ORAS OU Megagross OU Team

Hi everyone! Just wanted to share my OU team that I've made! I've went through a lot of changes before with past drafts so I hope this team can have some improvements! Without further ado, let's get started!

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Clear Body/Tough Claws
Jolly
252 Attack/252 Speed/4 Def
Zen Headbutt
Meteor Mash
Hammer Arm
Ice Punch

Megagross is the star of my team. I've wanted to try to have a "bulky offense" team and I felt Metagross fit the bill well. His huge attack power, offensive presence, great coverage, and his ability to be able to take a hit if he has too helps me deal with threats like Fairies and I've often found Ice Punch to catch a lot of people off guard. Overall he's just a fun 'mon to use. I went with Zen Headbutt and Meteor Mash for STAB, Hammer Arm for coverage, and Ice Punch is for coverage against Dragons and the like. A Jolly nature is used with max Speed to be as fast as possible, and I also invested in max Attack and a bit of Defense.

Entei @ Choice Band
Pressure
Adamant
252 Attack/252 Speed/4 Def
Sacred Fire
Stone Edge
Extreme Speed
Bulldoze

To go with another bulky attacker, I decided to use Entei. He can take a hit or too and he provides Fire coverage for the team. He can also priority kill with Extreme Speed, which helps since a fair number of my team is slow. Sacred Fire is for very strong Fire STAB, Stone Edge is for coverage against threats such as Talonflame, Extreme Speed is for priority kills, and Bulldoze is Entei's only way of dealing with threats like Heatran. I had to do an Adamant nature since I have Extreme Speed and I maxed Attack with a Choice Band for full offensive force. Speed was also maxed out to outspeed a fair number of threats and I also invested a bit of Defense.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Overcoat
248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Toxic
- Defog

Here's the next member, Mandibuzz. I choose her since I wanted Dark coverage and a hazard remover, and a Ground immunity all in one 'mon. Mandibuzz is great at taking hits both physically and specially and is great at staying in the field. Foul Play is for a great Dark STAB move and I can get around her weaker Attack stat. Roost is used with Leftovers for recovery, Defog is to remove hazards, and Toxic is to cripple walls and to provide another form of damage output for Mandibuzz.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Levitate
248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Rotom Wash I felt was a good pick for my team. It provides Water and Electric coverage that is needed and it is another great status inflicter as wall as another wall, on top of being immune to Electric. The Volt Switch pivotness can also be really useful too. Hydro Pump is for strong STAB, Will-O-Wisp is for crippling attacks, Pain Split is used with Leftovers for recovery, and Volt Switch is to provide a pivot for the team to safely switch in without worry. I gave almost full HP with max Defense and a Bold nature to best tank physical hits. The remaining Speed was put in to outspeed certain threats.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Rough Skin
240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Next here is Garchomp. I chose Garchomp as my Stealth Rock setter and for my go-to lead for my team. The "TankChomp" set is nice to set up Stealth Rocks and use Dragon Tail to stack up residual damage. Rough Skin with a Rocky Helmet causes a lot of contact damage that is also always nice. I went with an Impish nature and almost max HP and high invested Defense with some Speed to outspeed certain threats. Stealth Rock is for entry hazards, Earthquake is for STAB, Dragon Tail is for the aforementioned residual damage stacking, and Fire Blast is for coverage against threats like Ferrothorn.

Klefki @ Sitrus Berry
Prankster
252 HP/252 SpD/4 Def
Careful
-Spikes
-Thunder Wave
-Play Rough
-Magnet Rise

And last but not least, we have Klefki here. I needed a Special wall and I wanted Fairy coverage and a full on status inflicter that is aided by Prankster, and Klefki can also set up Spikes which can really stack with Stealth Rock to provide even more switch in damage. He can also use Magnet Rise to circumvent what would otherwise be a Ground weakness throughout half of the team. Max HP with a Sitrus Berry and Max SpD with a Careful nature is to give him maximum special tanking ability. I also invested a bit of Defense to make Klefki stand up to physical hits a bit as well. Spikes is for the before mentioned hazards, Thunder Wave is for priority paralyze, Play Rough is for STAB and coverage against Dragons and other threats like that, and Magnet Rise is to eliminate his Ground weakness.

Aaaaand that's about all I got for the team members. Trying this team out, I have noticed that I struggle a lot against bulky Water types, such as Suicune for example, as Rotom's Volt Switch just doesn't do the job well enough and it also forces Rotom to switch out. I would appreciate help in that area. Thanks a ton! :D

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hello, here we have an interesting team, but after analyzing how well I noticed the presence of Entei and Mandibuzz is redundant for the team, Entei is a great Wallbreaker, but does not help Metagross to eliminate its main checks as bulky waters, could only help you beat stuff like mega Scizor, jJrachi, but to make this work you have already Tankchomp, also these two pokemon are losing offensive presence useful for eliminating MMetagross checks, and these two also are losing momentum to the team, being slow, and easily controlled; We can find many threats for this team, the most dangerous is Specs Keldeo, that puts a lot of pressure to your build, can put under pressure using rotom-w Secret Sword, which kills it in two shots, but if it uses Scald, you run the risk to make you weaken, making it more and more difficult over the course of the battle to enter with Rotom, another big threat are bulky waters as CM Slowbro, which easily beats Rotom-w, and can beat your whole team, another threat are the Stall Builds , who with their core as mega Sableye + Chansey or Alomomola + Skarmory, or SkarmBliss, make it difficult to your team's victory.

>

This is my first replacement, then TG RD Manaphy is a great Wallbreaker that thanks to the excellent movepool and a great boost move, can be threatening for balance / stall builds, manages to deal with bulky water as CM Bro and Suicune no problems because learns Energy ball, rain dance instead provede care by status, then manaphy can deal with chansey and unaware Clefable in a 1v1, also it plays the role of absorber status, good for absorbing the burn that would go up Metagross, or Garchomp; Manaphy also puts pressure to bulky grounds as Landorus-t, Tankchomp, Hippo that give many problems to Metagross sweep, Manaphy helps Metagross to face Jirachi, Scizor mega, looking for a burn with Scald.

>

Latios gives to the team much more offensive presence, and allows you to have a Keldeo and Volcanion switch, latios is also a good electrics check, having roost, increases your longevity on the field, so you can feel much more long against them and have more opportunities to eliminate them, latios provides support hazard remover, useful against hazard stacking teams, which aim to place the hazards, this change has made you weaker in Bisharp, but it gave you a lot more offensive presence, also don't forget that you have Tankchomp for Bisharp, then this replacement you have benefited a lot; Latios is also a good answer for Manaphy (if not running Ice beam).

Now I think we will have to finalize a few ev spreads and moves, we start from Metagross, I find that ice punch now that you Manaphy and latios is not so much useful, since these are good checks for Landorus, tankchomp and Hippo, then I'd suggest you to use Pursuit> Ice Punch, this move helps definitively the manaphy sweep, trapping Latios, Latias, you can afford not to use Ice Beam on manaphy if you use this move with Gross; after that, I think that given the problems with Specs Volcanion, you can change the ev spread of Rotom-W with this: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe with a Bold nature, this spread allows Rotom-w to outspeed standard Specs Volcanion ,every defensive Landorus and Jolly Azumarill.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Hope i've helped man, gl with the team :toast:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)