Medicham Discussion

Just imagine Medicham in a top hat. HOW FANCY WOULD THAT BE?

Pidge has delivered the goods.

#308 Medicham

Fighting/Psychic

Abilities: Pure Power, Telepathy

Stats:
HP: 60
Attack: 60
Defense: 75
Special Attack: 60
Special Defense: 75
Speed: 80

As a Lead
move 1: Fake Out
move 2: Hi Jump Kick
move 3: Magic Coat
move 4: Ice Punch / Psycho Cut
ability: Pure Power
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly / Adamant
item: Life Orb

Pretty Simple set that i've used to see some success in RU.
Hi Jump Kick coming off a 438 jolly / 480 adamant attack is pretty crazy, but missing will cripple medi pretty badly. Magic coat is there to prevent Status / Entry Hazards. Psycho Cut if you want the STAB but ice punch for better coverage.

this is my first posted set in a while so be easy.

Choice is a must and is probably the best set Medicham can run so definitely deserves a set and it says 252 SAtk evs when it should be Atk.

fixed. very true about the choice but i figured he could work as a decent lead as well and tried it out and i got this.

Choice Scarf Medicham is actually more threatening, as base 80 Speed is very easily outsped and rvenged. And how to make it even more fancy? MOUSTACHE.

Can't forget the monocle. c:

But I agree, I think that Choice Scarf Medicham would work the best. (cough cough if only he got Mach Punch cough cough)

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Choice Scarf Medicham is an absolute must. HJK, Drain Punch (for Protectors), Ice Punch, Zen Headbutt works the best.

yeah i know the choice set is redonkulous, but i wanted to post up this set as well since the choice set is already on the page. it's a pretty good lead

Yeah a choice set would be set would be best

SET
Name : Choice
Move 1: HJK / drain punch
Move 2: rock slide / ice punch
Move 3: trick
Move 4: psycho cut / bullet punch
Item: choice scarf / choice band
Nature: adamant / jolly
Ability: pure power
EVs: 252 Att / 252 Spe / 4 HP

HJK for a powerful stab that can OHKO or 2HKO but suffers from accuracy and recoil, Drain for reliability but misses out on some KOs

Rock slide is the prefer chocie for coverage to hit hte many bug types in the tier that resist you, Yanmega and Scollipede in particular quad resist you, Ice punch can be used if you prefer the higher accuracy and to hit the rare Gligar, Tangela. Fire Punch can be used if you still want to hit bugs but don't like rock slide's accuracy but you may end up getting walled.

Trick to Cripple walls.

Psycho Cut for a 2nd stab or Bullet punch for Priority, PsychocCut is recommended on scarf sets since you're relative fast already and Bullet punch on Band Sets, although psycho cut on band set can catch people by surprise expecting a HJK or Drain punch.

With a Substitute switch in could Medicham run something like this?

Abilities: Pure Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant
Item: Life Orb/Muscle Band
Move 1: Swagger
Move 2: Hi Jump Kick
Move 3: Psych Up
Move 4: Psycho Cut/Elemental Punch of choice

Open with Swagger, then Psych Up for the 2 Attack boost then hit with your move of choice. Life Orb might not even be needed after the +2 boost and you could take Muscle Band.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
The thread was half a year old. You probably shouldn't have bumped it. Your post could have gone in the simple question, simple answer thread.

As for the set, I guess you could, but it would fail too easily, it's a gimmicky strategy. Just stick to the Choice sets.

Having said that, I've found certain gimmicky sets to be effective. I've tried SubDrain and SubSplit, and both work surprisingly well.

How about a set like this?

Medicham @ Life Orb
Jolly
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
-Fake Out
-Bullet Punch
-Drain Punch
-Ice Punch / ect.

Medicham has a pretty strong Fake Out, and it can do the priority one-two punch like Hitmontop and Hariyama decently. Drain Punch instead of HJK because of Life Orb, entry hazards, HJK misfire recoil, all compounded by the switching in and out and using the first two moves repeatedly. Drain Punch is still pretty powerful, and prevents Medi from being worn down.

It can no longer 2HKO Claydol and Slowking, but neither can the Choice Scarf set.

In terms of coverage is Ice Punch better then Thunderpunch? Maybe I am just looking at types, verses who can cover what? I love trying to make builds but I am terrible as making teams.

I am not sure I understand the issue with posting in a old thread. I think this was only on page 2 in RU. And anytime I try to make a thread it is deleted since Mods here don't think the thread is important. So I am contributing to a thread dedicated to Medicham builds.

I thought I had another build idea but maybe I was thinking of Liepard since I was reading that thread before this one...

the choice between ice punch and thunderpunch is pretty much upto the team.

in the upper tiers, ice punch is better since it hits gliscor and dragons.

however, in the lower tiers, thunderpunch is just as viable in order to kill things like slowking

jrp

Banned deucer.
I was trying out Bulk Up Medicham, it's a bit of an interesting threat to say the least, even with no attack EVs it still smashes through things once it gets a Bulk Up in, and base 75 defenses aren't horrible when you invest in them...

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I too have been using Bulk Up Medicham, with the following set

Medicham @ Lum Berry
Jolly
-Hi Jump Kick
-Bullet Punch
-Zen Headbutt
-Bulk Up

It has been an absolute monster so far, 1 and 2HKOing so many threats with ease. Got me out of some tight spots against things like Mandibuzz and Misdreavus, who it beat on its own. Setting up on Roselia is also brilliant.

jrp

Banned deucer.
I too have been using Bulk Up Medicham, with the following set

Medicham @ Lum Berry
Jolly
-Hi Jump Kick
-Bullet Punch
-Zen Headbutt
-Bulk Up

It has been an absolute monster so far, 1 and 2HKOing so many threats with ease. Got me out of some tight spots against things like Mandibuzz and Misdreavus, who it beat on its own. Setting up on Roselia is also brilliant.

I use pretty much the same set but I use it more defensively. I can't get to my team right now because I'm on my iPod, but I run a more defensive EV spread and Drain Punch instead of Hi Jump Kick. Everything else is the same though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)