1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Megaman Mafia - Game Over!

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by moot, Oct 5, 2009.

1. moot

moot

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa

discussion in #fortissimo

[​IMG]

click for forums

rules, cped from site

1. Decisions by me are infallible, final, and if you argue with them, I will anally plunder you until you have no bowel tension.

2. FUCKING SEND IN ALL OF YOUR PMS TO BOTH DR. LIGHT AND DR. WILY, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU ARE TAKING AN ACTION OR IDLING.
    - If you are unable to send in a pm for any reason, have a teammate notify me, in which case i will allow them to dictate your action for the night.

3. As you can clearly tell from your acceptance PM, you each have an alias from the Lost series. Welcome to the Island. Until Night 0 is over, you will not be able to copy/paste anything that I tell you- including role PMs. After Night 0 you can trade role PMs as many times as you want, to anyone you want, it’s your funeral. You still, however, will not be able to paste, screenshot or forward anything moot, cookie, or their aliases Dr. Light or Dr. Wily tell you over forums, IRC or anywhere else unless explicitly allowed. You are allowed to paste your Role PM, but only from Day 1 onwards. If it comes to our attention that you leak private conversations with us without permission and/or paste your Role PM (this includes even a fake role pm if you bother to make one) while Night 0 is in effect, you will be automatically eliminated from the game and lose regardless of your win condition. Note: of course, you may freely discuss your role - but it is forbidden to paste anything in part or in full from your Role PM before the dawn of Day 1.
    You may not pretend to be a host of the game.

4. The game will alternate between Night and Day, starting with Night 0.
    A Night lasts until all players with an eligible night action have inputted their night action or 48 hours have passed, whichever comes first.
    If you have a night role but you are not using it, it is still important to PM Dr. Light. Simply PM with Night (x) - Idling.
    A Day lasts until a majority of votes is reached for a user plus a 3 hours "grace" period or until 48 hours have passed, whichever comes first.

5. Voting only occurs during the Day in a thread specifically started for this Day.
    Each user is assumed to have one (1) vote. Some users may have a different number of votes or may not be able to vote. Some users may be able to vote in private and/or override a public vote with a private vote.
    In order to vote to lynch USER, you have to post Lynch/Vote USER in bold face.
    Editing posts is not permitted in this forum. For this reason, a change in vote must be in a new post. The latest lynch post will be considered.
    If you wish to vote to not lynch anyone, you have to post No lynch in bold face (this overrides any previous vote). If there is a majority of "no lynch" votes, no lynch will occur.
    If you wish to withdraw your vote, you have to post Withdraw vote in bold face.
    A majority is reached when the only way to overturn the lynch is to change existing votes.
    moot and cookie are the supreme authority as to whether a majority has been reached or not.

6. A user may hold an arbitrary number of items.
    A user may only use a single item at a time but he may give and/or receive an arbitrary number of items.
    Items may be stolen. If a thief targets a user with more than one item, all items held by that user will be given to the thief in question. If a user dies holding an item, it will be given to a random recipient.
    You may only give and receive items during the Night. To give an item, PM Dr. Light with Night (x) - Give ITEM to USER.
    Items given during the Night will be received at the very beginning of the Day and the user may use the item during that Day. Giving an item has a *~mysterious priority~*.

7. There is a category of the forums called "Private". This is where private forums goAnyone is allowed to create a private forum. If you wish to administrate a private forum, PM Dr. Light with Request private forum. In the body of the private message, indicate the name of the private forum, a description, the name of a user group that will be used to control access to the forum and a list of users (including yourself) that you want to be able to administrate the group.

8. The game has been rigged so there are no deaths on Night 0. That way everyone can get to do something.
    As you can see, we took out all timestamps from the forums, as well as features such as "who's online" or the number of views. Group membership is also hidden. We might have overlooked something. If you see anything that you are not supposed to see (timestamps, online status or group membership besides Mafia Player), please contact moot or cookie immediately so that we may correct the problem. If you try to abuse flaws in the system to gain an unfair advantage in the game, or tell anybody else about flaws you find, you will be eliminated and you will lose the game regardless of your win condition. You’ll also probably be banned from future mafia games.

9. If you have more than one night action, send a PM stating Night [x] - Actions Within or similar, with your actions in the body of the PM.

10. moot will assist in providing limited fakeclaim assistance- simply PM him on either of the forums with a role name "Rockman" and an action "Hooker" and he will mootify it into a fake PM.

11. By signing up for this game, you agreed that you play to win according to the game's rules. This means that you will not ruin the game for other people, including the hosts, as a lot of work and planning has gone into it. It also means that I am really, really against any kind of pre-game deal, or relying on any kind of friendship outside the game to help yourself in the game. So if you and your friend are both playing, please don't ruin the whole idea of mafia by making and keeping promises that would hinder you from winning. I'm not going to call out any names here, you know who you are. If you want a game to win with your friends, go play Halo or Neopets or something.
    This also means that you don't get to make your own win condition, such as "I want to do a final flash" or "I want to kill Serenity" (this last one, however, i will commend you for asking). I will be taking plenty of subs. If you lose interest, or if there's some other problem, contact the host. Don't cause unnecessary drama or gameplay issues. If you notice one of your teammates goes inactive, please say so, so I can sub in someone else. If you find you cannot follow this mafia closely enough, please ask to be subbed out instead of just vanishing.

12. If you create a spreadsheet of some kind, please add hooded@hotmail.fr and *snip* to your "able to see list." It'll help during the writeup of the postgame! Also notify the hosts about any other channels, documents, etc you create so that we can have as much info as possible (or in case something goes amiss, you'll have a reference).

13. Have fun!

pool of participants:
    Fishy
    ExplorerAce
    pookar
    cyzir_visheen
    jumpluff
    Mekkah
    GTS
    Mr. 378
    Da Letter El
    Mordock
    Fishin
    dubulous
    Accent
    Bass
    Tyranidos
    Flounder
    Toothache (sorry!!!)
    Team Aether
    moi
    Xyphang
    LMPL
    blue_light
    twash
    Jimbo
    LonelyNess
    Phantasia
    imperfectluck
    mrs. shade
    matty
    porygon3
    macle
    sikh assassin
    knightofthewind
    asim
    raverist
    pyromanic
    mattimeo
    thorns
    gK
    lanterminator
    supermarth64
    askaninjask
    Hipmonlee
    billymills
    Raikage
    Gmax
    Kharozz
    tenken
    kumar
    Earthworm
    MagicMaster87
    Amelia
    CrabNebula (CN)
    thunda
    Annihilator Zero
    Dogfish44
    Kannon
    RB Golbat
    Jedile
    stoobert
    Agape
    cyberzero
    Fangren
    Andenken
    Sidd
    LightWolf
    assassinfred
    umbreon_dan
    tennisace
    Ace Matador
    HD
    IRON_KENYAN
    ReyScarface
    Lesm46
    dak
    asim
    tenken

IF SOMETHING IS FUCKED UP TELL ME SO I CAN FIX IT

Night 0 ends 48 hours from this post (1:30 PST Wednesday)

pms are going out now if you get one you're in if you don't tough shit sorry good luck next time blather blather
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2014 at 7:45 AM
  2. Flounder

Flounder

Digging the alias theme o_o
    Praying I got in!
  3. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

don't be flounder
    don't be flounder

anyway, anyone interested in uniting the village contact me please!
  4. 6A9 Ace Matador

6A9 Ace Matador veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE

Hope i got in, this looks like it shall be a truly excellent mafia!
  5. Mr.378

Mr.378

Game looks nice, Good luck to all.
  6. Kumar

Kumar
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

time to win
    commence operation: pudding
  7. Bass

Bass Brother in arms
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Finally, a mafia game that I can truly call "home", if that makes any sense. I can't wait to see how this progresses!
  8. moot

moot

ok, pms are all sent out now

if you encounter any difficulties of any kind please pm me or cookie

enjoy guys it's been a blast setting up :D
  9. Pidge

Pidge

I'm requesting to be a sub, if you need any (unlikely if I counted right).
  10. Brain

Brain
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

11. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

As always, the temporary URLs are much better.
  12. Dubulous

Dubulous I look just like Buddy Holly.
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

i'm predicting that this will be a truly excellent game.

so it must be true.
  13. twash

twash
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Should be good, thanks for getting it sorted so quickly! :D
  14. Raverist

Raverist

Let's get this shit started.
  15. MagicMaster87

MagicMaster87

Good luck to everybody playing!
  16. imperfectluck

imperfectluck
    is a Past WCoP Winnerwon the 4th Official Smogon Tournament

Hi guys, I'm The Skiver please contact me!!!

[​IMG]
  17. Kharozz

Kharozz

Alright village let's do this! :)
  18. Flounder

Flounder

hey guys I'm really confused and naïve, someone tell me what's going on here
  19. tape

tape i woke up in a new bugatti

First person to ask for roles publicly is LonelyNess.

I called it.
  20. imperfectluck

imperfectluck
    is a Past WCoP Winnerwon the 4th Official Smogon Tournament

nah Phantasia it's me freelancer ipl

claim to meeeeee
  21. shade

shade sweet like sugar
    is a Forum Moderator

dont be foolish phantasia, no-one claims to lonelyness in big mafias
  22. tape

tape i woke up in a new bugatti

Alright, thanks.
  23. Fishy

Fishy

this had me giggling on my way home from school today.

oh and inspector told me lesm is wolf
  24. supermarth64

supermarth64 Here I stand in the light of day
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Alright guys, I'm recruiting freelancers today, PM me if you wanna get recruited.
  25. Outlaw

Outlaw

Unh!~ I'm ready to fire my Love Buster.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)