ORAS OU Mega Sceptile and Friends: Peak 1600+

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey there guys, I am littlelucario, a fairly active user on these forums, and I would appreciate if you guys could swing by this team and rate it. Sceptile is my favorite Hoenn starter, so I decided to make a team around him. This team peaked around 1500 or 1600 on the ladder, but I went down into the 1300s after some tilt. Sorry I don't have a screenshot, tilt got to me really bad.

I wanted to make a team around mega Sceptile, so I started with him.

Next I added sub+DD gyarados to the team and CB Talonflame so that I could make a FWG core with Sceeptile and have some Pokemon that are stopped by rotom-w abuse the teammate in mega sceptile.

Next, I added Terrakion because I wanted an offensive rock setter.

Next I added Excadrill because I wanted a rapid Spinner to go with Talonflame.

Lastly, I added scarfed MoxieMence as a Revenge Killer that can sweep teams.

I replaced Salamence with Thundurus so that I could revenge kill Greninja and other top tier threats better.

I replaced Terrakion for Landorus-T so that I had a better Stealth rock Lead that was a bulky pivot.

I replaced Bulky Gyarados for Crocune because it fits better with this team and can sweep a lot easier than gyarados. I also changed Talonflame's set for the SD set because it is better in the current meta.

I replaced Thundurus for mixed Greninja because it is a better revenge killer and it can sweep a lot easier.

Lastly, I replaced Excadrill For Latios because the Pokemon He delt with were already Handled by most of the Pokemon that I had already and Latios is way more viable.

Lastly, I did a huge overhaul of the team and replaced crocune and latos for Pokemon that I thought had better synergy with the team as well as forming a volturn core. Rotom-w I added because of volt switch, general bulk and wisp. Scizor is a replacement defogger and a slowturner. This team had become a slow volturn team when I had finished

Without further ado, here is the team!

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 SpD / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Analysis:
Mega Sceptile is an amazing wall breaker that can tear apart unprepared teams. The EVs are mainly to take residual damage better with an odd HP as well as max out my sweeping potential as well as my raw power. The timid nature is there so that sceptile can speed tie mega Beedrill as well as out speed the base 130+ megas. Substitute allows me to have more versatility because I can predict switches and 1v1 Pokemon I wouldn't be able to otherwise. Mega sceptile can take down Mamoswine and Weavile 1v1 as long as rocks are up or they don't have a focus sash. Giga drain allows mega sceptile to heal back the HP it loses when it uses subsitute which is especially important because megas cannot hold leftovers. Dragon Pulse is a reliable STAB move that allows mega sceptile to deal with many top-tier threats such as garchomp, (watch out for scarf) dragonite, and others. Focus Blast is the best coverage move that you can have on this set as it hits the steel types that wall this set for huge damage that is often super effective.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Analysis:
Rotom-w is an incredibly bulky Pokemon that is extremely difficult to be killed. The stat spread is so that Rotom-w takes less damage while still being able to get huge pain splits off and so that it minimizes the residual damage that it takes. Hydro is an excellent STAB water move that does a lot of damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Volt Switch forms a volturn core with scizor and landorus. Pain Split is semi reliable recovery that also allows rotom to cripple opposing Pokemon. Lastly, Will-O-Wisp is an excellent move that allows rotom to cripple physical attackers as well as walls.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Analysis:
Do I really need to explain how much of a monster Talonflame is? Gale Wings makes all of Talonflame's flying types moves have +1 priority, which means that Talonflame gets priority recovery in roost. Brave Bird is an incredibly powerful STAB move that can decimate teams, but Talonflame's livability is quickly decreased by it. Flare blitz is an amazing STAB move that covers a lot of things that Brave Bird does not immediately KO. Roost allows Talonflame to heal off the recoil from its STAB moves. Talonflame functions as an excellent check to most top tier threats such as Greninja and mega sceptile as well as being arguably the best revenge killer in the tier. I'm using sharp beak as it powers up my main attacking move almost as much as life orb without the recoil.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 10 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn / Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Analysis:
Landorus-T is one of if not the most used Pokemon in OU, and for good reason. It can have several different roles ranging from revenge killer to being a bulky pivot. Leftovers are generally a good healing item that allows landorus to survive longer. Rocks are self-explanitory. U-turn is a great pivot move especially because mega sceptile functions amazingly with volturn support and landorus-t functions as a slowturn user. Knock off is a great move to stop scarfers and cripple eviolite users such as chansey. Stone Edge is an excellent coverage move especially when coupled with his STAB so he can have EdgeQuake coverage with a third attacking move.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 225 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- Knock Off

Analysis:
Scizor is a prolific offensive threat as well as a great support mon. It is a great U-turner that allows me to maintain momentum throughout the match while still dealing damage. Bullet Punch is an excellent STAB move that allows Scizor to pick off weakened Pokemon on the other team. In the last slot, there is a plethora of moves that you can use such as superpower, pursuit, or even Knock Off. You can also run roost if you want reliable recovery. Defog is almost mandatory on this team because I have Talonflame and it generally is nice to have a defogger that can resist the hazard that it needs to clear for its teammates.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 244 Atk / 14 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Low Kick
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam

Analysis:
Greninja is an excellent glue Pokemon for this team that I kind of slapped on to kill late-game when the opponent's team is weakened enough for it to kill, but he has worked out better than I could've ever hoped. It forms an amazing sweeping core with mega sceptile and Talonflame that can rip through teams. Life Orb is used for the same reasons stated above. Dark pulse is an amazing coverage move that can pop many of the new megas in 1-2 hits such as mega metagross, mega slowbro, and mega lati@s. Ice Beam is a great move that can counter all the Pokemon in the tier that are weak to it such as; breloom, dragonite, salamence, gliscor, mega sceptile, and many others. However, be careful of faster megas and priority when using greninja or else it will quickly disappear. Low kick is used over Hydro Pump as it covers the same threats that Hydro Pump does except with 100% accuracy and hits on the weaker of their defenses. Gunk Shot is an amazing move that allows Greninja to take down threats that it couldn't before and is its most powerful move.

Importable:
Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 32 HP / 226 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 225 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- Knock Off

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 16 HP / 242 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Low Kick
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam

Talonflame @ Salac Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 32 HP / 226 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Natural Gift

Threat List:
Bisharp-If this

Reposting because first one said XY.

Last edited:

Pent

dumb broad
Hi littlelucario ! I've always been a big fan of your RMT, and this one is pretty good, but I do recommend some changes that will help a bit more in my opinion.

First of all, Suicune is usually found in UU because it's outclassed by things like Slowbro. Since Slowbro is a bit Bulkier than Suicune, and you can easily use a Crobro set. I would try this one.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Sp Atk / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Calm Mind
- Sleep Talk

Your EV spread to Greninja is rather weird since you only have 2 Physical attacks. I would run 72 Atk / 184 Sp Atk / 252 Spe.
I would also pick a third move for Latios :P

Honestly, that's all the recommendations I have to this team.
Hope it helps! ^^

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi littlelucario ! I've always been a big fan of your RMT, and this one is pretty good, but I do recommend some changes that will help a bit more in my opinion.

First of all, Suicune is usually found in UU because it's outclassed by things like Slowbro. Since Slowbro is a bit Bulkier than Suicune, and you can easily use a Crobro set. I would try this one.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Sp Atk / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Calm Mind
- Sleep Talk

Your EV spread to Greninja is rather weird since you only have 2 Physical attacks. I would run 72 Atk / 184 Sp Atk / 252 Spe.
I would also pick a third move for Latios :P

Honestly, that's all the recommendations I have to this team.
Hope it helps! ^^
Thanks for the suggestions!
Slowbro actually gets slack off, so i might try a scald+ice beam set. Then, I'll only need one moveslot for healing.
The reason for the EV spread is because I want to be able to 2HKO chansey after rocks and because I generally use gubk shot and low kick waaaaay more than ice beam and dark pulse in the first place. On top of that, Suicune is my Greninja counter and slowbro gets bodied by Greninja's dark pulse.

Pent

dumb broad
Uh... Your EV Spread for Rotom-Wash is a bit crazy... I would do the standard 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe so you can walk physical Pokemon like Talonflame and outspeed and burn Azumarill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of all the moves that Scizor can learn, why did you choose Aerial Ace?

I would rather choose Knock Off (because it's Knock Off), Pursuit (to trap the Latis), or even Superpower (to check incoming Zones).

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
Uh... Your EV Spread for Rotom-Wash is a bit crazy... I would do the standard 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe so you can walk physical Pokemon like Talonflame and outspeed and burn Azumarill.
If I run min HP, then the pain splits can drain more HP from the opponent, and allows it to take their health lower.
Out of all the moves that Scizor can learn, why did you choose Aerial Ace?

I would rather choose Knock Off (because it's Knock Off), Pursuit (to trap the Latis), or even Superpower (to check incoming Zones).
Yeah, I just did that because my friend was being an idiot while we were skyping each other and I didn't even think about that, changing it to knock off now.

Last edited:
Only thing I probably could recommend is mixing up Rotom's ev's a bit.
try 104 spdef 248 hp and the rest into defense.
It'll help with bisharp as he could possibly be a problem along with scizor if set up properly.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
Only thing I probably could recommend is mixing up Rotom's ev's a bit.
try 104 spdef 248 hp and the rest into defense.
It'll help with bisharp as he could possibly be a problem along with scizor if set up properly.
Thanks! i'll try the changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)