ORAS OU Mega Heracross Fever (1311 and counting) [EDITED]

This is a hyper offensive Mega Heracross team. 1311 may not be the highest ranking, I have been getting consistent wins with this team. Hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, and by the way, this is some music you can jam to while reading this RMT (cause, you know, this song is an awesome theme for Mega Heracross).

===Story===
Several months ago, I tried to make the best team I could around Mega Heracross. Lots of failures resulted, so I finally took a break. Now, I came back with the same desire to build a great Mega Heracross team. The Mega Heracross fever had hit me again. I was no longer overthinking the teambuilding process like I had done before, and I managed to build a solid hyper offense team.

TB Process:

I love Mega Heracross, because he is so fun to play. With this steroid-abusing stag beetle, I can scare and surprise my opponent, as they usually don't prepare for him. Mega Heracross also has fantastic matchups against most stall teams and sand offense. I try my best to cover up his weaknesses and create overall team synergy, as shown throughout the teambuilding process.

Thundurus possesses marvelous offensive synergy with Mega Heracross. He can beat Mega Pinsir and scare away Talonflame (though Talonflame has a chance of OHKOing Thundurus after some prior damage), both of whom are threatening to my main Pokemon. With HP Ice, Thundurus checks both Gliscor and non-scarfed Landorus-t, who can stall Mega Heracross. In return, Mega Heracross can take down Pokemon that threaten Thundurus, such as Hippowdon, Seismitoad, and Quagsire using Bullet Seed; Mega Venusaur, Celebi, Mega Sceptile, and Cresselia with Pin Missile; and Chansey and Heatran with Close Combat. Finally, Thundurus is an emergency stop to dangerous sweepers.

I made Keldeo scarfed, because I was afraid of Mega Lopunny. Scarfed Keldeo can revenge kill other fast threats, like Mega Sceptile, Scarfed Landorus-t, and boosted Mega Charizard X to an extent. It has the crucial ability to reliably switch into Heatran and Weavile, both of whom would trouble my team otherwise.

Bisharp is a terrific support unit to the team. It can Pursuit trap the Lati twins and take care of Fairy-types, all of whom would be problematic otherwise. Most importantly, it prevents opponents from removing their hazards on their side via Defog, enabling numerous opportunities for my teammates to sweep. Bisharp itself is also a great late-game cleaner.

Latios is the mandatory defogger, especially when considering Thundurus's nasty Stealth Rock weakness. He has the crucial ability to switch in Electric-types a few times, which can potentially change the outcome of the battle in my favor. Latios is a great sweeper without Tyranitar and Steel- and Fairy-types on the battlefield.

After taking a while to decide who is going to be my Stealth Rocker, I chose Azelf. He can prevent opposing hazard setters from doing their job via Taunt and retain offensive momentum via Explosion.

I believed that I didn't cover my Fairy weakness enough, so I replaced Bisharp with Scizor. While Bisharp can only destroy Clefable, Scizor can also take care of Clefable, along with Mega Altaria, Mega Gardevoir, and Mega Diancie. Despite not having Defiant, Scizor has the ability to switch in the Lati twins and Fairy types and Pursuit trap the former. Besides, I don't really need a Defiant user, because TankChomp (shown below) has the bulk to set up Stealth Rock repeatedly.

Sometimes I think to myself: "Why didn't I consider TankChomp?" Well goodbye, Azelf! TankChomp is an incredible Stealth Rock setter to my team. Unlike Azelf, TankChomp drastically reduces the threat of prominent physical attackers like Mega Pinsir and Talonflame. In the replay against TheWindWalker, TankChomp basically saved my team from Toxicroak, whom I had had no other reliable switch-ins to. Garchomp is ranked A+ in the OU viability rankings for a reason.

Listening to Tricking's suggestion, I replaced Hippowdon over TankChomp, because the hippo can repeatedly check Mega Charizard X, dangerous Electric-types, and birdspam due to its reliable recovery and superior overall bulk and typing (thank you, Tricking).

THE TEAM!!!11!1!!one

JOHN CENA (Heracross) (M) @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
  • Moxie can boost John Cena's Attack.
  • Max Attack and Speed with Jolly nature to maximize wallbreaking capabilities and outspeed Breloom, Bisharp, and Adamant Dragonite.
  • Close Combat destroys Ferrothorn, Heatran, and Chansey
  • Pin Missile is for Slowbro, Mega Sableye, and tanky and offensive Garchomps.
  • Rock Blast hits Dragonite, Talonflame, and Zapdos.
  • Bullet Seed is a surprise factor and obliterates Rotom-w, Hippowdon, and Quagsire.

Charged Up (Thundurus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

-Focus Blast -Nasty Plot
  • Life Orb for maximum damage.
  • Prankster prioritizes Thunder Wave, which severely cripples sweepers.
  • Maximum Special Attack and Speed and Timid nature to take advantage of its speed tier and power.
  • Thunder Wave slows down faster sweepers, leaving them open to revenge killing.
  • Thunderbolt is a strong STAB and forces out Manaphy, Slowbro, and Skarmory.
  • HP Ice kills Gliscor and Landorus-t.
  • Focus Blast smashes Steel-types as well as Mega Manectric on the switch.
  • Nasty Plot makes Thundurus a fast and dangerous win condition, as well as enabling him to dismantle numerous defensive cores.

Willy Wonka (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
  • Choice Scarf for better revenge killing capabilities.
  • Timid nature to take advantage of speed. (You know what the EVs do)
  • Scald can spread burns and potentially whittle down its switch-ins/checks.
  • Secret Sword is a great STAB attack that scares away Steel-types. This move was the sole reason why I picked Keldeo in the first place; it can reliably revenge kill Mega Lopunny.
  • Hydro Pump a very strong move.
  • Icy Wind targets Latios, Dragonite, and Mega Sceptile.

RKO (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
  • Choice Band delivers great power, especially in conjunction with U-turn.
  • Technician boosts the power of Bullet Punch and Pursuit by 50%.
  • Adamant Nature and 252 Attack maximizes power, and 252 HP and 8 SpD maximizes bulk.
  • Bullet Punch is the primary revenge killing tool.
  • U-turn maintains offensive momentum.
  • Superpower does great damage to opposing Steel-types.
  • Pursuit traps the Lati twins, Mega Gardevoir, and Mega Alakazam.

intervention (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake -Recover
- Defog
  • Life Orb for more power. (29 HP IVs to minimize its recoil damage)
  • Maximum Special Attack and Speed to...ugh, do I have to say this again?
  • Hasty instead of Timid nature to make Earthquake more powerful and make Latios faster. Timid nature in order to maximize power and speed.
  • Draco Meteor is a good hit-and-run move.
  • STAB Psyshock is good neutral coverage.
  • Earthquake baits Heatran and kills it. However, I'm not sure if HP Fire is a superior choice.
  • Recover enables Latios to check Mega Charizard Y and sometimes Electric-types repeatedly.
  • Defog removes hazards.

i ate those food (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast
  • Rocky Helmet and Rough Skin together scream "RESIDUAL DAMAGE"
  • 240 HP, 176 Def, and Impish nature make Garchomp a great physical tank, outspeed positive-natured base 70 Speed Pokemon with 92 Spe.
  • Stealth Rock pressures and wears down the opponent's Pokemon.
  • Toxic is for punishing Garchomp's usual switch-ins, such as Slowbro, Hippowdon, and Rotom-w.
  • Dragon Tail phazes Pokemon, making Garchomp escape unfavorable matchups. Also prevents setup sweepers from boosting.
  • Fire Blast roasts Steel-types, namely Ferrothorn and Skarmory.

CHEEKY (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
    Impish Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Slack Off
    - Stone Edge
    • Leftovers give crucial passive recovery.
    • The given EV spread and nature prevents Hippowdon from being OHKO'd by +2 Life Orb Terrakion's Close Combat and 2HKO'd by Life Orb Thundurus's and Mega Manectric's HP Ice.
    • Earthquake packs quite a punch to sweepers that are weak to it or don't resist it.
      Stealth Rock pressures and wears down the opponent's Pokemon.
    • Slack Off recovers 50% of Hippowdon's HP.
    • Stone Edge hits mostly Flying-types, whom Hippowdon is meant to check.

===========Replays+++++++++++++
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-298258287 vs Chiggas
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-298260786 vs TheWindWalker

written by toenails_sauce​

Last edited:
Hi toenails_sauce very nice team , your Mega Heracross' Set is similar to mine its really good in breaking balance and sand. Btw back to rate , so first of all you looks weak to Mega Charizard X , five of your mons don't let it set up but Scizor lets it set up very easily , so I think Landorus-t > Garchomp , it counters almost all the mons that Tank Chomp counters but also helps Heracross in Checking Sand but it can't counter Bisharp , but you have Keldeo to counter and check it. Althogh you will lose Toxic , but you have 3 mons to counter Hippowdon , Slowbro etc so I think it don't really matters but the point that really matters is you lacks a phazer now which means you are weak to Will-o-Wisp + bulk up Talonflame now. So I think you need a reliable Counter / Check to it. So if you agree with the Landorus change then I think Raikou > Thundurus , Assault Vest Raikou not only checks BIrdspam but also counters Tornadus-t which is a threat to your team also it forms a great Volt-turn core with Landorus , but if you don't want to change Thundurus , then I think Nasty Plot Thundurus > Thunder Wave Thundurus , which is a solid wincon for your team. At last your only switch-in to Keldeo are Latios and Keldeo itself so I think Recover > Earthquake on Latios , I know luring is cool , I myself always try to add lure sets as much as I can but if it makes you weak to something then it not really worth it. So , that's what I think about your team.
Landorus-t @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 Atk / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Charged Up (Thundurus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Flying]
- Focus Blast / Grass Knot

Summary:
Garchomp >>>>
Landorus-Therian
Thundurus (Set)
Or
Thundurus >>>>
Raikou

Hope I helped :]

Last edited:

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Hi toenails_sauce, nice team you have here!

However, the team loses to almost any Electric-type due to the lack of a solid resistor and can be even 6-0ed by either Manectric-Mega or Raikou. So, I suggest you to put Hippowdon over Garchomp in order to have a solid switch-in to Electric-types as well as keeping entry hazards support. Hippowdon also helps you against Charizard X and Talonflame which both give you a hard time. Then, I'd just give Heracross Swords Dance over Bullet Seed because you need a solid win condition against fat cores, and Bullet Seed doesn't add that much to Heracross' stallbreaking capability.

Now, the addition of Hippowdon makes it more difficult to switch effectively into Charizard Y, so I suggest you to replace Earthquake with Roost on Latios, this will allow you to deal with Charizard Y with ease as you will be able to switch Latios into any attack and then recover, while still threatening Charizard with STAB moves.

Then, I feel like you don't need to lure Ferrothorn with Thundurus too, so I'd just use Nasty Plot over Focus Blast because you need Thunder Wave for speed control, and Nasty Plot Thundurus alongside Heracross should be able to break through every fat core.

Finally, this isn't mandatory, but if you want a way more reliable Pursuit trapper, just replace Scizor with Assault Vest Metagross; you will lose something in terms of power, but you will be able to check Fairy-types and trap latwins more easily. Instead, if you want a more offensive-inclined team, you can even use Sand Rush Excadrill in tandem with Hippowdon.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force / Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Excadrill @ Air Balloon / Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Good luck with your team!

Thank ALL of you for your help! You guys are amazing! I will experiment with all of your suggestions and see which one works best.

Just wanna know a few things: is my Thundurus not a reliable enough "stop" to setup sweepers like Mega Charizard X? And if I have my TankChomp, how can SD/CB Talonflame threaten my team? Why not keep Bullet Seed if opposing Hippowdon can trouble my team without my Keldeo (+2 HP Ice from Nasty Plot Thundurus does not OHKO Hippowdon)?

Thank you and happy late Thanksgiving!

Thank ALL of you for your help! You guys are amazing! I will experiment with all of your suggestions and see which one works best.

Just wanna know a few things: is my Thundurus not a reliable enough "stop" to setup sweepers like Mega Charizard X? And if I have my TankChomp, how can SD/CB Talonflame threaten my team? Why not keep Bullet Seed if opposing Hippowdon can trouble my team without my Keldeo (+2 HP Ice from Nasty Plot Thundurus does not OHKO Hippowdon)?

Thank you and happy late Thanksgiving!
Your Thundurus don't that much struggles against Zard X , it struggles more against Bulk Up Talonflame as it can burn you and burn + lo damage kills you yourself , it isn't the reliable one , same with Wisp Zard X.

The second thing that voltages wrote , isn't correct you don't struggles against Dual stab Talonflame as you have / had Garchomp for it , rocky helemt + rough skin + recoil damage is / was enough to wear it down.

The idea of Sd Cross isn't bad at all , although you have Keldeo and Latios to deal with Hippowdon so you can make a matchup against Hippowdon.

Hope I helped :]....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)