XY OU Mega Manectric OU Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Hi Im jedpalkia and im very new to smogon and everything here and this is my first time posting an RMT.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This is my ultimate killer to everything with his nice coverage and speed he can sweep almost anything. His set is very simple max special attack and speed and with the timid nature he can out speed almost everything. He also has a good combo with landorus-t with double intimidate on mega char-x and other physical attackers.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Def / 4 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

I'm sure you're asking why I would use starmie over excadrill. Well I noticed that starmie has higher base speed than excadrill. I need starmies coverage and with psyshock this star can take out assault vest conkeldurr.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Talonflame is my secondary choice lead in case there are a lot of threats for landorus-t. He is also one of my physical attackers and one of those who eliminate the pokemon in Mega Manectrics way. I didn't use life orb because I hate that time when you lose health because of using brave bird or flare blitz then u take the damage from life orb and instead of surviving a thunderbolt or something you just die simple as that.

Scizor @ Lum Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower

While testing some said that I should take out scizor for heatran and no im not doing that. Scizor is so great even though he is not mega evolved, he is my no.1 answer to those sylveon,azumarill and other fairy type pokes. I also his u-turn for momentum when I am going to bring out Manectric. Superpower is for killing fellow steel type pokemon like mega aggron, knock off is for latias, latios and for the likes of item dependent pokemon.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
My everyday lead, i use him to stealth rock and take out at least 1 of the opponent's pokes. He also has Volt Turn momentum to bring out Manectric and other pokemon. His evs are to help him tank a hit from physical attackers after putting stealth rock/defending against physical attackers with rocky helmet.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play
- Clear Smog
Finally Amoongus, people say that breloom is way better than amoongus. Im also need his coverage to grass and poison type moves so that i have a poke to counter against fairy type pokemon. Amoonguss' bulk is so good and with his regenerator ability he can switch out anytime he has health and when he comes back he is sure to have some health left to tank a hit or two. I always use him in case that there are important pokemon that need to be spored or clear smoged an out of the blue sigilyph or d.dance dragonite, mega char-x, mega pinsir etc.

Last edited:
Well quickly said your team looks rather weak to Mega Manectric despite you using one. But if your Mega Manectric gets weakened, then it's kinda gg. You could get something for it like Gastrodon or Quagsire.

For your mega manectric problem as Finnyfinfin said, you could opt for a more offensive scarf Landorus. Although you would lose out on stealth rocks you wouldn't have to worry about an opposing manectric sweeping.

Well quickly said your team looks rather weak to Mega Manectric despite you using one. But if your Mega Manectric gets weakened, then it's kinda gg. You could get something for it like Gastrodon or Quagsire.
i think ill try a quagsire w/ leftovers or rocky helmet?

no birdspam counter
whoever told you to swap out scizor for heatran i think they're right, heatran also beats fairies if it's running scarf with flash cannon, and also counters talonflame, also is there a reason why there are only 4 s attack evs on starmie?

no birdspam counter
whoever told you to swap out scizor for heatran i think they're right, heatran also beats fairies if it's running scarf with flash cannon, and also counters talonflame, also is there a reason why there are only 4 s attack evs on starmie?
i need him a bit more defensive so i think of only putiing 4 for sp.atk(though i didnt prioritized his sp.atk only hp and def)
so that Non STAB Knock off cant kill him:)

Last edited:
Okay

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Overheat

Many people don't expect ScarfTran so it can sometimes nag some suprise kills. Offensive spinner starmie has an offensive presence and can hit hard with STAB + LO + Analytic. Gengar doesn't exactly like taking Psyshock.

Okay

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Overheat
hmmmm. analytic eh? never thought of it though...
i think ill replace the fire blast for flamethrower(cuz most of the time when i use low accuracy moves they dont hit)

actually fire blast is recommended because it nags the 2HKO on mega venusaur without lowering your special attack
252+ SpA Heatran Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Thick Fat Mega Venusaur: 138-164 (37.9 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Heatran Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Thick Fat Mega Venusaur: 168-200 (46.1 - 54.9%) -- 60.5% chance to 2HKO

well you could run flamethrower if you like the accuracy, but the power drop can be underwhelming sometimes

also stone edge can be used over earthpower if you want to hit talonflame/charizard y

I tried reconstruction to my team. There:
Poodle (Manectric) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Irritating Parrot (Talonflame) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Poodle#2 (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Mushroom Man (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play
- Clear Smog

Shiny Treasure (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

Heat Man (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Overheat
Ill try to replace earthpower for stone edge and fire blast over flamethrower
Irrelevant:Added Nicknames

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi there. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to lock this thread. Your RMT lacks detailed descriptions, and your format isn't very neat. Please feel free to PM me once you think you can update this, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)