Mega Venusaur QC [0/4]

Are you willing to use Mega Venusaur

• Total voters
[OVERVIEW]

Mega Venusaur has a very rare face in the metagame. People are aware then Mega Venusaur exist, but people use Mega Venusaur rarely. With Mega Venusaur you can really get an edge over your opponent. On honesty if you open or put Mega Venusaur into battle the first move you make can really make it or brake it for your opponent. It has a couple of status move that can make your opponent think. Unless he bought a taunt user or a grass type Mega Venusaur tricks can harm your opponent. Also, when Venusaur mega evolve it gains more bulk in defense and special defense so you can take hits. After that Mega Venusaur's ability gives you a better chance in taking multiple hits. The ability Thick Fat makes fire and ice type move do half damage. You are basically getting rid of two weaknesses for mega evolving. So think about it, you get stronger in your overall defense and getting less weaknesses. To me that is a win win situation right there, but wait there is more. You get more attack power as well. So know you are a bulky pokemon who is able to take hits and hits your opponent back hard. OMG that is too good. Overall Mega Venusaur is a good pokemon that can work in different ways to fit your team.

[SET]
name: Energy Taker
move 1: Leech Seed/Sleep Power
move 2: Giga Drain
move 3: Sludge Bomb
move 4: Hidden Power Fire/Ice
item: Venusaurite
ability: Thick Fat
nature: Modest
evs: 152 HP / 252 SpA / 104 Spe or 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Leech Seed/Sleep Power- This is a option that depends on you. On one hand you can use Leech Seed and you can mess with people who want to wall you or you just need a little extra recovery. On the other hand you can use Sleep Power can start taking down your opponent without them fighting back.

Giga Drain- This is for STAB and to last the battle a little bit longer by absorbing HP.

Sludge Bomb- This is just for high power STAB.

Hidden Power Fire/Ice- If you need to deal with steel types (Scizor and Ferrothorn) or dragon types (Garchomp and Salamence).

Set Details
========

EVs Spread: 160 HP is just for overall bulk, 252 SpA is to get the max power to damage your opponent, and the 96 Spe so you can outspeed pokemon with 91 base speed that is not invested, 59 base speed invested fully without nature, and 50 base speed invested fully and with nature. The other evs spread is for more bulk with a little speed.

Nature: Modest to get the Max out of that SpA.

Item: Venusaurite to mega evolve.

Usage Tips
========

How I will use Mega Venusaur is for standard play. First I look at the team preview to see how many treats are there for Mega Venusaur. When I see three or more threats I usually don't put in Mega Venusaur for that battle. Well if you are planning to use Mega Venusaur make sure the threats are out of you way so you can start hell for your opponent. With the moveset I gave you two pokemon resists all your moves (except status moves). Those pokemon are Chandelure and Dragalge. You don't have to worry about these two because your team will help you out, but if Mega Venusaur is the last pokemon you had versing any of those two pokemon it can be hard. Overall you should be fine if you take out major threats.

Team Options
========

Some good teammates for Mega Venusaur are Heatran, Rotom-W, Excadrill, Bisharp, Tyranitar, Skarmory, Registeel, Empoleon, and Aegislash just for weakness and switching coverage and take out some of your major threats. To give you an idea on the teammates for Mega Venusaur some of the pokemon I have on my team are Rotom-W and Bisharp. I felt like you just need two or three coverage teammates to be safe on Battle Spot Singles.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

One other option is to run a defensive set for mega Venusaur. The reason I like the offensive set because the defensive set is almost the same as offensive, but with defensive evs spread. Also you get more coverage for the offensive set.

Checks and Counters
===================

Counters:

Flying Type's Moves
Psychic Type's Moves

Checks:

Gengar
Chansey
Blissey
Sweepers Setting Up

Last edited:

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This analysis needs a lot of work, sorry to say. You need to follow the format and tone of existing analyses, which is extremely formal. That means no expressions like "OMG" and no referring to yourself or your opinion with phrases like "I think" or "I like" as everything is to be presented as fact. In addition to this, your overview just needs a lot of work with flow as it is very difficult to read. You really need to decide what you are going to say, rather than just writing everything as it comes to mind. That's also why the analysis should be in skeleton outline form before getting checked.

Your other sections need a lot of work too (and again, they should not even be written out yet). You don't explain the moves beyond the obvious; it's important to tell us specifically what each move is used for and what it can hit. Your usage tips say pretty much nothing except "don't bring it in against Chandelure and Dragalge" when is also a big no-no as it really tells us nothing about what it should be brought in on. Team Options need more detail as to how they support Venusaur beyond just type synergy, because typing is not really everything.

Another thing imo is that Defensive should get its own set but that's something else. Gonna reject this, lurk a lot more before doing another analysis please, there are plenty of already completed analyses for you to learn from. And get to know what the process is as well, why is the title QC 0/4 when we only require three checks?

QC Rejected 1/3

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hula pretty much sums up most of what I want to say as well. You should definitely check out the completed analyses here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/preliminary-pokedex.304/ and get a feel for what an analysis should include. Then, start with an outline (i.e. bullet points) for your analysis. After two checks you can begin writing the complete version. But yeah, as it stands this analysis will be rejected.

QC Rejected 2/3

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think it's great that you're willing to try to contribute and help the site grow, but this really isn't up to scratch... looking through this I'm seeing a lot of spelling and grammar errors, possibly way too many for GP to have to deal with. As mentioned above, the use of the personal voice is really informal and kind of inappropriate for the format. Also, your metagame knowledge is a bit off as you refer to things such as Chandelure, Dragalge, Registeel and Empoleon, none of which are particularly common in the format. Definitely lurk more in the main Battle Spot subforum and learn the ins and outs of the format so that we don't have to reject your next analysis too. Sorry :(

QC Rejected 3/3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)