ORAS OU Medisharp HO- The Based Lord and his disciples. (1902 ELO) Peak 3rd

HUGE SHOUTOUT to my boy Arifeen for helping me organize this so immaculately.

Hey everyone , I'm Arik. I'm not a VERY competitive player but I decided to make an RMT on this team I used to ladder. This team did pretty well and has a decent record on the ladder too , making it to the top half with relative ease and then some. I would ladder more with this but I think it is time I take a break as I'm really bored right now and don't wanna play anymore. My friend Arifeen used this to get #3 on the ladder and qualifying for OLT while I myself got respectable #18. He uses this team to its full potential and deserves a tag.

http://prntscr.com/8qgu98 - My peak

http://prntscr.com/8u3veh - Arifeen's peak , lt8g feen

Yes I know my gxe is terrible , but that's because I fooled around with mono band teams and stuff for the lols before playing with this team.

I used to play a lot during the XY meta , my most used pokemon back then was none other than Mega Medicham , I love this thing as it has amazing power and a decent speed tier for a wallbreaker.

Next member of the team had to be Bisharp as it beats fat Psychic types and some Fat fairy types which M-Cham struggles against i.e - Cresselia , Clefable , Slowbro.

Next members are Rotom-w and Tornadus-T as they provide great volt turn support for M-Medicham and much needed bulk. Rotom helps me vs sand teams and Tornadus helps me vs faster threats such as Gengar , Alakazam , Lati@s which gives M-Medicham a lot of trouble.

Next up is Garchomp , not only is this one of my favorite Pokemon it is also a very good mon in this meta. Very versatile and a valuable member to any team. Arguably the best stealth rocker in the tier for offensive teams.

Finally I have Keldeo. My revenge killer and my checks to stuff like Mega Lopunny and Weavile which are huge threats in this meta.

The Team

The Based Lord (Medicham-Mega) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch/Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick

One of favorite mons to use in the game. Strongest hitter in the game with decent speed tier for a wall breaker. Has double priority which helps a lot vs offensive teams and HJK + Ice Punch dismantles Physical walls like Hippo , Skarm , Ferro , Garchomp , Landorus-T without breaking a sweat. I decided to go with Ice punch over Zen headbutt as I have already have checks to Mega-Venusaur such as Tornadus T. I chose Adamant over Jolly on Medicham as the power difference is actually a quite significant and I have double priority for faster mons. Zen Headbutt should also be considered as it does beat M-Venu and OHKO's Azu after Fake Out.

Disciple 1 (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance / Pursuit

I chose Bisharp as it deals with Pokemon like Cresselia , Slowbro , Clefable all Pokemon which give my M-Medicham a lot of problems , also helps vs the Lati Twins. I chose to go with the standard spread and moveset as it has almost never failed me. Initially had SD but Pursuit is also a good option which should be considered as it does make life for M-Cham a lot easier. Iron head for fairies ,Sucker Punch for very strong priority. Knock Off is obligatory stab. Pursuit is also very good option as it makes life for Keld a lot easier by getting rid of stuff like Latis and Slowbros.

Disciple 2 (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp/Thunder Wave
- Pain Split/ Thunder Wave

Next we have Rotom-W. Provides great volt-turn support alongside Torna-T. This thing baits in stuff like Ferrorthorn which means I get to evolve my M-Medicham freely and just get a kill most of the time. This also provides me great balance and helps against both sand teams and rain teams. The moveset is self explanatory but I'll elaborate anyway , volt switch provides great momentum , Hydro pump is strong stab that hits ground types which are immune to volt switch , will-o-wisp to cripple other mons and Pain Split for semi-reliable recovery. I have 30 speed IVs on it as I want to outslow the other Rotoms and get a slow volt switch to gain momentum. Thunder Wave is an option if you're really paranoid about Zard-X.

Disciple 3 (Tornadus-Therian) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 132 HP / 124 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off/Iron Tail
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane

Next up is Tornadus-T. This thing provides great support for Medicham as it baits stuff like Heatran which Medicham safely evolves on most of the time. This is also my Lati, Serperior and Keldeo check.
Knock is a great utility move. Heat wave as my team is sort of weak to Scizor if I let it setup or if Rotom is weakened. Hurricane is obligatory stab which is unreliable but we really do not have a choice. Iron Tail is a great option too since it helps vs Diancie weakness.

Disciple 4 (Garchomp) @ Lum Berry/Yache Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Next up is Garchomp , I needed a stealth rocker and Garchomp is arguably the best one in the tier for offensive teams. I chose the SD lum anti-lead set which is a personal favorite of mine. I can either choose to get up rocks or start pummeling holes through my opponent's team depending on what he leads with. SD for setting up as it is also good vs Stall as Sableye leads usually always w-o-w first turn predicting me to be the ever so common Tankchomp. Earthquake is the obligatory stab and Dargon Claw instead of Outrage as I do not like being locked in to a move from the get go. Stealth Rock is self explanatory. Yache berry is a good option as it helps vs electric types which is a huge threat to this team.

Disciple 5 (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature/Timid
- Scald
- Hydro Pump/Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Secret Sword

Finally we have Keldeo , which is my revenge killer and answer to a lot of faster threats such as Weavile , Lopunny , weakened Thundurus and Alakazam. Scald for spreading burns , Hydro Pump is used when I need to break something , HP elec is primarily for Azumarill and Gyarados which can get out of hand if they set up. Secret Sword is obligatory stab which hits Pokemon like Chansey on their weaker physical side.

This thing is a pain in the ass for most teams to deal with as it is very bulky and has great support moves to go with it and is one of the only true counters to M-Medicham in the whole game.

This thing is also very annoying as it is very fast and can 2hko my whole team , I have either have to sack Bisharp after using sucker punch or knock off and then revenge it with M-Medicham

The banded set to be exact as my team literally has no switch ins and Rotom can only switch in once. BD and AV are easier to deal with.

If you wish to use this team

Disciple 1 (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Disciple 2 (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Disciple 3 (Garchomp) @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

The Based Lord (Medicham-Mega) @ Medichamite
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- High Jump Kick

Disciple 4 (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Secret Sword

Disciple 5 (Tornadus-Therian) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 132 HP / 124 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-276140167 - Vs annoying Rain team and an annoying opponent.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-275969866 - Good comeback after being haxed at a crucial stage.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-275634065 - Mega Cham doing what it does best.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-274505886 - Had to make some really aggressive plays due to bad matchup.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-277462925 - Medicham ripped him to shreds.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-277463543 - Thought I choked lol

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-277980611 - Scarf Keld coming through.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-279146260 - Vs Tusnami, Torna had an amazing matchup vs him.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-279062841 - vs a well known ladder prick.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-282291898 - LOL

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-281680658 - Scarf Keldeo clutch

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-285194129 - vs very annoying rain and Kingdra

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-284451275 - Garchomp recking balance

Thank you for viewing this RMT , if you have any suggestions please by all means go ahead and tell me in the comments. All feedback is appreciated. :)

Last edited:

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
I've tested this team quite a bit and I've had a lot of success with it, not sure why it's not receiving love bc it's definitely one of my favorite HO teams.
I want to point out some threats that I've faced and noticed that trouble this team. It is HO, however, so I obviously won't be picky and expect to have a switch-in for numerous things, so this is more of a heads-up for people who are going to use the team.

Mega Charizard-X - A bulky variant of this monster can set up on Rotom or scarf Keldeo. After one DD, it shreds through the team, and the only way of preventing it is not letting it set up or Fake Out + mind games with Bisharp.

Talonflame - Like Charizard-X, Talonflame can sweep after an SD. Just get your rocks up, keep Rotom healthy, and try to wear it down with Fake Out (and HJK on a roost). Don't let Rotom go down or else you might as well click x.

Thundurus - Lol, everything gets 2ohkoed, even ohkoed if weakened. Keep Bisharp alive for Sucker Punch. I can only hope this monster is life orb and then I usually use Medicham to wear it down, but priority T-Wave/Nasty Plot wrecks the team.

Azumarill - CB variants usually take two mons down if played well lol. Rotom, HP electric Keldeo, and flinching with Iron Head are usually my answer, but Azumarill can get worn down after a couple of attacks.

Trick Room - Weird, I know, but I got destroyed by a trick room team. You have to keep Bisharp alive for Trick Room setters.
Mega Heracross under Trick Room literally ohkoes every member bar Chomp, lol.

Mega Gardevoir - With hazards up, Mega Garde can 2ohko the whole team. Medicham's Bullet Punch usually does the job, but the teams Mega Garde likes (VoltTurn) usually have Lando-T and wear down Medicham. Watch out for Sub/Will-O if you try to Sucker Punch with Bisharp.

Stall - HO has a bad matchup vs stall to begin with, and sometimes vs stall I wish I had PuP Lopunny instead of Medicham. Scarf Keldeo isn't as good as Specs vs stall and it's really hard to break fat Slowbro/Mega Sableye cores. Just try to predict and pray for the best lol.

There's obviously more, but those are the ones that stood out the most. The only possible change might be running Zen Headbutt/Ice Punch, as I hate getting walled by Mega Venusaur, but I usually leave Ice Punch. Play accordingly and this team is really fun to use! :]

I've tested this team quite a bit and I've had a lot of success with it, not sure why it's not receiving love bc it's definitely one of my favorite HO teams.
I want to point out some threats that I've faced and noticed that trouble this team. It is HO, however, so I obviously won't be picky and expect to have a switch-in for numerous things, so this is more of a heads-up for people who are going to use the team.

Mega Charizard-X - A bulky variant of this monster can set up on Rotom or scarf Keldeo. After one DD, it shreds through the team, and the only way of preventing it is not letting it set up or Fake Out + mind games with Bisharp.

Talonflame - Like Charizard-X, Talonflame can sweep after an SD. Just get your rocks up, keep Rotom healthy, and try to wear it down with Fake Out (and HJK on a roost). Don't let Rotom go down or else you might as well click x.

Thundurus - Lol, everything gets 2ohkoed, even ohkoed if weakened. Keep Bisharp alive for Sucker Punch. I can only hope this monster is life orb and then I usually use Medicham to wear it down, but priority T-Wave/Nasty Plot wrecks the team.

Azumarill - CB variants usually take two mons down if played well lol. Rotom, HP electric Keldeo, and flinching with Iron Head are usually my answer, but Azumarill can get worn down after a couple of attacks.

Trick Room - Weird, I know, but I got destroyed by a trick room team. You have to keep Bisharp alive for Trick Room setters.
Mega Heracross under Trick Room literally ohkoes every member bar Chomp, lol.

Mega Gardevoir - With hazards up, Mega Garde can 2ohko the whole team. Medicham's Bullet Punch usually does the job, but the teams Mega Garde likes (VoltTurn) usually have Lando-T and wear down Medicham. Watch out for Sub/Will-O if you try to Sucker Punch with Bisharp.

Stall - HO has a bad matchup vs stall to begin with, and sometimes vs stall I wish I had PuP Lopunny instead of Medicham. Scarf Keldeo isn't as good as Specs vs stall and it's really hard to break fat Slowbro/Mega Sableye cores. Just try to predict and pray for the best lol.

There's obviously more, but those are the ones that stood out the most. The only possible change might be running Zen Headbutt/Ice Punch, as I hate getting walled by Mega Venusaur, but I usually leave Ice Punch. Play accordingly and this team is really fun to use! :]

Thank you so much for the compliments and the criticism. Of course this team has a lot of flaws but it really is fun to use and I would put Zen but OHKO ing FatChomp / FatLando is too much of a good thing to give up. I usually have to keep Torna or Chomper really healthy for M-Venu.

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hey, nice team there, i am just going to suggest you some spreads change taken from the smogon dex n_n

• Rotom: EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
  • Tornadus: EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Perhaps you can try to play AV Sharp, since you have no real switch in to Latios who can spam Draco Meteor pretty easily once Tornadus is weakened, by Psychock or antoher mon. You will be able to play the mindgame and Pursuit things like M-Gardevoir with this to.

Here is the Bisharp.

Hope i helped :]

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
Thanks for the suggestion , it's a good idea. Don't know why I didn't think of that. Will try it and see how it does when I start laddering again.
In my opinion from testing the team, Latios isn't that much of a problem and giving up Life Orb really affects the power behind Bisharp's hits.
Also, I disagree with Teclis on the Torn-T spread; you want to keep max speed Timid in order to outspeed Alakazam. Do change Rotom's spread though, I missed that before.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man i saw the pm so here I am, to start i see this team the way i like to build strong mons + pivots like Roto-W and Torn-T in your case give Medi free switch ins to basically kill something bar sablaye ofc, that mon is annoying to deal with, as you mentioned in your threat list which i think is pretty short cuz Lopu/opposing Medi/ Keldeo / Bisharp and Diancie are huge threats but as you running offense guess is normal, i would like to suggest a couple thing that might help u:
  • First i think u need Zen Heatbutt>Ice Punch on Medicham is a solid stab move that hit the majority of switch ins so ice punch isnt than neccessary i understand that u want to HKO Bulky chomp but HJK murder that mon too, also a Jolly nature is needed to at least speed tie with opposing base 100 like ZardY which you dont have a switch in at all.
  • Next due to sableye being annoying as hell u can try Lum Berry > Life Orb on Bisharp this give you a chance to set up and try to flinch it / weaken enough for BP range or revenge it with another mon on your team.
  • To relieve a bit you diancie weakness i suggest running Iron Tail > Knock Off / Heat Wave on TOrn this help u agaisnt Gardevoir too doing like 60% ish and keep the u-turn to gain momentum and free switch ins to Medi.
  • and last bulky helmet chomp could be really usefull in your team because can switch into all the dangerous phisycal threats around there and doing a needed damage to revege them after.
Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 228 HP / 176 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast
hope i help u and gl

Igniizard

formerly denger
Hello Arik , you have a very nice team here.
I have used this in the ladder and it did very well , the only problem I'm having though is being walled by Venu with Medi , Torna is worn down very easily by rocks and poison damage so I think you would benefit more from having Zen Headbutt. Also mind changing your rotom to spdef ? that would give you a temporary thundy switch in and you don't have to risk Sucker punch or T-wave

Alright so after playing around with your team a bit and laddering up to the 1500s with it I've noticed a few things that can really help out your team.
First of all I'd change Bisharps item from Life Orb too Assault Vest as it provides a safer Lati@s switch in as you can live 2 Draco Meteors and change swords dance to Pursuit which means you could trap many threats such as the Latis and Mega Zam.
Another thing I noticed was that MManectric can really mess you up as Thunderbolt hits Tornadus, Keldeo, RotomW, and Mega Medicham doesn't wanna take one. HP Ice OHKOs Garchomp and Overheat OHKOs Bisharp. For this reason I'd suggest implementing a TTar somehwere in your team as it can set up rocks, pursuit trap and deal with MManectric. Maybe in place of Chomp? I'm not sure your choice, but apart from that this team is awesome. Good job man :D

Alright so after playing around with your team a bit and laddering up to the 1500s with it I've noticed a few things that can really help out your team.
First of all I'd change Bisharps item from Life Orb too Assault Vest as it provides a safer Lati@s switch in as you can live 2 Draco Meteors and change swords dance to Pursuit which means you could trap many threats such as the Latis and Mega Zam.
Another thing I noticed was that MManectric can really mess you up as Thunderbolt hits Tornadus, Keldeo, RotomW, and Mega Medicham doesn't wanna take one. HP Ice OHKOs Garchomp and Overheat OHKOs Bisharp. For this reason I'd suggest implementing a TTar somehwere in your team as it can set up rocks, pursuit trap and deal with MManectric. Maybe in place of Chomp? I'm not sure your choice, but apart from that this team is awesome. Good job man :D
The only problem I see with T-Tar taking over Chomp and SD over Pursuit on Bisharp is that you're slowly ridding the team of ways to deal with Mega Sableye. Other than that, the points you bring up are rather true.

Stole the team, because I absolutely love Medisharp cores, it's pretty solid so far. I havent worked out any glaring weaknesses.

There are a few glaring weaknesses , you'll find them out eventually and hope you can handle it. For example I always have to sack a Mon to Garde(most offensive teams do ) and Diancie , but it can be played around , just gets more annoying. You guys should also try Pursuit over Swords Dance , as I know it won't be that effective vs stall but this gets rid of Lati , Slowbro and stuff just so that you can smash stuff with M-cham more freely.

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ayy I loved using the team, one right predict and you're donking something. You should add Unaware Clefable+Keldeo as threatlist because it's rly annoying to face and with hazards up and Protect on HJK of Medi means you're quite fucked. Anyways an amazing team fam!

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ou-284714289

Heres a replay from showdown. I like this team and played some games with it and like other people have mentioned fairies are a tad hard to handle with this team. In the replay you see that Azu was a very hard switch it and I seen it mentioned earlier that you wanted to keep Ice Punch to hit Lando and Garchomp.

As you see I ohkod bulkychomp in one shot but of course with prior damage but still you see the power the Based Lord possesses. At times I wanted Zen Headbutt to hit Azu on the switch or with certainty instead of relying on HJK.

Imma try LO Torn over AV and use AV Bisharp that someone suggested earlier to see how that works.

Edit: Heres a battle with Stall with the aforementioned changes and I do like AV Bisharp although I havent been in a situation where Id need LOs power and Taunt on Torn has been working nicely

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ou-284782880

M-Manectric is a huge issue and the biggest threat to this team. Im going to switch Rotom to SpDef and see if that mitigates the issue.

Edit Edit: Ok so after more playing and getting up to 1488 at the most SpDef Rotom has put in serious work. Still hard to switch in to Azu even more after this change but Revenging Azu is easy and you dont lost much if you sack the right mon. Ive found myself falling back on Rotom in certain situations and he can nab that momentum to get Medicham in to just always get that kill. Kyurem-B would be a problem but because of Rotom Volting out you can bring in Chomp or Medi and kill it depending on set of course. Most people tend to lead with it if they have it so I lead Medi and proceed.

I changed Keldeo to Timid and its been good. Im not sure if Im outspeeding anything relevant but I mainly did because a random Darm outsped me lolz.

Other than that Zen Headbutt has been magical in beating certain mons and playing mind games with protect users. Lando-T isnt much of a problem even with losing Ice Punch. Medicham basically smacks everything around with ease using HJK especially after prior damage.

Team doesnt have many flaws and Ive just enjoyed using it.

Last edited:

Future

Banned deucer.
Hey Arik nice team, but I do have some changes to the team that I think would be most beneficial. Let's hop right into it.

• I know that you think a slower Rotom is good for momentum but the speed drop is crucial for belly drum Azumarill. Azumarill obviously outspeeds Rotom if you don't have the needed 44 speed to outspeed by 1 and that leaves little to no room for errors or your team loses. The momentum is great but the worst that happens is you lose a speed tie and volt switch into a burn, etc. which can be easily played around. So over I'd say go with this spread on Rotom-W:

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

• Next, You have a huge fairy weakness and no reliable or safe switch-in except torn-t for Sylveon, Mega-Garde, Mega-Diance, etc so I'd recommend putting Iron Tail on Torn-T to give it a safer way of removing fairies and it kind of forces them out which is where the U-Turn is a great niche combined with Iron Tail for a free switch-in to Medicham. Of course this is always just an alternative because having 3 moves with bad accuracy is always annoying.
Other than the threats you've labeled, I don't see much wrong with the team. It plays well and has good matchup with a lot of teams. Good luck and I hope I helped :]

Great team man! Disregarding the immense weakness to Altaria(which pretty much forced me to run Icy Wind on Keldeo to prevent it from sweeping me after a +1 boost), Thundurus, which kinda forces me to play around with HP Ice and Thunderbolt, in terms of switching from Garchomp to Bisharp, or even Keldeo in some rare cases, this team functions extremely well and is hands down the best HO OU team I've ever used in my life. Kudos to you for coming up with such a masterpiece. ^-^

Miridy

♩_♩
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey there.
As you stated Mega Sableye is quite a threat to you, mostly because Mega Medicham is complete fodder and you need to rely on Lum Berry Garchomp (who has problems against Foul Play variants) otherwise the rest of your team can get burned and you don't have many easy ways to take it out, another threat is Mega Altaria, specifically speaking both 2 attacks dd Mega Altaria and Heal Bell DD can set up and then proceed to attack you with an unresisted fairy type return, even Mega Medicham with Fake out and Bullet Punch does not have enough firepower to kill it.

First thing, I agree with changing Ice Punch to Zen headbutt not only it is a great stab who does not lets you lose half hp if it misses but along with Fake out allows Mega Medicham to kill Choice Band Azumarill, easeing your matchup against it.
I also believe you should consider Rocky Helmet Garchomp over your current one, while sd lum helps against Mega Sableye (when you don't get foul play'd) it is not the only way to deal with it but I'll get to that later, the residual damage will greatly help you against Mega Charizard x, Mega Altaria, Azumarill and Mega Gyarados.

Speaking of it, Mega Charizard is quite the threat to you, after a single Dragon Dance you need to rely on Keldeo, which cannot ohko it with Hydro Pump, sadly, it is not that much hard to find setup against Rotom-Wash or Tornadus-Therian due to their shaky stabs, or to a keldeo locked in hp electric or Secret Sword 8if zard hasn't mega evolved yet) or even to a scared Bisharp, mega Medicham being adamant and so losing majority of times the speed tie also does not help, so considering this I would try Double Status Rotom-Wash over your current one, this allows Rotom-Wash a way to cripple Mega Charizard x, Mega Altaria and Mega Gyarados all in one package, considering the nature of the team it is also not a big deal to lose Pain Split in order to get some speed control.

Lastly, in order to completely patch the weakness to Mega Charizard x, Mega Charizard y and Mega Altaria I would consider to run Choice Scarf Heatran over Keldeo you still get a fast choice scarf user able to outspeed Mega Lopunny, Weavile, Thundurus, Tornadus, Life orb Alakazam and the like but you now gain an additional fire resistor and most importantly fairy resistor, and will-o-wisp sponge for Mega Sableye, oh it also helps against Offensive Mega Scizor if by chance your Rotom-Wash was weakened enough so that a +2 bug bite would kill it.

Stuff:

Thunder Wave over Pain Split on

Heatran (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Flash Cannon

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic/ Endure

Zen Headbutt over Ice Punch on

Have fun!

Hello Arik,this is one of the best teams I've used this gen and I have to congratulate you.

I do think you should make some changes though, i changed keldeos nature to timid to always out speed charizrd x at +1. And gave iron tail on torn to make life easier vs diancie which is a huge threat. Also pursuit on bisharp comes in handy to trap stuff for median and keld but that would mean you getting solo'd
By mega slowbro.
Other than all of that I think you did a great job on this and wanted to tell you that. Thanks for the team btw lol.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello Arik, I only have a couple things to say since you've already gotten very good rates but here goes.

Electric types really do ruin this team, your only real hope of handling them is shakily checking them with Scarf Keldeo (and probably sacking to Paralysis if it's Prankster Thundurus).

I played this team more than once on the ladder with an Electric spam team and stuff like Manectric really gives you problems.
A pretty simple solution that I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet, is Yache Berry > Lum on your Garchomp. I think keeping your Chomp offensive is pretty crucial so Gardevoir doesn't get a free attack off on it.
Medicham already destroys Rotom-W if you predict that lead and you have Tornadus and your own Rotom to deal with the most common Scald users so I'm not sure how much use you're getting out of Lum Berry.
Yache lets you live Life Orb HP Ice from Thundurus from 64%, and you live Manectric's from 52% and then KO back with a STAB move or do enough damage to easily RK with Medicham. I'd also give Outrage > DClaw a try if you make this change so you can OHKO Thundurus after LO damage and to potentially OHKO Rotom-W at+2 (guaranteed after Rocks) before it can burn you. Same with Mega Sableye that switch in expecting Rocks. +2 EQ just barely misses the OHKO on the support set from full, while Outrage has an 81% chance to OHKO before it burns you. You'll also pressure stuff like Landorus-T and Gliscor a lot better. This one is up to personal preference though.

I really have to question your use of Modest Scarf Keldeo and am surpsised no one has pointed this out. You aren't really listing any relevant KOes that Modest gets to justify using it, so I'm gonna have to suggest Timid Scarf Keldeo so you aren't outsped by Scarfed Chomp, Scarf Kyurem-B, and primarily +1 Jolly Zard-X, which doesn't take much from Medicham's priority and can easily take advantage of Bisharp especially if you change out it's Life Orb as one rate suggested.
Keldeo also seems to be your main switch in to other Bisharp/Weavile switch besides maybe Rotom, so if you get Knocked Off, Modest leaves you outsped by Timid Gardevoir, Tail Glow Manaphy, Jolly Mega Medicham, Manectric before Mega Evolving, Timid Zard-Y, Terrakion, and other Keldeo. It's really just not a good idea.

That's all I have, hope I helped.

EDIT: Holy shit I did not notice how old this RMT was, someone was hella necro posting

Last edited:
Hello Arik, I only have a couple things to say since you've already gotten very good rates but here goes.

Electric types really do ruin this team, your only real hope of handling them is shakily checking them with Scarf Keldeo (and probably sacking to Paralysis if it's Prankster Thundurus).

I played this team more than once on the ladder with an Electric spam team and stuff like Manectric really gives you problems.
A pretty simple solution that I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet, is Yache Berry > Lum on your Garchomp. I think keeping your Chomp offensive is pretty crucial so Gardevoir doesn't get a free attack off on it.
Medicham already destroys Rotom-W if you predict that lead and you have Tornadus and your own Rotom to deal with the most common Scald users so I'm not sure how much use you're getting out of Lum Berry.
Yache lets you live Life Orb HP Ice from Thundurus from 64%, and you live Manectric's from 52% and then KO back with a STAB move or do enough damage to easily RK with Medicham. I'd also give Outrage > DClaw a try if you make this change so you can OHKO Thundurus after LO damage and to potentially OHKO Rotom-W at+2 (guaranteed after Rocks) before it can burn you. Same with Mega Sableye that switch in expecting Rocks. +2 EQ just barely misses the OHKO on the support set from full, while Outrage has an 81% chance to OHKO before it burns you. You'll also pressure stuff like Landorus-T and Gliscor a lot better. This one is up to personal preference though.

I really have to question your use of Modest Scarf Keldeo and am surpsised no one has pointed this out. You aren't really listing any relevant KOes that Modest gets to justify using it, so I'm gonna have to suggest Timid Scarf Keldeo so you aren't outsped by Scarfed Chomp, Scarf Kyurem-B, and primarily +1 Jolly Zard-X, which doesn't take much from Medicham's priority and can easily take advantage of Bisharp especially if you change out it's Life Orb as one rate suggested.
Keldeo also seems to be your main switch in to other Bisharp/Weavile switch besides maybe Rotom, so if you get Knocked Off, Modest leaves you outsped by Timid Gardevoir, Tail Glow Manaphy, Jolly Mega Medicham, Manectric before Mega Evolving, Timid Zard-Y, Terrakion, and other Keldeo. It's really just not a good idea.

That's all I have, hope I helped.
Thanks for the quality rate , yache actually helps vs a plethora of things. Can't believe no one including me has thought about that yet. Now that you mention it Modest really doesn't make that much of a difference since it can't kill thundy or mane from full either way.
One thing I have to disagree with you on is the Outrage > Dclaw thing , I prefer D claw as being locked into outrage would literally mean I get rekd by fairies even more. :p Landorus and Gliscor aren't even that big of threats to this team. Appreciate the rate though.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey there Arik, this is a pretty solid team, but it has a few weaknesses that need to be patched up.

Changes in bold (listed in order of Importance)

Change 1:
>

Your team is quite weak to a large number of offensive threats that usually run through these types of teams, and Azumarill should be able to help deal with most of these weaknesses, but beware that it makes you a tad bit weaker to thundy and garchomp, since it doesn't get a hit off vs them bar banded ajet, but my next change should patch up those weaknesses. CM Mega Sab is a huge threat to the team since you have scarf>specs on keldeo, and it can set up vs half your team if not more, so it is extremely annoying to deal with. As a result of this, banded azumarill is an excellent addition to the team since it easily ohkos sab with banded play rough. Next, DD Heal Bell MAlt is a huge threat to the team as it can set up vs rotom, keldeo, garchomp, and tornt since roost beats av hurricane and hurricane misses 9 3 out of every 10 times. Azumarill can tank a hit at +1, then OHKO with banded play rough as well as being another mon besides bisharp and medicham that malt can't set up vs. Additionally, your team really struggles vs Rain Sweeper Kingdra as it can murder rotom-w and keldeo with draco and does north of 50% with hydro pump lol, and the rest of your team gets straight bodied by its water STABs. Azumarill provides a switch into kingdra, being able to tank 3 hydros before going down (and they miss lol), being immune to draco is really nice vs choice specs variants, and Azu can straight up OHKO dra with banded play rough. Another mon that is very threatening to your team is DD Zardx since it can set up vs both of your water types and you have nothing to deal with its deadly STAB combo at +1 and have to rely on sucker punch mindgames in order to kill it. Azumarill resists flare blitz while being immune to whatever dragon STAB zardx decides to use, so it can easily check it and deal a metric fuckton of damage with one of its STAB moves. Azu also helps a lot vs DD Dnite since it can switch into outrage with ease, and it can take a +1 earthquake, only taking around 60-65%, and respond with banded play rough as with the rest of these threats. Azu shouldn't really get overwhelmed from checking so many mons at once since most are megas and the only two that actually fit on the same team are zardx and dnite, and im pretty sure that those two come up together less than scarf weavile lol.

Change 2:
>

Weavile is a nice offensive check that patches up a few of your weaknesses offensively, but it isn't a switch in for like anything, it just helps check a lot offensively. As many people have mentioned, Pretty much any variant of Thundurus is a huge threat to the team as it has hp ice coverage to shred garchomp and can body the rest of the team with tbolt. Weavlie outspeeds thundy and ohkos it with icicle crash, although it gets paralyzed if thundy uses prankster tbolt, but if thundy takes rocks damage and a round of LO recoil, then ice shard bypasses prankster and knocks out thundy easily. Weavile can't switch into thundurus except when garchomp is matched up with thundy and thundy goes for HP ice in order to beat garchohmp, then you can go into weavile, but this is risky in case they predict weavile to come in and use tbolt/focus blast. Weavile also helps with the malt weakness, bopping the thing with icicle crash and outspeeding +1 adamant alt. Weavile can also check Offensive Garchomp who can run through the team if it is like Lum SD chomp since it bops rotom at +2, outspeeds medicham, azu, bisharp, can tank a hit from tornt, and speed ties with your own chomp. Weavile can easily revenge kill chomp with icicle crash and OHKO it or threaten it out. Lastly, Weavile forms a potent darkspam core with bisharp and if bisharp runs SD, then weavile+bisharp can easily overpower common darkspam answers like rotom-w and ferrothorn. Low kick also allows weavile to lure in and cripple ferro, heatran, ttar, and others for the rest of the team. Weavile maintains the ability to check serp like tornt does as well as being a really nice anti-offense pokemon that is really fast and has a deadly dual STAB combo.

Change 3: Zen Headbutt > Ice Punch or Bullet punch on medicham
Since tornt has been taken off the team for weavile, you have a really hard time breaking
Mega Venusaur, so I highly recommend replacing either one of your not necessary moves on medicham in order to break it, and zen headbutt generally hits hard as fuck and is nice to use when hjk miss can really hurt you. Even if you keep tornt, i recommend making this change anyways because having a 70% accurate move as your only way to break a mon isn't exactly a formula for success.

Change 4:
>

Since you are really weak to
HP Ice Thundurus, and you have several mons to beat common status spreaders, I recommend running yache berry over lum berry to absorb incoming HP ice from thundy and respond by doing a ton of damage with dragon claw. Additionally, it lets you tank hp ice from other electrics and OHKO with earthquake as well as making garchomp not instantly drop to mons that try to lure it like icy wind tornt.

Conclusion: All of these changes are optional, and you can choose to make any number of them that you want, but assuming that you make these changes, you can check a ton of threats a lot better and be much more comfortable against said threats. Your matchup vs many popular playstyles becomes significantly better with these changes and the team overall feels really nice with these changes, but you definitely have to play a bit more carefully with weavile than you have to with tornt since it is frailer, but it ends up being much better on this team, and I hope that you have good luck with this team in the future.

Sets:
Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Medicham @ Medichamite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch/Ice Punch

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance

Century Express

melodies of life
is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
I like the idea of Mega wallbreaker + Volturn, especially when this team actually attracts Heatran or Rotom switch-ins for Torn-T, or Ferro switch-ins vs Rotom. But the main problem that i feel is Bisharp combination just isn't "enough" to cover some threats. Even though he is designed to weaken Medicham's checks like Psychic-type mons and a few Fairy-types, Bisharp actually struggles vs Thunder Wave + Calm Mind Clefable in practice, and i honestly don't see you killing it after Bisharp getting para'd, especially with Life Orb recoil, which makes him fail to revenge kill Clefable if he reaches a 70~80% HP range.

I would use Thunder Wave over Will-O-Wisp on Rotom, not only to cover Clefable, but because Medicham absolutely likes Thunder Wave support. It allows you to pick Lati Twins and Mega-Venu off-guard and smash them with a appropriate coverage move on their next switch-in, while it avoids Zard X and Mega Altaria from using your own Rotom-W as a set-up bait. It's more up to personal preference, but Lum Berry on Bisharp is another cool pick, so you can lure Mew and Talonflame switch-ins, removing both of them from the scene after absorbing their WoW, and thus giving more space for Medicham to wallbreak. Good job o:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Just wondering, but how do you currently deal with Mega Manectric? At this point, if it gets in safely it's guaranteed to hit something hard. You've got nothing that even likes taking repeated Volt Switches and need to rely on priority or scarf keldeo to revenge. Not that you'll get the chance often, as it'll Volt Switch on any non Garchomp Pokemon you have and just keep chipping away at your team. Not that it's going to get the chance to sweep often, rocks + your revenge killers will ensure that. It just looks like a bitch to play around currently. Best suggestion I can think of is either YacheChomp as a lure, or Sr hippo with Whirlwind or Toxic to discourage set up sweepers in its stead. The latter change helps a lot with Thundy too even if you have less offensive momentum.

Just wondering, but how do you currently deal with Mega Manectric? At this point, if it gets in safely it's guaranteed to hit something hard. You've got nothing that even likes taking repeated Volt Switches and need to rely on priority or scarf keldeo to revenge. Not that you'll get the chance often, as it'll Volt Switch on any non Garchomp Pokemon you have and just keep chipping away at your team. Not that it's going to get the chance to sweep often, rocks + your revenge killers will ensure that. It just looks like a bitch to play around currently. Best suggestion I can think of is either YacheChomp as a lure, or Sr hippo with Whirlwind or Toxic to discourage set up sweepers in its stead. The latter change helps a lot with Thundy too even if you have less offensive momentum.
I used to revenge kill it with like Keld with Hydro after rocks or with Bish and Medi if weakened. Yeah I used YacheChomp in the OU suspect and it really does help a shit-ton more. Making Mane and Thundy and Raikou a lot easier to deal with. I really don't like Hippo as a Pokemon since it's way too passive , just a personal opinion though.

Hi arik, grats on peak.

I already faced this team and I noticed your team is kinda weak to electric mons, especially Thundurus and Mega Manectric, since your only way to kill them would be to force the switch on SR and hit them with priorities . Sableye(mega) and Azumarill as you already said are 2 other threats for the team since you have not a safe switch-in on them.This is what I'm suggesting you:

>
Raikou instead of Keldeo , Raikou with SubCM set is often a WinCon and more win the 1vs1 against Sableye(Mega) and is 1 good check of Azumarill(which is a setup), Manectric(Mega) and Thundurus.
After you replace Keldeo with Raikou, Garchomp is your only good switch against Bisharp and that's why I'd suggest you to give him the bulky set.

Sets:
Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute

That's all i hope i helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)