ORAS OU Mega Gardevoir Balance-Stealing your Waifu.(Peaked 1741)

INTRODUCTION

Hey guys,Elitist Weeaboo here.

This is my first RMT, so forgive me if I make any mistakes.
I've really wanted to make a good OU team with Gardevoir mega for a long time,after trying and trying I think I've finally built a team which is semi decent.It might not be the best Mega Gardevoir team out there but It kinda works.......kinda.

HUGE thanks to Arik for organizing things.

Mega Gardevoir

Big fan of pokemons that can hit like a nuke,thus I choose Mega Gardevoir .Mega Gardevoir can break stall teams if played right and more importantly can one shot non boosted Mega Sableye which I really hate to face.

Scizor

Next up is Scizor,I really like using banded scizor.Its my primary check to fairy type and the only priority move user in my team.

Rotom-Wash and Landorus-Therian

I really wanted volt-turn support for this team plus volt-turn support helps Mega Gardevoir
quite a lot. Their good bulk is also very crucial for this team.

Clefable

Next member is Clefable,this mon is like a glue that helps my team stick together.

Keldeo-Resolute

Finally,we have Keldeo-Resolute.I originally wanted to use Starmie but Bisharp was becoming a huge problem.So I switched Starmie with Keldeo.

TEAM OVERVIEW

Lorelai (Gardevoir) (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Taunt

It's one of my favorite mega to use.Who doesn't like spamming Hyper Voice?ha ha...Taunt helps me deal with mons such as Chansey,Clefable etc. Psyshock is STAB and Focus Blast is for Heatran,Ferrothorn and Scizor switch ins. This is my main weapon vs stall and balance teams as they rarely have good switch ins for this. Modest nature for the max power and 0 attack iv to take foul play better.

Ukoback (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Rotom-Wash,this pokemon is quite annoying to face and annoying for my opponents.It helps my team against Scizors,Mega Metagross , Azumarill etc and comes with additional volt switch support. Volt switch is for momentum , Hydro pump is strong stab that hits ground types , w-o-w to cripple my opponents and Pain Split for somewhat decent recovery.

Stolas (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

As I said before It works as a glue for this team,providing rock and T-wave support.T-wave helps against faster threats Lopunny-Mega,Scarfed Keldeo,Mega Charizard X.My Landorus-Therian has choice scarf,so I kept stealth rock on Clefable. Moonblast is obligatory stab and Soft-boiled is for recovery.
The EV spread lets me take on stuff like non NP Thundurus , Manectric and such.

Goliath (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

I needed a choice scarf user, the first thing that came to my mind was Landorus-Therian. It learns U-turn which is quite helpful for my mega. I kept adamant nature on Landorus for that power.Jolly nature can also be used as it out-speeds adamant nature Charizard X after dragon dance. Strone Edge to hit mons that are immune to EQ and knock off for fat psychics which are annoying I.E Slowbro

Paranoia (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

This Scizor set is quite standard. Bullet punch is Scizor's main priority.U-turn is for grabbing momentum, pursuit is for trapping lati twins and Mega metagross and superpower is for Ferrothorns and other steel types which you can hit on the switch such as Mega-Metagross. I went for Max Bulk and Max Attack as I feel that is the best set.

Rusalka (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Secret Sword

This little pony is my primary Bisharp check,without this Bisharp kind of wrecks this team. Scald is for spreading burns,though I never seem to get that much burns. Hydro Pump is for nuking things,Secret Sword is Keldeo's secondary STAB move and helps helps me against fat pink blobs(Chansey) and some other things. Hidden Power [Electric] is to hit Azumarills and water types such as Slowbro and Gyarados.

This concludes my RMT , thank you for viewing it. If you have anything to say then please do on the comments. All feedback and constructive criticism is appreciated.

Lorelai (Gardevoir) (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Taunt

Ukoback (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Stolas (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Goliath (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Paranoia (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Rusalka (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Secret Sword

This poses a big threat to my team,after a nasty plot It's kinda hard to stop this thing.

Do not let this thing set up,I repeat do not let it set up.If It does it's pretty much good game.

This thing is really a problem,watch out.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-278739607 - Mega Gardevoir nuking things.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-278733759 - Keldeo to the rescue.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-275970383 - Using Starmie instead of Keldeo.

BreloomMyHomie

Golden State Warriors Bandwagon Fan
cool team you have there. I have a couple of suggestions that might make the team better. First off, regarding the Gardevoir spread, I think you should sacrifice 20 more special attack evs and invest it in defense and HP. With 16 HP and 8 Defense EVs, you can live 2 Psyshocks from Life Orb Latios. Another thing I noticed is that you mentioned that Charizard Y and NP Thundurus I are threats to the team. This is why I'm thinking Hippowdon>Landorus T. Hippowdon is a very bulky pokemon that can take a SolarBeam from Charizard Y and Thundurus I and ohko or at least mutilate with a Stone Edge. It can also deal with DD Zard X if healthy and knock it out with an EQ. Since Hippowdon is an excellent stealth rock user, you don't need rocks on clefable. In my opinion, I'd get rid of Stealth Rocks and go Flamethrower/CM. Flamethrower is nice because you can take one nonboosted bullet punch from Mega Scizor and damage it weaken it with Flamethrower to the point where one of your teammates can revenge kill it. CM T-Wave on Clefable is known for being one of the most annoying sets to face, but is very effective. Hope you take my suggestions into consideration and gl with the team. :]

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower / Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

busyguy

formerly mil
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey, nice team. Mega Gardevoir is really a threat to stall and balance.
On Balance teams I like to make an overview, because the most used threats should be covered defensively.

As you say already, Charizard Y is a problem for that team. Mega Lopunny is also a Pokemon you should watch out for.
The other thing I want to address is that on VoltTurn teams, you need Hazard removal, because you will be switching a lot.
First suggestion:

Timid > Modest
  • Speed tie or outspeed Charizards, finish them off with Psyshock or Hyper Voice after Stealh Rock damage
  • Hoopa-U, Mega Altaria, Manaphy (after boost) are very common and can KO back, you also don't have switchins to these three, outspeeding and killing them is crucial, so you don't have to switch
  • Also a spread of 16 HP, 8 Defense avoids being 2hkod by Latios Psyshock, with just a little bit of damage, Clefable is 2hkod by it
I agree with BreloomMyHomie on the Hippowdon. It helps with Electric types, also VoltTurn teams, as well as Lopunny.

Current state:

We included Hippowdon, which serves as a Talonflame, Electric and Mega Lopunny check. Rotom+Hippowdown is a little too passive. Team looks weak to Serperior now and Charizard Y still does what it wants to.
(AV)>

• keeps VoltTurn going
  • helps against Thundurus, Mega Manectric and opposing Raikou
  • improves the matchup against Serperoir
  • can beat Charizard Y 1v1
Now:

That team still struggles with Specs Keldeo and Charizard Y, which are both common. Raikou is a pretty good pivot, and Clefable doesn't really provide unique capabilities to that team anymore. Also you are still running VoltTurn without hazard removal, so:
>

• defog support!
  • an answer to Charizard Y
  • Keldeo-switchin/water resist
Finally:

PastebinOfTeam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)