ORAS UU Mega Beedrill Offensive Volt-Turn Team

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alright, first ever RMT. I decided to post this team I made today by building a Volt-Turn team based around Mega Beedrill. So here's a look at the team:

Aight nice and ez. Here's the teambuilding process:

So I started with Mega Beedrill, arguably the best glass cannon in the tier right now. Hits so fuckin' hard to anything that doesnt resist it so started with this.

Now I added a reliable U-turn partner who's also a defogger since Mega Beedrill appreciates hazard removals.

Then I added a rocker to myself which is also a great defensive wall which means it can tank psyshocks all day and have good special bulk as well. Another U-Turner to the team.

Then I realised I'm really weak to ice spam, Mega Aerodactyl and Entei. Also I realised the tier I was playing is UU. So CroCune is added :]

Now I realised I have 0 switchins against Hydreigon and Scarf Porygon Z, as well as Mega Ampharos. So here comes Florges.

Then I realised a CroCune can 6-0 me and I added another great offensive pressure to the opposing team in the form of Heliolisk.

Ok so here's the team :]

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off

ORAS has gained this beast. Although shit defenses, this thing literally hits like a fucking truck, 2hkoing about 70% of the UU metagame. Also, even though it has shit defenses, it has insane sanic speed to outspeed base 80 scarfs and U-turn to a wall. U-Turn is mandatory alongside Poison Jab. Protect is there to get the speed boost while mega-evolving and scouting for scarf mons moves. Also, having protect puts your opponent to think you'll protect while they set up, so you can nuke them that turn. That obviously depends on the type of players you face. Knock off is for Crobat, Gligar and other resists that value their items.

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Gligar, originally RU, has moved up to UU by usage as it can wall almost every physical hits and neutral special moves. Roost is mandatory here since you want it to be alive for long. Earthquake is earthquake, Stealth Rock supports the team and is arguable the best move in all of Pokemon and U-Turn is to use on a pokemon that you tank and they're going to switch out and you can keep up the momentum.

Crobat
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn/Taunt

This thing is so good in the tier right now, being the most used UU mon in the meta. With incredible speed and decent bulk, and the 4x resist to fighting spam and decent attack, it has become the Obligatory Bat. No item because fuck knock offs. Acrobatics for STAB attacks, Defog because Drill doesnt like them. Roost because I like healing myself and U-turn is for momentum control.

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 240 HP / 228 Def / 32 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

This thing completely walls Hydreigon, one of the threats to this team, and stops Dragon spam. Got incredible Special Bulk and decent physical bulk, and access to Wish pass, something which is really helpful for Mr. Drill. Wish Protect for longevity. Moonblast for obligatory STAB while Aromatherapy because fuck yo status.

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Hyper Voice
- Thunderbolt

Rip Raikou ;~; This thing is really good and with the addition of Hyper Voice, it's got irresistible coverage, meaning it can do a number on almost everything. With a base speed of 109 it can outspeed base 108's and with Orb it hits quite hard. Also, it can love to come in on scalds and get that health up. yumE. Volt Switch because I like momentum. Grass Knot kills Swampert and 2hkos Donphan and Krookodile. Hyper Voice hits Mega Ampharos and Mega Abomasnow (Not regular one cuz Soundproof rip ;_;) and doing good damage to anything neutral

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind

Ah the obligatory dog. Really innovative set guys. It's totally ungeneric I promise! 16 speed EVs to speedcreep other Crocunes and Gligars.

Offensive Nidoqueen: 0 switchins :\\\. Also can tank a hit from about everything unlike Nidoking
Dragon Dancers: Gatrs, Mence and Haxorus might be a problem if they get 2 DDs up. Gatr, you gotta switch to Beedrill asap and jab it. Crobat EVs outspeed it at +1 if adamant so that's that. Mence and Haxorus, Florges+Crocune is your best bet. I like switching between Crobat and Florges to tank both Poison Jab and Outrages respectively.
Mega Aerodactyl: Don't lose CroCune. If you do, rip.
CroCune: Don't lose Helio, or else it's over if you're unlucky.

So yeah guys that's my RMT like/comment on how to make it better thanks :]​

Last edited:
Honestly don't like the crobat spread, having no attack investment makes you incredibly weak. I think taunt would work really well in crobat vs stall (remember blissey earlier today?). I get this is volt turn but perhaps taunt over u turn on crobat.

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Honestly don't like the crobat spread, having no attack makes you incredibly weak. I think taunt would work really well in crobat vs stall (remember blissey earlier today?). I get this is volt turn but perhaps taunt over u turn on crobat.
Yeah Blissey is a problem. The thing is that if I use an item+Bbird then knock off, if I invest more atk evs then mega beedrill becomes a problem as well :\

Maybe change Ice Beam on Crocune would be helpful against mence, haxorus etc. Also as you said you have huge difficulties with nidoqueen offensively and defensively maybe consider surf over grass knot on helio as swamper gets huge dmg on hyper voice switch and surf is almost sure ohko on nido so its less of a pain otherwise sexy team and saw you laddering with nicely done!

Alright, first ever RMT. I decided to post this team I made today by building a Volt-Turn team based around Mega Beedrill. So here's a look at the team:

Aight nice and ez. Here's the teambuilding process:

So I started with Mega Beedrill, arguably the best glass cannon in the tier right now. Hits so fuckin' hard to anything that doesnt resist it so started with this.

Now I added a reliable U-turn partner who's also a defogger since Mega Beedrill appreciates hazard removals.

Then I added a rocker to myself which is also a great defensive wall which means it can tank psyshocks all day and have good special bulk as well. Another U-Turner to the team.

Then I realised I'm really weak to ice spam, Mega Aerodactyl and Entei. Also I realised the tier I was playing is UU. So CroCune is added :]

Now I realised I have 0 switchins against Hydreigon and Scarf Porygon Z, as well as Mega Ampharos. So here comes Florges.

Then I realised a CroCune can 6-0 me and I added another great offensive pressure to the opposing team in the form of Heliolisk.

Ok so here's the team :]

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off

ORAS has gained this beast. Although shit defenses, this thing literally hits like a fucking truck, 2hkoing about 70% of the UU metagame. Also, even though it has shit defenses, it has insane sanic speed to outspeed base 80 scarfs and U-turn to a wall. U-Turn is mandatory alongside Poison Jab. Protect is there to get the speed boost while mega-evolving and scouting for scarf mons moves. Also, having protect puts your opponent to think you'll protect while they set up, so you can nuke them that turn. That obviously depends on the type of players you face. Knock off is for Crobat, Gligar and other resists that value their items.

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Gligar, originally RU, has moved up to UU by usage as it can wall almost every physical hits and neutral special moves. Roost is mandatory here since you want it to be alive for long. Earthquake is earthquake, Stealth Rock supports the team and is arguable the best move in all of Pokemon and U-Turn is to use on a pokemon that you tank and they're going to switch out and you can keep up the momentum.

Crobat
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn/Taunt

This thing is so good in the tier right now, being the most used UU mon in the meta. With incredible speed and decent bulk, and the 4x resist to fighting spam and decent attack, it has become the Obligatory Bat. No item because fuck knock offs. Acrobatics for STAB attacks, Defog because Drill doesnt like them. Roost because I like healing myself and U-turn is for momentum control.

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 240 HP / 228 Def / 32 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

This thing completely walls Hydreigon, one of the threats to this team, and stops Dragon spam. Got incredible Special Bulk and decent physical bulk, and access to Wish pass, something which is really helpful for Mr. Drill. Wish Protect for longevity. Moonblast for obligatory STAB while Aromatherapy because fuck yo status.

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Hyper Voice
- Thunderbolt

Rip Raikou ;~; This thing is really good and with the addition of Hyper Voice, it's got irresistible coverage, meaning it can do a number on almost everything. With a base speed of 109 it can outspeed base 108's and with Orb it hits quite hard. Also, it can love to come in on scalds and get that health up. yumE. Volt Switch because I like momentum. Grass Knot kills Swampert and 2hkos Donphan and Krookodile. Hyper Voice hits Mega Ampharos and Mega Abomasnow (Not regular one cuz Soundproof rip ;_;) and doing good damage to anything neutral

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind

Ah the obligatory dog. Really innovative set guys. It's totally ungeneric I promise! 16 speed EVs to speedcreep other Crocunes and Gligars.

Offensive Nidoqueen: 0 switchins :\\\. Also can tank a hit from about everything unlike Nidoking
Dragon Dancers: Gatrs, Mence and Haxorus might be a problem if they get 2 DDs up. Gatr, you gotta switch to Beedrill asap and jab it. Crobat EVs outspeed it at +1 if adamant so that's that. Mence and Haxorus, Florges+Crocune is your best bet. I like switching between Crobat and Florges to tank both Poison Jab and Outrages respectively.
Mega Aerodactyl: Don't lose CroCune. If you do, rip.
CroCune: Don't lose Helio, or else it's over if you're unlucky.

So yeah guys that's my RMT like/comment on how to make it better thanks :]​
0 Attack IVs on Florges, Heliolisk and Suicune for Foul Play and Confusion.

feen

control
Maybe change Ice Beam on Crocune would be helpful against mence, haxorus etc. Also as you said you have huge difficulties with nidoqueen offensively and defensively maybe consider surf over grass knot on helio as swamper gets huge dmg on hyper voice switch and surf is almost sure ohko on nido so its less of a pain otherwise sexy team and saw you laddering with nicely done!
Thanks man, I'll give that a shot :]

Reactions: ict
Hey cool team! Ill reserve this spot to rate it at a more suitable time for me n_n

Edit:

Hey Arifeen, I have finally found some time to check out your team and im not going to lie I had a hard time finding issues with it! Solid players make solid teams I suppose, but there is one thing I want to recommend or at least bring to your attention. Due to the fact that you mention you had problems handling with Dragon Dancers sweeper like Mence and Gatr I'd like to say that you could use Roar over Calm Mind on Suicune to solve this problem. I know it takes away from having potential the best Calm Mind sweeper in UU, but it really handles those physical threats and also other Crocunes a lot better. It also provide a momentum breaker to use against your opponent, leaving you with free opportunities to switch in to your hard hitters like Beedrill and on top of that it frees up a spot as Heliolisk could be replaced by a stronger Pokemon that also provides momentum. That's my two cents on your team freind, im Sorry if its not much, but like I said its a really well made team! Good luck with the team and I look forward to seeing you post again!

Last edited:

Lilymoding

formerly Kyosuru Jets
Arifeen u are a skrub. I would probably recommend some steel type rocker like maybe steelix I don't fucking know over gligar. Florges and Crobat take care of fighting, Suicune eats fire and water, just a suggestion ?_?

Good team tho

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Sup man this actually looks like a pretty solid team ngl. In your threat list you have down that nidoqueen gives you some issues and a suggestion I have to help you with queen is that you can put surf over grass knot on helio as with a little prior damage you can ohko queen who doesn't run nearly as much hp nowadays, but just a suggestion none the less I know how tempting GK is. Other than that it looks like a pretty solid team.

252 SpA Life Orb Heliolisk Surf vs. 40 HP / 0 SpD Nidoqueen: 260-307 (78.5 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

feen

control
Arifeen u are a skrub. I would probably recommend some steel type rocker like maybe steelix I don't fucking know over gligar. Florges and Crobat take care of fighting, Suicune eats fire and water, just a suggestion ?_?

Good team tho
Steelix non mega is bad :[

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Perhaps try Stone Edge Krookodile over Gligar as it gives you another Mega Aerodactyl check, a Psychic immunity, serves as your rocker, and is a good Nidoqueen check. Perhaps try out Roar Calm Mind Suicune as it gives you a way to muscle past CroCune and phase out Dragon Dancers. You have Florges to remove the Sleep anyways so hopefully it shouldn't be too much of a hindrance. Aside from that, the only other issue I could find is the lack of priority, which I couldn't find any space to fit in. Aside from that looks like a decent team, looking forward to seeing more of these.

feen

control
Perhaps try Stone Edge Krookodile over Gligar as it gives you another Mega Aerodactyl check, a Psychic immunity, serves as your rocker, and is a good Nidoqueen check. Perhaps try out Roar Calm Mind Suicune as it gives you a way to muscle past CroCune and phase out Dragon Dancers. You have Florges to remove the Sleep anyways so hopefully it shouldn't be too much of a hindrance. Aside from that, the only other issue I could find is the lack of priority, which I couldn't find any space to fit in. Aside from that looks like a decent team, looking forward to seeing more of these.
Yeah, Florges+Roar Cune is a great combo. Although a new playstyle I'm going to look forward to do so. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)