Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright, i will try

Mega Fearow
Typing: Normal/Flying, stays the same
Ability: Keen Eye/Sniper => Sharp Beak (Infiltrator, but also ignores Defense boosts)

HP: 65, stays the same
Atk : 90 => 125
Def : 65 => 85
SpAtk : 61, stays the same
SpDef : 61 => 71
Spe : 90 => 125

Additional moves: Brave Bird, Acrobatics, Hone Claws, Aerial Ace

Art Concept: It would grow a second head, become darker in tone, get larger wings and it's crest would become spiky.

Competitive: Would probably not be used in OU but maybe UU. Would have a niche against subs and boosting walls.
Mega Nidoqueen

Mega Dugtrio

Mega Poliwrath
Please read the ENTIRE OP

It was a preliminary post. Besides, Fearow already gets aerial ace :p. But I have posted all the others.

edit : How do you put these spoilers on anyways ? Is it "spoiler" between brackets ? i don't see the command in the edit post.

It was a preliminary post. Besides, Fearow already gets aerial ace :p. But I have posted all the others.

edit : How do you put these spoilers on anyways ? Is it "spoiler" between brackets ? i don't see the command in the edit post.
It's (without the spaces) [ hide=Title of Section ] in the beginning, and end with [ /hide ]

In any case, the biggest issue is the HP to Dugtrio. It has no precedence, and in practice doesn't work either, given it's an in-battle change to a volatile stat. Also, my line-of-sight math might be off, but looks like you added more than 100. Finally, our goal is to make these pokemon viable in OU.

Your enthusiasm is appreciated, but again, reading the whole OP would hone that enthusiasm into better submissions.

Poliwrath
Type: Water/Fighting -> Water/Fighting
Abilities: Water Absorb/Damp/Swift Swim -> No Guard
New Moves: N/A
HP: 90 -> 90
Atk: 95 -> 125 (+30)
Def: 95 -> 120 (+25)
SpA: 70 -> 80 (+10)
SpD: 90 -> 115 (+25)
Spe: 70 -> 80 (+10)
BST: 510 -> 610

The ability is inspired by Chuck in Gold/Silver using Poliwrath as his sparring partner. STAB Dynamic Punch and Hypnosis are the main sells. With all that disruption, Mega Poliwrath can find time to set up a Sub and start Circle Throwing everything around, or it can use moves like Blizzard and Hydro Pump to get past physical walls.

This is probably the only one I'll do this slate since the others look to have some good submissions already. Thanks for being the new vote collector, nightsitter!

Last edited:
Poliwrath
Spe: 70 -> 85 (+10)

The ability is inspired by Chuck in Gold/Silver using Poliwrath as his sparring partner. STAB Dynamic Punch and Hypnosis are the main sells. With all that disruption, Mega Poliwrath can find time to set up a Sub and start Circle Throwing everything around, or it can use moves like Blizzard and Hydro Pump to get past physical walls.

This is probably the only one I'll do this slate since the others look to have some good submissions already. Thanks for being the new vote collector, nightsitter!
70+10=/=85

It's a shame there's so many No Guard Dynamic Punch users these days, because the niche feels tired at this point, even though Poliwrath is the perfect user of it, between its ability to go mixed, Hypnosis, and Dynamic Punch.

Type: Normal/Flying -> Normal/Flying
Ability: Keen Eye/Sniper-> Inversion (Think Inverse meta rules, but doesn't change the Pokemon's immunities.)
New Moves: Sword's Dance, Extremespeed, Stone Edge

HP: 65 -> 65
Atk: 90 -> 135 (+45)
Def: 65 -> 90 (+30)
SpA: 61 -> 61
SpD: 61 -> 81 (+25)
Spe: 100 -> 110 (+10)

Concept: Fearow may not seem like much here... except for the fact that it's now resistant to ice, electric and rock, and immune to ground and ghost, trading out for weaknesses to bug and grass... what a deal! Any bug or grass type will not want to eat a Drill Peck. There's little else to say except the lack of Brave Bird can be a huge disadvantage, but SD and ES could make it work.

Typing: Ground => Ground/Fairy
Ability: Sand Veil/Arena Trap => Arena Trap
New Moves: Play Rough

HP: 35
Atk : 80 > 120 (+40)
Def: 50 > 80 (+30)
SpA: 50
SpD: 70 > 90 (+20)
Spe: 120 > 130 (+10)

Concept: So... it's fun to trap electric types... it'd be even more fun to trap dragons. With new Play Rough and improved survival...

+1 252 Atk Dugtrio Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 434-512 (121.5 - 143.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Granted, you need to hope he's a locked into his STAB or you're a dead mofo. Fairy's flavor status is questionable, but the revenge against dragons that cannot fly is here... sorta, there might be some problems. Namely the same 35 HP stat. I woulda taken normal, but ghosts can't be trapped any more.

70+10=/=85

It's a shame there's so many No Guard Dynamic Punch users these days, because the niche feels tired at this point, even though Poliwrath is the perfect user of it, between its ability to go mixed, Hypnosis, and Dynamic Punch.
Only Golurk and Hypno have it. Poliwrath's the only STAB user.

Well, I think you guys are forgetting something huge. Fearow isn't Flying/Normal, it is Normal/Flying. Already about half of the submissions for Fearow are invalid D: I based that statement on JayHankEdLyon's post during the Dragalge slate.

Typing: Normal/Flying (same)
Abilities: Keen Eye (Sniper) -> Hostility (Gives dark type moves a 50% boost when used by this pokemon, basically giving it a STAB bonus)
Movepool Additions: Brave Bird, Foul Play, Night Slash

Atk: 90 -> 130 (+40)
Def: 65 -> 75 (+10)
SpD: 61 -> 61
Spe: 100 -> 150 (+50)

Concept: After mega evolving, its beak sharpens into a blade, its eyes turn from white with a black center to a glowing crimson. It also changes from brown to black. The tufts of fur on its chest harden, becoming a spiky chest plate.

Uh, I couldn't change normal to Dark type, so instead I gave it an ability that made Dark type moves STAB, basically. It is cunning and has fear in its name (I decided it would be more as fear me than as Fearow lives in fear), so that basically makes it a dark type (yes, I know this logic is unsound, but whatever.) Brave bird because there is no reason it shouldn't get it, foul play because it is cunning, and night slash because its beak is very sharp. +40 attack, as otherwise it would have extremely low attack and wouldn't be able to come anywhere close to the power of other megas. +50 speed to make up for its low defenses, and to make it a semi good sweeper. +10 defense because of the hardened tufts.

Typing: Poison/Ground (same)
Abilities: Poison Point/Rivalry (Sheer Force) -> Serene Grace (gg meta, we have serene grace poison sting)
Movepool Additions: Slack Off, Acid Spray, Play Rough

Atk: 92 -> 102 (+15)
Def: 87 -> 127 (+40)
SpA: 75 -> 75
SpD: 85 -> 120 (+35)
Spe: 76 -> 76 (+10)

I gave it pretty much the same stats as mega Nidoking. +40 def where King got +40 attk, +35 SpD while King got +35 SpA, +10 speed, same as King, and +15 attack instead of King's +15 SpD. Slack off for reliable recovery, Acid spray because it is one of the few special poison type moves it doesn't learn, and it has the bonus effect of lowering the opponent's SpD; counterpart of King's Gunk Shot, and Play rough for a nice and powerful coverage move; counterpart of King's Moonblast. Serene Grace as the counterpart to Sheer Force, as it doubles the effect chance instead of nullifying it.

Typing: Ground -> Ground/Dark
Abilities: Sand Veil/Arena Trap -> Overwhelm (Look in OP for description)
Movepool Additions: Quick Attack, Shadow Sneak

HP: 35 -> 35
Atk : 80 -> 140 (+60)
Def: 50 -> 80 (+30)
SpA: 50 -> 50
SpD: 70 -> 70
Spe: 120 -> 130 (+10)

Well, uh... This one has a pretty obvious job. Force switches, while its pre mega forces things to stay in. Then, it gets STAB Sucker Punch in case the opponent doesn't switch, as well as a plethora of other moves, all run off of a 140 attack. It is immune to two types, has an ok defense and SpD, high speed and attack, and low SpA and HP. Quick attack because it can move at 60mph, and for some reason didn't get it. Shadow sneak for yet another priority move. In other words, this thing is priority galore and can deal a lot of damage, as well as having a tool in forcing switches against stalling pokemon.

Typing: Water/Fighting (same)
Abilities: Damp/Water Absorb (Swift Swim) -> Iron Fist
Movepool Additions: Drain Punch, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch

Atk: 95 -> 135 (+40)
Def: 95 -> 90 (-5)
SpA: 70 -> 70
SpD: 90 -> 90
Spe: 70 -> 135 (+65)

Meet bulkier, harder hitting infernape with a different typing. 135 attack with a boosting ability and amazing coverage. Drain Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Focus Punch, Mega Punch, Power Up Punch, and Dynamic Punch are all moves that Poliwrath learns that are boosted by Iron Fist. It has high speed, a good 90/90/90 bulk, and high attack. SpA is low and special sets should be avoided at all costs. If you think this is too stronk (which I don't think it is), keep in mind that I could've made it 90/205/95/70/90/60 with huge power and aqua jet + espeed ;3

Last edited:
I think it's generally accepted that Normal/Flying is an exception to that. There are quite a few examples like Swablu -> Altaria and Fletchling -> Fletchinder where a Normal/Flying type drops its Normal typing. Wasn't he the first one to submit a Ground/Flying Fearow?

Last edited:
Abilities: Damp/Water Absorb (Swift Swim) -> Brute Force

Atk: 95 -> 130 (+35)
Def: 95 -> 110 (+15)
SpD: 90 -> 100 (+10)
Spe: 70 -> 110 (+40)
New Movess: Ice Shard, Thunder, Drain Punch

That special movepool is vast but worthless... use Brute Force with a combo of Belly Drum Vacuum Wave, Aqua Jet and Ice Shard. Things will die... they will die fast unless the enemy is faster or really durable.

+6 252+ SpA Poliwrath Scald vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Blissey: 367-433 (56.2 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery. Not too shabby for some Belly work.

Posting these because they needed more submissions
Type: Poison/Ground -> Poison/Ground
Ability: Poison Point/Rivalry/Sheer Force -> Competitive
New Moves: None

Atk: 92 -> 92
Def: 87 -> 87
SpA: 75 -> 140 (+65)
SpD: 85 -> 100 (+15)
Spe: 76 -> 96 (+20)

Flavor Concept: Competitive is justified purely based on Nidoqueen's access to Rivalry

Competitive Concept: Anti-stall wallbreaker. Nidoqueen's convenient typing provides it with immunities to Toxic and TWave, and it also cares very little about burns. Phenomenal coverage allows it to decimate stall's most popular team members such as Ferrothorn, Slowbro, and Landorus-T. All it needs is a boost from Defog; Rock Polish is necessary to be effective against offense.
Type: Ground -> Ground/Fighting
Ability: Arena Trap -> Surprise Attack (On this Pokémon's first turn out, its attack does 1.5x damage. This includes the turn it mega evolves and the first turn it can attack after it switches in.)

Atk: 80 -> 120 (+40)
Def: 50 -> 60 (+10)
SpA: 50 -> 80 (+30)
Spe: 120 -> 140 (+20)

Flavor Concept: It has giant arms underground, with which it catches the opponent off guard to deal extra damage.

Competitive Concept: Trap and quickly attack before switching out! This hit and run attacker is extremely frail, but can remove difficult Pokemon with its two useful abilities. After its trap/attack turn, Mega Dugtrio should be used to punch holes in switch-ins.

Deathly ♛The King, I love the idea of Serene Grace Nidoqueen, but can't vote for her when she has Slack Off; it makes standard Nidoqueen pretty great given her bulk, resistances, movepool, and Sheer Force Life Orb's strength. Also, its speed math is a bit off. Take away Slack Off and you'll totally have my support.

Also, Acid Spray doesn't really fit with Nidoqueen, as it doesn't learn any Acid moves and its poison is based on barbs, not acid, but I can even let that go as long as Slack Off goes away.

Last edited:
Deathly ♛The King, I love the idea of Serene Grace Nidoqueen, but can't vote for her when she has Slack Off; it makes standard Nidoqueen pretty great given her bulk, typing (resists EdgeQuake and Fighting all at once), and Sheer Force Life Orb's strength. Also, its speed math is a bit off. Take away Slack Off and you'll totally have my support.

Also, Acid Spray doesn't really fit with Nidoqueen, as it doesn't learn any Acid moves and its poison is based on barbs, not acid, but I can even let that go as long as Slack Off goes away.
Nidoqueen is weak to earthquake.

Oh look. It's what we may call the slate. PM your votes to nightsitter

Current Slate

Mega Fearow
Type: Normal/Flying -> Ground/Flying
Ability: Keen Eye/Sniper-> Raider (uses Pluck on Mega Evolve or switch-in)
New Moves: Brave Bird (poor Fearow doesn't even get Brave Bird!)

Atk: 90 -> 115 (+25)
Def: 65 -> 85 (+20)
SpA: 61 -> 61 (+0)
Spe: 100 -> 135 (+35)

Flavor Concept: Fearow's weird chicken comb becomes a spiky crest, and its beak sharpens. Also let's give it a bandolier with some machine guns and an eyepatch and, like, a cigarette in its beak. Don't fuck with Fearow is the vibe I'm going for.

Competitive Concept: Fearow's a nasty ole cuss, but a terribly weak one. There's really no feasible stat solution to its pitiful BST, so it needs some serious help from typing and ability.

For typing, I decided to give Fearow STAB on Drill Run, a handy Electric immunity, and a fun Rock neutrality with Ground. It certainly looks like a vulture mixed with a chicken, and both feed from the ground, so its flavor isn't entirely out of nowhere. Not entirely. Shut up, it's useful as hell.

The real gem is Mega Fearow's new ability, which not only gives it a wonderful free 90 BP (including STAB) Flying-type attack every time it appears, but eats up the odd berry an opposing mon might have just for fun. Add its 115 attack, 135 speed, and slightly more respectable bulk (but let's not kid ourselves), as well as Brave Bird and Drill Run for excellent dual STAB and U-turn to pivot (and thus another opportunity to switch-in/Pluck), and Mega Fearow might, wow, actually be used by somebody.

Mega Fearow
Typing: Normal/Flying, stays the same
Ability: Keen Eye/Sniper => Sharp Beak (like Infiltrator, but also ignores Defense boosts)

HP: 65, stays the same
Atk : 90 => 125
Def : 65 => 85
SpAtk : 61, stays the same
SpDef : 61 => 71
Spe : 90 => 125

Additional moves: Brave Bird, Acrobatics, Hone Claws

Art Concept: It would grow a second head, become darker in tone, get larger wings and it's crest would become spiky.

Competitive: Would probably not be used in OU but maybe UU. Would have a niche against subs and boosting walls.

Fearow (Fearowite)
Type: Norma/Flying -> Ground/Flying
Abilities: Keen Eye (Sniper) -> Intimidate
New Moves: Brave Bird, Glare

Atk: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Def: 65 -> 85 (+20)
SpD: 61 -> 91 (+30)
Spe: 100 -> 130 (+30)
BST: 442 -> 542

Fearow lives in rough terrain, sharing its territory with many Ground types. It also feeds primarily on the ground with its long beak, making it a fitting Ground type.

This new typing grants it STAB Drill Run, an Electric immunity, Rock neutrality, and Fighting resistance. Its new ability, Intimidate, is another way for it to improve its bulk. With moves like Defog, Roost, and Whirlwind that are standard for Flying types, it has its use.

Mega Fearow
Type: Normal/Flying -> Normal/Flying
Ability: Keen Eye/Sniper-> Inversion (Think Inverse meta rules, but doesn't change the Pokemon's immunities.)
New Moves: Sword's Dance, Extremespeed, Stone Edge

Atk: 90 -> 135 (+45)
Def: 65 -> 90 (+30)
Spe: 100 -> 110 (+10)

Concept: Fearow may not seem like much here... except for the fact that it's now resistant to ice, electric and rock, and immune to ground and ghost, trading out for weaknesses to bug and grass... what a deal! Any bug or grass type will not want to eat a Drill Peck. There's little else to say except the lack of Brave Bird can be a huge disadvantage, but SD and ES could make it work.

Typing: Normal/Flying (same)
Abilities: Keen Eye (Sniper) -> Hostility (Gives dark type moves a 50% boost when used by this pokemon, basically giving it a STAB bonus)
Movepool Additions: Brave Bird, Foul Play, Night Slash

Atk: 90 -> 130 (+40)
Def: 65 -> 75 (+10)
SpD: 61 -> 61
Spe: 100 -> 150 (+50)

Concept: After mega evolving, its beak sharpens into a blade, its eyes turn from white with a black center to a glowing crimson. It also changes from brown to black. The tufts of fur on its chest harden, becoming a spiky chest plate.

Uh, I couldn't change normal to Dark type, so instead I gave it an ability that made Dark type moves STAB, basically. It is cunning and has fear in its name (I decided it would be more as fear me than as Fearow lives in fear), so that basically makes it a dark type (yes, I know this logic is unsound, but whatever.) Brave bird because there is no reason it shouldn't get it, foul play because it is cunning, and night slash because its beak is very sharp. +40 attack, as otherwise it would have extremely low attack and wouldn't be able to come anywhere close to the power of other megas. +50 speed to make up for its low defenses, and to make it a semi good sweeper. +10 defense because of the hardened tufts.

Mega Nidoqueen
Ability: Poison Point/Rivalry/Sheer Force -> Shield Dust (if we don't like its mothy flavor then a clone ability, but that seems like a waste of coding time)
New Moves: Does the Nido family really need more moves?

Atk: 92 -> 102 (+10)
SpA: 75 -> 85 (+10)
SpD: 85 -> 125 (+40)
Spe: 76 -> 76 (+0)

Flavor Concept: More armor, more spikes, more muscles, more Nidoqueen all around.

Competitive Concept: Very simple changes, but to great effect. The stat boosts for Nidoqueen are obvious enough, with a little added to her offense and a ton to her defense. But the real kicker here is Shield Dust, which renders our fair Queen immune to additional effects like Scald's burn chance or Crunch's defense drop chance. This isn't just a great ability, particularly on a tanky pokemon that's already immune to poison and Thunder Wave, but it makes for wonderful flavor when pairing her with Mega Nidoking, who retained Sheer Force as an ability; with Sheer Force, Nidoking can't produce additional effects, and with Shield Dust, Nidoqueen can't be hit by them, fitting their offense/defense duality to a T.

Mega Nidoqueen
Typing: Poison/Ground, stays the same
Ability: Poison Point/Rivalry => Sheer Force (same old nido standby)

HP: 90, stays the same
Atk: 82 => 103
Def: 87 => 114
SpA: 75 => 90
SpD: 85 => 108
Spe : 76 => 90

Appearance : A more "armored" appearance, maybe two blue colors. It would also grow a longer horn and more and longer spine spikes. I'm not too sure how I see MegaNidoqueen TBH.

Metagame use: Can be used as special scarfed revenge killer like Nidoking but I see it more as either a physical revenge killer, or an actual tank. It has decent defenses, resists Fighting, Rock and Electric and can counter frail threats with 103 attack and most especially Sheer Force and a LO/Choice Scarf/Choice Band.

Additional moves: Wild Charge, Flame Charge, Gunk Shot

Nidoqueen (Nidoqueenite)
Type: Poison/Ground -> Posion/Ground
Abilities: Poison Point, Rivalry (Sheer Force) -> Thick Fat
New Moves: Slack Off, Play Rough

Atk: 92 -> 112 (+20)
Def: 87 -> 117 (+30)
SpD: 85 -> 125 (+40)
Spe: 76 -> 86 (+10)
BST: 505 -> 605

Nidoqueen is the bulkier counterpart of Nidoking, and its Mega emphasizes that. Thick Fat should be familiar as the ability that makes Mega Venusaur so difficult to take down. It's the same case here, as Nidoqueen loses a weakness and gains a resistance all at once. Reliable recovery seals the deal.

Mega Nidoqueen

Typing: Poison/Ground (same)
Abilities: Poison Point/Rivalry (Sheer Force) -> Serene Grace (gg meta, we have serene grace poison sting)
Movepool Additions: Slack Off, Acid Spray, Play Rough

Atk: 92 -> 102 (+15)
SpD: 85 -> 120 (+35)
Spe: 76 -> 76 (+10)

I gave it pretty much the same stats as mega Nidoking. +40 def where King got +40 attk, +35 SpD while King got +35 SpA, +10 speed, same as King, and +15 attack instead of King's +15 SpD. Slack off for reliable recovery, Acid spray because it is one of the few special poison type moves it doesn't learn, and it has the bonus effect of lowering the opponent's SpD; counterpart of King's Gunk Shot, and Play rough for a nice and powerful coverage move; counterpart of King's Moonblast. Serene Grace as the counterpart to Sheer Force, as it doubles the effect chance instead of nullifying it.

Mega Poliwrath
Ability: Poison Point/Rivalry/Sheer Force -> Competitive

Atk: 92 -> 92
Def: 87 -> 87
SpA: 75 -> 140 (+65)
SpD: 85 -> 100 (+15)
Spe: 76 -> 96 (+20)

Flavor Concept: Competitive is justified purely based on Nidoqueen's access to Rivalry

Competitive Concept: Anti-stall wallbreaker. Nidoqueen's convenient typing provides it with immunities to Toxic and TWave, and it also cares very little about burns. Phenomenal coverage allows it to decimate stall's most popular team members such as Ferrothorn, Slowbro, and Landorus-T. All it needs is a boost from Defog; Rock Polish is necessary to be effective against offense.

Mega Dugtrio
Type: Ground -> Ground/Dark
Ability: Sand Veil/Arena Trap/Sand Force -> Arena Trap
New Moves: U-Turn

Atk: 80 -> 130 (+50)
Def: 50 -> 70 (+20)
SpA: 50 -> 50 (+0)
SpD: 70 -> 70 (+0)
Spe: 120 -> 150 (+30)

Flavor Concept: Dugtrio's claws come out of the ground.

Competitive Concept: Dugtrio's role revolves around the revenge kill, and its Mega simply makes that more viable in this meta, and OU in general. A massive attack spike and a boost to its already-great speed tightens its grip on the foe, and a new secondary Dark typing gives it much-appreciated STAB on Sucker Punch to outspeed even priority users (flavor-wise, Dugtrio is a wicked trapper whose full body is shrouded in mystery, and it notably learns both Night Slash and Sucker Punch on level-up already).

That's pretty much all Dugtrio can do, though, as that 35 HP won't let it do anything else. Bulk is improved a little bit, but Ground/Dark typing with 35/70/70 defenses struggles to survive against the likes of Igglybuff. And even if it traps the perfect opponent, a choice-locked mon stuck on an Electric or Psychic move, Dugtrio's best boosting move is Hone Claws, which is far too gimmicky for any other scenario.

So no, nothing fancy. Dugtrio traps foes, hits hard and fast, and flees, and to solidify this role I've given it U-Turn to help it slink away. While I had my worries that U-Turn would improve standard Dugtrio too much, as it can carry a Choice Band for more power, it would still struggle to perform in this faster, buffer meta; more importantly, U-Turn's utility only matters after the avenging strike, and Dugtrio's opportunities to use it are limited if it's choice-locked.

Typing: Ground => Ground/Dark

HP: 35, unchanged
Atk : 80 => 120
Def: 50 => 70
SpA: 50 => 60
SpD: 70 (unchanged)
Spe: 120 => 150

Appearance: Gets it's claws out of the ground, and 3 additional Digletts join. (Considering Dugtrio IS three Digletts by fluff)

Additional Moves : Beat Up, Land's Wrath, Assist

Metagame use : Niche revenge killer in OU, now gets STAB on Pursuit. Also can sweep frail pokés. More fitted to UU tbh.

Mega Dugtrio
Typing: Ground => Ground/Fairy
New Moves: Play Rough

HP: 35
Atk : 80 > 120 (+40)
Def: 50 > 80 (+30)
SpA: 50
SpD: 70 > 90 (+20)
Spe: 120 > 130 (+10)

Concept: So... it's fun to trap electric types... it'd be even more fun to trap dragons. With new Play Rough and improved survival...

+1 252 Atk Dugtrio Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 434-512 (121.5 - 143.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Granted, you need to hope he's a locked into his STAB or you're a dead mofo. Fairy's flavor status is questionable, but the revenge against dragons that cannot fly is here... sorta, there might be some problems. Namely the same 35 HP stat. I woulda taken normal, but ghosts can't be trapped any more.

Mega Dugtrio
Typing: Ground -> Ground/Dark
Abilities: Sand Veil/Arena Trap -> Overwhelm (Look in OP for description)
Movepool Additions: Quick Attack, Shadow Sneak

Atk : 80 -> 140 (+60)
Def: 50 -> 80 (+30)
SpA: 50 -> 50
Spe: 120 -> 130 (+10)

Well, uh... This one has a pretty obvious job. Force switches, while its pre mega forces things to stay in. Then, it gets STAB Sucker Punch in case the opponent doesn't switch, as well as a plethora of other moves, all run off of a 140 attack. It is immune to two types, has an ok defense and SpD, high speed and attack, and low SpA and HP. Quick attack because it can move at 60mph, and for some reason didn't get it. Shadow sneak for yet another priority move. In other words, this thing is priority galore and can deal a lot of damage, as well as having a tool in forcing switches against stalling pokemon.

Mega Dugtrio
Type: Ground -> Ground/Fighting
Ability: Arena Trap -> Surprise Attack (On this Pokémon's first turn out, its attack does 1.5x damage. This includes the turn it mega evolves and the first turn it can attack after it switches in.)

Atk: 80 -> 120 (+40)
Def: 50 -> 60 (+10)
SpA: 50 -> 80 (+30)
Spe: 120 -> 140 (+20)

Flavor Concept: It has giant arms underground, with which it catches the opponent off guard to deal extra damage.

Competitive Concept: Trap and quickly attack before switching out! This hit and run attacker is extremely frail, but can remove difficult Pokemon with its two useful abilities. After its trap/attack turn, Mega Dugtrio should be used to punch holes in switch-ins.

Mega Poliwrath
Ability: Damp/Water Absorb/Swift Swim -> Sap Sipper
New Moves: Drain Punch

Def: 95 -> 125 (+30)
SpA: 70 -> 100 (+30)
SpD: 90 -> 120 (+30)
Spe: 70 -> 50 (-20)

Flavor Concept: Poliwrath hits the weights and goes the Mega Swampert route of crazy new bulk.

Competitive Concept: First off, it's a crime that Poliwrath, one of the first bulky fighting types out there, doesn't get Drain Punch. Let's nip that shit in the bud right there.

Second, Poliwrath is one of those jack of all stats, master of none mons, so I've given it simple +30 to each of its stats except Speed, which is nerfed. This makes it sit pretty at 90/125/120 bulk, and great mixed 125/100 attack stats. While it can run all-physical, with Drain Punch, Waterfall, and whatever coverage or utility you want (Substitute, Bulk Up, Encore, the tadpole's got some range), it can also run mixed to use that sweet, sweet Scald. A pure defensive investment with Scald and Circle Throw also works behind Poliwrath's new defenses. Either way, Poli can afford to run a speed-lowering nature to keep its mixed movepool hitting hard.

Sap Sipper not only rids Poliwrath of a weakness, but boosts its attack even further; moreover, it's rendered immune to many powder moves and Leech Seed. Water Absorb still allows for some great switch-ins pre-mega, but a grass immunity that boosts attack is just perfect for Poli, leaving it weak only to Electric, Fairy, Flying, and Psychic; if that sounds like a lot, bear in mind it ignores Grass and resists Fire, Water, Ice, Rock, Bug, Dark, and Steel. Scizor? Heatran? Tyranitar? Just a few of the mons walled by this monster. Water/Fighting is terrific defensive typing, and Mega Poliwrath uses it to its fullest.

Mega Poliwrath
Typing: Water/Fighting (doesn't change)
Ability: Water Absorb/Damp => Water Sprint (when struck by a water attack, Speed increases by 1. Immune to water attacks)

HP: 90 (doesn't change)
Atk: 85 => 115
Def: 95 => 120
SpA: 70 => 90
SpD: 95 => 120
Spe: 70 (doesn't change)

Appearance: It gets bulkier and more muscular, also gets more defined fingers and toes, as well as webbed fingers/toes (since it is a good swimmer).

Metagame: It's a tank. It has very nice bulk, excellent offensive STAB, decent attack and no glaring weaknesses. It can switch on Rock or Ice or Fire moves for a resist or Water moves for a free +1 speed boost. I expect this one to be seen in OU.

Additional moves: Close Combat, Ice Punch, Mach Punch

Poliwrath (Poliwrathite)
Abilities: Water Abosrb, Damp (Swift Swim) -> Technician
New Moves: Storm Throw, Mach Punch, Aqua Jet
Atk: 95 -> 115 (+20)
Def: 95 -> 125 (+30)
SpD: 90 -> 125 (+35)
Spe: 70 -> 85 (+15)

Poliwrath has a unique typing and the rare Belly Drum. Unfortunately, it lacks the tools to use it effectively and is built bulky but without recovery.

Thanks to Technician, it has powerful STAB priority as well as coverage options in Thief and Rock Tomb, both turned in to usable 90 BP attacks. Meanwhile, 85 base speed allow it to outspeed walls and bulky attackers to hit them harder without priority.

+6 252+ Atk Technician Poliwrath Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 394-465 (97.5 - 115%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 318-375 (78.7 - 92.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Poliwrath
Spe: 70 -> 80 (+10)

Abilities: Damp/Water Absorb (Swift Swim) -> Iron Fist
Movepool Additions: Drain Punch, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch

Atk: 95 -> 135 (+40)
Def: 95 -> 90 (-5)
SpD: 90 -> 90
Spe: 70 -> 135 (+65)

Meet bulkier, harder hitting infernape with a different typing. 135 attack with a boosting ability and amazing coverage. Drain Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Focus Punch, Mega Punch, Power Up Punch, and Dynamic Punch are all moves that Poliwrath learns that are boosted by Iron Fist. It has high speed, a good 90/90/90 bulk, and high attack. SpA is low and special sets should be avoided at all costs. If you think this is too stronk (which I don't think it is), keep in mind that I could've made it 90/205/95/70/90/60 with huge power and aqua jet + espeed ;3

Mega Poliwrath
Abilities: Damp/Water Absorb (Swift Swim) -> Brute Force

Atk: 95 -> 130 (+35)
Def: 95 -> 110 (+15)
SpD: 90 -> 100 (+10)
Spe: 70 -> 110 (+40)
New Movess: Ice Shard, Thunder, Drain Punch

That special movepool is vast but worthless... use Brute Force with a combo of Belly Drum Vacuum Wave, Aqua Jet and Ice Shard. Things will die... they will die fast unless the enemy is faster or really durable.

+6 252+ SpA Poliwrath Scald vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Blissey: 367-433 (56.2 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery. Not too shabby for some Belly work.

If we are going in order, then the next slate should probably be Machamp, Kingler, Exeggutor, and Zapdos, based on the spreadsheet (unless I missed something).

Edit: 200 Pages! :)

Last edited:
Sooo... Mega Gallade, Camrupt, and Sharpedo have been revealed. I can still hope for a real Mega Dusknoir.

When we can figure out the stats of Mega Gallade (probably won't occur until like early December at the latest), we will FINALLY be able to tell how the stats of branched evolutions will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)