Meet the A-Team (Peaked #4!)

Meet the A-Team
[youtube]_MVonyVSQoM[/youtube]​

Introduction

After a period of time playing OU I was building all sorts of teams from sun to sand stall to HO. While these team's Pokes were good and the Pokes did their jobs, the teams didn't seem to go anywhere meaning I wasn't going anywhere. I grew frustrated by this. Thus, I decided to sit down and put some deep thought and focus into the team building. Needless to say, I got farther than I ever did before and peaked #17 on the ladder, which was good enough by my standards [too bad PO is trolling me and not letting me enter my PW right to go any farther :(]. With Keldeo looming around the corner, and the amount I've played with this team, I feel it is a good time to show everyone. This team has been my go-to team for awhile now, deserving the title of being the A-Team. I put a lot of thought into this team and I hope you get something out of this. Now meet the A-team!

Note: Words in Blue denote something changed

Edit: Thanks guys, with the changes I peaked #4 @ 1466

The Team-Building Process

Tabula Rasa. I knew when I began I wanted to begin with a very strong attacker, specifically one that had strong priority. The first thing that popped in my head was Mamoswine. However, I like Pokes that can act as a team player and can switch in easily, which definitely was not the case with Mamoswine due to its amount of weaknesses. Dragonite fell in a similar boat since it almost entails Rapid Spin support. I then settled on our forgotten friend Conkeldurr. He sports an awesome base 140 attack and it shows he means business. Guts makes him a team player by making him a status absorber and he has priority Mach Punch, exactly what I am looking for.
In the second step I knew that the only wall that really stands in Conkeldurr's way is Gliscor as Skarmory struggles in front of a boosted Conkeldurr. At first I thought about Rotom-W only to realize he struggles with SubToxic sets. I wanted a Poke that could beat ALL Gliscor sets. It turns out Gengar can! As one of my favorite Pokemon I was more than happy to include it on the team and it formed a nice offensive combo with Conkeldurr. Gengar can take out those pesky Psychics and powerful special attackers that stand in Conkeldurr's way while easily setting up on or killing Gliscor.
I knew to use Conkeldurr the most efficiently and to get him to sweep teams, paralysis support would really help. I wanted a Pokemon that could phaze the opponent's team while T-waving them. From my knowledge, Dragonite was the master of just that. Dragonite would provide crucial resists for the team and he could get the job of spreading paralysis done. With Dragonite in tow, it was time for some spin support...
Wait... No, no, no, no. Having support, for a supporter? And that Rapid Spinner will also most likely need Wish support? I knew this wasn't the right path to go down and continuing this cycle of constantly adding support wasn't going to make a good team. I looked into it further to see what Pokemon could phaze while still spreading paralysis. I found Latias and she seemed like the perfect choice. She still provides the resistances that Dragonite provided while also forming a nice Fighting-Psychic-Ghost core with Gengar and Conkeldurr: without the SR weakness.
At this point I had a Ghost-type and a phazer. It could have been difficult, but it was clear what the 4th step was going to be. That combo was a perfect fit to introduce a hazard setter into the mix. Hazards could help Conkeldurr sweep and allow me to easily go on the defensive. So naturally I added Ferrothorn to the team. Ferrothorn is bar-none the best Spikes setter in the game and it provides a lot nifty resists to the team: making the next steps easier. Specifically it gives that crucial Dragon resist and it can take those hits from both sides of the spectrum. I knew I could always change it up later, but it turned out I didn't need to do so.
At this point I noticed a few things about my team. First off, it was terribly week to Trick Room Reuniclus if it got set up. The second thing was that the team was on the slow side, meaning my only chance to hit sweepers with boosted speed would be with Conkeldurr's Mach Punch. DD Salamence and Dragonite were particularly worrying. It seemed all was lost until it dawned on me the most used Poke in the metagame could deal with all of these: Scizor. Scizor's help would greatly alleviate any problems Conkeldurr had with Reuniclus or the team had with Dragons.
I still needed one essential component to my team: a Stealth Rock setter. This was quite limiting due to Stealth Rock being mostly exclusive to Steel, Rock, and Ground types. Having two quadruple Fire-weaknesses I sought a Pokemon that could resist Fire-type attacks that could set SR. TTar could have been a good choice, but I don't want a Sand team. Looking at typings, Swampert was the only other OU-viable SR setter that resisted Fire. He could switch into Scizor's Bullet Punch and dent stuff with EQ. It looked like the team was set!
It didn't look too good, Swampert couldn't take the repeated Sun-boosted Fire attacks that I expected it could. On top of that, I found out the hard way that its EQ was weaksauce and SD Scizor could just bypass it with Bug Bite. I also felt like my team was lacking offensive presence and found itself having a hard time breaking through some Steels, needing to rely on all Fighting moves. My team needed more "elemental attacks" (think water, fire, ice, electric) that it currently lacked. It took awhile until I realized Heatran would be a good fit (sneaky, resist by ability not by typing). Heatran could do EVERYTHING I needed: set SR well, kill steels, take on SD Scizor, and wall Sun teams. With his incorporation, the A-team was formed!

Meet the Team

Conkeldurr

Baracus (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef (3 Speed IV's)
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Drain Punch
- Payback
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up​

Conkeldurr is the main sweeper of this team and a massively underrated one as well. Conkeldurr serves many important roles on the team apart from being a nasty sweeper, particularly when the opponent's team is paralyzed. Guts allows Conkeldurr to be the team's designated status absorber and should the opponent status it, they will pay a mighty price. Status puts Conkeldurr's attack to 624 from his already massive 416 attack. At that point, Mach Punch becomes more powerful than my CB Scizor's I believe and it could prove crucial in a sweep where he needs to power through something. Conkeldurr's second role is acting as my primary Tyranitar switch-in, which my other team mates would have difficulty to switch into without full knowledge of its moveset.

What I like about Conkeldurr so much is that he often finds the opportunity to set up more than once a match. He can always create havoc for the opponent. The moveset and the EV's are the ones on-site and they prove great. The three speed IV's are for outspeeding base 110's and Terrakion if they are paralyzed (I lost a game to a paralyzed terrakion that was faster lol). Drain Punch is the reliable STAB which provides crucial health and does good damage even when unboosted. Payback was chosen simply because it actually means Conkeldurr can beat Jellicent; an important defensive threat to beat for Scizor, Heatran, and Ferrothorn. Mach Punch plays an important role on this team for being the second string of defense against Terrakion and for providing a way to beat boosted threats. Oftentimes, I find Conkeldurr less bulky than I think him to be, but that is an issue on my end. Overall he is a great poke and provides a lot of utility with priority, sweeping, and status absorption.

Gengar

Murdock (Gengar) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Disable​

Gengar is often a poke that finds itself on my teams. I don't know whether it is a predisposition of him being one of my favorite Pokes or him being good which makes him so common. That aside, Gengar is probably the most dynamic Poke on my team by combining the defensive and offensive aspects of the team. It is pretty surprising since without the Disable buff, this team wouldn't be possible. Gengar is aimed to beat every Gliscor out there for Conkeldurr and the SubDisable set does just that. TauntSD, Acrobatics, or SubToxic are the most common Gliscor sets and if Gengar comes in on a well timed Earthquake he shuts them all down. Gengar isn't here just to beat Gliscor for Conkeldurr, but to hammer the Psychic types that threaten Conkeldurr. Lati@s, Reuniclus, Slowbro and Celebi all fear Gengar's Shadow Ball. Oftentimes, if Conkeldurr isn't the one to sweep it is Gengar. Hazards make up for his lack of power with Leftovers instead of Life Orb. His high speed coupled with his good coverage behind a Substitute may spell the end of a game for an opponent (especially since free subs come so often).

Apart from Gengar's offensive duties, his tie to the defensive part of the team is to block Rapid Spin. SubDisable is potent in doing so since the spinners become helpless in front of Gengar and are forced out to take another round of hazards. Of course SubDisable also aids with walling certain threats such as Terrakion and Breloom. On my team, Gengar has proven very valuable. So good I think he is irreplaceable.

Latias

Brains (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Dragon Pulse / Psyshock
- Roar
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

If you want a good example of glue this is it. Latias has a few perks compared to her paralysis spreading cousin Dragonite. Latias lacks a Stealth Rock weakness making her much easier to switch in and to heal up. The lack of a Rock weakness also helps, particularly against Terrakion and Landorus. Speaking of those two, speed is a very big difference. I wish I could see the look on people's faces when Latias outspeeds and T-waves their Terrakion. That being said that high speed helps a lot versus other phazers and higher speed threats. Latias does a very good job at spreading paralysis, the set being unorthodox really catches people off guard. Roar is the crux of this set and is a key component of utilizing the entry hazards provided by Ferrothorn and Heatran. Of course it also helps against stat boosters.

Defensively Latias is interesting since it can shut down sun and rain teams. Sun has nightmares dealing with Latias+Heatran and rain with Latias+Ferrothorn. In a way she acts as the centerpiece of the defensive aspect of the team. Sorta like a Bulky water from 4th Gen she can pretty much take a hit from anything. However, I have thought about replacing Latias with the Dragonite I have mocked before due to two reasons: Volcarona and Pursuit. I have found it very annoying how she can have he life cut short due to the ridiculous amount of Scizor's and Ttar's running around. My team is also weak to Volc and Dnite is one of the best checks against it. Lastly, I have thought about a very bulky spread, since if I run speed it is max speed or bust I tried it and speed is the way to go to beat other phazers and paralyze even fast things.

The choice between Psyshock and Dragon Pulse is hard, but it seems Psyshock patches up a few issues. The first is now I have a way to reliably take out Tentacruel. The chance to get it in on Tentacruel isn't far fetched. As my phazer if Latias brings Tentacruel it will be tempted to spin the hazards away. Second it gives a decent way to deal with unboosted Conkeldurr besides Gengar. However, Psyshock isn't as good as finishing off weakened Pokemon from hazards and doesn't let me hit slower Dragons super-effectively. Right now the nod is towards Psyshock but both are equally good.

Ferrothorn

The Faceman (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed / Stealth Rock
- Protect / Gyro Ball
- Spikes
This is the set I use on Ferrothorn even though it looks a bit strange. On this team Ferrothorn needs to stick around which is where Leech Seed+Protect comes in. Leech Seed+Protect turns Ferrothorn from an obstacle to a full on wall which is very annoying to take down. Oftentimes the course of action against Dragon's is to Leech Seed them and Protect accordingly. If I get an opposing Dragon to Outrage, Leech Seed+Iron Barbs will start to slowly deplete the opponents health. Ferrothorn's ability to take Dragon attacks from both spectrum is imperative to the success of the team. However, to deal with Volcarona more easily, Stealth Rock could be incorporated over Protect Leech Seed to make room on Heatran's moveset.

I really enjoy protect on Ferrothorn mostly to scout opposing Choiced pokes. It is a very powerful tool to see what opposing Latios', Hydreigon's, Rotom-W's, and Landorus' will do a switch accordingly to an immunity. Power Whip was chosen to smack the Rapid Spinners (specifically Starmie)/waters that might stand in Ferrothorn's way and trouble any TR Reuniclus'. Spikes of course is the main reason to use Ferrothorn as it makes playing defensively or sweeping much easier.

The Luxury of Leech Seed+Protect was given up to put in Stealth Rock on Ferrothorn. Spikes+SR+Leech Seed is illegal so Leech Seed has now been replaced by Gyro Ball. I guess now I have Gyro Ball to harm Dragons instead of residual damage, but the luxury of scouting choiced moves will be missed. I will say that Gyro Ball has helped a lot against Lum DD Dragonite and it is so satisfying to take 67% off of it. It also is a bit harder to SR up on Sun teams, but then again it is now easier to set up on Rain (I can handle sun much easier anyway offensively). While Ferrothorn's longevity is shortened, it is a necessary step to take on Volcarona.

Scizor

Bullets (Scizor) (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Atk / 188 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower​

The most popular set in the game makes a return on this team. When I first used it I thought Scizor was overrated weaksauce considering the amount I did to a Salamence (at that point I never used CB Scizor before). I then noticed I was using Swarm :naughty: and the flip to Technician made it show its true colors. In a metagame were Terrakion and Dragons reign supreme, Scizor remains the first line of offensive presence to stop them. Bullet Punch allows me to revenge most things that get too out of hand for my team to handle. It also proves crucial in late game situations where cleanup is necessary. Scizor is able to accomplish this due to the amount of hazards provided by his teammates. Hazards also makes Scizor's use of U-turn very effective in racking up damage.

You may be curious as to why Scizor is invested so heavily into Special Defense. The special defense EV's allow Scizor to combat and trap Reuniclus much more comfortably, whether it be the threatening TR version or the Calm Mind variant. It can be used to switch into Latios' Draco Meteor or Surf and proceed to trap it, a necessary task in order for Conkeldurr and Latias to function properly. The specific EV's are for surviving two Focus Blasts from Lefties Gengar after SR.

Heatran

Hannibal (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, - Atk) / Rash Nature (+SAtk, - SpD)
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Stealth Rock / Rock Slide

Heatran was the last Pokemon added to the team and ties up any previous issues. Heatran is the designated Stealth Rock setter and a very good one, capitalizing on all the switches he forces. It is the standard set with Air Ballon and Dragon Pulse. Air Balloon was chosen as it provides a secondary means to combat Gliscor should I keep it intact. It also has a defensive purpose: with an intact Air Ballon physical Dragons are forced to Outrage. The forced Outrage means that I can switch to Ferrothorn or if I am at high health I can kill them with Dragon Pulse. Speaking of Dragon Pulse, it was chosen due to the being the better move overall (IMO). It hits Latios and Latias much harder (HP Ice only does 37% to Latias!) while still hitting Dnite and Salamence hard. Both are KO'ed after SR anyway making HP Ice unnecessary. It also gives an option to hit Rotom-W (paralyzed or on the switch), which I have found occurs often. The Modest Nature was chosen to hit as hard as possible since Balloon bypasses the Speed against other Heatran and because of the paralysis support from Latias.

Heatran's main defensive duty is to disrupt Sun teams and to take Volcarona. While Heatran is great against Sun team, it struggles against Volcarona that repeatedly Quiver Dance. An unorthodox solution is to use HP Rock to hit Volcarona hard. Even at +2, HP Rock still manages to deal 50% to Bulky Morning Sun Volcarona.

As per suggestion, Rock Slide was put in over Stealth Rock on Heatran's moveset. Rock Slide can take on and 2HKO any Volcarona unlike Hidden Power Rock that gets weaker after every boost. A Rash nature was chosen since Heatran often tanks physical hits from Dragons and the special moves he does stay in on to resist are either 4x resisted or have no effect at all (Fire). Like Hannibal himself, Heatran just makes the team work and has unorthodox moves. He wraps it up: "I love it when a plan comes together".

Importable
Conkeldurr (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Drain Punch
- Payback
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Disable

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Roar
- Recover

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Atk / 188 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Rock Slide

Conclusion

True balance is something that I think is becoming increasingly rare in BW: a playstyle incorporating walls, a sweeper, and utility pokes. Sand Volt-Turn, rain stall, and HO seem to be the big boys on the ladder. It is hard for balance to succeed with all of that pressure, but it can be done with thoughtful decisions.

If there is one thing that I would want you to take away from this RMT, it is if you want to build successful teams just think through each choice of a team mate. Sometimes the thing that might make your team succeed is a slight EV adjustment or an unorthodox move change, think/be outside the box (not too outside though)! If you can do it and succeed, maybe your team, can be like the A-team!

Standard OU Offensive Threats

Tyranitar:
  • Choice Band - Ferrothorn, Conkeldurr (prediction heavy)
  • Choice Scarf - Conkeldurr, Ferrothorn Pursuit is annoying, but anything that Pusuits proceeds to get set up on by Conkeldurr
  • Dragon Dance - Say hi to Mach Punch and Bullet Punch
Rotom-W:
  • Choice Scarf / Specs - Latias can paralyze it and Ferrothorn can handle it, even kill it
  • Support - same as above
Scizor:
  • Choice Band - Ferrothorn and Conkeldurr depending on what it is going to do. Heatran kills it
  • Swords Dance - Heatran can kill it easily. If possible paralyze with Latias and hope Conkeldurr can take it out.
  • Bulky Swords Dance - Again Heatran kills it easily, just have to watch out. A bit easier to deal with if I can seed with Ferrothorn
Dragonite:
  • Choice Band - Very prediction heavy, but Heatran and Ferrothorn can switch in. Gengar and Latias outspeed (gengar is immune to espeed)
  • Dragon Dance - Force the Outrage with Heatran. Proceed to weaken it or outright kill it with Ferrothorn. If weakened I can revenge with Scizor.
  • Mixed - Try to hit it with Latias and make sure SR is down. Very prediction heavy if I use Ferrothorn and Heatran
  • Parashuffler - Just keep switchin in Ferrothorn and waste Dragon Tail PP with Protect.
  • Rain Abuse - Ferrothorn and paralyze with Latias (annoying set)
Politoed:
  • Choice Specs / Scarf - Ferrothorn and Latias handle it very nicely. Scout with Protect and act accordingly.
  • 3 Attacks - Paralyze with Latias. Bit more difficult to switch around with Ferrothorn.
Heatran:
  • Standard - My own Heatran or Latias. Paralyze with Latias and Mach isn't needed to make a dent. HP Ice only does 37% to Latias lol silly heatrans
Jirachi:
  • Substitute + Calm Mind / Wish + Calm Mind - Try to phaze out with Latias and rack up entry hazard damage, maybe even paralyze to take out with Conkeldurr. Oftenmeans I get paralyzed in the process
  • Expert Belt - Never seen one but depending on the elemental punch it can be taken on by Heatran, Ferrothorn, or Latias. Try to kill with Heatran
  • Choice Scarf - Ferrothorn and Heatran get the job done.
Latios:
  • Life Orb / Expert Belt - Depending on whether it runs HP Fire or not, I can take it on with Scizor or Gengar.
  • Choice Scarf / Specs - Ferrothorn is the primary switch in, on HP Fires try to get back in with Heatran.
  • Calm Mind - Try to take it out with Scizor and possibly Gengar early.
Reuniclus:
  • Calm Mind - SubDisable Gengar, Latias, and Sp. def Scizor means it is not going anywhere
  • Offensive Trick Room - I am reliant on Scizor to switch in and force this thing out. Without Scizor trapping it or killing it it could give my team a run for its money. Last resort is Ferrothorn's slower Power Whip
Haxorus:
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Ferrothorn and Gengar with Brick Break (very tricky)
  • Dragon Dance - Ferrothorn with priority help
  • Double Dance - Ferrothorn with help from Scizor and Conkeldurr taking it out
Ninetales:
  • Nasty Plot - Heatran kills and Latias paralyzes
  • Choice Specs - Heatran and Latias
  • Special Attacker - Heatran and Latias
Conkeldurr:
  • Bulk Up - Surprisingly I have a weakness to Conkeldurr myself. Have to rely on SubDisable Gengar to stop it (plz don't mach punch) and if it does Mach Punch take it out with Heatran
  • Flame Orb + 3 Attacks - Hazards might be able to get to it, trickey switching to take it out with Gengar
Celebi:
  • Nasty Plot Sweeper - Between Heatran, Latias, Gengar, and Scizor and don't think this is going anywhere...
  • Tinkerbell - Annoying but depending on its 2nd attacking move Scizor or Latias. Can take it out with Heatran and Latias but I don't want them paralyzed
  • Choice Specs / Choice Scarf - Never seen one but I guess I could pursuit trap with Scizor
Terrakion: Terrakion is a dick and makes everything a 50% / 50% game on whether or not you will get mauled on the switch. surprisingly this team is pretty anti-terrakion
  • Double Dance - Walled by Sub-disable Gengar, taken out by Bullent Punch and Mach Punch
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Very Careful switching. If I predict correctly it could be a free sub for Gengar! Bullet Punch and Mach Punch take it out
  • Substitute + Swords Dance - FU say bye to one Poke that breaks the sub. SubDisable walls it and after a broken sub bullet punch and mach punch.
Gyarados:
  • Offensive / Bulky Dragon Dance - Ferrothorn with Power Whip+Protect and Latias
  • Choice Band / Choice Scarf - same here
Gengar:
  • Substitute + Disable / Pain Split - Try to Pursuit with Scizor and tank a hit with Conk. It could be problematic but it never is
Starmie:
  • Life Orb - Ferrothorn and try to weaken it to nab it with priority
  • Rapid Spin - Proceeds to ruin my whole strategy by spinning away my precious hazard. If I can tank a hit (ie. non-rain) i switch scizor on the rapid spin and pursuit
  • Choice Specs - Ferrothorn
Landorus:
  • Rock Polish / Swords Dance - Rock Polish would be a nightmare for this team, good thing no one uses it. Outspeedeing with Gengar and Latias is key possibly uses Scizors bullet punch
  • Choice Scarf - Care prediction is required, but if I protect Scout with Ferrothorn I know if I can stay in or switch out to a Levitator
  • Substitute + 3 Attacks - Latias will Roar it out. Maybe I could smack it with heatran
Infernape:
  • Mixed Attacker - Latias walls it, Gengar outspeeds
  • Nasty Plot / Swords Dance Booster - Same here, just attack more and paralyze
  • Choice Band - Tricky with U-turn but all good if it is paralyzed
Volcarona: Biggest threat to the team by far since it resists both priorities. Game plan is to get hazards down asap and Gengar will use loose life and limb (oh wait) to save them. Proceed to phaze the team with Volcarona on it and if it gets sent in hit it with a Dragon Pulse
  • Offensive Quiver Dance - Wear it down with Heatran
  • Bulky Quiver Dance - Heatran needs a crit in the sun
  • Chesto Rest - Wear it down and at the right moment send in a priority user very tricky
  • Substitute - Again crits needed with heatran
Magnezone:
  • Substitute - annoying but if it traps Ferrothorn I can phaze it out with Latias and take it on easily
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Specs - Wear it down with hazards and Latias. Mach Punch with Conkeldurr
Espeon:
  • Calm Mind - Use Scizor and get it early with Gengar
  • Bulky Sun Attacker / Passer - Use Scizor/Gengar (if it runs hp fire) and uses Heatran's new found sun-boosted fire move to take it down.
Salamence:
  • Dragon Dance - Trickey switching and Scizors Bullet Punch. Heatran with a ballon forces the Outrage
  • Mixed - Try to get it early with Latias and Gengar. Again if it doesn't carey the fighting move force the outrage with heatran
  • Defensive - Heatan easily takes it
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Send in Ferrothorn most of the time and if a fire move is coming use ballon Heatran. Scizor can nab a weakened one with Bullet Punch
Hydreigon:
  • Offensive - Harder to switch around with but it falls to Mach Punch, making it much easier to deal with than other Dragons
  • Choice Specs / Choice Scarf - Careful switching and priority
  • Substitute - I could see it giving me trouble, its more threatening but the gameplan is the same
Breloom: Finding someone to sleep is annoying
  • Bulk Up - Sub Disable Gengar, Latias, and kill it with Heatran
  • Sub Seed - Sub Disable Gengar and Latias
  • Sub Punch - Sub Disable Gengar and Latias
Latias:
  • Calm Mind - Try to paralyze it and wreck havoc with Scizor or Gengar whether or not it runs hp fire
  • Offensive Tank - Ferrothorn, HP Fire means its Gengar time
Toxicroak:
  • Swords Dance - Kinda tricky but if I paralyze it I can take it out with Heatran
  • Bulk Up - Gengar and Latias (phaze) take it all day lol Sucker Punch
Lucario:
  • Swords Dance - Gengar can take him and paralyze with Latias. Conkeldurr can force Espeed with Mach Punch. Damn Bullet Punch is used by some now...
  • Nasty Plot - Could give me trouble but then Gengar completely walls it or can take it out
Virizion:
  • Calm Mind - Paralyze with Latias and proceed to phaze
  • Swords Dance - paralyze and phaze with Latias
  • Dual Screens - Never seen one I don't even know
Scrafty:
  • Dragon Dance - Conkeldurr and Scizor in tandem
  • Bulk Up - SubDisable Gengar and Conkeldurr
Venusaur:
  • Special Growth - Heatran
  • Mixed Growth - Latias
  • SubSeed - Latias and Heatran (so annoying)
Metagross:
  • Stealth Rock - Ferrothorn and Heatran
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Ferrothorn
  • Agility - Ferrothorn
Mienshao:
  • All-Out Attacker - Gengar, try to paralyze with Latias
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Gengar and Latias (tricky)
Cloyster:
  • Shell Smash - Priority go go! Try to take it out early though
  • Utility - Conkeldurr will gladly set up on it and Gengar can take it out
Mamoswine:
  • Physical Attacker - Heatran on a Ballon and priority from Scizor and Conkeldurr
  • Focus Sash + Endeavor - Take it out early game with Conkeldurr with Drain Punch+Mach Punch
Darmanitan:
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Gotten be careful to switch around, Heatran on the Flare Bliitz and Latias for the other stuff. Wear it down with hazards and the take it out with priority
Tornadus:
  • Rain Abuser - Try to paralyze it with Latias and take it out with Bullet Punch
  • Choice Specs - Can two shot every poke on my team. Wear down with SR and catch it with Scizor's Bullet Punch
Abomasnow:
  • Choice Scarf - Heatran and Conkeldurr
  • SubSeed - Heatran, hard to check with Conkeldurr when it is behind a sub
  • Mixed Attacker - Scizor and Conkedurr take it out. Balloon intact means I can take it out with heatran
Alakazam:
  • Substitute + 3 Attacks - Scizor.
  • Offensive Calm Mind - Try to pursuit trap with Scizor
  • Focus Sash - Hit it with Scizor and if it at 1 percent that means conkeldurr can actually take it out with mach punch
Azelf:
  • Dual Screens - Hit it hard with Gengar or stall the screens out
  • Lead - Take it out with Gengar and set up a sub if it doesn't Taunt
  • Nasty Plot - Scizor
  • Choice Band - pursuit trap with scizor
Azumarill:
  • Choice Band - Tricky switchs but Ferrothorn and Latias can take water attacks
Deoxys-D:
  • Fast Spiker - Scizor+Gengar combo
Dugtrio:
  • Focus Sash - Keep Ballon intact on heatran. mostly harmless since the guys that can be trapped have priority besides Ferrothorn. hazards means the sash does not stay
  • Choice Band - play carefully with heatran and try to take it out with priority. if someone dies to eq, set up with gengar
Empoleon:
  • Agility - Ferrothorn+conkeldurr's mach punch
  • Choice Specs - Ferrothorn+Conkeldurr's mach punch
Gorebyss:
  • SmashPass - keep latias at high health to paralyze and phaze. use priority if it passes
  • Shell Smash Sweeper - Ferrothorn
Kingdra:
  • Dragon Dance - Ferrothorn
  • Rain Dance - Ferrothorn
Kyurem:
  • Choice - Ferrothorn and priority
  • Substitute + 3 Attacks - Take out the sub with latias and try to revenge it. hazards are key
Victini:
  • Choice Band / Scarf - Heatran and Latias, try to wear down with hazards
  • Physical Attacker - Gengar can take it out
Stoutland:
  • Choice Band - Ferrothorn and Conkeldurr's Mach Punch. This guy is such weaksauce he can't kill Gengar with Pursuit
Smeargle:
  • Baton Pass - have something put to sleep and phaze with Latias. Try to take it out early with conkeldurr with mach punch
Sharpedo:
  • Speed Boost - Ferrothorn and Conkeldurr
Rotom-C:
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Specs - Latias and Heatran
  • Support - Latias and Heatran

Standard OU Defensive Threats

Tyranitar:
  • Specially Defensive - Set up bait for conkeldurr and hit hard with scizor
Rotom-W:
  • Standard - Paralyze with Latias, Ferrothorn can whack it with power whip
Ferrothorn:
  • Standard - Heatran and Conkeldurr are the best ways to take it out. However Gengar and Scizor can use their fighting-type coverage
Politoed:
  • Defensive - Ferrothorn and paralyze with latias
Gliscor:
  • Swords Dance - Gengar and attack with Heatran on a baloon
  • Substitute + Protect - Gengar and Heatran love free switches
  • AcroBat - SubDisable Gengar and Heatran but fuck hax
  • Defensive - Gengar and Heatran
Heatran:
  • Specially Defensive - Heatran and paralyze with latias. can take out with conkeldurr
Jirachi:
  • Specially Defensive - Ferrothorn uses it as Spikes setup. The game plan to take it out is with Heatran and Conkeldurr.
Skarmory:
  • Physically Defensive Spiker - Unboosted, Skarmory can come in and counter conkeldurr. Eventually Spikes can take its toll on the team. The game plan here is to try to take it out with Gengar or Heatran
  • Specially Defensive Spiker - Much easier to deal with considering the lesser amount of defensive investment, the harder it is hit by conkeldurr. Although it makes it harder to break with Gengar
Ninetales:
  • Specially Defensive - Heatran and Latias can go the paralysis
Celebi:
  • Physically Defensive - I try to take it out with Heatran and Gengar considerng it is an impediment to Conkeldurr's sweep
Forretress:
  • Physically Defensive Spiker - Gengar comes in on the Rapid Spin and proceeds to do some sub diable shenangians and Heatran can kill it
  • Specially Defensive Spiker - Same as above. I should note that Forretress can become setup bait for Conkeldurr.
Gyarados:
  • RestTalk - I can see this being extremely annoying to take out. My plan of action would be to get SR down and phaze with Latias. It is pretty rare though.
Jellicent:
  • Utility Counter - Can be problematic for Scizor, Heatran, and Ferrothorn. Luckily, Conkeldurr can beat Jellicent one on one with Payback. Gengar can also handily kill Jellicent. Without those two, it becomes a game of trying to wear it down with hazards.
Tentacruel:
  • Toxic Spikes - Tentacruel in the rain is possibly one of the most obnoxious things to take out in the game. His rapid spinning prowess doesn't help either. The key to beating Tentacruel is smart play with Sub-disable Gengar and paralyzing it. Paralyzing it gives me free turns to damage it and if it can't get off the Rapid Spin it will find itself dying to hazards. Toxic Spikes aren't a big deal since they only affect one member on my team: Conkeldurr. Getting in an Earth Power with Heatran can also put in a pretty big dent into Tentacruel in combination with hazards.
Gastrodon:
  • Tank - Ferrothorn and Conkeldurr are the best options to take out the slug. Gengar can annoy him if he only runs one attacking move that affects him (think scald/ice beam)
Espeon:
  • Dual Screens - Scizor is key as well as Gengar
  • Baton Pass - Tricker to deal with than other Espeons since it can't be pursuit trapped and it can stop hazards. The best way to beat him is to smack it with a strong attack on a hazard setter such as Power Whip on Ferrothorn and Flamethrower on Heatran.
Blissey:
  • Support - Meet Conkeldurr and Scizor, your worst enemies
Vaporeon:
  • Wish Support - Ferrothorn and Latias work in conjunction to wear it down. A paralyzed Vaporeon will struggle in front of Conkeldurr. Important to take out since it walls Heatran, Gengar, and potential burn Scizor
Latias:
  • Support - Scizor can pursuit it and Conkeldurr can hit it with Payback (Dragon Pulse isn't strong enough to break Conkeldurr)
Bronzong:
  • Tank - Heatran and Conkeldurr can power through, while Scizor can hit it with a U-turn. Gengar can possibly wall it if it runs just Gyro Ball+EQ.
  • Dual Screens - Same as above, but I have to wear out the screens
Swampert:
  • Defensive - Swampert can't take repeated hazards over the course of the match. Ferrothorn can hit it hard with a power whip.
Mew:
  • Stallbreaker - Conkeldurr can take advantage by absorbing Will-o-Wisp and hitting with Payback. If it has Psychic Heatran can lure in the Will-o-Wisp and gain power to kill it.
Slowbro:
  • Tank - The only other Poke that stands in Conkeldurr's way. Sorta hard to wear down with hazards with regenerator. The best bet is to hit it early with Gengar and Scizor. If it lacks Psychic or Psyshock, Conkeldurr can set up on it and win with Payback.
Quagsire:
  • Curse - Ferrothorn and hazards can take him. If it gets out of control a phaze with Latias
  • Specially Defensive - same as above
  • Physically Defensive - same as above
Cresselia:
  • Support - Scizor and Gengar try to take it. Scizor with the special defense EV's can come in all day. If it lacks Psychic once again Conkeldurr can power through
  • Dual Screens - Try to wear it down with both Scizor and Gengar, but if it is dual screen I got bigger issues >_>
Deoxys-D:
  • Bulky Spiker - Gengar is the best bet to take him since repeated switch in with Scizor will hurt
  • Toxic Staller - Once again Gengar
Empoleon:
  • Specially Defensive - Conkeldurr can power through him and hazards will wear it down. Spikes bait for Ferrothorn.
Hippowdon:
  • Physical Tank - This thing is monstrously bulky. The best chance is to wear it down with hazards and hit it with Heatran and Gengar. Roar variants will struggle against Gengar and Heatran while Ice Fang ones will have trouble with a boosting Conkeldurr.
Xatu:
  • Standard - Pursuit trap with Scizor or hit it with Gengar. Be wary of hazards being set though. Easier to handle than Espeon
  • Dual Screens - Gengar can outspeed and KO before it sets up.
Wobbuffet:
  • Bulky - Most of my guys have a super effective attack against him although it can be annoying. Wearing down with hazards is the best bet since it means if it gets weakened it bypasses the countercoat shenangians
Whimsicott:
  • Prankster - Ferrothorn shuts this guy down, all it does is subseed. Spikes away!
Tangrowth:
  • Physically Defensive - Heatran is the best bet to hit this thing. Paralyzing it helps since that means it has no possibilityh of outspeeding Scizor and killing him with HP Fire.
Sableye:
  • Prankster - Heatran and Conkeldurr will take advantage of Will-o-Wisp. Last resort option is Gengar
Porygon2:
  • Defensive - Porygon2 will get smashed by Conkeldurr and it is easily worn down by entry hazards. Paralysis is important for preventing potential recover oppurtunities
Chansey:
  • Support - Harder to beat than Blissey but Conkeldurr once again gets the job done. A stall mate can occur with Gengar or if enough hazards have been placed it can get worn down by them to eventually be killed by a weak attack.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hi,

I like your team a lot as it seems very solid and it's covers a lot of threats very well. I'd like to suggest a few things. First of all you mention in your threatlist that you need a crit with heatran in the sun to beat the bulkier version of Volcarona, to easily fix this weakness you could use Rock Slide on your Heatran, changing its nature to either a Rash or a Mild nature, while that might sound very weird to put such a weak physical attack on a pokémon as powerful on the special side as Heatran, it still 2HKOes it even with Leftovers, even the bulkiest version. And this is even better since Volcarona usually can't boost its defense, unlike its Special Defense which would render Hidden Power Rock much less powerful and outside the 2HKO range. I'd also consider switching Dragon Pulse for Psyshock on Latias for the following reasons, first it will help you a lot hitting Tentacruel which is frailer on the physical side, and also helps your team against Toxicroak which could potentially be a threat, mostly the SD 3 attacks version since the sub BU set is completely shut down by SubDisable Gengar.
Also, since you'd probably like to fit Stealth Rock on Ferrothorn if you want to use Rock Slide on Heatran, and Leech Seed + SR + Spikes is sadly, illegal, you may want to change Leech Seed for Gyro Ball, which helps a lot when it comes to dealing with Dragons such as Salamence in clutch moments.

Anyways, good luck.

Very solid suggestions Jirachi! I haven't used SR on ferrothorn so that is why I didn't notice the illegality. Psyshock on Latias sounds like an awesome idea to easily take out Tentacrul and it also takes out Terrakion. In a way it is going to help transition this team to the keldeo-fest that is coming. Rock Slide on Heatran is one of those Outside-the-box ideas I am looking. Although I am not sure about the nature since sometimes I do want Heatran to tank a hit (it probably be rash though). Is it possible Stone Miss could be used? Thanks for the help and I'll get back to you on it once my Comp's internet is working.

edit: Man just went over the RMT and some of my spelling was atrocious >_>

edit 2: It worked! Go to turn 44.
Battle between nyc_test and making my way started!

Tier: Standard OU
Mode: Singles
Variation: +9, -23
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

Your team: Heatran / Ferrothorn / Scizor / Latias / Gengar / Conkeldurr
Opponent's team: Ninetales / Forretress / Terrakion / Hydreigon / Venusaur / Volcarona

nyc_test sent out The Rock! (Terrakion)
making my way sent out Latias!

Start of turn 1
nyc_test called The Rock back!
nyc_test sent out Waldo! (Forretress)

Latias used Thunder Wave!
Nyc_test's Waldo is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Start of turn 2
making my way called Latias back!
making my way sent out Ferrothorn!

Nyc_test's Waldo used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around making my way's team!

Start of turn 3
nyc_test called Waldo back!
nyc_test sent out Mozilla! (Ninetales)

nyc_test's Mozilla's Drought intensified the sun's rays!
Ferrothorn used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around nyc_test's team!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 4
making my way called Ferrothorn back!
Pointed stones dug into Latias!

Nyc_test's Mozilla used Will-O-Wisp!
Latias was burned!

The sunlight is strong!
Latias restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Latias is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 5
nyc_test called Mozilla back!
Pointed stones dug into nyc_test's Waldo!

Latias used Roar!
Pointed stones dug into nyc_test's Pyrax!
Nyc_test's Pyrax was dragged out!

The sunlight is strong!
Nyc_test's Pyrax restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 6
making my way sent out Heatran!
Pointed stones dug into Heatran!

Heatran is floating on a balloon!
Nyc_test's Pyrax used Bug Buzz!
It's not very effective...
Heatran lost 37 HP! (11% of its health)
Heatran's Air Balloon popped!
Heatran's Sp. Def. fell!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 7
nyc_test called Pyrax back!
nyc_test sent out Ghidorah! (Hydreigon)
Pointed stones dug into nyc_test's Ghidorah!

Heatran used Flamethrower!
Nyc_test's Ghidorah lost 43% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!
Nyc_test's Ghidorah restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 8
making my way called Heatran back!
making my way sent out Scizor!
Pointed stones dug into Scizor!

Nyc_test's Ghidorah used Focus Blast!
Scizor lost 145 HP! (42% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 9
nyc_test called Ghidorah back!

Scizor used Bullet Punch!
Nyc_test's Waldo lost 13% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!
Nyc_test's Waldo restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 10
making my way called Scizor back!
making my way sent out Gengar!
Pointed stones dug into Gengar!

Nyc_test's Waldo used Rapid Spin!
It had no effect!

The sunlight is strong!
Gengar restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 11
Gengar used Substitute!
Gengar made a substitute!

Nyc_test's Waldo used Gyro Ball!
Gengar's substitute faded!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 12
Gengar used Disable!
Nyc_test's Waldo's Gyro Ball was disabled!

Nyc_test's Waldo's Gyro Ball is disabled!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 13
Gengar used Substitute!

Nyc_test's Waldo is paralyzed! It can't move!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 14
Gengar used Focus Blast!
The attack of Gengar missed!

Nyc_test's Waldo used Volt Switch!
Gengar's substitute took the damage!
nyc_test sent out Bruteroot! (Venusaur)
Pointed stones dug into nyc_test's Bruteroot!

The sunlight is strong!
Nyc_test's Bruteroot restored a little HP using its Black Sludge!

Start of turn 15
Nyc_test's Bruteroot used Hidden Power!
A critical hit!

Gengar used Shadow Ball!
Nyc_test's Bruteroot lost 43% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 16
nyc_test called Bruteroot back!
Pointed stones dug into nyc_test's The Rock!

making my way called Gengar back!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 17
making my way sent out Conkeldurr!
Pointed stones dug into Conkeldurr!

Nyc_test's The Rock used Stone Edge!
Conkeldurr lost 93 HP! (24% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!
Conkeldurr restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 18

Conkeldurr used Bulk Up!
Conkeldurr's Attack rose!
Conkeldurr's Defense rose!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 19
Conkeldurr used Bulk Up!

Nyc_test's Waldo used Rapid Spin!
Conkeldurr lost 9 HP! (2% of its health)
Nyc_test's Waldo blew away Stealth Rock!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 20
Conkeldurr used Bulk Up!

Conkeldurr lost 46 HP! (12% of its health)
nyc_test sent out Pyrax! (Volcarona)

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 21
Nyc_test's Pyrax used Fiery Dance!
Conkeldurr lost 226 HP! (59% of its health)
Nyc_test's Pyrax's Sp. Att. rose!

Conkeldurr used Drain Punch!
Nyc_test's Pyrax lost 47% of its health!
Nyc_test's Pyrax had its energy drained!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 22
Conkeldurr used Mach Punch!
Nyc_test's Pyrax lost 26% of its health!

Nyc_test's Pyrax used Morning Sun!
Nyc_test's Pyrax regained health!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 23
making my way called Conkeldurr back!

Nyc_test's Pyrax used Fiery Dance!
Heatran's Flash Fire raised the power of its Fire-type moves!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 24
nyc_test sent out Mozilla! (Ninetales)

Nyc_test's Mozilla lost 70% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!
Nyc_test's Mozilla restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 25
Nyc_test's Mozilla used SolarBeam!
Heatran lost 30 HP! (9% of its health)

Heatran used Dragon Pulse!
Nyc_test's Mozilla lost 33% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 26

Nyc_test's Mozilla used SolarBeam!
Latias lost 44 HP! (12% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 27
Latias used Recover!
Latias regained health!

Nyc_test's Mozilla used Fire Blast!
The attack of nyc_test's Mozilla missed!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 28
Latias used Psyshock!
A critical hit!
Nyc_test's Mozilla lost 21% of its health!
Nyc_test's Mozilla fainted!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 29
Nyc_test's Waldo is already paralyzed.

Latias lost 15 HP! (4% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 30

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 31
Latias used Recover!
Latias regained health!

Latias lost 165 HP! (45% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 32
Latias used Recover!
Latias regained health!

Latias lost 13 HP! (3% of its health)
nyc_test sent out Ghidorah! (Hydreigon)

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 33
nyc_test called Ghidorah back!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 34
Pointed stones dug into Ferrothorn!

Ferrothorn lost 22 HP! (6% of its health)
Ferrothorn's Iron Barbs hurts nyc_test's Waldo

The sunlight is strong!
Ferrothorn restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 35

Pointed stones float in the air around nyc_test's team!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 36

Ferrothorn used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of nyc_test's team!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 37

Nyc_test's The Rock used Close Combat!
Latias lost 117 HP! (32% of its health)
Nyc_test's The Rock's Defense fell!
Nyc_test's The Rock's Sp. Def. fell!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 38
Nyc_test's The Rock used Close Combat!
Latias lost 111 HP! (30% of its health)
Latias fainted!
Nyc_test's The Rock's Defense fell!
Nyc_test's The Rock's Sp. Def. fell!

The sunlight is strong!
making my way sent out Gengar!
Pointed stones dug into Gengar!

Start of turn 39
Nyc_test's Waldo is hurt by spikes!

Gengar used Substitute!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 40
Gengar used Focus Blast!
Nyc_test's Waldo lost 47% of its health!
Nyc_test's Waldo's Sp. Def. fell!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 41
nyc_test sent out Bruteroot! (Venusaur)
Pointed stones dug into nyc_test's Bruteroot!
Nyc_test's Bruteroot is hurt by spikes!

Gengar used Substitute!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 42
Nyc_test's Bruteroot used Hidden Power!

Gengar used Shadow Ball!
Nyc_test's Bruteroot lost 37% of its health!
Nyc_test's Bruteroot fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
Nyc_test's The Rock is hurt by spikes!

Start of turn 43
making my way called Gengar back!

Nyc_test's The Rock used Rock Slide!
Conkeldurr lost 75 HP! (19% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 44
Nyc_test's Waldo is hurt by spikes!

Conkeldurr used Drain Punch!
Nyc_test's Waldo lost 9% of its health!
Nyc_test's Waldo fainted!
Nyc_test's Waldo had its energy drained!

The sunlight is strong!
Nyc_test's Pyrax is hurt by spikes!

Start of turn 45
making my way called Conkeldurr back!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 46
Heatran used Rock Slide!
It's super effective!
Nyc_test's Pyrax lost 62% of its health!

Nyc_test's Pyrax used Quiver Dance!
Nyc_test's Pyrax's Sp. Att. rose!
Nyc_test's Pyrax's Sp. Def. rose!
Nyc_test's Pyrax's Speed rose!

The sunlight is strong!
nyc_test: well that's original
making my way: ;)

Start of turn 47

Heatran used Rock Slide!
It's super effective!
Nyc_test's Pyrax lost 59% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 48

Heatran used Rock Slide!
It's super effective!
Nyc_test's Pyrax lost 60% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 49
Nyc_test's The Rock is hurt by spikes!

Heatran used Rock Slide!
Nyc_test's The Rock lost 8% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 50
Nyc_test's The Rock used Stone Edge!
Heatran lost 96 HP! (29% of its health)
Heatran fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
making my way: gg

Start of turn 51
Conkeldurr used Mach Punch!
It's super effective!
Nyc_test's The Rock lost 42% of its health!
Nyc_test's The Rock fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
making my way: hello
making my way: lag?
Nyc_test's Pyrax fainted!

nyc_test: yea lag
nyc_test: gg
nyc_test forfeited against making my way!

The window was disabled due to one of the players closing the battle window.

edit 3: Another one bites the dust. Turn 3 onwards. That was how people beat me with volc, send it in on the SR Mmm +24

Battle between making my way and 77Killer started!

Tier: Standard OU
Mode: Singles
Variation: +24, -8
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

Your team: Heatran / Ferrothorn / Scizor / Latias / Gengar / Conkeldurr
Opponent's team: Ninetales / Dragonite / Donphan / Volcarona / Venusaur / Scizor

77Killer sent out Ninetales!
77Killer's Ninetales's Drought intensified the sun's rays!

Start of turn 1
77Killer's Ninetales is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

77Killer's Ninetales used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
Latias lost 156 HP! (42% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 2
77Killer called Ninetales back!
77Killer sent out Donphan!

Latias used Recover!
Latias regained health!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 3

77Killer's Donphan used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around making my way's team!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 4
77Killer called Donphan back!
77Killer sent out Volcarona!

Pointed stones float in the air around 77Killer's team!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 5

77Killer's Volcarona used Quiver Dance!
77Killer's Volcarona's Sp. Att. rose!
77Killer's Volcarona's Sp. Def. rose!
77Killer's Volcarona's Speed rose!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 6
77Killer's Volcarona used Quiver Dance!
77Killer's Volcarona's Sp. Att. rose!
77Killer's Volcarona's Sp. Def. rose!
77Killer's Volcarona's Speed rose!

Heatran used Rock Slide!
It's super effective!
77Killer's Volcarona lost 55% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!
77Killer's Volcarona restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 7
77Killer's Volcarona used Morning Sun!
77Killer's Volcarona regained health!

Heatran used Rock Slide!
It's super effective!
77Killer's Volcarona lost 51% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 8

Heatran used Rock Slide!
It's super effective!
77Killer's Volcarona lost 57% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 9

Heatran used Rock Slide!
It's super effective!
77Killer's Volcarona lost 53% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 10

Heatran used Rock Slide!
It's super effective!
77Killer's Volcarona lost 56% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 11

Heatran used Rock Slide!
It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!
making my way: lalala la la

Start of turn 12

Heatran used Rock Slide!
It's super effective!
77Killer's Volcarona lost 59% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 13

Heatran used Rock Slide!
It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!
making my way: out of pp

Start of turn 14
77Killer called Volcarona back!
77Killer sent out Ninetales!
Pointed stones dug into 77Killer's Ninetales!

Heatran used Rock Slide!
It's super effective!
77Killer's Ninetales lost 47% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 15
Heatran used Earth Power!
It's super effective!
77Killer's Ninetales lost 27% of its health!
77Killer's Ninetales fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
77Killer sent out Dragonite!
Pointed stones dug into 77Killer's Dragonite!

Start of turn 16
77Killer's Dragonite used Dragon Dance!
77Killer's Dragonite's Attack rose!
77Killer's Dragonite's Speed rose!

Heatran used Dragon Pulse!
It's super effective!
77Killer's Dragonite lost 74% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!
77Killer's Dragonite restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 17
Pointed stones dug into Ferrothorn!

77Killer's Dragonite used Outrage!
Ferrothorn lost 135 HP! (38% of its health)
Ferrothorn's Iron Barbs hurts 77Killer's Dragonite
77Killer's Dragonite fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
77Killer sent out Venusaur!
Pointed stones dug into 77Killer's Venusaur!

Start of turn 18

77Killer's Venusaur used Growth!
77Killer's Venusaur's Attack sharply rose!
77Killer's Venusaur's Sp. Att. sharply rose!

The sunlight is strong!
77Killer's Venusaur restored a little HP using its Black Sludge!

Start of turn 19
77Killer's Venusaur used Sludge Bomb!
Latias lost 204 HP! (56% of its health)

77Killer's Venusaur is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 20
Latias used Psyshock!
It's super effective!
77Killer's Venusaur lost 77% of its health!

77Killer's Venusaur used SolarBeam!
A critical hit!
Latias lost 159 HP! (43% of its health)
Latias fainted!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 21
It's super effective!
77Killer's Venusaur lost 28% of its health!
77Killer's Venusaur fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
77Killer forfeited against making my way!

The window was disabled due to one of the players closing the battle window.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Hi,

This team looks very solid, but it seems very weak to entry hazards, as pokemon like Ferrothorn, Forretress or Skarmory can easily set up on your own Ferrothorn, Scizor or Latias, and against defensive teams you'll need to switch a lot, something you can't afford if hazards are up on your side. For this reason, you should consider using Tentacruel over Latias. Tentacruel also gives you a check against offensive (without recovery) Volcarona versions. Here's the set:

Tentacruel@Leftovers | Rain Dish
Bold Nature | 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Scald / Protect / Rapid Spin / Toxic Spikes

I think you should also consider using a bit different Heatran set to deal better with Volcarona. While Rock Slide is an interesting option, Heatran can deal with Volcarona with other options that aren't useless against other pokemon, such as Roar or Toxic. Because of this, a Specially Defensive Heatran fits your team very well, as it's able to take on many more Special Attackers and it can take more hits, something your team will appreciate.

Heatran@Leftovers | Flash Fire
Calm Nature | 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Lava Plume / Earth Power / Roar / Stealth Rock

Good luck!

You could try a SpD d-nite over latias in order to wall volcarona
D-Nite@leftovers
252 HP, 252 SpD (calm nature)
-dragon tail
-roost
-fire blast
-haze/thunder wave
Good luck

Also running stone edge over payback on conkeldurr could help to kill volcarona

Hey ThePillsburyDoughBoy this is a pretty good team, Im not great with offensive teams at this point so I don't think I can be much help. Im just wondering something, if your having a hard time with Volc, why not use toxic on Heatran (over rock slide). Toxic beats out pretty much every volcarona set outside of chesto-rest, which is pretty rare, and is better against other things to land a poison. I don't know it just seems odd that your willing to use rock slide when toxic usually beats it.

how does gengar wall all gliscors?
Subtoxic can't touch gengar, and those will Ice Fang fall to Substitute+Disable.

Great team, Pillsbury! I'd agree that Toxic over Rock Slide will help, although the Rest variants still beat you if you use it. I haven't found that Volcarona has been a problem since it can hardly come in on anything; Ferrothorn seems to be the weak link, so I'd suggest Thunder Wave over Protect. All of the pokemon that switch into Ferrothorn absolutely hate being paralysed, and it will further help you attain a conkeldurr sweep later on. Plus having two T-Wave users which wall different things is always a benefit.

Anyhow, well done on a great team!

Hi there,

I like your team a lot, making the most of Conkeldurr - a somewhat underused Pokemon in the current metagame. Just from looking over this, I have noticed quite a weakness to Landorus. While Conkeldurr and Ferrothorn can take a couple Earthquakes, they will not be able to continuously switch in against them, even your Latias who is immune to Earthquake will not appreciate a U-Turn. To remedy this, I recommend running a Skarmory over your current Ferrothorn.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Skarmory does a number of things for your team. It provides the hazards needed on your team to grant KOs for your other teammates. It also gives you a much more reliable answer to Landorus, as well as Acrobatics Gliscor and Toxicroak, both of which you outlined as problems for your team. Skarmory also has reliable recovery, and can phaze out a number of threats that seem very problematic for your team.

Alright to address everyones' rates:

Hi,

This team looks very solid, but it seems very weak to entry hazards, as pokemon like Ferrothorn, Forretress or Skarmory can easily set up on your own Ferrothorn, Scizor or Latias, and against defensive teams you'll need to switch a lot, something you can't afford if hazards are up on your side. For this reason, you should consider using Tentacruel over Latias. Tentacruel also gives you a check against offensive (without recovery) Volcarona versions. Here's the set:

Tentacruel@Leftovers | Rain Dish
Bold Nature | 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Scald / Protect / Rapid Spin / Toxic Spikes

I think you should also consider using a bit different Heatran set to deal better with Volcarona. While Rock Slide is an interesting option, Heatran can deal with Volcarona with other options that aren't useless against other pokemon, such as Roar or Toxic. Because of this, a Specially Defensive Heatran fits your team very well, as it's able to take on many more Special Attackers and it can take more hits, something your team will appreciate.

Heatran@Leftovers | Flash Fire
Calm Nature | 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Lava Plume / Earth Power / Roar / Stealth Rock

Good luck!
I haven't found my team weak to hazards at all including Spikes. With two Levitate users and an Air Balloon user, that means 3 of my teamsmates are immune to Spikes (That's another reason why you keep balloon intact vs defensive teams with Hippowdon). Only one is affected by Toxic Spikes and I would like a nice attack boost. Non-of my members are SR weak and 2 resist it. The only one who is really affeceted by hazards badly is Scizor. The part about Tentacruel is what is important, I don't have trouble with the offensive but ones with recovery.

Specially Defensive Tran would be nice for an added phazor but he makes the team too defensive. I need offensive Heatran with a Balloon to act as a check to physical Dragons and kill Steels/sun teams/Gliscor. Special Dragons are trapped by Scizor and handled by priority. Also the given EV's can't outspeed SD Scizor! It can't beat endgame Volc.

I will give you props since the teammates you did provide have nice synergy (apart from making my Landorus weak). Thanks for the rate!

You could try a SpD d-nite over latias in order to wall volcarona
D-Nite@leftovers
252 HP, 252 SpD (calm nature)
-dragon tail
-roost
-fire blast
-haze/thunder wave
Good luck

Also running stone edge over payback on conkeldurr could help to kill volcarona
That's a pretty wierd moveset considering Calm lowers Dtails power and Thunder Wave is slashed (I need T-wave). I really don't want the SR weakness. Haze could help with BP teams. Why Fire Blast? You need to explain.

No conkeldurr will get smashed by Volcarona and I need Payback for Jellicent.

Hey ThePillsburyDoughBoy this is a pretty good team, Im not great with offensive teams at this point so I don't think I can be much help. Im just wondering something, if your having a hard time with Volc, why not use toxic on Heatran (over rock slide). Toxic beats out pretty much every volcarona set outside of chesto-rest, which is pretty rare, and is better against other things to land a poison. I don't know it just seems odd that your willing to use rock slide when toxic usually beats it.
Great team, Pillsbury! I'd agree that Toxic over Rock Slide will help, although the Rest variants still beat you if you use it. I haven't found that Volcarona has been a problem since it can hardly come in on anything; Ferrothorn seems to be the weak link, so I'd suggest Thunder Wave over Protect. All of the pokemon that switch into Ferrothorn absolutely hate being paralysed, and it will further help you attain a conkeldurr sweep later on. Plus having two T-Wave users which wall different things is always a benefit.

Anyhow, well done on a great team!
Alright so I guess I need to state why I want Rock Slide>Toxic. Kinda like Gengar, I really want Heatran to beat all variants of Volcarona including ChestoResto. Yeah ChestoResto is pretty rare (12.3%) but I still don't want to autolose once it gets started :( . Toxic would be good in case I ever lost Heatran (though I would tred carefully if volc is on the other team) and against bulky Water switchin's. However the minor lose of special defense hasn't compromised much from what I have found through playing. There is one last thing about Rock Slide. Against Offensive Volcarona if it breaks my balloon on the switch and it does have HP Ground I do have the opportunity to OHKO it (i know that could steamroll my team). I also doubted it at first but having played with it is safe to say it is a good option and hasn't compromised anything. I still can set up SR on Sun teams against certain members and it actually makes playing Rain with Tornadus (easier to set up SR) a bit better.

Frogoholic I will definitely take into consideration Thunder Wave! Yeah so many Pokes switch into Ferrothorn that think they are safe and it would assuredly help in some circumstances. Gyro Ball is nice to take Dragons out (sorta necessary) but I think they are equally good options! Thanks for the accolades btw.

Hi there,

I like your team a lot, making the most of Conkeldurr - a somewhat underused Pokemon in the current metagame. Just from looking over this, I have noticed quite a weakness to Landorus. While Conkeldurr and Ferrothorn can take a couple Earthquakes, they will not be able to continuously switch in against them, even your Latias who is immune to Earthquake will not appreciate a U-Turn. To remedy this, I recommend running a Skarmory over your current Ferrothorn.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Skarmory does a number of things for your team. It provides the hazards needed on your team to grant KOs for your other teammates. It also gives you a much more reliable answer to Landorus, as well as Acrobatics Gliscor and Toxicroak, both of which you outlined as problems for your team. Skarmory also has reliable recovery, and can phaze out a number of threats that seem very problematic for your team.
You are right that Scarf Landorus is quite annoying >.< Skarmory was actually taken into deep consideration for awhile against Ferrothorn when I originally built this team. What I had found the problem to be with Skarmory when I played it was that I had nothing to switch into Specs Latios and I would become reliant on Scizor to trap it and Gengar to check it.(Latios pretty much could KO my entire team if it had HP Fire). It also put a lot of pressure on Latias to take on rain teams pretty much singlehandedly. Scarf Landorus is just a nuisance I have to deal with. I will say Landorus has trouble spamming EQ with two immunities and one Ballooner. Thankfully I can wear it down with SR+hitting it on the switch easily. It was a great suggestion though and it did work in my favor a couple games but ultimately Ferrothorn was needed more! SD Toxicrock is so rare though and it gets stopped by SubDisable Gengar so it is a lesser issue.

CB Ttar always OHKO's Ferrothorn with Superpower and Specs Rotom-W runs HP Fire ALOT so Ferro isnt even a counter
Maybe that is why I said it was prediction heavy with CB Tar in the threatlist? Wah Ferrothorn can't counter Rotom-W? Does Heatran not counter Venasaur because of EQ when 90% Venasaur run a special sweeper set?

This isn't helpful...

Thanks for all the rates! The team got further than ever before with them.

Hey hey wait what?! ROCK SLIDE HEATRAN.... Dont use it. I would say that use HP Ice over Dragon pulse. 4x Ice is better than 2x Dragon pulse against Dragons. Also I would put Roar over Rock Slide, to phanze Volcarona and make it hurt SR dmg. Fire Blast over Flamethrower, FB has nice accuracy 85. Anyway I might give some suggestions later. Good luck!

I think this is the team that made Conkeldurr popular on the ladder, thanks for making me drop from the top 10 :(. Your team is quite original, Conkeldurr deserves to be popular again, I suppose, even at the cost of my Conk weak team. Do you think Rash is worth it? Rock Slide still does 51-61% to 252/212 Volcarona with Modest and losing special bulk seems a lot worse than losing a bit of power on rock slide, I've battled you a few times and no matter how well I play I can't seem to beat your team, it's incredibly solid, big fan of your Latias set.

- Wooow

I personally would recommend HP ice over dragon pulse because DD dragons and scarfmence are a prolific threat to this team if they have any prediction skills, and you can use heatran as the perfect counter. Mence can survive a heatran max sp.atts dragoon pulse 100% of the time. Also I recomend making it naive since the speed allows it to outrun dragonite and a few others threats and if you use HP ice it has the power to beat d-nite while being faster.

IMO use Hidden Power Ice > Dragon Pulse on Heatran as you hit Gliscors and Dragons much harder. Nice team btw :)
Hey hey wait what?! ROCK SLIDE HEATRAN.... Dont use it. I would say that use HP Ice over Dragon pulse. 4x Ice is better than 2x Dragon pulse against Dragons. Also I would put Roar over Rock Slide, to phanze Volcarona and make it hurt SR dmg. Fire Blast over Flamethrower, FB has nice accuracy 85. Anyway I might give some suggestions later. Good luck!
I personally would recommend HP ice over dragon pulse because DD dragons and scarfmence are a prolific threat to this team if they have any prediction skills, and you can use heatran as the perfect counter. Mence can survive a heatran max sp.atts dragoon pulse 100% of the time. Also I recomend making it naive since the speed allows it to outrun dragonite and a few others threats and if you use HP ice it has the power to beat d-nite while being faster.
Alright I really want to address this not only for you guys but for everyone, Dragon Pulse is better. The big reason why I am using Dragon Pulse is because it hits Latios and Latias harder, who are much bigger threats to my team (specifically Conkeldurr's sweep). Dragon Pulse gives me a chance against paralyzed Rotom-W too. HP Ice is piss weak against Latias who is the most important Dragon to take out. Also, HP Ice loses to bulky DDnites with Roost since as it roosts it will only be 2x effective@70- BP. HP Ice is completely unnecessary because I can actually keep SR on my side of the field. It is not like it isn't hitting them hard enough were they are pretty much 1HKO'ed...

DD Salamence
Dragon Pulse: 290-342 (87.61 - 103.32%) -- 18.75% chance to OHKO (say hi to iron barbs)
Dragon Pulse: 290-342 (87.61 - 103.32%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Offensive DD Dnite:
Dragon Pulse: 214-254 (66.25 - 78.63%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (have fun being at 91% health dnite minimally)

Latias:
Hidden Power Ice: 136-160 (37.36 - 43.95%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
Dragon Pulse: 172-204 (47.25 - 56.04%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

If it doesn't kill them I can always fall back on Scizor's bullet punch

@NMx13 Don't knock if you haven't tried it ;) Roar can't beat Morning Sun Volcarona's since they recover all the damage from SR on the phaze (also doesn't win in the endgame). It could be a really cool move to rack hazard damage up though. I also used to use Fire Blast originally and changed to Flamethrower because of hax :S Wasn't fun losing to two 1 vs 1 Brelooms in the same hour when I had the game in the bag :S

In other recent news I played a Sub Volc today and would have lost if I ran Toxic. I also figured out that Scizor can trap Tornadus if I feel it is going to switch. If I get it to >25% it means its gone!

Any other rates are welcomed. Sorry for shooting almost everyone's down :(

Your team seems really strong and i read through everything, but i have one question. how long does it take you to set up the whole team and figure out what pokemon to put in it? ive made a couple teams so far and it seems like it takes forever to make a good team, and when i post it on here people tell me to change to new pokemons and stuff. i just want to know how you figured out how to do this. i read the whole team building process but im still confused.

Your team seems really strong and i read through everything, but i have one question. how long does it take you to set up the whole team and figure out what pokemon to put in it? ive made a couple teams so far and it seems like it takes forever to make a good team, and when i post it on here people tell me to change to new pokemons and stuff. i just want to know how you figured out how to do this. i read the whole team building process but im still confused.
trial and error by battling. having good ev's distribution, doing a lot of testing and having good synergy. even putting on uncommon moves which may surprise opponents

peng

hivemind leader
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi. This looks like a solid team overall but I'd like to suggest a couple of small changes. The defensive synergy between your Pokemon is already pretty solid so all there is left to suggest is just a few optional EV spread and moveset changes to help tackle some of the threats you've highlighted.

Rain offense seems like a massive ass to this team, mainly because you're asking a lot of Ferrothorn. Ferrothorn seems to be your only switch-in to Politoed, Starmie, Gyarados and the plethora of other powerful Water-types that you'll find yourself against. I feel you are overselling Latias' ability to beat Rain, since it just ends up being complete set-up fodder for Ferrothorn and Starmie doesn't mind Psyshock or Thunder Wave at all. I would definitely recommend replacing Stealth Rock with Leech Seed, as Ferrothorn needs all the recovery it can get so as to not get worn down. At the moment I'm struggling to see how this team comes out on top vs a decently played Rain offense, especially if Ferrothorn gets burned by a Scald along the way. Another option would be to try a ChestoRest variant, giving Ferrothorn another chance to wall the common rain sweepers should it get weakened or burnt early game, but its possible you may not find too many chances to Rest against Volt-Turn teams.

This moveset change helps with most of the rain sweepers, but doesn't really do anything to help deal with Tornadus, who seems to be the single biggest threat to the team. Whilst Rash Heatran looks kinda cool, I don't think dropping your SDef is really doing you many favours in a metagame filled with such hard hitting special attackers. I'd like to suggest using a Specially Defensive Heatran, or at least running a far bulkier EV spread than your current set. The main advantage of this is tanking hits from Latios and the aforementioned Tornadus much better. A set of Stealth Rock / Lava Plume / Toxic / Roar @ Leftovers seems like a perfect fit, as it takes the pressure off Ferrothorn by giving it one less layer of hazards to set as well as giving you a better check to CM HP Fire Latias, who looks problematic if it finds opportunities to set-up. Although this change does make you weaker to sun teams in general, you already have Latias who is an excellent counter to a lot of Sun sweepers, and I'd imagine does a pretty good job at baiting in Volcarona and paralyzing it.

With both Specially Defensive Heatran and Ferrothorn I don't find the heavy SDef investment on Scizor all that necessary. The extra power granted by 252 Atk looks very appealing for helping to further deal with Tornadus, resulting in a 80% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rocks as opposed to your current EV spread which deals only 63.5% - 75.3%. The EV spread I suggest is the standard 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef. If you are uncomfortable with the increased Volcarona weakness given by running Leftovers Heatran as opposed to Air Balloon, you could run Quick Attack over Pursuit, which along with Conkeldurr's Mach Punch, makes it pretty handleable with Stealth Rock down.

tl;dr:
- Offensive Heatran -> SDef Heatran
- Stealth Rock -> Leech Seed on Ferrothorn
- SDef CB Scizor -> 252 Atk CB Scizor

Good luck!

I found one mishap I to run a conkeldurr with a latias my question is why have roar I run my latias similarly to yours except I use a stat boosting move like calm mind or an attack like mist ball or dragon pulse over roar why use roar?

Nice Team

I would have to second what Penguin X is suggesting. Specially defensive Heatran is a much better way of dealing with Volcarona in my opinion. I like the balloon on my SpD Heatran so I can take on HP ground Volvarona as well as other Heatran. Get the rocks up and Roar them bitches out! Since your loosing the offense from the Heatran set you were running I suggest a switch to Latios. There probably isn't a point in having two phasing pokemon. I think a Scarfed variant would be nice for a few reasons. You don't have a scarfer and you can always Trick the scarf to a wall and ruin it for the match. If you find yourself missing T-Wave you can always add it to Ferrothorn. Like Penguin suggested you may want to test the more offensive standard Scizor.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 248 HP / 100 SDef / 160 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Roar

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes/Gyro Ball

Latios @ Choice Scarf
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

i would suggest running roar on heatran cause it phazes out threats that it walls but not if they set up too much. Such as as Dragonite, Volcorona and test taunt to shut down ferro, skarm and more

I love how Conkeldurr's the main centrepiece (very underrated), but I've tried it out and it really can't handle rain teams. Heatran's really the only guy who can handle Hurricanes from the genie forms, and most rain teams have 2-3+ guys that manhandle him like Keldeo or Politoad.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I love how precise your team is. You really took a lot into consideration with every individual moveset.

However, I really dislike stealth rock and spikes on ferrothorn, it not only makes ferrothorn your only entry hazard layer, but it also uses up a moveslot for something more useful. You are forced to go into Ferrothorn if you want to set up hazards. You don't have options and that definitely hurts going further into the game. You previously used leech seed and protect, which is fantastic for dealing with dragons. I would definitely suggest trying out protect again over stealth rock. It is essential for scouting and its a much more reliable and consistent source of recovery for ferrothorn than leech seed.

With Stealth Rock replaced with something, I would add in stealth rock to heatran's moveset. Dragon pulse, I believe seems to be the least effective move for heatran. Rock Slide can deal somewhat consistent damage to Mence/Nite, and Lati@s can be combatted by the rest of your team. Not to mention that Dragon Pulse against a CM latias is somewhat useless.

Hope this helps! If not sorry I failed :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)