Mega Mania (Playable on Aqua)

Doing a defensive mega, as there aren't any in the collection post.

Cresselia-Mega
New BST: 120 / 80 / 140 / 105 / 150 / 105
Cresselia @ Mega Stone
Ability: Magic Bounce
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP /4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
- Moonblast

This set is a defensive calm mind user that is viable for three reasons. The first reason is that it has an insane level of bulk that allows it to easily set up on almost any Pokemon, as well as not get revenge killed by -ate users. The second is that it has an excellent speed of 105 that allows it to outrun a multitude of (non-mega) threats, which means that it can easily sweep once set up. The third reason is the immense value of Magic Bounce that allows it to avoid status, taunt, and phazing, which add to it's setup opportunities.

Last edited:

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Doing a defensive mega, as there aren't any in the collection post.

Cresselia-Mega
New BST: 120 / 80 / 140 / 105 / 150 / 105
Name @ Mega Stone
Ability: Magic Bounce
Shiny: Yes (If wanted to be special)
EVs: 252 HP /4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
- Moonblast

This set is a defensive calm mind user that is viable for three reasons. The first reason is that it has an insane level of bulk that allows it to easily set up on almost any Pokemon, as well as not get revenge killed by -ate users. The second is that it has an excellent speed of 105 that allows it to outrun a multitude of (non-mega) threats, which means that it can easily sweep once set up. The third reason is the immense value of Magic Bounce that allows it to avoid status, taunt, and phazing, which add to it's setup opportunities.
Cool set, but I like how you especially c/ped the example and didn't edit it to actually make sense! 'name', 'shiny: yes'

"and theres really no pokemon out there with its stats that is ou worthy, let alone one that has archeops' typing" when was the last time you seen aerodactyl up in ou without its mega? also archeops has been proven scary in every meta that takes away defeatist,(AAA for example unbanned it for a bit before banning it again) and also outspeeds a hefty portion of the meta (which if ates are gone, there aint much that hits it hard and fast enough barring bullet punchers and ice sharders which scizor wont see much use here seeing how "new megas" will be all the hype and choice band scizor is rare) as i said before, it BARELY crosses the line meta to meta, it needs a little nudge...but most metas give it too much of a shove into opness, also notable is the slight bulk increase in this meta, giving archeops 75/85/85 (nothing big, but w.e) what makes archeops scary, is latios level offenses and speed, mixed with an actual decent offensive typing, and getting all the nessisary coverage. when i said ban, i didnt mean quickban, and i shouldve gotten that out there. (also fun fact, archeops was used by some of the higher up players last gen BH and was actually good)
Ability Shift gave Archeops friggin' Defiant and it didn't see any use, in a meta where Wondermor and Wonderkoal existed. (Meanwhile Yveltal got Defeatist, got unbanned, still saw no use)

ates has a couple of hard stops even WITH the super powerful stab attacks, however, salamence isnt really a valid argument, because one can argue that salamence itself was broken, and aerialate was icing to the cake, take intimidate, mences bulk, and coverage and mixed capabilities, and you get a pokemon that has been banned 3 times allready since its introduction (3 right? pretty sure rse, diamond and pearl, and oras) i mean, why hasnt pinsir been banned with aerialate? how about altaria? pinsir has the same attack and same initial stealth rock weakness (until it switches out that is), and altaria has a superior typing. im not trying to start anything on this, im just saying, it wasnt JUST aerialate that made it op. mence has always been that one poke that nintendo seems to like.
A: Aerilate in specific is extremely difficult to wall, because Flying only needs Ground coverage and all that's left to slow you down is some Levitators and Flying types. Pixilate and Refrigerate are much more complex to actually cover, in spite of the fact that Pixilate also is only resisted by things vulnerable to Ground -the problem being that you get stuff like Ferrothorn is resistant to Pixilate and neutral to Ground vs neutral to your ludicrous STAB Aerilate. (And neutral to Ground)

B: My point about Salamence is that it doesn't get Extreme Speed, still got banned. -Ated Extreme Speed is a nutty thing, yes, but it's not the defining reason why -ate Abilities are so powerful.

C: Mega Pinsir has an awful typing and never uses its Bug STAB. It's terrifying in Type Control, where it can run something like Flying/Fighting and just murder everything.

Showdown unfortunately does care about Shininess. It is impossible to use a Shiny Celebi or Shiny Victini, for example, because these are unreleased. Entei has to be Shiny in order to use Extreme Speed, and the simulator will either complain if it is not or will automatically make it display as being Shiny when you take it into battle. Genesect has to be shiny in order to use Extreme Speed, Shift Gear, and Blaze Kick.
I've run Genesect in multiple metas with all three of those moves without it being forced into Shininess/rejected as needing to be Shiny. (I haven't run into trouble with Entei either, but I'm so fond of its Shiny coloration that I may simply have never been in a situation for it to crop up)

I've also repeatedly run Shiny Victini -I usually name it Albino.

So maybe Showdown is meant to care, but it doesn't that I've seen.

Should I remove forced shinies from this metagame, as instead of being useless it's actually a mechanic here?
Yes please! Also remove forced non-Shinies.

I've run Genesect in multiple metas with all three of those moves without it being forced into Shininess/rejected as needing to be Shiny. (I haven't run into trouble with Entei either, but I'm so fond of its Shiny coloration that I may simply have never been in a situation for it to crop up)

I've also repeatedly run Shiny Victini -I usually name it Albino.

So maybe Showdown is meant to care, but it doesn't that I've seen.
I've attempted to run Shiny Celebi in OU, and every time it gets forced into non-Shininess. That didn't used to be the case, but it has been more recently.

mega braviary is actually kind of scary, 100/153/95/67/95/100.
It's a possible threat, but it will have to compete with Staraptor, who has a higher base speed and a pre-mega intimidate. Not to mention a better fghting coverage move (Close Combat vs. Superpower) wheras Braviary has rock slide for coverage and a better HP stat. It also has Bulk Up if you REALLY like that.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
It's a possible threat, but it will have to compete with Staraptor, who has a higher base speed and a pre-mega intimidate. Not to mention a better fghting coverage move (Close Combat vs. Superpower) wheras Braviary has rock slide for coverage and a better HP stat. It also has Bulk Up if you REALLY like that.
the problem with staraptor, is it wont be able to find a decent niche over braviary. sure it has intimidate, but then what? staraptors bulk is piss poor, so a defensive set wont do much... meanwhile its offensive sets are better done by braviary due to access to bulk up and pre defiant, to actually boost its offenses. and gale wings will probably be the "go to ability" for the two without being horribly outclassed, in which braviarys 20 less speed really doesn't matter much. especially when its boosted to a decent 100. if you are using either bird for anything other then gale wings, you are probably not using the proper pokemon and should consider something else.

Honchkrow would be another really powerful bird. With moxie pre mega and pursuit, it could get a moxie boost then sweep with sucker punch and priority brave bird with gale wings.

I think you should add a method to give defensive boosts to mega-evolved Pokemons. For example you can implement a "Mega Stone D" that gives a boost of 0/+20/+40/+10/+30/+10 to normal Pokemons and 0/+10/+30/+20/+40/+10 to shiny Pokemons.

Ninetales-Mega
New BST: 73 / 86 / 95 / 111 / 120 / 120
Ninetales @ Mega Stone
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 252 Sp.atk /4 Def /252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power Ground

Politoed-Mega
New BST: 90 / 85 / 95 / 120 / 120 / 90
Politoed @ Mega Stone
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4HP /252 Sp.atk /252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Grass

Gen V back in the houuussssssseee

Ev spreads are a little crude, I didn't have the patience to go in and minmax them, but you should still catch my drift. The idea is that you bring in the base form of these to set up sun or rain with Drought or Drizzle, then mega evolve and abuse the weather that you set up that very turn to run through the enemy team. There's very little that will be taking Solar Power boosted attacks from Ninetales, especially if you have a Nasty Plot under your belt, while Politoed makes for a great cleaner that hits a crazy speed tier and is tough to revenge kill.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
I think you should add a method to give defensive boosts to mega-evolved Pokemons. For example you can implement a "Mega Stone D" that gives a boost of 0/+20/+40/+10/+30/+10 to normal Pokemons and 0/+10/+30/+20/+40/+10 to shiny Pokemons.
There are static stat boosts for a reason.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
something worth considering snaquaza, is instead of your shiny/notshiny method, you could perhaps have the fossils act like the mega stones? helix for spc attack, dome for attack, claw for defense, and root for spc def? idk, it could work id imagine,

dhelmise

banend doosre
Social Media Head
something worth considering snaquaza, is instead of your shiny/notshiny method, you could perhaps have the fossils act like the mega stones? helix for spc attack, dome for attack, claw for defense, and root for spc def? idk, it could work id imagine,
I was thinking that was what he'd do lol, but then this would be considered a pet mod, as it is changing the mechanics of something.

I'd suggest having different spreads and assigning them to each type.

Then making it so that the Mega gains those spreads by having their Hidden Power (IVs) set to that type. Just like in Hidden Type or TPW.

For instance, Dragon type could have a Physical Offense oriented spread. Any Mon with the IVs for HP Dragon will gain those spreads if it uses the Mega Stone.

also oml glaceon. 65/70/130/160/115/85 could work extremely well with sticky web support and hail but then again what moves lol

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
i can see techy glaceon working, with hidden power...frost breath, water pulse...and...idk...it would be decent. but it obviously has massive problems. such as terrible speed, horrible movepool, and general "waste of mega slot"

Technician glaceon with frost breath.
And also 90 base power Hidden Power for coverage, which is very nice indeed. Yep, that sounds like a threat.

Speaking of Technician…

Mega Pangoro? It has Bulldoze, Rock Tomb, Aerial Ace and most importantly… Storm Throw!

And also 90 base power Hidden Power for coverage, which is very nice indeed. Yep, that sounds like a threat.

Speaking of Technician…

Mega Pangoro? It has Bulldoze, Rock Tomb, Aerial Ace and most importantly… Storm Throw!

A technician boosted storm throw sounds nice, but outside of aerial ace, Pangoro has more moves more powerful than the ones boosted by technician. what about sheer force? Pangoro gets some pretty nice moves to get sheer force boosted, including the elemental punches, gunk shot, and crunch. Regenerator also works for it, allowing it to run more bulk and function like a wallbreaker that can hit and run. Speed boost could be an interesting gimmick thanks to it's access to Swords Dance. Protean could work, thanks to its decent movepool and access to drain punch

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
So you can use almost any ability you want on any mon you want? This is just asking for me to create broken shit. Can we make it just a retained ability? Its just way too many overpowered megas, from refrigerate dragonite to refrigerate kyu-b to 91/82/110/159/110/128 adaptability keldeo. The sheer power and versatility of these megas having almost any ability makes them outclass every other mon. This tier is like a mega battle, half of the new megas can beat 99% of all the OU mons meaning its basically just who has the best mega.

Sigh...
Refrigerate dragonite fucks thundurus and normal checks (mamoswine)
Refrigerate kyu-b is just fucking everything with base 115 speed
adaptability keldeo has 91/82/110/159/110/128 which is just WOW
The new mega garchomp is just broken af with 160/122 atk/spd
I like the new RP mega metagross with 165 atk.
how about gale wings everything?
maybe a 159/128 terrakion will help you guys come to your senses.
mega victini? 130/120 with tons of bulk + desolate lands/adaptability/tough claws
Mega Manaphy? 130/120 with tons of bulk and tail glow + primordial sea/adaptability
what about mega weavile? 150/145 with any ability you want + actual bulk
New mega aggron with magic guard head smash, quad resist gale wings, rock polish, 140 attack and 70 speed with fuckloads of bulk
Mega Chandelure with 175 spa + 100 speed wrecks all the non-megas
what about hustle/tough claws darmanitan? 170/115 with ridiculous power.
maybe some base 145 refrigerate mega entei can stop dragonite. Still not even close to stopping mega aggron
How about serene grace seed flare shaymin with 130/120 and subseed

Off the top of my head looking at teambuilder, everything is extremely broken with abilities factoring in. AAA with giant stat boosts on only one mon is extremely centralizing to just that mon, to the point where it makes my interest fall on the metagame as a whole because its almost just whos mega beats whos.

Making them keep an ability will balance it out, and give niches to mons without a lot of atk/satk/ whatever because they have abilities that allow them to excel despite their lack of power (like how clefable does in OU), while also making it possible for non-mega mons to compete in this meta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)