SM OU Mega Pinsir + Magnezone + Tapu Fini BO team

What item on magnezone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mega Pinsir BO OU Squad

What's up OU player's my name on Pokemon Showdown is Mega Flexagross, and this is my first S&M OU RMT, so read kick back, and enjoy hopefully! A little back round behind my team. Fist off I have been wanting to build a team around Mega Pinsir plus Magnezone plus Tapu Fini ever since the day I saw that Tapu Fini got defog. The core is very standard ever since XY (except Latias over Fini of course) and sorry if my team isn't "creative" enough. Mega Pinsir I find to be a pretty decent mon currently because of the tiers lack of flying resist. The main "popular" flying resist is magearna which is obliterated after a plus 2 close combat after rocks. I decided to pair magnezone with pinsir for obvious reasons: the main was to trap and eliminatr skarmory as well as celesteela, provide a slow volt switch for Mega Pinsir, and to provide an electric resist for mega pinsir.

Next up I decided to add Tapu Fini because its able to defog rocks for mega pinsir (obviously), as well as provide a decent fire and water resist (which my core lacked of course). My fourth mon I added was none other than the most popular mon used in OU (for a bunch of reasons of course), that being defensive Lando T. Lando T soft checks Mega Metagross, other Lando T, provides a good ground immunity, and a skarmory lure. Lando T just obviously soft checks a bunch of physically offensive threats, and without it, this meta game would probably be worse than ORAS OU (not saying much though because ORAS on it's own wasn't too great of a meta game).​

My fifth mon I decided to add was Protean Greninja. Greninja gave the team some speed and also a nice special attacking wallbreaker for Mega Pinsir. Greninja also checks non choice scarf gengar, keeps out Mega Charizard Y, as well ass offensive volcarona which is an issue to my team.

My last Pokemon on my team is choice scarf jirach. BEFORE YOU ROAST AND EVEN SAY "oh choice scarf jirachi is bad replace it" it is a pretty nice form of speed control, healing wish support for Pinsir, Fini Lando T, and Greninja since all of these four Pokemon get worn down easily. Choice scarf jirachi forms a volt turn core revenge kills Tapu Koko, opposing Greninja, hard checks Tapu Lele, can help pivot and force some pressure on Mega Metagross, switch into Mega Venusaur, soft check Magearna, soft check Mega Alakazam, and also provide a much needed back up Dragon resist.​

Now that my explanation of all my Pokemon is out of the way, let's dive into the move sets, items, and EV spreads on all of my Pokemon :)

So as I said in the beginning, I wanted to build around Mega Pinsir. The Evs and moves are standard, and should always be the EVs and moves on Mega Pinsir.

1. "dick Pinch" -shofu (Pinsir-Mega) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Close Combat
-Swords Dance

My next member is Magnezone. Magnezone is great in this current mega game as a hard check to Tapu Koko and also helps me pivot around Mega Metagross (which I have no switch ins for since teams that don't carry Mega Scizor usually don't have a Mega Metagross counter of some sort). 140 speed allows me to outspeed 16 speed Evs Mega Scizor and 2 hit KO it with hp fire, or freely Thunder Wave. Thunder Wave allows me to slow down offensive fire types that carry a grass move (since that's a very threatening way of breaking and beating this team).​

trap yo ass (pause) (Magnezone) @ assault vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- discharge

As I said before, Tapu Fini is my third member of choice. Providing a nice bulky pivot, water, fire, and dark resist which my team lacked. Tapu Fini defogs hazards away for Mega Pinsir (of course as I stated before). Fini also is a some what decent stall breaker outside of Magnezone + Pinsir. The Evs are standard, and the speed allows me to outspeed the standard 16 speed Evs Lando T, and hit it hard with scald.​

Alolan Waifu (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Defog

My next member I decided to add was Lando-T. A nice defensive pivot as I said earlier. Providing a nice ground immunity, electric immunity (not the best of course but can be nice to some what stop volt turn) and a back up fighting resist. The special defense makes sure I can soft check Tapu Koko pretty much. Knock off lures in Skarmory, and knocks off it's Shed Shell. This allows Magnezone to freely trap Skarmory so this improves my stall match up.​

On 50% teams (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

My fifth Pokemon is none other than one of my favorite Pokemon: Greninja. Greninja is a nice wallbreaker as well as a nice revenge killer, some speed control, pressures stall, and revenge kills Mega Metagross. The Evs are standard as always. Hydro is STAB, and allows me to check fire types, Ice beam nails Zygard, Dark pulse revenge kills Mega Metagross, and Gunk shot breaks past special walls, as well as fairy types. Life orb is used to increase Greninja wallbreaking potential as well as it's damage output.​

Grenigga (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse

Lastly, Jirachi is on here for the reasons I stated in the beginning. Very nice revenge killer soft check, pivot, and patches up holes I stated from the gate. Iron head checks fairies, U-Turn is a must on scarf Jirachi as always, healing wish is amazing team support, and heart stamp two hit KOs most mega venusaur, prevents charizard Y, and offensive Volcarona from coming in for free too.​

~~skill~~ (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Threatlist:

Mega Charizard - Y: Gets a couple of free switch ins, and completely obliterates Tapu Fini with fire STAB plus Solarbeam.

Volcarona: Again same thing with zard Y: a couple of free switch ins. Can be revenge killed by Mega Pinsir though with a bit of prior damage.

Mega Metagross: A couple of free switch ins as well. The speed, coverage, and bulk make this a huge threat to most teams that don't have a proper switch in for Mega Metagross. 1 or 2 hit KOs almost all of my members if the opponent plays correctly with it.

Shoutout
Hayburner Noveliss & Terrakion

http://pastebin.com/zzPtXm3z

Last edited:
I Like the team flex.
if i may i wanna suggest going for physically defensive bronzong over rachi with toxic and going scarf lando with stone edge.
Bronzong eases playing around charizard-y and volc with toxic and is a hard check to metagross and scarf lando-T helps rk'ing them(implying bulkarona) as well as it doesn't slow down your team as much.
other than that team seems solid tbh.
I Hope i helped. :)

I Like the team flex.
if i may i wanna suggest going for physically defensive bronzong over rachi with toxic and going scarf lando with stone edge.
Bronzong eases playing around charizard-y and volc with toxic and is a hard check to metagross and scarf lando-T helps rk'ing them(implying bulkarona) as well as it doesn't slow down your team as much.
other than that team seems solid tbh.
I Hope i helped. :)
The problem with zong is that it's too passive imo and also it 100% gives Zard Y the free switch in as where with rachi and Lando T that doesn't happen. But I'll test it out :]

The problem with zong is that it's too passive imo and also it 100% gives Zard Y the free switch in as where with rachi and Lando T that doesn't happen. But I'll test it out :]
Also if I have scarf Lando T I am much weaker to salamence as well as garchomp zygard mold breaker excadrill and CB tar. I tried zong out but I feeldefensive lando t is better but thank u anyways man :]

Hi adamant excadrill I am going to rate your team. This will be the first rate I've posted in months, so consider yourself lucky (or the opposite). Furthermore, as you know, I neither play nor like SM OU. Just keep that in mind.

On paper, there aren't really too many huge holes in this team, considering this is SM OU. The biggest issue, though, is that it forces me to think whilst also lacking any real flow, and conceding too much momentum, especially against Volt-Turn teams. In addition to this, the team is sorely lacking in focus when it comes to forcing a win-condition, outside or Magnezone+Pinsir. Both of these are aspects which are not permissible for offensive teams. They are, however, problems that can be mitigated with alterations to a couple of your sets and the replacement of a couple of Pokemon.

With regards to your Landorus set, I find defensive Landorus without U-turn deplorable, and personally do not consider it viable. I pinpointed this as the main reason for the team's largest issue, as I couldn't grab momentum against the likes of other defensive Landorus, Tapu Fini, Mega Venusaur, and Ferrothorn to bring in the appropriate Pokemon and keep up offensive pressure. I'd propose altering your Landorus set to Earthquake / U-turn / Stone Edge / Stealth Rock. The removal of both Hidden Power [Ice] and Knock Off may seem cataclysmic at first glance, but I have implemented workarounds to the issues of being weak to Shed Shell Skarmory, opposing offensive Landorus, Zygarde, and Salamence.

->
Adhering to the recurring issue of momentum, I found Tapu Fini, especially your set seeing as you were lacking Nature's Madness, to be a huge momentum drain. I'm not a huge fan of Tapu Fini at the best of times, and on this team it felt as though it wasn't doing much but occasionally getting off the Defog for Pinsir. In lieu of Tapu Fini, I'd suggest using SD Z-Fight Tapu Bulu with a set of Swords Dance / Horn Leech / Superpower / Zen Headbutt. This brings about a means with which to lure and eliminate or severely weaken the likes of Skarmory, Celesteela, Mega Scizor, and Ferrothorn, opening holes for both Pinsir and Greninja to clean up. Furthermore, it retains two important aspects that Tapu Fini brought to the table: the ability to reset Terrains to support Pinsir, and an (albeit looser) Ash-Greninja switchin. In addition to this, it checks Zygarde, which you were previously using Hidden Power [Ice] Landorus to do, whilst also posing a huge issue for standard stall builds.

Whilst using Greninja on this team, the only ever time I found myself requiring Hydro Pump was against Heatran, which in practice this team does not struggle with. The removal of Defog allows Greninja to run Spikes as opposed to Hydro Pump, which drastically improves matchup against VoltTurn teams, forcing them to concede momentum sooner or later to remove hazards, or simply crumble to residual damage from repeated switches. Conversely, it also allows this team to capitalise fully off the Volt-Turn nature of it and the amount of switches it forces.

->
Seeing as the with the removal of Tapu Fini came the removal of hazard control, which is not something you can forgo with Pinsir or Volt-Turn, another means of removal was required. I found Jirachi surplus to requirements when it came to checking Tapu Lele, as for offence AV Magnezone is more than enough considering that Lele is only really breaking it if it happens to be any set that isn't Choice Scarf (Z-Fight, Specs), and in those cases there were plenty of ways to either revenge kill or force it out. I decided to replace Jirachi with standard Choice Scarf Pheromosa. This offers the role compression or speed control+hazard removal needed for the team, and patches up weaknesses to the likes of double dance Landorus, Rain Offence (HJK to Pinsir's Quick Attack kills Kingdra), Z-Fly Salamence, and Pokemon such as Mega Alakazam that Greninja cannot revenge kill. It also acts as a great late-game cleaner thanks to Beast Boost and the team's ability to wear down fat cores via Pinsir, Tapu Bulu and Greninja.

mature name (Pinsir-Mega) @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat

mature name 2 (Magnezone) @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Discharge

ntl sucks (Tapu Bulu) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt

EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 28 Spe
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Gre<redacted> (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse

fuck noveliss (Pheromosa) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
-----------------------------
other options and notes.
A few shaky matchups still remain, as is the nature of offence in SM OU, though for the most part they can all be played around. Give consideration to the following: Earthquake > Close Combat on Pinsir if you want better odds of OHKOing Toxapex at +2 and want to punish Metagross (broken) switchins; Stone Edge > Zen Headbutt on Tapu Bulu should you not want to give Charizard-Y free switchins, as that equates to free kills in this case; Hasty > Lonely on Pheromosa should you encounter too many Jolly Rock Polish Landorus. The team is more offensive in nature and now focuses on checking things offensively more often than in a reactionary manner.

You know where to find me if you have any questions. Thanks for reading, and the best of luck.

Hi adamant excadrill I am going to rate your team. This will be the first rate I've posted in months, so consider yourself lucky (or the opposite). Furthermore, as you know, I neither play nor like SM OU. Just keep that in mind.

On paper, there aren't really too many huge holes in this team, considering this is SM OU. The biggest issue, though, is that it forces me to think whilst also lacking any real flow, and conceding too much momentum, especially against Volt-Turn teams. In addition to this, the team is sorely lacking in focus when it comes to forcing a win-condition, outside or Magnezone+Pinsir. Both of these are aspects which are not permissible for offensive teams. They are, however, problems that can be mitigated with alterations to a couple of your sets and the replacement of a couple of Pokemon.

With regards to your Landorus set, I find defensive Landorus without U-turn deplorable, and personally do not consider it viable. I pinpointed this as the main reason for the team's largest issue, as I couldn't grab momentum against the likes of other defensive Landorus, Tapu Fini, Mega Venusaur, and Ferrothorn to bring in the appropriate Pokemon and keep up offensive pressure. I'd propose altering your Landorus set to Earthquake / U-turn / Stone Edge / Stealth Rock. The removal of both Hidden Power [Ice] and Knock Off may seem cataclysmic at first glance, but I have implemented workarounds to the issues of being weak to Shed Shell Skarmory, opposing offensive Landorus, Zygarde, and Salamence.

->
Adhering to the recurring issue of momentum, I found Tapu Fini, especially your set seeing as you were lacking Nature's Madness, to be a huge momentum drain. I'm not a huge fan of Tapu Fini at the best of times, and on this team it felt as though it wasn't doing much but occasionally getting off the Defog for Pinsir. In lieu of Tapu Fini, I'd suggest using SD Z-Fight Tapu Bulu with a set of Swords Dance / Horn Leech / Superpower / Zen Headbutt. This brings about a means with which to lure and eliminate or severely weaken the likes of Skarmory, Celesteela, Mega Scizor, and Ferrothorn, opening holes for both Pinsir and Greninja to clean up. Furthermore, it retains two important aspects that Tapu Fini brought to the table: the ability to reset Terrains to support Pinsir, and an (albeit looser) Ash-Greninja switchin. In addition to this, it checks Zygarde, which you were previously using Hidden Power [Ice] Landorus to do, whilst also posing a huge issue for standard stall builds.

Whilst using Greninja on this team, the only ever time I found myself requiring Hydro Pump was against Heatran, which in practice this team does not struggle with. The removal of Defog allows Greninja to run Spikes as opposed to Hydro Pump, which drastically improves matchup against VoltTurn teams, forcing them to concede momentum sooner or later to remove hazards, or simply crumble to residual damage from repeated switches. Conversely, it also allows this team to capitalise fully off the Volt-Turn nature of it and the amount of switches it forces.

->
Seeing as the with the removal of Tapu Fini came the removal of hazard control, which is not something you can forgo with Pinsir or Volt-Turn, another means of removal was required. I found Jirachi surplus to requirements when it came to checking Tapu Lele, as for offence AV Magnezone is more than enough considering that Lele is only really breaking it if it happens to be any set that isn't Choice Scarf (Z-Fight, Specs), and in those cases there were plenty of ways to either revenge kill or force it out. I decided to replace Jirachi with standard Choice Scarf Pheromosa. This offers the role compression or speed control+hazard removal needed for the team, and patches up weaknesses to the likes of double dance Landorus, Rain Offence (HJK to Pinsir's Quick Attack kills Kingdra), Z-Fly Salamence, and Pokemon such as Mega Alakazam that Greninja cannot revenge kill. It also acts as a great late-game cleaner thanks to Beast Boost and the team's ability to wear down fat cores via Pinsir, Tapu Bulu and Greninja.

mature name (Pinsir-Mega) @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat

mature name 2 (Magnezone) @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Discharge

ntl sucks (Tapu Bulu) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt

EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 28 Spe
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Gre<redacted> (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse

fuck noveliss (Pheromosa) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
other options and notes.
A few shaky matchups still remain, as is the nature of offence in SM OU, though for the most part they can all be played around. Give consideration to the following: Earthquake > Close Combat on Pinsir if you want better odds of OHKOing Toxapex at +2 and want to punish Metagross (broken) switchins; Stone Edge > Zen Headbutt on Tapu Bulu should you not want to give Charizard-Y free switchins, as that equates to free kills in this case; Hasty > Lonely on Pheromosa should you encounter too many Jolly Rock Polish Landorus. The team is more offensive in nature and now focuses on checking things offensively more often than in a reactionary manner.

You know where to find me if you have any questions. Thanks for reading, and the best of luck.
I need hazard removal especially on a bo team like this and a team that's very Spikes weak like this team. Bulu only invites in m metagross and m venu honestly as well as Zard Y and volcarona soft checks it. Knock off on Lando T improves my stall match up. If I don't have zen head butt on Bulu I am very weak to M Venu. I also am not a fan of scarf nor spin on Pheromosa in all honesty. I'll still give it a try tho on suspect test ladder when I get home thanks Tigers :] And also if I don't have Fini I have no good water resist. I could try out Sd Bulu tho. Also if I don't have Fini I lack any sort of decent fire resist and no good dark resist. I don't have natures madness but I could use nature > taunt. Without Fini my team does struggle with Heatran (in terms of switching in or at least soft checking). A Greninja without hydro mean she im walled by tran when then grabs a free kill. My only check to it would then be Pheromosa and some what Pinsir (both which cannot switch in)

Last edited:

false

maybe this is heaven
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Past SPL Champion
yo adamant excadrill,

both hyper offense and stall look like tough matchups for this team. also, a lot of your stall countermeasures are shortsighted and will ultimately prove ineffective in practice. nature's madness-less tapu fini does not provide any sort of stallbreaking potential as it is easily walled by chansey. knock off landorus is also somewhat of an irrelevant stall countermeasure seeming that the only skarmory carrying shed shell would be paired with dugtrio (to remove magnezone). the changes i'm suggesting look to improve the matchups vs the styles that you struggle against, while also supporting the team as best as possible.

->
| change jirachi to garchomp | jirachi jumped out to me almost immediately as a pokemon that didn't quite fit. garchomp fulfils the role of a choice scarf user for this team far better than jirachi can, checking fires such as mega charizard x, mega charizard y, and volcarona, as well as other threatening offensive pokemon such as tapu koko, mega metagross, and thundurus-t. i've opted for stone edge in the last slot to ohko thundurus-t, however if you're only concerned about volcarona and mega charizard y then feel free to run rock slide instead.

->| change greninja to ash-greninja | ash-greninja's fantastic speed tier combined with access to priority gives the team additional firepower when facing offensive teams, while u-turn in combination with nature's madness tapu fini enables ash-greninja to threaten bulkier teams too. access to choice specs-boosted water shuriken enables greninja to check some of the more notable offensive threats to this build, pokemon such as tapu koko and choice specs pheromosa, which patches the team up when facing hyper offensive builds.

other tweaks/comments
  • | change tapu fini's moveset to: moonblast, nature's madness, taunt, defog | nature's madness is almost a requirement on tapu fini in my opinion and is definitely a requirement on this specific team, as is it needed to pressure defensive pokemon such as toxapex, chansey, and mega venusaur (which paves the way for ash-greninja). scald doesn't really hit any necessary targets for this team anyway, the only one thing would be landorus-t, something you already hit relatively hard with moonblast, and check with both your own landorus, and greninja.
  • | change mega pinsir to earthquake | while having coverage to hit rotom-w is definitely something that mega pinsir appreciates, the fact that you rely on it so heavily as an offensive breaker means that you require earthquake to pressure a larger group of pokemon. as tigers jaw mentioned, earthquake hits harder on toxapex, while also dealing significantly more damage to mega metagross. however, earthquake also allows mega pinsir to immediately threaten pokemon such as jirachi, bloom doom heatran and swords dance alolan-marowak, the latter two being offensive threats that the team can struggle with.
  • | change landorus-t to offensive swords dance | as much as having landorus act as a defensive pivot is useful to deal with some offensive threats, your team is simply too passive for this to be effective. swords dance landorus allows you to soften up many of the pokemon that mega pinsir and garchomp would like weakened, and z-fly gives you a secondary way to deal with grass-types, seeming that up until now you relied almost entirely on mega pinsir to deal with the likes of mega venusaur, tangrowth, and tapu bulu.
importable | replays: 1 2 3

yo adamant excadrill,

both hyper offense and stall look like tough matchups for this team. also, a lot of your stall countermeasures are shortsighted and will ultimately prove ineffective in practice. nature's madness-less tapu fini does not provide any sort of stallbreaking potential as it is easily walled by chansey. knock off landorus is also somewhat of an irrelevant stall countermeasure seeming that the only skarmory carrying shed shell would be paired with dugtrio (to remove magnezone). the changes i'm suggesting look to improve the matchups vs the styles that you struggle against, while also supporting the team as best as possible.

->
| change jirachi to garchomp | jirachi jumped out to me almost immediately as a pokemon that didn't quite fit. garchomp fulfils the role of a choice scarf user for this team far better than jirachi can, checking fires such as mega charizard x, mega charizard y, and volcarona, as well as other threatening offensive pokemon such as tapu koko, mega metagross, and thundurus-t. i've opted for stone edge in the last slot to ohko thundurus-t, however if you're only concerned about volcarona and mega charizard y then feel free to run rock slide instead.

->| change greninja to ash-greninja | ash-greninja's fantastic speed tier combined with access to priority gives the team additional firepower when facing offensive teams, while u-turn in combination with nature's madness tapu fini enables ash-greninja to threaten bulkier teams too. access to choice specs-boosted water shuriken enables greninja to check some of the more notable offensive threats to this build, pokemon such as tapu koko and choice specs pheromosa, which patches the team up when facing hyper offensive builds.

other tweaks/comments
  • | change tapu fini's moveset to: moonblast, nature's madness, taunt, defog | nature's madness is almost a requirement on tapu fini in my opinion and is definitely a requirement on this specific team, as is it needed to pressure defensive pokemon such as toxapex, chansey, and mega venusaur (which paves the way for ash-greninja). scald doesn't really hit any necessary targets for this team anyway, the only one thing would be landorus-t, something you already hit relatively hard with moonblast, and check with both your own landorus, and greninja.
  • | change mega pinsir to earthquake | while having coverage to hit rotom-w is definitely something that mega pinsir appreciates, the fact that you rely on it so heavily as an offensive breaker means that you require earthquake to pressure a larger group of pokemon. as tigers jaw mentioned, earthquake hits harder on toxapex, while also dealing significantly more damage to mega metagross. however, earthquake also allows mega pinsir to immediately threaten pokemon such as jirachi, bloom doom heatran and swords dance alolan-marowak, the latter two being offensive threats that the team can struggle with.
  • | change landorus-t to offensive swords dance | as much as having landorus act as a defensive pivot is useful to deal with some offensive threats, your team is simply too passive for this to be effective. swords dance landorus allows you to soften up many of the pokemon that mega pinsir and garchomp would like weakened, and z-fly gives you a secondary way to deal with grass-types, seeming that up until now you relied almost entirely on mega pinsir to deal with the likes of mega venusaur, tangrowth, and tapu bulu.
importable | replays: 1 2 3
Thanks so much bro :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)