Mega Mania (Playable on Aqua)

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
SOOOO Sorry for my inactivity lately! I have been away, but I will be making additions to the potential sets post! Again, sorry for the inconvenience!

...Did you even read the examples? I literally said secondary typing in the post you quoted; I only cited Type Control for the method by which you change that second type. I guess what threw you off is the fact that I used a "single-type" Pokémon in one of my examples, who actually are entered in Gen V games with the same secondary and primary typing. (e.g., Basculin and Magikarp are actually "Water/Water" according to B2W2.) I would actually tweak my previous idea a tad so it could also follow the format "[Type] RestofNickName"; the type would be hidden until you decided to Mega Evolve, at which point the nickname is fully displayed with the primary typing and a "/" prefixing the new secondary typing (unless Showdown is capable of displaying type changes for newly-coded Pokémon, in which case displaying the type in the nickname is no longer needed).
  • For example, a Gyarados named "[Dragon] Finally" holding a faux Mega Stone would be initially displayed as "Finally" prior to Mega Evolving. Once it Mega Evolves, the name would change to "[Water/Dragon] Finally" and remain that way for the rest of the battle, so remembering his typing is easy.
And as for the first and second ones, what about them don't you agree with? As you can see with the Mega Blissey example I created in my post, it allows for a greater degree of customization in regards to Mega Evolutions for both offensive and defensive purposes. The divergent Mega Evolution idea is changed from being decided by shininess (which should remain cosmetic IMHO) to what "Mega Stone" is being held; a tad bit closer to what we see in the games with Charizard and Mewtwo's dual Megas. Other than how the team is built around it, you don't get any idea as to which stone either is holding until they use it, now do you? However, I feel like the best items for this would probably be those that are normally useless, like two of the Poké Balls coded into Showdown. The Mega Evolution text could refer to them as "Fake Mega Stone (Physical)" and "Fake Mega Stone (Special)" when used to Mega Evolve.

Thank you for the feedback regardless; I'd appreciate more!
Sorry, I didn't read carefully ^^'. I thought about number 1: did you mean that, for example, a Pokemon with a Jolly Nature would receive a boost of +0/+20/+20/+10/+20/+30 and a Pokemon with a Modest Nature would receive +0/+10/+20/+30/+20/+20? If so, I like your idea, so I don't agree only with number 2, because I think that this kinda boosts ain't needed.

Sorry, I didn't read carefully ^^'. I thought about number 1: did you mean that, for example, a Pokemon with a Jolly Nature would receive a boost of +0/+20/+20/+10/+20/+30 and a Pokemon with a Modest Nature would receive +0/+10/+20/+30/+20/+20? If so, I like your idea, so I don't agree only with number 2, because I think that this kinda boosts ain't needed.
Eh, the problem with tying stat boosts to natures is that you end up with redundancy. That is, a Mega that gets +0/+20/+20/+10/+20/+30 would quite possibly rather take an Adamant nature to compensate for the decreased Attack boost, while a Mega that gets +0/+30/+20/+10/+20/+20 might rather take a Jolly nature to compensate for its comparatively lower Speed. So if anything, I'd tie it to the off-stat out of offence and speed for offensive-minded natures. Defensive natures would likely be Bold or Impish and would sack the same offensive stat as their nature.

Another way to deal with at least part of this problem would be to have 4 types of Mega Stones. Mega Stone A, Mega Stone D, Mega Stone S, and Mega Stone SD. These correspond to Attack, Defence, Special Attack, and Special Defence respectively.

Mega Stone A grants +0/+30/+20/+10/+20/+20, the same as the current non-Shiny Mega.
Mega Stone S grants +0/+10/+20/+30/+20/+20, the same as the current Shiny Mega.
Mega Stone D grants +0/+20/+30/+10/+20/+20, or possibly +0/+20/+30/+20/+20/+10 if Speed is considered to be unnecessary for defensive Megas.
Mega Stone SD grants +0/+10/+20/+20/+30/+20, or possibly +0/+20/+20/+20/+30/+10 if Speed is considered to be unnecessary for defensive Megas.

Edit:

This lets you do some cool stuff, like:

Gardevoir @ Mega Stone D
Ability: Technician
Possible EV spreads:
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Sp. Atk
252 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 4 Speed
220 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 36 Speed (borrowed from an old standard Celebi spread)
232 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 24 Speed (borrowed from a newer standard Celebi spread)
Modest Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock / Reflect
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Original base stats: 68/65/65/125/115/80
Mega D base stats: 68/85/95/135/135/100

Still has Speed problems, but can now take a hit to set up, so you might decide not to invest in Speed at all. Lacks power compared to the original Mega Gardevoir, but Technician Draining Kiss provides some real staying power and Fairy/Ground is great coverage, especially since Tech HP Ground is, barring IV restrictions, effectively equal to Earth Power. Psyshock helps get you past Eviolite Chansey, but Reflect increases your effective physical bulk and provides team support. You can do the same set with Sylveon, who has less power and Speed, and lacks STAB on Psyshock, but has more bulk.

Flareon @ Mega Stone D
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Filler (Overheat / Heal Bell / Wish / Curse / Will-O-Wisp / Protect?)
- Filler (Overheat / Heal Bell / Wish / Curse / Will-O-Wisp / Protect?)

Original base stats: 65/130/60/95/110/65
Mega D base stats: 65/150/90/105/130/85

Recoil-less Flare Blitz off of 150 base Attack anyone? You're also immune to Stealth Rock post-Mega. 65 base HP still sucks as much as ever, though, so your 90 base Def is still a huge hindrance. Curse might be usable to buff your Attack and Defence, but Will-O-Wisp boosts your effective physical bulk faster while also adding passive damage. Baby-Doll Eyes might even be an option to do the same to foes who are faster than you, though not as quickly and without the passive damage.

Umbreon @ Mega Stone D
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP and whatever defensive focus you want
Bold / Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Wish
- Filler

Original base stats: 95/65/110/60/130/65
Mega D base stats: 95/85/140/70/150/85

Basically an amazing mixed wall and cleric with STAB Foul Play. Magic Bounce stops opposing walls from out-stalling you and prevents foes from setting hazards unless they have Mold Breaker/equivalent. Dark isn't a bad defensive typing by any means, with an immunity to Psychic and a resistance to Ghost and Dark, making it a very good switch-in on a predicted Knock Off. Just watch out for Fighting and Fairy.

Last edited:
Wait..why are people saying the -ate abilities are banned? I have stared at the banlist for like 5 minutes and haven't seen the -ate abilities there. Heck, people can even suggest Protean Landorus, as that isn't banned either.

Gyarados @ Mega Stone
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 88 SpA / 168 Spe or HP
Naive Nature / Naughty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Substitute / Earthquake
- Double-Edge / Frustration / Return
- Dragon Dance

This set really uses Gyarados' Aerilate boosted attacks to deal out damage to the likes of the fattest of walls. It has pretty nice bulk now with 90/99/120 overall bulk, and with Intimidate prior to mega evolving, it has even more bulk. The only thing keeping Aerilate Gyarados down is no reliable recovery, but with two great STABs and the ever so great Dragon Dance, it is still a huge threat. The first moveslot is something you may be puzzled about, but with the non-shiny mega boost and 88 SpA, you can use Fire Blast to 2HKO Skarmory after rocks, which you can't do at +1 with Double Edge, and it can phaze you out if you are behind a sub. The second moveslot is up to you, with Earthquake, you can have a nice backup move to hit bulky rock types that resist Flying, as well as hit Heatran for super effective damage. And Substitute gives you the Sub+DD combo, along with avoiding status like burn and paralyze that would heavily cripple Gyarados. Really, whatever you want in Aerilate STAB is up to you, but Dittos are going to be much more common in this meta when it gets coded, so I would suggest Frustration. And finally, our inferior Shift Gear called Dragon Dance is there to boost your attack and speed so you can sweep easier. 252 Atk maximizes Gyarados' overall damage output, while 88 SpA is explained above. And the rest is dumped into speed, which allows you to outspeed megas like Mega Manectric after a boost.

This isn't even the best way you go about using the -ate abilites, I just saw Gyarados and thought to make a bit of a M-Salamence moveset with it, since it lacks good Flying STAB.

Wait..why are people saying the -ate abilities are banned? I have stared at the banlist for like 5 minutes and haven't seen the -ate abilities there. Heck, people can even suggest Protean Landorus, as that isn't banned either.

Gyarados @ Mega Stone
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 88 SpA / 168 Spe or HP
Naive Nature / Naughty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Substitute / Earthquake
- Double-Edge / Frustration / Return
- Dragon Dance

This set really uses Gyarados' Aerilate boosted attacks to deal out damage to the likes of the fattest of walls. It has pretty nice bulk now with 90/99/120 overall bulk, and with Intimidate prior to mega evolving, it has even more bulk. The only thing keeping Aerilate Gyarados down is no reliable recovery, but with two great STABs and the ever so great Dragon Dance, it is still a huge threat. The first moveslot is something you may be puzzled about, but with the non-shiny mega boost and 88 SpA, you can use Fire Blast to 2HKO Skarmory after rocks, which you can't do at +1 with Double Edge, and it can phaze you out if you are behind a sub. The second moveslot is up to you, with Earthquake, you can have a nice backup move to hit bulky rock types that resist Flying, as well as hit Heatran for super effective damage. And Substitute gives you the Sub+DD combo, along with avoiding status like burn and paralyze that would heavily cripple Gyarados. Really, whatever you want in Aerilate STAB is up to you, but Dittos are going to be much more common in this meta when it gets coded, so I would suggest Frustration. And finally, our inferior Shift Gear called Dragon Dance is there to boost your attack and speed so you can sweep easier. 252 Atk maximizes Gyarados' overall damage output, while 88 SpA is explained above. And the rest is dumped into speed, which allows you to outspeed megas like Mega Manectric after a boost.

This isn't even the best way you go about using the -ate abilites, I just saw Gyarados and thought to make a bit of a M-Salamence moveset with it, since it lacks good Flying STAB.
What also isn't listed on the banlist is that we've pretty much unofficially decided that Contrary is banned. Mostly after I proposed a noobish BH-like V-create + Overheat Mega Victini set, although there are things like bulky Fighting-types who would gladly abuse the combination of Close Combat and Drain Punch.

What also isn't listed on the banlist is that we've pretty much unofficially decided that Contrary is banned. Mostly after I proposed a noobish BH-like V-create + Overheat Mega Victini set, although there are things like bulky Fighting-types who would gladly abuse the combination of Close Combat and Drain Punch.
Well, there will be no honor when the ladder is up, so unless we ban the broken abilites, we are going to be fucked.

I particularly think that the option of changing abilities on megas is just going to utterly destroy the playability of this Metagame...
The option of going with a variety of mega stones actually makes sense since some pokés would love a defensive bonus rather than an offensive one, or maybe even a speedier stat distribution can be better for some others...

IMO, Mega stones could be like this:
Mega Stone At: 0-40-15-10-15-20
Mega Stone Df: 0-10-40-10-20-20
Mega Stone Sa: 0-10-15-40-15-20
Mega Stone Sd: 0-10-20-10-40-20
Mega Stone Sp: 0-20-10-20-10-40

Also adding the prefix At - Df - Sa - Sd - Sp at any mega when mega evolving would make this metagame more strategical and less gambling trying to realize which Mega is using your opponent...

Then, something like:
Mega Blissey Df
Blissey @ Mega Stone Df
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def, 252 SpDef, 4 HP
Bold Nature
- Sofboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic / Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell / Stealth Rock

Original base stats: 255/10/10/75/135/55
Mega Df base stats: 255/20/50/85/155/75

Now at 652-218-409 defenses, this set is cooler than ever... Just look...
252+ Atk Mega Dragonite At Outrage vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Mega Blissey Df: 277-327 (42.4 - 50.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Mega Dragonite At Outrage vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Mega Blissey Df: 415-490 (63.6 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This I think it's pretty impressive, and that much needed physical bulk would allow Blissey to wall things better than ever and then Paralyze or Toxic them and Stall them easily...

And of course that crazy Special bulk keep going further:
252+ SpA Mega Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Blissey: 208-246 (31.9 - 37.7%) -- 92.4% chance to 3HKO
+1 252+ SpA Mega Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Blissey: 312-368 (47.8 - 56.4%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO

That would be Normal Mega Alakazam with 175 Special Attack and a 120 BP super effective move... COME ON!!!!
(Psyshock isn't exactly a solution: 252+ SpA Mega Alakazam Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Mega Blissey Df: 195-229 (29.9 - 35.1%) -- 17.4% chance to 3HKO)

Others like Excadrill would surely love something like this:
Mega Excadrill Sp
Excadrill @ Mega Stone Sp
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Ata, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide / Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin / Swords Dance

Original base stats: 110/135/60/50/65/88
Mega Df base stats: 110/155/70/70/75/128

Woop... now this thing is just pretty fast and can even outspeed Greninja and Talonflame, two previously sad disgraces for Excadrill:

252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 492-580 (165.6 - 195.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
That was pretty obvious right? xD

252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 259-306 (90.5 - 106.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Cool! :3 Now the frog has to mega evolve to avoid being quicked out like a drunk lazy man from a bar...

What do you think guys?

I particularly think that the option of changing abilities on megas is just going to utterly destroy the playability of this Metagame...
The option of going with a variety of mega stones actually makes sense since some pokés would love a defensive bonus rather than an offensive one, or maybe even a speedier stat distribution can be better for some others...

IMO, Mega stones could be like this:
Mega Stone At: 0-40-15-10-15-20
Mega Stone Df: 0-10-40-10-20-20
Mega Stone Sa: 0-10-15-40-15-20
Mega Stone Sd: 0-10-20-10-40-20
Mega Stone Sp: 0-20-10-20-10-40

Also adding the prefix At - Df - Sa - Sd - Sp at any mega when mega evolving would make this metagame more strategical and less gambling trying to realize which Mega is using your opponent...

Then, something like:
Mega Blissey Df
Blissey @ Mega Stone Df
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def, 252 SpDef, 4 HP
Bold Nature
- Sofboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic / Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell / Stealth Rock

Original base stats: 255/10/10/75/135/55
Mega Df base stats: 255/20/50/85/155/75

Now at 652-218-409 defenses, this set is cooler than ever... Just look...
252+ Atk Mega Dragonite At Outrage vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Mega Blissey Df: 277-327 (42.4 - 50.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Mega Dragonite At Outrage vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Mega Blissey Df: 415-490 (63.6 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This I think it's pretty impressive, and that much needed physical bulk would allow Blissey to wall things better than ever and then Paralyze or Toxic them and Stall them easily...

And of course that crazy Special bulk keep going further:
252+ SpA Mega Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Blissey: 208-246 (31.9 - 37.7%) -- 92.4% chance to 3HKO
+1 252+ SpA Mega Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Blissey: 312-368 (47.8 - 56.4%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO

That would be Normal Mega Alakazam with 175 Special Attack and a 120 BP super effective move... COME ON!!!!
(Psyshock isn't exactly a solution: 252+ SpA Mega Alakazam Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Mega Blissey Df: 195-229 (29.9 - 35.1%) -- 17.4% chance to 3HKO)

Others like Excadrill would surely love something like this:
Mega Excadrill Sp
Excadrill @ Mega Stone Sp
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Ata, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide / Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin / Swords Dance

Original base stats: 110/135/60/50/65/88
Mega Df base stats: 110/155/70/70/75/128

Woop... now this thing is just pretty fast and can even outspeed Greninja and Talonflame, two previously sad disgraces for Excadrill:

252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 492-580 (165.6 - 195.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
That was pretty obvious right? xD

252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 259-306 (90.5 - 106.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Cool! :3 Now the frog has to mega evolve to avoid being quicked out like a drunk lazy man from a bar...

What do you think guys?
I personally like the idea of being able to change your Ability, but what I don't like is it remaining a mystery if it isn't an Ability that gives a callout. In standard play, anyone with base knowledge of Pokémon knows the Abilities of every Mega whose Ability is actually relevant. As such, I think a message should be added when a Pokémon Mega Evolves into a non-standard Mega that straight-up tells everyone what Ability they have.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay lemme answer all these things quickly.

I'm all up for changing megastones, mechanics, banning stuff, and whatever. And you guys are probably right that Contrary is broken. I just want to play this first, and then see whatever we can change, as with the banlist it's easy to change and kinda predictable. Maybe stall teams aren't going to be that bad, maybe offense still doesn't get that much tools and everyone knows which mega's offense uses. Maybe balanced will be great to get a little of both team. We don't know! That's why I don't want to change things for a defensive mega if it's not needed as it'd both make the metagame more difficult to understand (and it's already difficult enough) but also most mega's receive the largest changes the way our current mega's did. Maybe excluding speed though in some cases. Only stuff like Mawile (lol) and Audino got mostly boosts in defenses.

This is for hoping it gets coded soon!

I personally like the idea of being able to change your Ability, but what I don't like is it remaining a mystery if it isn't an Ability that gives a callout. In standard play, anyone with base knowledge of Pokémon knows the Abilities of every Mega whose Ability is actually relevant. As such, I think a message should be added when a Pokémon Mega Evolves into a non-standard Mega that straight-up tells everyone what Ability they have.
I feel another problem is that when you see the Pokémon in the Team Preview, you'll have no real clue as to which one has the Mega Stone, what ability it has, what stat gains it has, etc.

Okay lemme answer all these things quickly.

I'm all up for changing megastones, mechanics, banning stuff, and whatever. And you guys are probably right that Contrary is broken. I just want to play this first, and then see whatever we can change, as with the banlist it's easy to change and kinda predictable. Maybe stall teams aren't going to be that bad, maybe offense still doesn't get that much tools and everyone knows which mega's offense uses. Maybe balanced will be great to get a little of both team. We don't know! That's why I don't want to change things for a defensive mega if it's not needed as it'd both make the metagame more difficult to understand (and it's already difficult enough) but also most mega's receive the largest changes the way our current mega's did. Maybe excluding speed though in some cases. Only stuff like Mawile (lol) and Audino got mostly boosts in defenses.

This is for hoping it gets coded soon!
Mawile got mostly defences. Audino got mostly defences. Sableye got mostly defences. Aggron got mostly Defence. Venusaur got mostly Defence. Houndoom got mostly Defence. Scizor got mostly Defence. Salamence got mostly Defence. Slowbro got mostly Defence. Tyranitar's highest stat increase is Defence. Metagross got defences and Speed. Steelix got mostly defences. Sharpedo got mostly defences. That's a pretty long list there for you to say "only".

Last edited:
Special Defense is the only stat I'm struggling to name a Mega Evolution that could be said to "specialize" in, barring HP of course. And yeah, a lot of Pokemon raise both their defenses as most/nearly all of their stats.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey, could we stop this discussion. I've already said I wont' change it until we playtest and arguing which mons get their highest stat boost in a defense isn't going to help. I also said most get in an offense or at least get a decent offense boosts; were really close or got mostly speed boostedAnd at some Pokemon you can clearly see it was to balance their offensive potential. Otherwise I won't go into this as I already responded to it, if you have any comments on what I'm actually planning go ahead, but please discuss the meta instead of something as pointless as this. Even if there are defensive mega's.

config/formats.js
Code:
    {
        name: "Mega Mania",
        section: "Other Metagames",

mod: "megamania",
        ruleset: ['Pokemon', 'Standard', 'Team Preview', 'Swagger Clause', 'Baton Pass Clause', 'Mega Mania'],
        banlist: ['Uber', 'Soul Dew', 'Gengarite', 'Kangaskhanite', 'Lucarionite', 'Mawilite', 'Salamencite', 'Regigigas', 'Slaking', 'Ignore Illegal Abilities']
    }
mods/megamania/items.js
Code:
exports.BattleItems = {
    "megastone": {
        id: "megastone",
        name: "Mega Stone",
        spritenum: 575,
        onTakeItem: function (item, source) {
            return false;
        },
        num: -1,
        gen: 6,
        desc: "Mega-evolves all Pokemon (Mega Mania)"
    }
}
mods/megamania/rulesets.js
Code:
exports.BattleFormats = {
    megamania: {
        effectType: 'Banlist',
        validateSet: function (set, format, isNonstandard) {
            // validate names
            if (!pokemon.name) return;
            pokemon.name = pokemon.name.replace(/[^\u0000-\u007F]/g, ''); // use only ascii chars for name
            // validate abilities
            var template = this.getTemplate(set.species || set.name),
                legalAbility = false;
            for (var i in template.abilities) {
                if (set.ability === template.abilities[i]) legalAbility = true;
            }
            if (this.getItem(set.item).id !== "megastone" && !legalAbility) return [(set.name || set.species) + " cannot have " + set.ability + "."];
            else {
                // set ability to nickname's (ignore illegal abilities)
                var abilities = pokemon.name.split("/"),
                    baseAbility = abilities[0],
                    megaAbility = abilities[1];
                // check abilities exists (mega abilities are checked when mega evolving)
                if (this.getAbility(baseAbility).exists) {
                    set.ability = baseAbility;
                } else {
                    if (!set.ability) set.ability = template.abilities[0];
                }
                // validate banned abilities
                var bannedAbilities = {'Arena Trap':1,'Huge Power':1,'Imposter':1,'Parental Bond':1,'Pure Power':1,'Shadow Tag':1,'Wonder Guard':1};
                if (megaAbility in bannedAbilities) {
                    return ['The ability ' + set.ability + ' is banned on all Mega Pokémon'];
                }
            }
        },
    }
}
mods/megamania/scripts.js
Code:
exports.BattleScripts = {
    canMegaEvo: function (pokemon) {
        var side = pokemon.side;
        if (side.megaEvo) return false;
        var otherForme;
        var template;
        if (pokemon.baseTemplate.otherFormes) otherForme = this.getTemplate(pokemon.baseTemplate.otherFormes[0]);
        if (otherForme && otherForme.isMega && otherForme.requiredMove) {
            if (pokemon.moves.indexOf(toId(otherForme.requiredMove)) < 0) return false;
            template = otherForme;
        } else {
            var item = this.getItem(pokemon.item);
            if (item.id === 'megastone') {
                if (side.sideConditions["megamania"]) {
                    return false;
                }
                return true;
            }
            if (!item.megaStone) return false;
            template = this.getTemplate(item.megaStone);
            if (pokemon.baseTemplate.isMega) return false;
        }
        if (!template.isMega) return false;
        var foeActive = side.foe && side.foe.active;
        if (foeActive) {
            for (var i = 0; i < foeActive.length; i++) {
                if (!foeActive[i] || !foeActive[i].volatiles['skydrop'] || foeActive[i].volatiles['skydrop'].source !== pokemon) continue;
                return false;
            }
        }
        return template;
    },

runMegaEvo: function (pokemon) {
        var template = this.canMegaEvo(pokemon),
            item = this.getItem(pokemon.item),
            side = pokemon.side;

// okay, mega evolution is possible

// check previous mega evolution
                return false;
            } else {
                side.addSideCondition("megamania");
            }
            // change stat
            for (var statName in pokemon.baseStats) {
                var newStat = pokemon.baseStats[statName];
                if (pokemon.set.shiny) {
                    if (statName === 'atk') newStat += 30;
                    if (statName === 'spa') newStat += 10;
                } else {
                    if (statName === 'atk') newStat += 10;
                    if (statName === 'spa') newStat += 30;
                }
                if (statName === 'spe'
                    || statName === 'def'
                    || statName === 'spd') newStat += 20;
                pokemon.baseStats[statName] = newStat;
            }
            // abilities
            var oldAbility = pokemon.ability;
            var baseAbility = pokemon.name.split("/")[1],
                ability = this.getAbility(baseAbility);
            if (ability.exists) {
                pokemon.setAbility(ability.name);
                pokemon.baseAbility = pokemon.ability;
            }
            // make mega
            this.add('detailschange', pokemon, pokemon.details);
            this.add('-mega', pokemon, pokemon.baseSpecies, item);
        } else if (template) {
            pokemon.formeChange(template);
            pokemon.baseTemplate = template; // mega evolution is permanent :o
            pokemon.details = template.species + (pokemon.level === 100 ? '' : ', L' + pokemon.level) + (pokemon.gender === '' ? '' : ', ' + pokemon.gender) + (pokemon.set.shiny ? ', shiny' : '');
            this.add('-mega', pokemon, template.baseSpecies, item);
            pokemon.setAbility(template.abilities['0']);
        }

for (var i = 0; i < side.pokemon.length; i++) side.pokemon[i].canMegaEvo = false;
        return true;
    },

side: {
        getData: function() {
            var forme;
            var data = {
                name: this.name,
                id: this.id,
                pokemon: []
            };
            for (var i = 0; i < this.pokemon.length; i++) {
                var pokemon = this.pokemon[i];
                data.pokemon.push({
                    ident: pokemon.fullname,
                    details: pokemon.details,
                    condition: pokemon.getHealth(pokemon.side),
                    active: (pokemon.position < pokemon.side.active.length),
                    stats: {
                        atk: pokemon.baseStats['atk'],
                        def: pokemon.baseStats['def'],
                        spa: pokemon.baseStats['spa'],
                        spd: pokemon.baseStats['spd'],
                        spe: pokemon.baseStats['spe']
                    },
                    moves: pokemon.moves.map(function(move) {
                        if (move === 'hiddenpower') {
                            return move + toId(pokemon.hpType) + (pokemon.hpPower === 70 ? '' : pokemon.hpPower);
                        }
                        return move;
                    }),
                    baseAbility: pokemon.baseAbility,
                    item: pokemon.item,
                    pokeball: pokemon.pokeball,
                    canMegaEvo: this.battle.canMegaEvo(pokemon)
                });
            }
            return data;
        }
    }
};
mods/megamania/statuses.js
Code:
exports.BattleStatuses = {
    megamania: {}
}
Snaquaza

Last edited:
config/formats.js
Code:
    {
        name: "Mega Mania",
        section: "Other Metagames",

mod: "megamania",
        ruleset: ['Pokemon', 'Standard', 'Team Preview', 'Swagger Clause', 'Baton Pass Clause', 'Mega Mania'],
        banlist: ['Uber', 'Soul Dew', 'Gengarite', 'Kangaskhanite', 'Lucarionite', 'Mawilite', 'Salamencite', 'Regigigas', 'Slaking', 'Ignore Illegal Abilities']
    }
mods/megamania/items.js
Code:
exports.BattleItems = {
    "megastone": {
        id: "megastone",
        name: "Mega Stone",
        spritenum: 575,
        onTakeItem: function (item, source) {
            return false;
        },
        num: -1,
        gen: 6,
        desc: "Mega-evolves all Pokemon (Mega Mania)"
    }
}
mods/megamania/rulesets.js
Code:
exports.BattleFormats = {
    megamania: {
        effectType: 'Banlist',
        validateSet: function (set, format, isNonstandard) {
            // validate names
            if (!pokemon.name) return;
            pokemon.name = pokemon.name.replace(/[^\u0000-\u007F]/g, ''); // use only ascii chars for name
            // validate abilities
            var template = this.getTemplate(set.species || set.name),
                legalAbility = false;
            for (var i in template.abilities) {
                if (set.ability === template.abilities[i]) legalAbility = true;
            }
            if (this.getItem(set.item).id !== "megastone" && !legalAbility) return [(set.name || set.species) + " cannot have " + set.ability + "."];
            else {
                // validate banned abilities
                var bannedAbilities = {'Arena Trap':1,'Huge Power':1,'Imposter':1,'Parental Bond':1,'Pure Power':1,'Shadow Tag':1,'Wonder Guard':1};
                if (set.ability in bannedAbilities) {
                    if (!legalAbility) return ['The ability ' + set.ability + ' is banned on Pokémon that do not naturally have it.'];
                }
                // set ability to nickname's (ignore illegal abilities)
                var baseAbility = pokemon.name.split("/")[0],
                if (ability.exists) {
                    set.ability = ability.name;
                } else {
                    set.ability = template.abilities[0];
                }
            }
        },
    }
}
mods/megamania/scripts.js
Code:
exports.BattleScripts = {
    canMegaEvo: function (pokemon) {
        var side = pokemon.side;
        if (side.megaEvo) return false;
        var otherForme;
        var template;
        if (pokemon.baseTemplate.otherFormes) otherForme = this.getTemplate(pokemon.baseTemplate.otherFormes[0]);
        if (otherForme && otherForme.isMega && otherForme.requiredMove) {
            if (pokemon.moves.indexOf(toId(otherForme.requiredMove)) < 0) return false;
            template = otherForme;
        } else {
            var item = this.getItem(pokemon.item);
                    return false;
                }
                return true;
            }
            if (!item.megaStone) return false;
            template = this.getTemplate(item.megaStone);
            if (pokemon.baseTemplate.isMega) return false;
        }
        if (!template.isMega) return false;
        var foeActive = side.foe && side.foe.active;
        if (foeActive) {
            for (var i = 0; i < foeActive.length; i++) {
                if (!foeActive[i] || !foeActive[i].volatiles['skydrop'] || foeActive[i].volatiles['skydrop'].source !== pokemon) continue;
                return false;
            }
        }
        return template;
    },

runMegaEvo: function (pokemon) {
        var template = this.canMegaEvo(pokemon),
            item = this.getItem(pokemon.item),
            side = pokemon.side;

// okay, mega evolution is possible

// check previous mega evolution
                return false;
            } else {
                side.addSideCondition("megamania");
            }
            // change stat
            for (var statName in pokemon.baseStats) {
                var newStat = pokemon.baseStats[statName];
                if (pokemon.set.shiny) {
                    if (statName === 'atk') newStat += 30;
                    if (statName === 'spa') newStat += 10;
                } else {
                    if (statName === 'atk') newStat += 10;
                    if (statName === 'spa') newStat += 30;
                }
                if (statName === 'spe'
                    || statName === 'def'
                    || statName === 'spd') newStat += 20;
                pokemon.baseStats[statName] = newStat;
            }
            // abilities
            var baseAbility = pokemon.name.split("/")[1],
            if (ability.exists) {
                pokemon.setAbility(ability.name);
            }
            // make mega
            this.add('-mega', pokemon, pokemon.baseSpecies, item);
        } else if (template) {
            pokemon.formeChange(template);
            pokemon.baseTemplate = template; // mega evolution is permanent :o
            pokemon.details = template.species + (pokemon.level === 100 ? '' : ', L' + pokemon.level) + (pokemon.gender === '' ? '' : ', ' + pokemon.gender) + (pokemon.set.shiny ? ', shiny' : '');
            this.add('-mega', pokemon, template.baseSpecies, item);
            pokemon.setAbility(template.abilities['0']);
        }

for (var i = 0; i < side.pokemon.length; i++) side.pokemon[i].canMegaEvo = false;
        return true;
    },

side: {
        getData: function() {
            var forme;
            var data = {
                name: this.name,
                id: this.id,
                pokemon: []
            };
            for (var i = 0; i < this.pokemon.length; i++) {
                var pokemon = this.pokemon[i];
                data.pokemon.push({
                    ident: pokemon.fullname,
                    details: pokemon.details,
                    condition: pokemon.getHealth(pokemon.side),
                    active: (pokemon.position < pokemon.side.active.length),
                    stats: {
                        atk: pokemon.baseStats['atk'],
                        def: pokemon.baseStats['def'],
                        spa: pokemon.baseStats['spa'],
                        spd: pokemon.baseStats['spd'],
                        spe: pokemon.baseStats['spe']
                    },
                    moves: pokemon.moves.map(function(move) {
                        if (move === 'hiddenpower') {
                            return move + toId(pokemon.hpType) + (pokemon.hpPower === 70 ? '' : pokemon.hpPower);
                        }
                        return move;
                    }),
                    baseAbility: pokemon.baseAbility,
                    item: pokemon.item,
                    pokeball: pokemon.pokeball,
                    canMegaEvo: this.battle.canMegaEvo(pokemon)
                });
            }
            return data;
        }
    }
};
mods/megamania/statuses.js
Code:
exports.BattleStatuses = {
    megamania: {}
}
Snaquaza
Can the secondary type be changed by Megaevolution?

No. the mega cannot have a different base form ability, because the last thing we need is random megas with Drizzle+Swift Swim,Drought+chlorophyll,Sand+Sand Rush, Prankster+ANYTHING,ect.

but on topic:
Mew @ Mega stone
Ability:Protean
252spd/252 Atk/ 4 Def
Swords Dance
sucker Punch
Drain Punch/earthquake
ice punch/Other elemental punch/knock off/pretty much any physical coverage you need.
Can also run an opposite set with nasty plot and vacuum wave.

Meet AAA Mew with better stats, but cannot hold an item.
(mew may need to be looked at as a potential suspect but that is just me)

Garchomp@ mega stone
Ability: Moxie
252 atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 def
earthquake
stone edge
fire fang
outrage/dragon claw

Has High speed, Attack,Moxie, and enough bulk to tank most priority. Not much else to say

Gengar@ mega stone
Ability: sheer force
Shiny: Yes
252 SpAtk/252 Spd/4 def
Shadow ball
sludge Wave
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt/Substitute/Taunt/Wil-O-Wisp

Gengar from AAA, but no life orb, more speed and passable bulk(still bad, but might take a weak hit)

Kyurem@ Mega Stone
Ability:sheer force
252 Hp/252 SpAtk/4 Spd OR: 252 SpAtk/252 Spd/4 Def
Draco meteor
Ice beam
Earth Power
Focus blast

Breaks Everything. I am using this as a mega because I am trying to avoid Suspects/potential bans.

No. the mega cannot have a different base form ability, because the last thing we need is random megas with Drizzle+Swift Swim.

but on topic:
Mew @ Mega stone
Ability:Protean
252spd/252 Atk/ 4 Def
Swords Dance
sucker Punch
Drain Punch/earthquake
ice punch/Other elemental punch/knock off/pretty much any physical coverage you need.
Can also run an opposite set with nasty plot and vacuum wave.

Meet AAA Mew with better stats, but cannot hold an item.
(mew may need to be looked at as a potential suspect but that is just me)

Garchomp@ mega stone
Ability: Moxie
252 atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 def
earthquake
stone edge
fire fang
outrage/dragon claw

Has High speed, Attack,Moxie, and enough bulk to tank most priority. Not much else to say

Gengar@ mega stone
Ability: sheer force
252 SpAtk/252 Spd/4 def
Shadow ball
sludge Wave
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt/Substitute/Taunt/Wil-O-Wisp

Gengar from AAA, but no life orb, more speed and passable bulk(still bad, but might take a weak hit)

Kyurem@ Mega Stone
Ability:sheer force
252 Hp/252 SpAtk/4 Spd OR: 252 SpAtk/252 Spd/4 Def
Draco meteor
Ice beam
Earth Power
Focus blast

Breaks Everything. I am using this as a mega because I am trying to avoid Suspects/potential bans.
He's not question whether they should be able to, he's merely questioning whether it currently works that way. What he's asking is, with the current mechanics, can their base form be made to have an illegal Ability? And if it can, should that be fixed?

And what about Drizzle + Swift Swim is particularly scarier than Drought + Chlorophyll on a Fire-type? Heck, if you can make the base form have an illegal ability, you could do Drought + Flower Gift Mega Cherrim!

70/90/90/97/98/105. With a +Attack nature and full Attack investment, Flower Gift lets you hit an effect 159.5 base Attack. You also hit an effective 156 base Sp. Def. It's a shame its offensive options basically boil down to Petal Blizzard and Weather Ball.

Why Cherrim, you ask? Because Flower Gift is hardcoded to work only for Cherrim. Otherwise, I'd put Flower Gift on other fun things.

Speaking of abilities that give 1.5x Attack, put Hustle on anything fast that learns Hone Claws. What about HustleClaws Mega Gliscor? Maybe?

He's not question whether they should be able to, he's merely questioning whether it currently works that way. What he's asking is, with the current mechanics, can their base form be made to have an illegal Ability? And if it can, should that be fixed?

And what about Drizzle + Swift Swim is particularly scarier than Drought + Chlorophyll on a Fire-type? Heck, if you can make the base form have an illegal ability, you could do Drought + Flower Gift Mega Cherrim!

70/90/90/97/98/105. With a +Attack nature and full Attack investment, Flower Gift lets you hit an effect 159.5 base Attack. You also hit an effective 156 base Sp. Def. It's a shame its offensive options basically boil down to Petal Blizzard and Weather Ball.

Why Cherrim, you ask? Because Flower Gift is hardcoded to work only for Cherrim. Otherwise, I'd put Flower Gift on other fun things.

Speaking of abilities that give 1.5x Attack, put Hustle on anything fast that learns Hone Claws. What about HustleClaws Mega Gliscor? Maybe?
garchomp sounds like a Better HustleClaws user due to its higher speed and attack, but Gliscor does have a better Defense stat.

When I saw this, I immediately thought of Megas For All (new thread, eh).

Both OMs seem to have a few differences, with this one being a more balanced version of the other thanks to the static stat distribution. Megas For All is not bad at all though, giving you more diversity.

I really like both concepts as they create new possibilities for teams and for Pokemon from lower tiers to shine. These are also the only way I'm having my Mega Ledian until GF finally notices the potential in that Pokemon if it could have an offensive Mega Evolution! (Iron Fist Ledian forever).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)