1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Medical Research

Discussion in 'Congregation of the Masses' started by trader, Jan 5, 2011.

  1. trader


    Aug 14, 2007
    I'm not sure this is the right place, but I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere in or near Noth Carolina (in the US) where I could go to be paid to have my Tourette's Syndrome studied. Any suggestions on where to go/look would be appreciated. Again, my apooligies if this is the wrong place.
  2. Luduan


    Sep 20, 2008
    You might try seeing if there are any studies through the Duke and UNC hospitals and psychology departments.
  3. Jorgen

    Jorgen World's Strongest Fairy
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

    Jun 5, 2010
    Nowadays, payment incentives for human research volunteers is generally frowned upon due to ethical and sampling concerns (it doesn't stop people from incentivizing participation, but payment is very regulated). If it's money you're after, looking down another avenue is probably best; being a test subject isn't exactly the best way to make money. If the main thing you want is participation in studies of your condition, you can look up the psych departments of local universities and see what ongoing studies are being undertaken by students and professors. I know my school's psych department website has a link to a whole database of psychology studies that one can log into and browse through. Something like "psych.universityname.edu" or "www.universityname.edu/psych(ology)" would be a good place to start.
  4. ChaosNebula


    Dec 21, 2010
    Is it possible for you to try other countries? I am sure that other countries will be glad to have a subject.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)