

Q: Can I has cheezburger???

A: Of course. Please visit your nearest McDonald's restaurant to buy one.

Cause someone asked this in SAT class today.
  21. Roy

Roy sux
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

31. HOW TO APPLY JOB IN MAC

It's great to hear of your interest in McDonald's. Please Visit your nearest McDonald's restaurant or the specific branch that you are interested in working for, and ask the restaurant manager if there are any vacancies available. You can also visit www.mcdoanlds.co.uk and click on the 'Careers' link for more information regarding employment. Alternatively call the recruitment hotline on
  22. Doctor Heartbreak

Doctor Heartbreak

Q. I read nothing but deciet on these answers for the questions HOW DO YOU COOK THE BURGERS SO FAAAST?? how come i can not cook it that fast and honestly and truthfully is macdonalds recommeneded as a balanced diet, is it good for you? can you 100% total assurity prove the burgers are 100% BEEF??? and do not LIE i await egearly for your answer. on which i shall publish my paper on macdonalds. please dont let me down.

my favourite kind is "i read in the papers":

Q. i have read in papers that a staff take a poo in the food and watch people eat it then go to there face and laugh is this true

A. This is completely unfounded. McDonald's is unsure which papers have been reporting this, and would like to see the source if you still have a copy. Please contact the Customer Services team on 08705 244622 with any details. (September 2007)

Q. Is it true that a child once lost an eye on your happy bus and then you used it in your burger and someone found it there and it was all over the papers. Ronald Mcdonald the clown was also blamed for poor child care.

A. No, this is not true.

Q. I read in the paper that some burger contain poo. Is this really true? If so, what proportion of burgers contain poo?

A. No. This is absolutely not true. McDonald’s UK has never found any such thing, and given the high profile of the company, you can assume that anyone with such allegations would have brought them to McDonald’s attention right away – but they haven’t. You can be assured that the highest standards of food safety are adhered to in the preparation and serving of McDonald’s food.

Q. i read in the paper that left over happy meal toys get melted down and used to cook chips in. is this true? if not, do you add happy meal toys to the fat? if yes, how many left over toys do you add?

A. No this is not true. (August 2007)

Q. I have read in a news paper that your McNuggets only consist of fat and chicken penis. Because that is the purest meat. I was wondering if this was true and if so could you explain why it is purer. Thank you. Jake W, FHM

A. No, this is not true. McDonald's Chicken McNuggets are made from carefully deboned chicken breast meat, which is coated in a specially seasoned batter. The full ingredients list for the Chicken McNuggets is available in the 'Our Food' booklet, which is available for download in the 'Eat Smart' section of www.mcdonalds.co.uk, under 'Ingredients list'. (August 2007)

Q. i remember reading in the paper that a member of your kitchen staff once masturbated into the mayonaise at mcdonalds. is this true and what actions have been taken to prevent this happening again?

A. No, this is not true.

Q. I saw in the papers that someone dining at one of your restaurants bit into a chicken nugget and found that it was actually a mouse that had fallen into the deep fryer. Is this story true? If so how did this happen? Do you not have ways to stop mice entering your fryers?

A. McDonald’s has no knowledge of this. The company believes that if any incident like this had really occurred, the customer concerned would immediately have brought it to McDonald’s attention. McDonald’s has strict controls in place at every stage of production to make sure that its food is of the highest quality.

Q. It was in a newspaper 2 months ago about 2 mcdonalds staff (in birmingham)having sex in the kitchen whilst working.Is this true?

A. There have been no such reports. Any rumours and stories about this sort of behaviour have never been found to be true and are the stuff of urban myths. If McDonald’s receive any allegations about inappropriate behaviour in a restaurant they will be fully investigated

side note:

Q. i like McDonalds a lot but since 9/11 and the not so good one in london i am scared of terrorist attacks and avoid the bigger resturants. can you tell me how many terrorist threats/warnings you have had? have any stores been blown up by the islam and have been covered up in the papers? VMT

A. The threat level has been at a raised state since 9/11 and at one stage raised to its highest level as a result of recent events in Glasgow and London. There has never been any specific threat made to the company or its stores. Stores are always on the alert especially if finding suspicious items in the stores that no one claims - on these occasions McDonald's communicates with the Police which may well result in the store being temporally closed to deal with such incidents. There have been no stores blown up by any organisation. (August 2007)
  23. PikaPete

PikaPete

I don't want to alarm anyone in Mexico, but they're definitely not denying this....
  24. BARILLIAN

BARILLIAN

Aww. Shortened it and posted, wonder what they'll say. Also urged to ask whether animals and zombies are included in this "equal opportunities employer" business.
  25. Kietharr

Kietharr

Rapeseed oil is the technical name of canola oil. The rapeseed oil industry changed the public name to canola oil awhile back because of poor sales incurred by the whole rape thing.

in closing, learn2wikipedia.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)