Mega REvolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

EV

Banned deucer.
This idea came to me while browsing Bummer 's art thread but don't ask me why. Anyway, the concept is simple.

One Pokemon can mega evolve into (nearly) any mega forme of your choice!

Essentially, just slap the mega stone of the mega Pokemon you want onto your preferred base forme. Yes, that means you can give Politoed a Swampertite and Ninetales a Houndoominite. The abilities stay the same, however, so Politoed will always have either Water Absorb, Damp, or Drizzle and Mega Swampert will always have Swift Swim.

Banlist:
  • Smeargle + Mega Stone
  • Anything with more than 110 HP + Mega Stone
  • Pokemon besides the regular base forme + Mega Stone for -ate ability (i.e. Only Altaria can hold Altarianite, only Pinsir can hold Pinsirite, etc.)
  • Ubers
Special Mechanics:
  • Legal combinations cannot lose their Mega Stone to the moves Trick/Switcheroo/Knock Off/Covet/Thief/Fling/Bestow
  • HP from the base forme carries over to the mega (i.e. Mew has 100 HP, so its mega will also have 100.)
I feel like I might be forgetting something. Oh, right! Any move the base forme has carries over to the mega and not the other way around, hence why I banned Smeargle and why the -ates are limited. Otherwise we'd have Exploud mega evolving into Mega Gardevoir and spamming Boomburst like some horribly bastardized version of STABmons. But that's pretty much it! Feel free to post potential sets and strategies. Anything I like I'll add to the OP.

Basic

Politoed @ Swampertite
Ability: Drizzle -> Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Power-Up Punch / Filler

Ninetales @ Houndoominite
Ability: Drought -> Solar Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Energy Ball / Solar Beam
- Nasty Plot / Filler

Tyranitar @ Diancite
Ability: Sand Stream -> Magic Bounce
Evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Substitute / Taunt / Smack Down

@ Ampharosite
Ability: Levitate -> Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Roost
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam / Defog

Intermediate

Lunatone @ Abomasite
Ability: Levitate -> Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk, 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Blizzard
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot

Advanced

Magmortar @ Lopunnite
Ability: Vital Spirit -> Scrappy
Evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Mach Punch
- Frustration
- Fire Punch / Cross Chop
(Requires a lot of support, namely Stealth Rocks removal and hazards to break Sturdy/Sashes)

Movepool: Arcanine has a fairly varied movepool, at least on the physical spectrum, with moves like Flare Blitz, Close Combat, Extreme Speed, Wild Charge, Crunch, and Iron Head. On the special side it can run Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Solar Beam, and Dragon Pulse. It can even donate support moves like Will-o-Wisp, Morning Sun, and Roar. It loses points for lack of setup, however.

Abilities: Intimidate is probably its best one to pass on, simply because it can cause a switch or lessen the blow against its mega forme. Flash Fire can come in handy when evolving into another Fire Type or just to keep the bonus to Fire-type moves. Justified isn't bad either, since it activates on Knock Off whilst not being able to lose its mega stone.

Potential: Since its physical moves all make contact, Tough Claws Charizard-X makes a good candidate to evolve into. Metagross works in a similar vein, retaining STAB Iron Head and gaining lots of coverage options plus reliable recovery. Lopunny is worth looking into since it can abuse Close Combat and Extreme Speed with Scrappy while carrying Flare Blitz to punish walls like Skarmory.

Movepool: Support, check. Setup, check. Attacks, check. Mew has it all and more. Need something with reliable recovery? Throw Roost on there. Want STAB Knock Off for your Dark-type? We got it. Want momentum with U-turn or Volt Switch? Yep, got that too. Mew may be the first suspect of this OM tbh. There's really no reason not to run it unless you need something very specific from another Pokemon.

Abilities: It only has one and it's not very helpful. Oh well. The rest makes up for it.

Potential: Really anything. Tyranitar loves Roost and Knock Off. It can also slap on Taunt and Will-o-Wisp to screw over its switch-ins. Slowbro can set up faster with Nasty Plot and has great coverage to go alongside Scald and Psyshock. Aggron loves Roost even more than Tyranitar. 'Nuff said.

or

Movepool: Porygon has a lot of special moves. Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Blizzard, Zap Cannon, Solar Beam, Shadow Ball, Psyshock, Signal Beam, and Dark Pulse (Porygon-Z only). It also has Recover, Thunder Wave, Trick Room, Agility, and Nasty Plot (Porygon-Z only) for support/setup. And there are even some physical moves in there, but they really only favor one mega: Metagross.

Abilities: Download can make it pretty scary if you get the right boost. Trace (Porygon2 only) is useful in the right situation, like copying Intimidate or instance. Adaptability and Analytic or only helpful if you don't mega evolve that turn.

Potential: Anything that wants to go special and needs Nasty Plot or Agility. Or, a mixed mega that can use any boost that Download gives it.

Coded and waiting for a home!

Last edited:
Sounds like an interesting concept, but there is going to be a fair amount of broken shit here. Stuff like the sets you mentioned.

Depending on how the HP issue is, I might end up using a set that is something like this

Blissey @ Aggronite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft Boiled/Wish
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic/Thunder Wave/Stealth Rock

Yeah, Mega Aggron with 255 HP is scary. Also one of the biggest flaws with Mega Aggron is that it lacks reliable recovery, but here it gets it. :D

However that kind of terror is probably not going to be programmed in. I can't think of another set at the moment, will edit when I get an idea.

Edit: The ultimate terror:

Probopass @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Zap Cannon
- Dynamic Punch
- Pain Split
- Stealth Rock

Mega Evolve into something that can easily status and devastate many. ;)

Last edited:

Noivern @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Roost

First thing I thought of. To be blunt, this thing is a very much better Pidgeot. Noivern is also the only mon that learns all of these, so that's important. Boomburst smacks things and Hurricane has additional coverage. Focus Blast for annoying steel and rock types, something Pidgeot never could do! Still not very powerful, but hey, it's a hell of a lot better.

Crawdaunt @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

And you lose. Pretty simple, Dragon Dance is a completely legitimate alternative. Knock Off wrecks everything, Aqua Jet for priority. Hyper Cutter to nullify intimidate mons that switch in when it's still a Crawdaunt.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Mew immediately comes to mind. With such an expansive movepool, it can really abuse any Mega Evolution. Imagine Mega Beedrill with Gunk Shot and Earthquake, or Mega Sceptile with Nasty Plot, Earth Power, Surf, Fire Blast, etc.... Yikes.

*Edit

Until I get the coding aspect figured out, I'm just going to make a decision now regarding HP. The base forme must have an equal or lower HP stat than the mega forme. Sorry NOCturnal Hunter , no Blissey -> Mega Aggronite :(. No Blissey at all, actually, but there's still Happiny!
Welp, nevermind then.

EV

Banned deucer.
Until I get the coding aspect figured out, I'm just going to make a decision now regarding HP. The base forme must have an equal or lower HP stat than the mega forme. Sorry NOCturnal Hunter , no Blissey -> Mega Aggronite :(. No Blissey at all, actually, but there's still Happiny!

Edit: OP updated.

Last edited:
Shuckle @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: max attack and speed
Adamant nature
- Shell Smash
- Knock off
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

I think I just broke the tier
I could do this more easily if things like Kangaskhanite and Gengarite were allowed. For instance, for Mega Mom:

w0rd (Mew) @ Kangaskanite
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Super Fang
- Night Shade
- Seismic Toss
- Roost

Need I say more?
Aw....

This is a fairly interesting meta. One major threat that I can think of is Sharpedo/Mega Gyarados.
Sharpedo gives it speed boost, as well as water/dark/ice/ground/poison coverage and destiny bond. This alleviates the speed depravities and it gives it a powerful dark stab and more coverage.

An example set would be something like this:
Sharpedo @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Speed Boost -> Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Waterfall / Ice Fang
- Earthquake / Ice Fang
- Crunch / Ice Fang
- Protect / Substitute

Another thing that I noticed was Mew -> Diancie-Mega:

Anti-Status (Mew) @ Diancite
Ability: Synchronize -> Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 Hp or 252 SpA / 252 Hp / 4 Def
Timid or Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Dazzling Gleam / Ice Beam
- Rock Polish / Nasty Plot / Aura Sphere / Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

So many choices for this one. Earth Power and Dark Pulse are fairly essential for coverage. Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, and Earth Power hit a lot of mons super effectively, while Dazzling Gleam, Dark Pulse, and Earth Power hit slightly less things, although the stab move helps. The last slot can be used for even more coverage, or it can be used for set up moves to either sweep or break stall. If you are running Dazzling Gleam and you want the fourth coverage move, run Ice Beam. If you are running Ice Beam and want more coverage, run Aura Sphere. Dark/Fairy/Ground/Ice hits a whopping 579 pokemon super-effectively and has no resists, yes, not even based surskit resists it.

Here's something that is perhaps a wee bit unconventional

Masquerain @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Intimidate -> Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Water Pulse / Hydro Pump
- Roost
- Ice Beam / Blizzard

Even I thought that this idea would be crazy at first, but let's see what this set is capable of.

-You start right off with your opponent's attack getting lowered.
-Quiver Dance. Mega Blastoise can certainly take advantage of that.
-Masquerain can learn both Water Pulse and Hydro Pump, which make for great STABs for Mega Blastoise. Water Pulse is boosted by Mega Launcher and is more reliable in terms of accuracy, whereas Hydro Pump bests Water Pulse in terms of sheer power.
-You have reliable recovery in Roost.
-Good Ice coverage in Ice Beam and Blizzard. Again, the choice is yours, depending on whether you prefer power or accuracy.
-Although you will be slow to start, the effective defense boost you gain by lowering your opponent's attack, the special defense boost from Quiver Dance, and Mega Blastoise's natural bulk coupled with Max HP should definitely allow it to be able to take a couple hits before it becomes more of a literal tank. (You could invest in Speed EVs, but with a subpar base 70 HP stat, you'd want to invest as much into that as possible.)

Last edited:
Why not instead

They modify the stats relative to their own the same way the Mega does (so if the Mega adds 50 Attack, they gain 50 Attack, if it lowers its Special Attack by 15 relative to its base species they lose 15 Special Attack)

Gain the Mega's Ability

And are otherwise themselves? (Their typing remains the same) Instead of "give a Mega any existing Pokemon's movepool".

Or would the existing idea be more readily coded?

EDIT: I think this is interesting, I just am throwing out a variation that also seems interesting to me.

This could be very interesting.

For instance you could give mega heracross water shuriken if you wanted, however greninja can't give mega heracross much more than that sadly.

I do like the idea of giving mega pidgeot moves like zap cannon and dynamic punch though.

EDIT:
Why not instead

They modify the stats relative to their own the same way the Mega does (so if the Mega adds 50 Attack, they gain 50 Attack, if it lowers its Special Attack by 15 relative to its base species they lose 15 Special Attack)

Gain the Mega's Ability

And are otherwise themselves? (Their typing remains the same) Instead of "give a Mega any existing Pokemon's movepool".

EDIT: I think this is interesting, I just am throwing out a variation that also seems interesting to me.
I think this is also an interesting idea, however some measures would need to be taken in order to keep it balanced. Blazikenite, mawilite, gengarite, and medichamite should all be banned due to their powerful abilities, and beedrillite and lucarionite should be suspected as well. Beedrillite more so than lucarionite because beedrillite would give a massive boost to attack and speed, +60 and +70 respectively.

Last edited:
Why not instead

Gain the Mega's Ability

You'd have to take into account the possibility for secondary type changes (because some Mega Stones do that, such as Altarianite), but otherwise that seems pretty cool. Actually, that sounds freaking awesome to be honest. I'd totally play that.

EV

Banned deucer.
Why not instead

Gain the Mega's Ability

Great. Ghoul King is derailing my meta. ;___;

TBK actually talked to me about that idea on Showdown earlier after I posted this one, but I'm dubious about coding it. Then again, this one may have issues because of HP. At any rate, I like my idea because it gives you a new movepool to play with and a new ability on your base forme while also requiring you to fit it together with a final forme that appreciates the new moves. I'm going to throw together a list of "donors" soon, or base formes that have a lot to offer multiple megas, stuff like Mew, as a mock threatlist. I'll let the masses sort it out as they please.

Great. Ghoul King is derailing my meta. ;___;

TBK actually talked to me about that idea on Showdown earlier after I posted this one, but I'm dubious about coding it. Then again, this one may have issues because of HP. At any rate, I like my idea because it gives you a new movepool to play with and a new ability on your base forme while also requiring you to fit it together with a final forme that appreciates the new moves. I'm going to throw together a list of "donors" soon, or base formes that have a lot to offer multiple megas, stuff like Mew, as a mock threatlist. I'll let the masses sort it out as they please.
Other one has the advantage of not having HP problems. But yeah, let's discuss this here and make another submission for that. Ghoul King, make it happen!

You can have megas with different base HP than the base. its just a flavor issue with other metas(not this one since your mevolving into a different pokemon). for instance blissey evolves into meggron and has full HP but shedinja evolves into meggron but has 1 HP even though they both have the same hp as aggron.

Tyranitar @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw / Outrage

Set up Sandstorm, grab a DD boost, and MEvolve on the first turn, then proceed to sweep with Sand Force-boosted attacks. Works best as a last Pokémon because it can only have Sand Stream once.

+1 252+ Atk Sand Force Mega Garchomp Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory in Sand: 162-191 (48.5 - 57.1%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Sand Force Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Venusaur in Sand: 267-315 (73.3 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
+1 252+ Atk Sand Force Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Mega Aggron in Sand: 247-292 (71.8 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

EV

Banned deucer.
You can have megas with different base HP than the base. its just a flavor issue with other metas(not this one since your mevolving into a different pokemon). for instance blissey evolves into meggron and has full HP but shedinja evolves into meggron but has 1 HP even though they both have the same hp as aggron.
I'm not quite sure what you're saying.

Tyranitar @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw / Outrage

Set up Sandstorm, grab a DD boost, and MEvolve on the first turn, then proceed to sweep with Sand Force-boosted attacks. Works best as a last Pokémon because it can only have Sand Stream once.

+1 252+ Atk Sand Force Mega Garchomp Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory in Sand: 162-191 (48.5 - 57.1%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Sand Force Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Venusaur in Sand: 267-315 (73.3 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
+1 252+ Atk Sand Force Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Mega Aggron in Sand: 247-292 (71.8 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
You might as well keep Fire Blast to roast Skarmory so it can't phaze you.

If we go with Ghoul's option, we'll have to quickban Beedrillite. +60 Attack, +70 Speed, and Adaptability will break just about every physically inclined Mon in existence.

Flygon @ Altarianite
Ability: Levitate --> Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast/Roost
- Roost/Defog
Flygon allows Mega Altaria to become a great special wallbreaker with Boomburst, removes its initial SR weakness and allows it to provide team support with Defog should it choose to do so. It also can target Heatran without going mixed now.

Greninja @ Beedrillite
Ability: Protean --> Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Low Kick/Ice Punch
- Water Shuriken/Ice Punch
With Greninja, Beedrill no longer needs to use Protect to take advantage of its Speed and power and can fire off a U-turn right away. Additionally, it gains a stronger Poison STAB in Gunk Shot, which should nuke any non-resists. Low Kick beats Heatran, Empoleon, and others while Ice Punch beats Gliscor and Lando-T. Water Shuriken is nice for priority and might beat Talonflame and Mega Aero, but I can't be sure of that with the calculator down.

EDIT: FlyTaria is illegal, but Ninjadrill has been spared!

Last edited:
I'm thinking about slow Megas that can set up their own Trick Room.

@ Cameruptite
Ability: Levitate -> Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP, 8 Def, 252 SpA
Quiet nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- filler

It looks like Solrock is the only Trick Room Pokémon with access to both of Camerupt's STAB moves of choice. I don't know what to put in the last slot...maybe Rock Slide or Psychic/Shadow Ball?

Other candidates for Cameruptite include Claydol (takes less damage from rocks, has Earth Power and Ice Beam but no useful Fire moves) and Chandelure (has Fire Blast with Flash Fire but arguably worse coverage). Victini, unfortunately, has too darn much HP.

@ Ampharosite
Ability: Download -> Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SpA
Quiet nature
- Trick Room
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Any Porygon works, but P2 works best due to having the best bulk and slower speed than PZ. While Porygon does not have a Dragon move for Ampharos (outside of lolHPDragon), it more than makes up for it with Ice Beam and Recover, the former providing BoltBeam coverage and the latter allowing Amphy to stay alive longer. It also has Download for a possible Special Attack boost prior to mega evolution.

@ Tyranitarite
Ability: Synchronize -> Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 SpD
Brave nature
- Trick Room
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off / Sucker Punch
- Earthquake / Drain Punch / U-turn

Plenty of options here; I just named a few. Stone Edge for Rock STAB, either Knock Off or Sucker Punch for Dark STAB, and the third attack can be coverage (Earthquake / Drain Punch) or utility (U-turn).

@ Aggronite
Ability: Unaware -> Filter
Brave nature
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Swoobat is an interesting candidate for Aggronite, having only 3 less base HP than Aggron and access to Gyro Ball(???), Knock Off, and U-turn. Knock Off may not be too useful with Megas being the central theme of the meta, but hey, only one Mega per team, right? U-turn, on the other hand, is very cool; it can pass 3 turns of Trick Room to another team member. Another option up for consideration is Roost in case of HP problems. Unaware is more of a filler ability than anything because Simple does not help it at all and Klutz is useless.

Other candidates for Aggronite include Bronzong (Earthquake and Stealth Rock but not much else), Starmie (gets Recover but only has Gyro Ball and Waterfall for offensive moves), and Claydol (same reason as Bronzong but with Rapid Spin and Stone Edge).

@ Abomasite
Ability: Levitate -> Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP, 8 Def, 252 SpA
Quiet nature
- Trick Room
- Blizzard
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot

There aren't many candidates for Abomasite, but I suppose Lunatone will have to do. Good coverage in Blizzard and Earth Power with supplementary STAB in Grass Knot. Psyshock can be put in the fourth slot, but it doesn't offer much in coverage outside of Cryogonal (heh).

Other candidates for Abomasite include Frillish for Giga Drain (because Jellicent has too much HP), Slowpoke for Earthquake and Fire Blast (because Slowbro and Slowking have too much HP), and Dusknoir for priority (Shadow Sneak) but abysmal HP and not much else to offer beyond Blizzard and Earthquake.

@ Steelixite
Ability: Sand Stream -> Sand Force
Adamant nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail / Toxic
- Rock Slide
- Slack Off

This set is mainly gimmicky because of using an NFE (Hippowdon and Ttar have too much HP). Not only that, Hippopotas has to resort to Iron Tail for a Steel move and Rock Slide for a Rock move. (It can also use Rock Tomb, but that's only useful on Breloom.) Hey, at least it gets recovery in Slack Off, heh. Not much else, though... Superpower?

ok

Scrafty/scraggy @ Medichamnite
Ability: Shedskin/Moxie/Whocares => Pure Power
Evs: 252 atk 252 spe
Jolly nature
- Dragon dance
- Drain punch /HJK
- Ice punch/Something
- Zenheadbutt/something

game won, go home
scraggy, scrafty, whichever, same move pool. once you guys figure the HP issue, you can decide which to use.

Last edited:
What I'm saying Eevee General is that if you have mega pokemon x with 50 base HP and you have blissey evolve into it blissey will obtain a base HP of 50. if a digglett evolves into it it will also have 50 base HP. meaning no matter what the base form has the mega will have the stats its programmed to have.

Here's some interesting stuff:

Carracosta @ Metagrossite
Ability: Solid Rock ---> Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Here's one of my favorite sets that I'm quite eager to test out! Carracosta provides Shell Smash to a Mega Metagross, just let that sink in. Plus, it has the movepool to make it work because it has access to Iron Head. Furthermore, Mega Metagross now has Knock Off, which hits insanely hard. This thing will definitely be a threat in my opinion, because of the two's synergy with each other at least. The basic premise is to take a Knock Off from an opposing Pokemon and Shell Smash, then proceed to mega evolve. The thing is, The whole difference between the two's Speed stats are 78 points. That's a lot. Mega Metagross can surprise foes by running special moves such as Hydro Pump, Earth Power, and Ice Beam, to surprise usual checks. Over Knock Off, Ice Beam could see use to prevent Landorus-T from coming in for free and wreaking havoc. This set will probably be best used late-game when the opposition is worn down. I find it especially useful that Mega Metagross is extremely hard to revenge kill via priority because of its typing and how nothing really KOes it except Sucker Punch. I have a feeling this will see usage!

Beautifly @ Sceptilite
Ability: Swarm ---> Lightningrod
EVs: 24 HP / 56 Def / 252 SpD / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

This is an interesting set that I feel has promise to it. The basic premise of it is to not reveal the mega that Beautifly is until an Electric-type comes in, then mega evolve to take the Lightningrod boost and snag a free Quiver Dance. In just one turn it can have +2 Special Attack / +1 Special Defense / +1 Speed, or a recipe for disaster, in other terms. However, Beautifly's coverage is a bit disappointing. I was using the type coverage tool to determine the best coverage to run and this is what I got. Only a few Dark-types resist this combination, and of these only Bisharp, Mandibuzz, and Houndoom, are viable enough to consider. This set also takes a huge boost when mega evolving and a Quiver Dance Mega Sceptile is quite threatening to say the least! Giga Drain is a mandatory STAB move that keeps it healthy throughout the match. Ok, allow me to talk about the funky spread. So, I was running a bunch of calcs for this and was trying to find some Speed benchmarks to hit and some attacks I should focus on living; here's what I came up with. Firstly, 176 Speed EVs and a Timid nature allow Mega Sceptile to outspeed Mega Lopunny by one point. Next, 252 Special Defense EVs and 24 HP EVs allow Mega Sceptile to live a Draco Meteor from Latios from full health, with the rest being dumped into Defense for all-around bulk. I decided running a bulky spread would be best because Mega Sceptile would be, at least what I think would be, aiming to be a bulkier set up Pokemon that constantly wears down the opponent. With a Lightning Rod boost and Quiver Dance under its belt, it's plenty powerful!

Scrafty @ Lopunnite
Ability: Intimidate ---> Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Knock Off

This is an alternative to CactusCacti 's set and is trying to take a different approach to Mega Medicham by running Mega Lopunny instead. The whole reason for this is Scrappy High Jump Kick and more Speed in general, making it tougher to revenge kill. This follows the basic premise of Dragon Dancing and using Scrafty's nice bulk to get to high levels. Once this is achieved, it can mega evolve and take advantage of Mega Lopunny's heightened Speed and power. Really basic set. Ice Punch can be used over Knock Off, but I just like Knock Off because ya know... Knock Off!

Whatcha guys think :)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)