move 4: Sleep Talk
item: Aggronite
ability: Sturdy
nature: Careful
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
Curse makes Mega Aggron a great bulky setup sweeper. Heavy Slam hits very hard due to Mega Aggron's massive weight. Iron Head is an option with more PP and gives Mega Aggron a better matchup against heavy Pokemon such as Snorlax. Rest is Mega Aggron's only recovery option, and it also serves to cure troublesome status such as burn and paralysis. Sleep Talk takes up the fourth move slot, allowing Mega Aggron to boost its stats or attack against opponents while asleep. Earthquake can be used over Sleep Talk to catch Fire-types off guard.

Set Details
========
Maximum HP EVs are needed because of Mega Aggron's average base 70 HP stat. Maximum Special Defense investment is used to reduce damage taken from special attackers while setting up with Curse, allowing Mega Aggron to survive two Focus Blasts from defensive Reuniclus, a Fire Blast from Chandelure, a Life Orb-boosted Fire Blast from Timid Moltres, and a Modest maximum Special Attack Focus Blast from Mega Ampharos. Careful is the preferred nature, as it greatly improves Mega Aggron's special bulk.

Usage Tips
========
Before setting up with Curse, be sure to weaken or defeat powerful Fire-types, as they can threaten Mega Aggron with their powerful STAB attacks. Pokemon with access to Roar such as Suicune, Vaporeon, Swampert can phaze Mega Aggron while it is trying to set up with Curse. Mega Aggron often loses to bulky setup sweepers such as Suicune, Curse Swampert, Reuniclus, and Doublade, so it's better to take them out before attempting to set up with Curse. Taking out powerful Fighting- and Ground-types before sending Mega Aggron out is very recommended, as they'll give Mega Aggron a hard time setting up. Mega Aggron's setup fodder consists mostly of Fairy-types, passive Pokemon, and physical attackers it can deal with. Thanks to its beastly Defense, and even more so thanks to Rest, Mega Aggron can functure as a counter to plenty of physical attackers. A few uses of Curse and the ability Filter work in tandem to allow Mega Aggron to take Lucario's Close Combat and Darmanitan's Flare Blitz easily.

Team Options
========
Specially defensive Pokemon such as Florges or Vaporeon are great partners for Mega Aggron because they can help with super effective special attacks, which Mega Aggron struggles with. Clerics pair well with Mega Aggron, replacing the unreliable Rest with a trusty Wish. Physically defensive Florges will greatly aid Mega Aggron by dealing with Fighting-types. Bulky Water-types like Suicune or Slowking help Mega Aggron with the threat posed by Fire-types and overall pair well with it. Conversely, a Pokemon that can easily defeat bulky Water-types, such as Shaymin or Zapdos, is very appreciated too. Reliable Ground- and Fighting-resistant Pokemon such as Salamence, Crobat or Cresselia support Mega Aggron decently. Entry hazard support from Pokemon such as Swampert, Dragalge, Chesnaught, Tentacruel, and Nidoqueen can help wear down common checks and support Mega Aggron for a potential sweep.

Last edited:

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This is just a set addition, not a full Pokemon analysis, so Overview and Checks & Counters aren't needed, I also don't believe Other Options are needed either so yeah those should be removed leaving only the Set and Set Comments sections, before anything else.

Yeah i thought so but wasn't sure, i just wanted to get the skeleton asap up cuz irl stuff etc, will edit rn

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
  • I think Sleep Talk should be the primary option in the last slot. I don't think Aggron can afford to give the opponent two free turns while sleeping and allow something like Feraligatr or Reuniclus to set up in its face, and plus there are plenty of special attacks that will 3-4HKO it even with the SpD investment. Being able to boost up / attack against the likes of Slowking, Salamence, and Hydreigon while sleeping is a huge plus.
  • Mention that the heavy SpD investment allows it to set up against and check various special attackers like CM Florges, Mega Abomasnow, P2, Shaymin, Whimsi, Mega Sceptile, Dragalge etc.
  • Mention that its Defense, even uninvested, is still beastly and allows it to counter plenty of physical attackers, and more reliably too thanks to Rest. After a couple of Curses it can even withstand attacks like Lucario's Close Combat and Darmanitan's Flare Blitz with ease.
  • Add strong Fighting and Ground types to Pokemon that you should remove / weaken before attempting to set up.
  • Certain Water-types, such as Tentacruel, non-CM Slowking, Vaporeon etc. are still defeated by this set, so remove that line from Usage Tips.
  • I reckon Clerics should be added to Team Options to wake up Aggron and pass Wishes to it since Rest isn't the most reliable recovery move. Physically defensive Florges can also soak up Fighting moves aimed at Aggron.
Implement the above, will give you a check after :)

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Remove "A way of getting rid of roaring Pokemons" from Team Options since it's not something you can have a specific teammate for and you've already mentioned it in Usage Tips. Also this set loves hazards for wearing down common checks to it, so mention teammates that can set them up and synergise well with it defensively e.g. Swampert, Dragalge, Chesnaught.

QC 1/3 after that, nice work!

Yeah was thinking about the change, too. Thank you for reminding, adding it rn.

I also added some more information to the set details

Last edited:

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Unslash Earthquake from the 4th moveslot; Curse Aggron cannot afford to risk losing two turns against the things it beats/challenges.

The first move of this set should be Curse, then Heavy Slam.

Replace "powerful Electrics" with Zapdos.

In order to save yourself time and grief, I highly recommend you go through your analysis and do a preliminary grammar and prose sweep; for example:
  • "A Careful nature is used to maximize your Special Defense, which lets it hit a fairly good 284 stat with the 252 EV's" only the bolded information is relevant. Go through your analysis and purge the unnecessary extra information, as the GP crew is just gonna make you do it anyways, and they'll be less tough on you if you keep it concise.
The last point is not mandatory for this check.

Once you do the first three changes, 2/3

I know you unslashed EQ, but at least mention it as an option in Moves imo (without slashing it) since it's good for catching Fire-types and the like early game and just decent coverage in general.

I'd also say in Usage Tips that it loses to most opposing bulky setup sweepers like CM Suicune/Slowking, Reuniclus, Doublade, and Curse Swampert, so these should be eliminated before trying to set up.

I think you accidentally put the second part in Team Options rather than Usage Tips haha, move it and 3/3 nice work!

queez

wandering and wondering
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
O_k here we go

Additions
Removals
Comments

[SET]
name: Curse
move 1: Curse
move 2: Heavy Slam / Iron Head
move 3: Rest

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
Curse is the key setup-move of this set, which boost Mega Aggron's Attack and Defense but lowers it's speed, and makes making Mega Aggron a great bulky setup-(remove hyphen)sweeper. Heavy Slam is the main STAB which hits very hard due to Mega Aggron's massive weight,.(comma -> period) Iron Head is an option with more PP and gives it Mega Aggron a better matchup against heavy Pokemon such as Snorlax like opposing Curse Snorlax's. Rest is Mega Aggron's only the recovery option,(add comma) because Mega Aggron doesn't have access to any other recovery, it also heals annoying status' like burns or paras and also serves to cure troublesome status such as burn and paralysis. Sleep Talk is takes up the 4th fourth move slot,(add comma) allowing since it makes Mega Aggron able to boost its stats or up / attack against some Pokemon opponents such as Slowking, Salamence, and Hydreigon (I don't think it's necessary to include specific examples here) while beeing asleep. (remove new line; don't treat this sentence as the beginning of a new paragraph) Earthquake definitely is an option, too. It can be used over Sleep Talk to catch Fire-types off guard which can be decent for Mega Aggron. Anyhow Mega Aggron can't really afford to give the opponent 2 free turns and become a setup fodder (what're you saying here...? I'm a bit lost).

Set Details
========
Max HP EVs are needed because of Mega Aggron's average base 70 HP Stat. It adds a ton of bulk, and helps Mega Aggron sucessfully Curse up (this seems implied to me). Max Maximum Special Defense investment is used to reduce damage taken from protect you from special attackers while setting up with Curse, allowing Mega Aggron to survive two cursing up, max Special Defense makes you live 2 Focus Blasts from defensive Reuniclus, a scarfed (Choice scarf's mention is unnecessary) Fire Blast from Chandelure, a Life Orb Fire Blast from Timid Moltres, and a Modest max maximum Special Attack Focus Blast from Mega Ampharos and a lot more. Also the heavy SpD investment makes you able to tank hits from CM Florges, Mega Abomasnow, P2, Shaymin, Whimsi, Mega Sceptile, Dragalge etc. and lets you sucessfully setup on them (you're repeating the details from the last sentence. The point you're trying to make in this sentence has already been made in the previous one) Careful is the prefered preferred nature, as since it adds a lot great deal of special bulk on the Specially Defensive side and lets Mega Aggron hit a fairly good 284 stat with the 252 EV's (repetitive). The Item is Aggronite its Mega Aggrons obligatory item so it can develope its Mega-Evolution sucessfully (unnecessary)

Usage Tips
========
Before Cursing up with Mega Aggron setting up with Curse, make be sure to you weaken or defeat powerful Fire-types, since as they can threaten or take Mega Aggron out with their powerful STABs STAB attacks (last time I checked, "STABs" wasn't a proper term. I'm fairly certain, but I could be wrong here). Roaring Pokemons Pokemon with access to Roar such as Suicune, Vaporeon, and Swampert Swamper etc. are very annoying Pokemon to Mega Aggron as they can phaze Mega Aggron you out while it is trying to Curse up, so it's prefered to get rid of them. Mega Aggron often loses to bulky setup sweeper like sweepers such as Suicune, Curse Swampert, Reuniclus, and Doublade etc. so it's better to take them out before attempting to set up with Curse up and try to sweep. Taking out powerful Fighting/Ground-types Fighting- and Ground-types before sending Mega Aggron out is very appreciated, as since they'll give Mega Aggron a hard time setting up. Mega Aggron's setup-(remove hyphen)fodder are consist mostly of Fairy-types, Fairies and passive Pokemon, Pokemons or physical a(lowercase a)ttackers Aggron can deal with, so the plan is cursing up on them after you took out previous named Pokemons. Thanks to its it's beastly even uninvested physical Defense, Aggron can function as a counter it can functure as counter to plenty of physical attackers, and even moreso more reliably too thanks to Rest. After some Curses A few uses of Curse and the ability Filter it still lets you work in tandem to allow Mega Aggron to take on Lucario's Close Combat and Darmanitan's Flare Blitz easily.

Team Options
========
Specially d(lowercase d)efensive Pokemon mons are great partner partners for Mega Aggron because they can help with the super effective Special Attacks, which Mega Aggron struggles with. Clerics pair well with Mega Aggron, replacing the unreliable Rest with a trusty Wish as they can pass Wishes to it since Rest isn't the most reliable recovery move. Something like P(uppercase P)hysically d(lowercase d)efensive Florges will greatly aid Mega Aggron a lot since it a very reliable way of by dealing with Fighting-types. Bulky Water-types help Mega Aggron with the threat posed by Fire-types Fire-type trouble and overall pair well with Mega Aggron. A Pokemon that can easily defeat bulky Water-types,(add comma) such as Jellicent, Shaymin,(remove comma) or Zapdos,(add comma) is very apprecciated appreciated. Reliable ground/fighting resists resisters of Ground- and Fighting-type moves such as Salamence, Crobat, and Cresselia support Mega Aggron decently, good options here are Salamence, Crobat or Cresselia all work well as they can all resist or are immune to Aggrons 2 of 3 weaknesses. Mega Aggron often loses to bulky setup sweeper like Suicune, Curse Swampert, Reuniclus, Doublade etc. so it's better to take them out before attempting to Curse up and try to sweep (ok you literally copy and pasted the previous statement from another section. Normally, GP checkers aren't supposed to delete repetitive info across different sections, but this sentence literally presents no new details and is an example of downright laziness. I'm removing it.) Curse Mega Aggron really appreciates Entry hazard support from Pokemon such as Swampert, Dragalge, Chesnaught, Tentacruel, and Nidoqueen, they can help wearing wear down common checks down and support Mega Aggron for a potential sweep. Hazard setter that synergize well with Mega Aggron are suggested Pokemon like Swampert, Dragalge, Chesnaught, Tentacruel or Nidoqueen all cover some of Mega Aggrons weaknesses and can set up hazards to help Mega Aggron having an easier time.

soooo... the further I delved into checking this analysis, the more apparent it became that you put very minimal effort into even constructing sentences that follow standard written English. I hate to sound snippy, but this got rather frustrating.

some sidenotes:
-try not to make odd phrases/terms with moves and items ("scarfed" isn't a thing, and you used "cursing up" quite a bit lol)
-you made a significant amount of simple mistakes (for example: "Swamper" instead of "Swampert" in addition to simply leaving out end marks entirely.) I know proper grammar/spelling ain't your job here, but it seemed as if you put absolutely no effort into even trying to use proper grammar and spelling. Doing this can make the process of getting the analysis finished rather toilsome both for the GP checkers and for you (because our checks will be extensive and most likely hard to follow due to the large amount of corrections.)

other than that, this is GP 1/2 my friend. lemme know if you have any questions :]

edit: ok after browsing your profile I have realized that English might not be your first language... O_o my apologies. Still, there were a number of mistakes that aren't excused by that fact.

Last edited:
It's absolutely okay lol, I know my English isn't the best since i started learning it in the 4th class and I'm bilingual so its my 3rd language, my apologies aswell I definitely could've done it better you're right

e:
good options here are Salamence, Crobat or Cresselia all work well as they can all resist or are immune to Aggrons 2 of 3 weaknesses. Mega Aggron often loses to bulky setup sweeper like Suicune, Curse Swampert, Reuniclus, Doublade etc. so it's better to take them out before attempting to Curse up and try to sweep (ok you literally copy and pasted the previous statement from another section. Normally, GP checkers aren't supposed to delete repetitive info across different sections, but this sentence literally presents no new details and is an example of downright laziness. I'm removing it.)
this was actually a mistake i meant to post that in usage tips but posted it here and after dodmen told me that it was wrong placed it put it in usage tips and forgot to take it out of team options, my bad lol.

e2: done with the changes btw :P

Last edited:

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove add (Capitalize / Fix) (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 2/2
[SET]
name: Curse
move 1: Curse
move 2: Heavy Slam / Iron Head
move 3: Rest

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
Curse is the key move of this set making makes Mega Aggron a great bulky setup sweeper. Heavy Slam hits very hard due to Mega Aggron's massive weight. Iron Head is an option with more PP and give Mega Aggron a better matchup against heavy Pokemon such as Snorlax. Rest is Mega Aggron's only recovery option, and it also serves to cure troublesome status such as burn and paralysis. Sleep Talk takes up the fourth move slot, allowing Mega Aggron to boost its stats or attack against opponents while asleep. Earthquake can be used over Sleep Talk to catch Fire-types off guard.

Set Details
========
Maximum HP Evs EVs are needed because of Mega Aggron's average base 70 HP stat. Maximum Special Defense investment is used to reduce damage taken from special attackers while setting up with Curse, allowing Mega Aggron to survive two Focus Blasts from defensive Reuniclus, a Fire Blast from Chandelure, a Life Orb-boosted Fire Blast from Timid Moltres, and a Modest maximum Special Attack Focus Blast from Mega Ampharos. Careful is the preferred nature, as it adds a great deal of greatly improves Mega Aggron's special bulk.

Usage Tips
========
Before setting up with Curse, be sure to weaken or defeat powerful Fire-types, as they can threaten Mega Aggron with their powerful STAB attacks. Pokemons Pokemon with access to Roar such as Suicune, Vaporeon, and Swampert can phaze Mega Aggron out while it is trying to set up with Curse up. Mega Aggron often loses to bulky setup sweepers such as(remove line break) Suicune, Curse Swampert, Reuniclus, and Doublade, (AC) so it's better to take them out before attempting to set up with Curse. Taking out powerful Fighting- and Ground-types before sending Mega Aggron out is very appreciated recommended, as they'll give Mega Aggron a hard time setting up. Mega Aggron's setup fodder consists mostly Fairy-types, passive Pokemon, or and physical attackers Aggron (make this either "non-Mega Aggron" or "it", idk which one you mean here and in the latter case ugly repetition is ugly) can deal with. Thanks to its beastly physical Defense, and even more so thanks to Rest, (AC) Mega Aggron can functure function as a counter to plenty of physical attackers, and even moreso thanks to Rest. A few uses of Curse and the ability Filter work in tandem to allow Mega Aggron to take on Lucario's Close Combat and Darmanitan's Flare Blitz easily.

Team Options
========
Specially defensive Pokemon (such as?) are great partners for Mega Aggron because they can help with super effective special attacks, which Mega Aggron struggles with. Clerics pair well with Mega Aggron, replacing the unreliable Rest with a trusty Wish. Physically defensive Florges will greatly aid Mega Aggron by dealing with Fighting-types. Bulky Water-types (such as?) help Mega Aggron with the threat posed by Fire-types and overall pair well with Mega Aggron it. Conversely, (AC) a Pokemon that can easily defeat bulky Water-types, such as Shaymin or Zapdos, (AC) is very appreciated too. Reliable resisters Ground- and Fighting-type moves Fighting-resistant Pokemon (such as?) support Mega Aggron decently. Entry hazard support from Pokemon such as Swampert, Dragalge, Chesnaught, Tentacruel, and Nidoqueen can help wear down common checks and support Mega Aggron for a potential sweep.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)