Megas For All: V4! (Voting - Lickilicky, Togekiss, Dusknoir)

Would you guys be interested if I had MFA include Gen 8 mons when it comes out?

• Total voters
First off allow me to reintroduce myself, I'm Acestriker19, some of you may remember me for starting this thread about 2 years ago. I'm pleased to say that I'm back from my long (and unexpected) haitus from Smogon and will be helping out on the Megas for All council.

So without further ado The winners of this rounds Megas are

Mega Wigglytuff
Type:
Stats-
HP
: 140
Atk: 70 -> 130 (+60)
Def: 45 -> 65 (+20)
SpAtk: 85 -> 100 (+15)
SpDef: 50 -> 65 (+15)
Speed: 45 -> 35 (-10)
Ability: Sheer Force
Move Additions: Close Combat, Moonblast
Description: Wigglytuff. Oh, Wigglytuff. It's been outclassed by Clefable for it's whole life. It's always had worse abilities, and worse stats, and now Clefable sits on top of OU. Well, WIGGLYTUFF HAS FINALLY HAD ENOUGH. For you see, Wigglytuff has gotten a lot angrier and has been emphasizing the "tuff" part of its name. It's still cute and all, but don't let that fool you. Seething with anger, it now sports a huge Attack stat and a pretty good Special Attack stat, combined with some decent bulk (let Hariyama be the first to tell you that 140/65/65 bulk is actually good). This anger weighs it down a little, however, so it's slower. This anger is transformed into to power thanks to Sheer Force, boosting moves like Play Rough, Body Slam, and Fire Punch. With this comes new moves in Close Combat, because it's THAT angry, and Moonblast as a nice STAB Fairy move that's also boosted by Sheer Force.

Mega Delcatty

Typing: Normal ----> Normal/Ghost

Stats:

HP: 70 ----> 70
Attack: 65 ----> 65
Defense: 65 ----> 75 (+10)
Special Attack: 55 ----> 90 (+35)
Special Defense: 55 ----> 70 (+15)
Speed: 70 ----> 110 (+40)
Base Stat Total: 380 ----> 480

Ability:
Normalize/Cute Charm/Wonder Skin ----> Infiltrator

Movepool Additions:
Destiny Bond, Aura Sphere

Description:
Mega Delcatty got the ability to channel lost spirits and has gotten the Normal/Ghost typing as a result. This makes the Dark type it's only weakness and makes it immune to Normal and Fighting moves! The purple fur now glows and has covered most of it's torso now. This gives it a small boost in defense. As if that wasn't enough, it's now much faster and by using the powers of the spirits it channel, it can launch much stronger magical attacks! Thanks to it's slightly ghostly nature it can infiltrate various place.

Delcatty has surprising coverage, with moves like Blizzard, Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball. It can also attack beyond substitutes and isn't affected by Reflect, so defending yourself from this cat is not particularily easy. Calm Mind allows it to last slightly longer and to do much more damage. With Aura Sphere, it can damage Dark types like Bisharp, but watch out for Sucker Punch.

Unfortunately, Delcatty's base stats are just so bad this has very low chances of getting in OU. I'd see this maybe beign UU at most. 90 Special Attack isn't enough to KO a lot of things, so it needs to use Calm Mind to boost itself. It can try and use Destiny Bond if the battle gets dire for Mega Delcatty, but watch out for status. It's bulk is better but it's still KO'd by some stronger Dark type attackers.

Mega Musharna
Type:
Psychic/Poison
Ability: Levitate
Hp: 116
Attack: 55
Defense: 115 (+30)
Sp. Atk: 140 (+33)
Sp. Def: 140 (+45)
Speed: 21 (-8)
Stat Total: 587 (+100)
New Moves: Sludge Wave, Poison Gas
Description: Something about making gas and floating apparently doesn't define being a floating poison type. Either way, with levitate, Poison is a great defensive typing. Do I need to say anything else about it? Only, I'm surprised I got this concept out first.

The next slate will be posted sometime tomorrow so keep an eye out for it!

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Top Dog

Limitations:

Arcanine has an ability level limitation of 2.5 and gets one new move.

Stoutland has an ability level limitation of 3 and gets one new move.

Mightyena has an ability level limitation of 4 and gets three new moves.

Submissions will last for 5 days, so get your ideas in while you can. Good luck!

Mega Mightyena
Ability: Intimidate ----> Intimidate
Typing: Dark ----> Dark / Ghost

Stats:

Attack: 90 ----> 90
Defense: 70 ----> 120 (+50)
Special Attack: 60 ----> 60
Special Defense: 60 ----> 70 (+10)
Speed: 70 ----> 110 (+40)
Base Stat Total: 420 ----> 520
Movepool Additions: Moonlight, Parting Shot, Will-o-Wisp

Description: Mega Mightyena is going to be outclassed in most everything it does so I felt I had to give it an exclusive move to make it remotely worth picking in OU. Mega Mightyena operates as a one time check to most every physical sweeper in the metagame (excluding Bisharp) and the ability to use Will-o-Wisp to ensure that no set-up Sweeper stays in on Mightyena. Parting Shot allows Mightyena to continue to force switches and gimp mons while not sticking around to take many hits of its own. Dark / Ghost gives it only 1 weakness which allows Mightyena more flexibility on switch in than pure dark typing also a ghost hyena would look sick. The last moveslot was a choice between Moonlight and Healing Wish and it really is a matter of what Archetype, Mega Mightyenas going to fit on. Mega Mightyena is not going to fit on Hyper Offense since Hyper Offense would rather just run a Revenge Killer who can keep up the tempo. Mega Mightyena most likely will run on balanced teams or Stall with a Win Con like Suicune or Clefable, therefore Moonlight seemed like a better option than Healing Wish. Mightyena 100% still has a lot of flaws beginning with the fact that it eats up a mega slot, and the fact that it is about as bulky on specially defensive side as a wet paper bag can get taunted by mons who outrun it and then is screwed and the fact that it has to switch out constantly and take hazard damage every time.

Edit: I adjusted the speed cause it 110 seems like a much better tier and allows Mightyena to invest some more points into defense if it wants

Last edited:
Here we go again.

Mega Arcanine
Ability: Flash Fire / Intimidate / Justified --> Intimidate
Type: Fire --> Fire / Ghost

Stats:

HP: 90
Attack: 110 -> 140 (+30)
Defence: 80 -> 105 (+25)
Special Attack: 100
Special Defence: 80 -> 105 (+25)
Speed: 95 -> 105 (+20)

New Move: Shadow Sneak

Arcanine, the legendary Pokemon that never was, now has a mega evolution, giving it true legendary status. A new type in Fire / Ghost comes around from Arcanine's mega-evovled beauty. It now gets Shadow Sneak, a reliable STAB move in case it can't ESpeed something, and it gains more speed and bulk, as well as a massive boost to its attack.

Pros:
  • Base 140 Attack combined with ExtremeSpeed is pretty terrifying, to say the least. This high attack stat also makes all of its attacks hurt.
  • 90/105/105 bulk is really good, and mega Arcanine can take those hits well.
  • Base 105 Speed is great, and it outspeeds a lot of Pokemon.
  • Has reliable recovery in Morning Sun, which helps it last even longer.
  • Keeps Intimidate, allowing it to cripple physical attackers and generally screw people over.
Cons:
  • Main STAB move is Flare Blitz, and with the damage it'll be doing, mega Arcanine will be killing itself quickly.
  • With a new typing comes new weaknesses, bringing the total up to five.

Mega Stoutland
Type: Normal
Ability: Intimidate / Sand Rush / Scrappy --> Scrappy

New move: ExtremeSpeed

Stats:

HP: 85
Attack: 110 -> 150 (+40)
Defence: 90 -> 109 (+19)
Special Attack: 45
Special Defence: 90 -> 100 (+10)
Speed: 80 -> 111 (+31)

Stoutland was always a loyal pal, protecting its trainer from harm and running around in the sand. But mega Stoutland is different. Keeping Scrappy as its ability, mega Stoutland can hit all types, making nothing safe from its base 150 attack. It has a great 111 speed too.

'Hang on. It gets ExtremeSpeed?!?!?!?!?'

Yes, mindblowed Smogon user, it does get ESpeed. Nothing will stop this doggy now. Not even doggy treats.

Pros:
  • 150 base attack + Scrappy is pretty scary. Nothing wants to take a hit from mega Stoutland.
  • It gets ESpeed. I think that speaks for itself.
  • 111 Speed is fantastic, allowing mega Stoutland to outspeed base 110s.
  • 85/109/100 bulk is not that bad. This mega will take hits well.
Cons:
  • Normal typing kinda sucks defensively. No resistances and one immunity. :/

Mega Mightyena
Type: Dark --> Dark/Fighting
Ability: Intimidate / Moxie / Quick Feet --> Nightiate (Dark Aerilate)

New moves: Quick Attack, Iron Head, Close Combat

Stats:

HP: 70
Attack: 90 -> 120 (+30)
Defence: 70 -> 79 (+9)
Special Attack: 60
Special Defense: 60 -> 90 (+30)
Speed: 70 -> 101 (+31)

Behold Mightyena. That one Pokemon everyone forgets about because it sucks. Mega Mightyena changes this. Not only does it not suck, it makes you actually want to use one. Mega Mightyena is blessed with an ability not present on any other Pokemon: Nightiate. It turns all of this Pokemon's Normal-typed attacks into Dark-type and deals 1.3x damage. With high attack and speed, mega Mightyena will finally make Mightyena good.

#MakeMightyenaGreatAgain

Pros:
  • Awesome ability in Nightiate and Normal moves such as Quick Attack, Return, Facade, and Body Slam (actually, pretty much QAttack and Return; I'm having difficulty finding any good moves on this thing).
  • High attack and speed
  • Now has Iron Head for fairies and Close Combat for Fighting STAB
Cons:
  • So horrifically unbelievably weak to Fairy.
  • Defenses suck. 70/79/90 isn't good.
  • Mightyena has bad stats and a bad(ish) movepool. No matter how I try and improve it, Mightyena will always struggle.

EDIT: I'M FINALLY DONE. That took way too long lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: JES

Mightyena-Mega
Ability: Intimidate/Moxie/Quick Feet ----> Serene Grace
Typing: Dark / Fairy

Stats:

Attack: 90 ----> 110
Defense: 70 ----> 100
Special Defense: 60 ----> 60
Speed: 70 ----> 120
Movepool Additions: Moonlight

Description: With this mega evolution, Mightyena is able to turn itself into a versatile utility attacker with a large variety of tricks up of its sleeve. 110 Atk without a boosting item isn't very powerful, but it isn't the power that makes it, it's Serene Grace. Mightyena's main STAB move in Crunch now has a 40% of lowering the target's Def stat by 1 stage, which can make Mightyena very hard to switch into or stay in on should it get the drop. Alternatively you could forgo a lot of power and opt for Bite and its 60% flinch chance to try hax enemies to death. Secondly, Mightyena gains STAB on the powerful Play Rough, which now has a 20% chance to lower the target's Atk, and has awesome coverage alongside Crunch. This could be particularly useful in conjunction with Intimidate pre mega, and Mightyena's now respectable 70/100 Defence and new typing backed by Moonlight.
Mightyena's coverage moves also boast some fantastic boosts. Iron Tail has a 60% chance to drop the opposition's Defence stat for breaking fairies like nothing. Also the Fang Moves are pretty bloody awesome now, each having a 40% chance to cause Flinch or Burning/Freezing/Paralyzing respectively. 20% Freeze chance in particular sounds rather scary. Also let us not forget that Poison Fang now inflicts Toxic 100% of the time, which could make for a very cool stall breaker set as it bypasses Magic Bounce. Imagine Poison Fang alongside Crunch (Def drops), Taunt and Moonlight as a Stall Breaker. So with Mightyena's newfound Speed and Tools it becomes a very versatile mega, able to act as a Revenge Killer, Utility Attacker, and Stall Breaker. May struggle a little with 4MSS.

Mega Stoutland
Typing:
Normal
Ability: Resistant(Rock Head reworded to fit Stoutland)
Stats:
Hp: 85
Attack: 140 (+30)
Def: 140 (+50)
Sp. Atk: 15 (-30)
Sp. Def: 140 (+50)
Speed: 80
New Move: Flare Blitz
Description: As I would imagine, Mega Stoutland would be getting a lot more fur, displayed in it's defense buff, and a much more aggressive look, which is displayed in it's attack buff. When it comes to terms of ability, I gave it the reworded rock head, resistant, to give it a great use of it's moves like wild charge and it's new move, flare blitz, also, it seemed to make sense how Stoutland's new extra fur would absorb the recoil from these attacks. So, we have ourselves a defensive powerhouse that has many devastating moves, such as wild charge, flare blitz, max happiness return, and play rough, seems interesting to me.

Mega Arcanine
Typing:
Fire/Normal
Ability: Flame Body
Stats:
Hp: 90
Atk: 170 (+60)
Def: 70 (-10)
Sp. Atk: 120 (+20)
Sp. Def: 70 (-10)
Speed: 135 (+40)
New Move: Zen Heabutt
Description: So, we have a bulky hard-hitter for one dog, so how about we a counterpart, a Speedy Hard hitter? So, to make it seem more like Stoutland's counterpart, I lowered it's defenses, and used this to buff Arcanine's speed and attack stats, and also added 20 to special attack, to still make all of those attacks viable. So, when it comes to typing, I gave Arcanine the generic Flame Body ability, but not because I was running out of ideas for such a low amount of abilities to choose from. I gave it this ability more of for the fact that I imaged design-wise, Arcanine would be getting a flame stripe right across it's back, so if a pokemon were to touch that flame stripe, they would get burnt. For typing, I just gave Arcanine the normal typing for two reasons, to make it seem more vulnerable with it's lower defenses, and to also give stab on one of Arcanine's best moves, Extreme Speed. Lastly, for Arcanine's new move, I gave it Zen Headbutt for another two reasons, help make it make good use of it's speed with the flinch hacks, and because heabutting is one of the ways dogs attack, along with biting, scratching, and tackling.

Mega Mightyena
Type:
Dark/Fighting
Ability: Predator's Instinct (Fighting Type Pixilate Clone)
Stats:
Hp: 70
Atk: 130 (+40)
Def: 90 (+20)
Sp. Atk: 100 (+40)
Sp. Def: 40 (-20)
Speed: 90 (+20)
New Moves: Storm Throw, Poison Jab, Outrage
Description: Mightyena has been outclassed by most of the other dogs, especially the other dark-type dog, Houndoom, putting this pokemon far behind in the competitive rankings. So, Mega Mightyena has to do something to make it stand out, but what? So, I decided to add the fighting type, to give it the relevancy it needs. Among all of the Dark/Fighting types, Mega Mightyena outsines all of the pokemon there in three of it's stats, speed, attack, and special attack. So, from Mightyena's lack-luster normal form, it's mega form can now counter it's main weakness, fairy with poison jab, defeat other pokemon of it's type with it's new fighting type, and has another great move, outrage, to cover the only pokemon thought to be safe from any type advantages, dragon. So, Mightyena may not have man fighting type moves, in fact it only now has two, rock smash and circle throw. To make up for this it's new ability, predator's spirit, will allow this pokemon to use powerful moves such as max-happiness return with the ability buff and stab, making many attacks very dangerous. Lastly, I did make this pokemon a mixed attacker for the so it can still atleast make use of it's various special attacks, such as snarl, shadow ball, and incinerate.

Last edited:
First time trying this and I already win! Looks like I'm on a good path. But anyways here's some submissions for this slate.

Mega Arcanine

Typing: Fire ----> Fire

Stats:

HP: 90 ----> 90
Attack: 110 ----> 135 (+25)
Defense: 80 ----> 95 (+15)
Special Attack: 100 ----> 120 (+20)
Special Defense: 80 ----> 95 (+15)
Speed: 90 ----> 115 (+25)
Base Stat Total: 555 ----> 655

Ability:
Flash Fire/Intimidate/Justified ----> White Smoke
Movepool Additions:
Swords Dance

Description: This Arcanine becomes much more dangerous in many aspects. It has improved bulk now, with 90/95/95 bulk. It is much faster and outspeeds most Pokémon. Both of it's offenses are greatly improved, making it able to run both Physical sets and Special sets. It also gains Swords Dance, making it even more dangerous, and with White Smoke, you can't weaken it outside of Thunder Wave.

It is not invincible, however. It can be weakened by entry hazards, notably beign weak to rocks. Most of it's old checks and counters can still deal with it, although checking/countering it has become harder now. It is rather vulnerable to Thunder Wave, notably, and can be Roared out.

In it's anim, it has it's mouth open, letting white smoke come out similar to Mega Charizard X's flames and showing sharp teeth. It's fur is also more smoke-y in general. Visible claws can be seen and it's fur grow longer. The stripes are glowing orange as well.

Mega Stoutland

Typing: Normal ----> Normal

Stats:

HP: 85 ----> 85
Attack: 110 ----> 130 (+20)
Defense: 90 ----> 134 (+44)
Special Attack: 45 ----> 25 (-20)
Special Defense: 90 ----> 134 (+44)
Speed: 80 ----> 92 (+12)
Base Stat Total: 500 ----> 600

Ability:
Scrappy/Intimidate/Sand Rush ----> Appease (Flash Fire clone, except Fighting)
Movepool Additions: Bulk Up

Description: Stoutland just becomes straight up evil when it mega-evolves. With monstruous 85/134/134 bulk, putting a dent in it becomes a tough task. The kicker here, however, is it's ability Appease that makes it immune to it's only weakness, effectively leaving it with no weaknesses. With Work Up and Bulk Up it can easily run offensive sets, because 130 Attack is powerful. It has enough bulk to run a RestTalk set as well. Having Intimidate for one of it's abilities, it can switch in safely on some threats.

Despite beign incredibly hard tough, this big dog still has it's flaws. Many Pokémon in the higher tiers can outspeed it. A Pokémon that is already set up can cause trouble for Stoutland. Things like Rocky Helmet Garchomp and Ferrothorn can also whittle it down since it is forced to run contact moves, and this dog has no defense agaisn't statuses. Gliscor can also cause it trouble if it is able to survive a few hits but it has to be wary of Ice Fang. This, plus the lack of an outright broken ability, prevents it from beign another Mega Kangaskhan, since it actually has a handful of counters.

Bulk Up seems pretty easy to justify especially since it's a bulky dog, and if Gogoat can learn it, it can probably learn it too. None of the buffs are odd; it's easy to imagine a more fluffy dog that looks stronger, yet still rather fast. Appease also makes sense considering it saves people in the mountain and sea and not everyone likes hurting a big, old and calm dog.

I was originally going to give this Slack Off but that would've been outright broken. Even now I'm a bit afraid I might have made it a little too strong.

Last edited:
Guess since the Alola form thread seems to have been abandoned, guess I should try my hand at this instead.

Edit: I'll leave Suncanine hidden here, in case someone prefers that to Mooncanine, but I'd vote for Mooncanine. Bulky attackers are my thing after all. If anyone prefers the Sun version to the Moon version, speak up, and I'll hide Moon instead!

Mega Arcanine (Sun Version)
Ability
: Flash Fire/Intimidate/Justified ----> Fur Coat; stupid rules, okay Pyrophile (Flower Gift clone)
Typing: Fire/Dragon

Stats:

HP: 90 ----> 90; I'm not rocking that boat...yet)
Attack: 110 ----> 80 (-30; gotta raise that Special Attack somehow...while also making Arcanine even bulkier)
Defense: 80 ----> 120 (+40)
Special Attack: 100 ----> 130 (+30)
Special Defense: 80 ----> 120 (+40)
Speed: 95 ----> 120 (+20)
Movepool Additions: Draco Meteor
Description: While one of my versions has the mythical Fairy type, this mystical Arcanine takes on an attribute best ascribed to dragons. Considering that he already gets Dragon Pulse, is known as The Legendary Pokémon, and is thus mythical, and perhaps was even once intended to be a Legendary Pokémon, it seems only natural. Consider this a throwback to the day before the Special/Physical split, back when a Modest nature was considered viable.
He gets a longer neck, tail, and and has thicker fur all around, and a bulkier body. The legs have little winglets, similar to the fins that Vaporeon used to have (but furry) But he also grows a pair of appendages along the side similar to Mega Absol which can best be described as vestigial wings. These wings spout fire when Mega Arcanine attacks, similar to Typhlosion. And while he can't fly, he glides very well, and can effortlessly cross even oceans.
Bonus Strategy:
Use Sunny Day and Mega Evolve on the same turn. Use bulk to withstand attacks, and Morning Sun to heal off damage. Rinse and repeat with Sunny Day. Screw Solar power. I hate a built in Life Orb.
Sample Set:
Flamethrower/Fire Blast
Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
Sunny Day
Solar Beam/HP Ice/Grass

Mega Arcanine (Moon Version)
Ability
: Flash Fire/Intimidate/Justified----> Pixilate
Typing: Fire/Fairy

Stats:

Attack: 110 ----> 110
Special Attack: 100 ----> 70 (-30)
Speed: 95 ----> 145 (+50)
Movepool Additions: Play Rough
Description: The body is now glowing blue due to the super-hot fire flowing through Arcanine's body. This peeks out in the mane, tail, tufts of fur, and when attacking: a pair of fiery wings, similar to Mega Absol and Mega Arcanine Sun, while hot red fire glows from the edges of the stripes. Even the eyes glow intimidatingly red. But most of all, the body is a little bigger and bulkier.
Even though even more aggressive in battle, that loving loyal Growlithe is still in there, even in this battle form. This is the ultimate Physical Arcanine, and a Bug type's worst nightmare in physical form. I cannot find Ice or Grass types for comment.

Pixilate gives Arcanine's ample Normal type arsenal a lot of use. A Fairy type Body Slam for example? Or Return. In order to balance things out, I've decided to lower his attack to 125 (Gardevior's Special Attack stat), and divide that out into the defenses. Whether that will keep him out of Ubers, I don't know. But I didn't want to get rid of this Mega's speed, because part of Aranine's creed is how fast he runs. But being able to strike fast with 165 attack (I wanted to give him as much attack as Mega Gardevior) would be too much. And I get the feeling you folks aren't looking for another Mega Blaziken!
As for why he won't be broken (well, not anymore than Mega Blaziken or Mega Khan!), other than taking a Mega Slot, he might be fast, but I've decided after a bit of soul-searching that it'd be best not to shunt some of his Special Attack into his Attack. He might be able to take hits, but hazards and status conditions will shut him down. Paralysis will be Mega Moon's downfall, while Toxic will make like difficult for him, because it will make using Flare Blitz suicide, while making Morning Sun mandatory to survive the next turn if possible. And lowing his Attack will also shut him down seeing as he has no way of raising it. Indeed, I actually want to take some of the speed I have, and give him 120 or 130 attack, but that would probably make him broken, and would allow him to take down one or two opponents before something like Toxic starts to do it's thing.

Feel free to pick either one. I honestly couldn't support a special Arcanine without giving the already existing physical sets a new niche as well, and I really wanted to try a special set as well, because in order to make Mega Physical Arcanine work best, I had to sacrifice his ability to function in a mixed set.

This is mostly for fun, so it is only natural that I do it this way. Besides, I'm taking a cue from concept artists, and giving more than one choice, since it makes sense to give more than one choice, to see which concept you like more. I look forward to seeing how you guys react to each one, and which one grabs becomes the favorite among them.

Edit: I've changed the ability to Pixilate.

Edit: I might add at least an entry for Mega Mightyena too. I already have a design idea, so I guess that's something.
Double Edit: It's Mega Mightyena time!

Mega Mightyena
Ability
: Intimidate/Moxie/Quick Feet >-----> Serene Grace
Typing: Dark

Stats:

Attack: 90 ----> 160 (+70)
Defense: 70 ----> 70
Special Attack: 60 ----> 30 (-30; he won't miss it anyways)
Speed: 70 ----> 130 (+60)
Movepool Additions: U-Turn, Poison Jab, Zen Headbutt
Description: Basically a were-hyena, because why not? Sure it's a physical Zoroark expy, but it seems like a natural evolution for Mightyena to turn into one! Yes, he's a glass cannon. I suppose I could take 10 or 20 points, and divide them up into defense, put would that make a difference? Better to make him a Pokémon like Mega Beedrill instead, where he'll be good in UU, and usable in OU. I also gave him a number of good coverage moves. I was going to give him Moonlight, but it isn't like he has the bulk to use it. Better to just be able to switch out of threats, and cause damage while doing so. Nothing is going to like taking that 160 attack. Poison Jab means dead fairies, while Zen Headbutt equals knocked-flat-out-on-the-pavment Fighting types.

Serene Grace means that even if Mega Might doesn't knock out an opponent, it still has a better chance of a secondary effect taking effect, leaving a little memento for the opponent if he manages to knock Mega Might out. If Crunch's improved 40% chance of a defense drop doesn't tickle your fancy, maybe Poison Jab's 60% chance of Poison, or Zen Headbutt's 40% chance of a Flinch will give you a rise. There is also the Fang Move's new 20% chance to Flinch or Status Affect. It might not be as likely to activate, but Fire Fang could be useful against Bug types. You can sacrifice power and use Bite instead of Crunch, using that new 60% Flinch chance to try your lack at haxing an opponent to death. If you feel lucky with a 3 out of 4 chance, Iron Tail has a new 60% chance of lowering Defense, which is good if you run an Intimidate set, and the opponent doesn't switch. Just pray you don't miss. And finally, you can sacrifice the power of Poison Jab, and run Poison Fang for a psuedo Toxic behind a 160 attack. Sure it's only 50 BP, but not with that massive jaw of sharp teeth and muscular jaws! Any Fairy that survives had better have Heal Bell!

Anyways, once in a blue moon, a Mightyena will turn into these stronger, faster, bipedal versions of themselves. This first happened on the first full moon following the Team Flare incident, and happens every once in a while. Could the moon react to Mightyenite and a Mightyena in the area? Mega Mightyena is also said to have supernatural characteristics...

On another note: anyone think Mega Mightyena should get a Fairy type. It'd give STAB to Play Rough, though I don't think that werewolves can be considered mythical enough to be compared to fairies.

Edit: got rid of the teething problems for Mega Might as well.[/hide]

Last edited:

Type:

Stats-
Atk: 110 -> 120 (+10)
Def: 80 -> 130 (+50)
SpAtk: 100
SpDef: 80 -> 130 (+50)
Speed: 95 -> 85 (-10)
Ability: Overcoat
Move Additions: Heal Bell
Description: Arcanine, the legendary not legendary Pokemon, now becomes something of a legendary status: A Guardian. With a new Fire/Fighting-typing and huge boosts to both defenses, Mega Arcanine will do anything to protect what is right (more so than Gardevoir, who has G(U)ARD in its name). To protect with might, it has a new Fighting-type, that combines with STAB Close Combat, Double Kick, and Reversal (And Rock Smash I guess) and a small boost to Attack, bringing it to Weavile's 120. To protect with durability, it has monstrous bulk in combination with reliable recovery in Morning Sun. It also now gets Heal Bell to protect it and it's allies from statuses. It's new ability, Overcoat, protects it from powders, and would be the cause for a furrier design (which lowers Speed).

Type:

Stats-
Atk: 90 -> 155 (+65)
Def: 70
SpAtk: 60 -> 45 (-15)
SpDef: 60
Speed: 70 -> 120 (+50)
Ability: Strong Jaw
Move Additions: Mean Look, Pursuit, Poison Fang
Description: You people always underestimated this menacing Dog-thing. You said it was weak, you said it was frail. You said it wasn't scary enough.... Well, does it have your attention now? With a huge boost to Attack and Speed, Mega Migthyena is coming FOR YOU. Blistering-ish speed lets Mightyena chase down it's enemy (like it PokeDex entry says) and massive Attack let's Mightyena go in for the kill, err, faint. Speaking of Mightyena's power, it now has Strong Jaw to put it's teeth to good use. With boosts to STAB Crunch, Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, and the new Poison Fang, Mightyena can now rip its opposition to shreds. It's other new moves include Pursuit to chase down opponents and Mean Look, since if it stared straight at you, you'd be scared still.

Type:

Stats-
Atk: 110 -> 155 (+45)
Def: 90 -> 100 (+10)
SpAtk: 45
SpDef: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Speed: 80 -> 105 (+25)
Ability: Defiant
Move Additions: Earthquake
Description: Stoutland, the dog of the desert, now sports a Mega Evolution to fit such as status. With an added Ground-typing to fit the desert, it gains a ton of a Attack, and nice amount of Defense and Special Defense, and good Speed to be the ultimate powerhouse of the desert. To use this better, it gains access to Earthquake, for a powerful STAB Ground-type move. Stoutland gains the ability Defiant, to punish those who dare try to blow such a tough dog away, and getting 2 Attack boosts for it. This is one dog you won't want to mess with.

Mega Arcanine
Type: Fire/Dragon
Ability: Defiant
Attack: 145 (+30)
Defence: 105 (+25)
Special Attack: 115 (+15)
Special Defence: 105 (+25)
Speed: 95
New moves: Dragon Claw
Description: Mega Arcanine channels its legendary status by becoming a dual Dragon-type, and all its stats (sans Speed) rise considerably to show for it! The addition of Dragon Claw to Arcanine's movepool gives it something to work with, and Defiant suits its bold temperament and legendary status. (You don't just debuff a legendary, after all.) On top of that, it has impressive bulk to access to Morning Sun to fix itself up when it has the chance. And before you knock me for not increasing Speed, keep in mind Mega Arcanine has access to Extreme Speed and Agility. There's a lot you can do with this Mega, just as the base form is versatile in UU.

Mega Stoutland
Ability: Fur Coat Overcoat
Attack: 130 (+20)
Defence: 130 (+40)
Special Defence: 140 (+50)
Speed: 70 (-10)
New moves: Slack Off
Description: Stoutland's brilliant mane becomes even more brilliant, to the point where it softens everything that comes this dog's way! With 85/130/140 defenses factoring in Intimidate, and new access to the move Slack Off, Mega Stoutland can take a lot of attacks before it drops. One minor downside is that all this hair creates extra air resistance, so it loses some Speed upon Mega Evolving. Overcoat because Fur Coat is disallowed its thick coat blocks irritating particles, and is extremely helpful for a tank that cannot equip Leftovers. (It also retains the sand immunity Sand Rush variants had.)

Mega Mightyena
Type: Dark
Ability: Sheer Force
Attack: 130 (+40)
Defence: 80 (+10)
Special Attack: 60
Special Defence: 70 (+10)
Speed: 110 (+40)
New moves: Poison Jab, Parting Shot, U-turn
Description: This Mega Evolution aims to improve Mightyena's ability to fight on its own and its team support. As a solo fighter, Sheer Force gives its Crunch, Play Rough, Fang moves, and the newly gained Poison Jab a boost, with its Mega boosts largely backing them up. And as a team player, it can Parting Shot or U-turn to scout and enable its allies an easier switch-in.

Mightyena-Mega
Ability: Intimidate/Quick Feet/Moxie ----> Tough Claws

Stats:

Attack: 90 ----> 140 (+50)
Speed: 70 ----> 120 (+50)
Movepool Additions: Poison Jab, Swords Dance, Earthquake
Description: Powerful glass cannon with a setup move in Swords Dance, although it may not get to use it much thanks to its frailty. STAB Tough Claws boosted Sucker Punches off of 140 base Attack are going to hurt a lot, and Poison Jab is a far better for hitting Fairies than Iron Tail or even Gunk Shot due having better accuracy and getting a Tough Claws boost.

Stoutland-Mega
Ability: Intimidate/Sand Rush/Scrappy ----> Sand Rush
Typing: Normal/Ground

Stats:

Attack: 110 ----> 140 (+30)
Defense: 90 ----> 120 (+30)
Special Attack: 45 ----> 45
Special Defense: 90 ----> 120(+30)
Speed: 80 ----> 90 (+10)
Movepool Additions: Earthquake
Description: This dog is a sand sweeper in every sense of the word. It has pretty solid bulk and high Attack, but just alright Speed outside of the sand. Also, it doesn't have any priority, meaning it can be worn down by Mach Punch, although that may take a bit due to having 120 Defense. Also, Earthquake is basically the only reliable Ground type move it has, although that isn't too bad due to how powerful it is. Also, Normal/Ground is only an okay offensive typing, and it's walled by Steel/Flying types like Skarmory.

Arcanine-Mega (WIP)
Ability: Flash Fire/Intimidate/Justified ----> Hydrophobic (Heatproof clone, takes 50% less damage from Water-type attacks)
Typing: Fire/Steel

Stats:

Attack: 110 ----> 120 (+10)
Special Attack: 100 ----> 120 (+20)
Speed: 95 ----> 85 (-10)
Movepool Additions: Taunt
Description: Much like regular Arcanine in UU, its Mega is very versatile. It can now run defensive sets really well, and it's pretty decent as a mixed attacker. However, its weakness to the omnipresent Earthquake can give it some trouble with its walling job on defensive sets. Outside of that, however, Mega Arcanine is a good wall with a great typing that technically only has two abilities because of its ability.

Last edited:
Arcanine-Mega
Ability: Thick Muscle (Rock-type Heatproof clone, effect on Burn replaced with effect on Stealth Rock which stacks with the changed type chart)
Typing: Fire ----> Fire/Normal

Stats:

Special Attack: 100
Speed: 95
Movepool Additions: Swords Dance
Description: Bulkier with STAB on E-Speed and trading its Rock weakness for Fighting.

Stoutland-Mega
Ability: Sand Blitz (Flower Gift clone that boosts Attack and Speed by 1.5x during a Sandstorm)
Typing: Normal ----> Normal/Electric

Stats:

Defense: 90 ----> 120 (+30)
Special Defense: 90 ----> 120 (+30)
Speed: 80 ----> 100 (+20)
Movepool Additions: Slack Off
Description: Of all the non-Normal types in Stoutland's movepool, Electric is the most common (citation needed). So I made it Electric-type, because Sand teams totally need more type variety. Also I increased its bulk significantly.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Mega Arcanine
Ability:
Quick Feet
Typing: Fire
HP: 90 (+0)
Attack: 135 (+25)
Defense: 95 (+15)
Special Attack: 130 (+30)
Special Defense: 95 (+15)
Speed: 110 (+15)
Description: An all around monstrous mixed attacker. Decent speed and offenses paired with above average bulk and Intimidate. With an immunity to being burned and paralysis being somewhat helpful, status is not an effective way to deal with it.
Arcanine @ Arcaninite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: ? Atk / ? SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Overheat
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Wild Charge

Mega Stoutland
Ability:
Intimidate
Typing: Normal
HP: 85 (+0)
Attack: 140 (+30)
Defense: 130 (+40)
Special Attack: 50 (+5)
Special Defense: 110 (+20)
Speed: 85 (+5)
New Moves: Slack Off and Bulk Up
Description: Intimidate pre-mega + Intimidate post-mega means some serious pseudo bulk. Pair it's nice defenses, ability and access to sustain and you have yourself a nice wall. Or really, considering that it has 140 attack with a boosting option, tank would be more fitting.
Stoutland @ Stoutlandite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / ? Def / ? SpD
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Bulk Up/Thunder Wave
- Return
- Crunch/Roar

Arcanine-Mega
Ability:
Intimidate/Flash Fire/Justified --> Synchronize
Type:
Fire/Fairy
Stats:

HP 90
Atk 110 ---> 120 (+10)
Def 80
SpA 100 ---> 150 (+50)
SpD 80 ---> 90 (+10)
Spe 95 ---> 125 (+30)
BST 555 ---> 655
New Moves: Moonblast
Description: Arcanine is an elegant, majestic Pokemon, and is well known for being "legendary" or "mythical". These are qualities arguably best exhibited by the fairy typing, something which Arcanine gains upon Mega Evolution! This mega changes Arcanine from a powerful physical attacker into a deadly special one, to better reflect the new typing. Synchronize is the chosen ability as it goes along with the mystical/magical feel of this Mega Evolution. A rather large increase in speed gives Arcanine a potential role as a threatening cleaner, and an excellent STAB typing means that Arcanine's lack of coverage isn't that much of an issue. Said typing also provides good resistances to Bug, Dark, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Grass, Ice, and a useful immunity to Dragon.
This won't be over the top powerful, however, as various playstyles have their ways to check Arcanine. Due to its weaker defences, more offensive teams can easily revenge kill Arcanine, especially when coupled with it's weakness to Stealth Rock. Scarf Landorus, Azumarill, various Megas, Thundurus and Talonflame can accomplish this, while Volcanion can switch in. Balance is perhaps the playstyle best equipped to deal with this, being able to use Pokemon such as Specially Defensive Talonflame, Heatran, and Volcanion to switch in. Clefable also avoids the 2HKO 95% of the time and can click Calm Mind to its heart's content. Stall, of course, has Chansey which takes almost nothing from any attack, even when running a mixed set.

Stoutland-Mega
Ability:
Scrappy/Intimidate/Sand Rush ---> Hustle
Typing: Normal ---> Normal
Stats:
HP 85
Atk 110 ---> 140 (+40)
Def 90 ---> 110 (+20)
SpA 45
SpD 90 ---> 110 (+20)
Spe 80 ---> 100 (+20)
BST 500 ---> 600
New Moves: Hone Claws
Description: Stoutland is portrayed as a determined and pugnacious Pokemon through its pre-mega appearance and abilities. This legacy is carried on through it's Mega evolution, with the ability Hustle! This Mega can use it's boosted attack and essential free choice band to wallbreak effectively, and excels at beating tanks due to the solid bulk it receives upon Mega Evolution. With Hone Claws, Stoutland can even shrug off the shaky accuracy that comes with Hustle, as well as gaining an attack boost. Its bulk also allows it to switch in to several threats and setup in their face. This mon is likely best used as an offensive tank and balance breaker.
Unfortunately, Mega Stoutland isn't free from issues. For starters, it is stuck with base 100 Speed, and therefore sits at a very crowded speed tier. This is made worse by it's lack of priority. It also must rely on a shaky 80% accuracy on all attacks before setup, thus meaning that it becomes rather unreliable if constant pressure is applied. Mononormal is also an unremarkable STAB typing, and Stoutland relies far too much on Superpower for coverage. Stall also has no issue with Stoutland, with Skarmory hard walling even Adamant variants. Overall, Stoutland's main niche seems to be as a powerful balance breaker with a spammable STAB attack.

Mightyena-Mega
Ability:
Moxie/Intimidate ---> Adaptability
Typing: Dark ---> Dark/Normal
Stats:

HP 70
Atk 90 ---> 155 (+65)
Def 70 ---> 50 (-20)
SpA 60
SpD 60 ---> 50 (-10)
Spe 70 ---> 135 (+65)
BST 420 ---> 520
New Moves: Superpower, Swords Dance, Knock Off
Description: This Mega basically focuses on being a ridiculously powerful glass cannon with an incredible STAB typing backed by Adaptability. Normal/Dark coverage is resisted by only 14 Pokemon in the entire franchise. This, backed by adaptability, allows for a fearsome sweeper cleaner. It gains several useful moves, too: Swords Dance allows it to boost its attack, Superpower for powerful coverage, and Knock Off (just a boosted version of Crunch). This Pokemon is basically an upgraded form of normal Mightyena in the role it fills, being a cleaner that can also double as a sweeper in the right circumstances.
Unfortunately, Mega Mightyena lacks anything even resembling bulk, yet needs an SD up to properly sweep. As such, it can't really sweep very well, being stuck as a cleaner in the majority of situations (basically without Memento Support). Furthermore, this lack of bulk means that anything which can outspeed (most scarf mons can do this) will blow it out of the water. It's also hard walled by Msab, meaning that stall builds have no issue taking it down. Lando T is also an excellent switchin. Overall, this Mega Evolution is held back by its lack of bulk, but can still harm unprepared teams.

Last edited:

Mega Mightyena
Ability
: Intimidate/Moxie/Quick Feet >-----> Serene Grace

Stats:

Attack: 90 ----> 170 (+80)
Special Attack: 60 ----> 30 (he won't miss it anyways)
Speed: 70 ----> 160 (+90)
Movepool Additions: U-Turn, Poison Jab, Zen Headbutt
Description: Basically a were-hyena, because why not? Sure it's a physical Zoroark expy, but it seems like a natural evolution for Mightyena to turn into one! Yes, he's a glass cannon. I suppose I could take 10 or 20 points, and divide them up into defense, put would that make a difference? Better to make him a Pokémon like Mega Beedrill instead, where he'll be good in UU, and usable in OU. I also gave him a number of good coverage moves. I was going to give him Moonlight, but it isn't like he has the bulk to use it. Better to just be able to switch out of threats, and cause damage while doing so. Nothing is going to like taking that 170 attack. Poison Jab means dead fairies, while Zen Headbutt equals knocked-flat-out-on-the-pavment Fighting types.

Serene Grace means that even if Mega Might doesn't knock out an opponent, it still has a better chance of a secondary effect taking effect, leaving a little memento for the opponent if he manages to knock Mega Might out. If Crunch's improved 40% chance of a defense drop doesn't tickle your fancy, maybe Poison Jab's 60% chance of Poison, or Zen Headbutt's 40% chance of a Flinch will give you a rise. There is also the Fang Move's new 20% chance to Flinch or Status Affect. It might not be as likely to activate, but Fire Fang could be useful against Bug types. You can sacrifice power and use Bite instead of Crunch, using that new 60% Flinch chance to try your lack at haxing an opponent to death. If you feel lucky with a 3 out of 4 chance, Iron Tail has a new 60% chance of lowering Defense, which is good if you run an Intimidate set, and the opponent doesn't switch. Just pray you don't miss. And finally, you can sacrifice the power of Poison Jab, and run Poison Fang for a psuedo Toxic behind a 170 attack. Sure it's only 50 BP, but not with that massive jaw of sharp teeth and muscular jaws! Any Fairy that survives had better have Heal Bell!

Anyways, once in a blue moon, a Mightyena will turn into these stronger, faster, bipedal versions of themselves. This first happened on the first full moon following the Team Flare incident, and happens every once in a while. Could the moon react to Mightyenite and a Mightyena in the area? Mega Mightyena is also said to have supernatural characteristics...

On another note: anyone think Mega Mightyena should get a Fairy type. It'd give STAB to Play Rough, though I don't think that werewolves can be considered mythical enough to be compared to fairies.
Hate to tell ya, but you gave Mightyena 170 in stat buff while only decreasing 30, so you actually have a stat increase of 140 in total, which it needs to be 100. Also, the base stat total you gave it is currently at 560, not 520.

Arcanine-Mega
Ability:
Intimidate/Flash Fire/Justified --> Synchronize
Type:
Fire/Fairy
Stats:

HP 90
Atk 110 ---> 120 (+10)
Def 80
SpA 100 ---> 150 (+50)
SpD 80 ---> 90 (+10)
Spe 95 ---> 125 (+30)
BST 555 ---> 655
New Moves: Moonblast
Description: Arcanine is an elegant, majestic Pokemon, and is well known for being "legendary" or "mythical". These are qualities arguably best exhibited by the fairy typing, something which Arcanine gains upon Mega Evolution! This mega changes Arcanine from a powerful physical attacker into a deadly special one, to better reflect the new typing. Synchronize is the chosen ability as it goes along with the mystical/magical feel of this Mega Evolution. A rather large increase in speed gives Arcanine a potential role as a threatening cleaner, and an excellent STAB typing means that Arcanine's lack of coverage isn't that much of an issue. Said typing also provides good resistances to Bug, Dark, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Grass, Ice, and a useful immunity to Dragon.
This won't be over the top powerful, however, as various playstyles have their ways to check Arcanine. Due to its weaker defences, more offensive teams can easily revenge kill Arcanine, especially when coupled with it's weakness to Stealth Rock. Scarf Landorus, Azumarill, various Megas, Thundurus and Talonflame can accomplish this, while Volcanion can switch in. Balance is perhaps the playstyle best equipped to deal with this, being able to use Pokemon such as Specially Defensive Talonflame, Heatran, and Volcanion to switch in. Clefable also avoids the 2HKO 95% of the time and can click Calm Mind to its heart's content. Stall, of course, has Chansey which takes almost nothing from any attack, even when running a mixed set.

Stoutland-Mega
Ability:
Scrappy/Intimidate/Sand Rush ---> Hustle
Typing: Normal ---> Normal
Stats:
HP 85
Atk 110 ---> 140 (+40)
Def 90 ---> 110 (+20)
SpA 45
SpD 90 ---> 110 (+20)
Spe 80 ---> 100 (+20)
BST 500 ---> 600
New Moves: Hone Claws
Description: Stoutland is portrayed as a determined and pugnacious Pokemon through its pre-mega appearance and abilities. This legacy is carried on through it's Mega evolution, with the ability Hustle! This Mega can use it's boosted attack and essential free choice band to wallbreak effectively, and excels at beating tanks due to the solid bulk it receives upon Mega Evolution. With Hone Claws, Stoutland can even shrug off the shaky accuracy that comes with Hustle, as well as gaining an attack boost. Its bulk also allows it to switch in to several threats and setup in their face. This mon is likely best used as an offensive tank and balance breaker.
Unfortunately, Mega Stoutland isn't free from issues. For starters, it is stuck with base 100 Speed, and therefore sits at a very crowded speed tier. This is made worse by it's lack of priority. It also must rely on a shaky 80% accuracy on all attacks before setup, thus meaning that it becomes rather unreliable if constant pressure is applied. Mononormal is also an unremarkable STAB typing, and Stoutland relies far too much on Superpower for coverage. Stall also has no issue with Stoutland, with Skarmory hard walling even Adamant variants. Overall, Stoutland's main niche seems to be as a powerful balance breaker with a spammable STAB attack.

Mightyena-Mega
Ability:
Moxie/Intimidate ---> Adaptability
Typing: Dark ---> Dark/Normal
Stats:

HP 70
Atk 90 ---> 155 (+65)
Def 70 ---> 50 (-20)
SpA 60
SpD 60 ---> 50 (-10)
Spe 70 ---> 135 (+65)
BST 420 ---> 520
New Moves: Superpower, Swords Dance, Knock Off
Description: This Mega basically focuses on being a ridiculously powerful glass cannon with an incredible STAB typing backed by Adaptability. Normal/Dark coverage is resisted by only 14 Pokemon in the entire franchise. This, backed by adaptability, allows for a fearsome sweeper cleaner. It gains several useful moves, too: Swords Dance allows it to boost its attack, Superpower for powerful coverage, and Knock Off (just a boosted version of Crunch). This Pokemon is basically an upgraded form of normal Mightyena in the role it fills, being a cleaner that can also double as a sweeper in the right circumstances.
Unfortunately, Mega Mightyena lacks anything even resembling bulk, yet needs an SD up to properly sweep. As such, it can't really sweep very well, being stuck as a cleaner in the majority of situations (basically without Memento Support). Furthermore, this lack of bulk means that anything which can outspeed (most scarf mons can do this) will blow it out of the water. It's also hard walled by Msab, meaning that stall builds have no issue taking it down. Lando T is also an excellent switchin. Overall, this Mega Evolution is held back by its lack of bulk, but can still harm unprepared teams.
You do realise you don't have to put why it won't be broken unless you're justifying a rule break?

Mega Stone: Arcanite
Type: Fire
Ability: Spreading Flames (Poison Touch Clone; 30% chance to burn with all contact moves.)
Attack: 130 (+20)
Defence: 100 (+20)
SpAttack: 130 (+30)
SpDefence: 100 (+20)
Speed: 105 (+10)
BST: 655 (+100)
New Moves: N/A
Description: So this was difficult to make, because i originally wanted it to be a Pyronate Espeeder... F*cking ability limit rules. I wanted to make it bulkier, whilst still having the original Arcanine feel. I made it usable in many different ways, thaks to its mixed 130/130/105 offences, and its 90/100/100 defences. Oh and all it's moves can burn now, making the high defence even better.

Mega Stone: Mightyenite
Type: Dark/Poison
Ability: Adaptability
Attack: 140 (+50)
Defence: 110 (+40)
SpAttack: 30 (-30)
SpDefence: 60
Speed: 110 (+40)
BST: 520 (+100)
New Moves: Poison Jab, Extreme Speed, U-Turn
Description: Mightyena got pulled down a notch, thanks to Faries. Even before Fairies, it was easily outclassed by many other Dark types, and many other pokemon overall. Now it can gain a title. With 140 attack, Adaptability, Swords Dance and an okay 70/110/60 bulk, this thing is a force to be reckoned with. Swords Dance, ESpeed, Poison Jab, Crunch, U-Turn and Knock Off are all great moves to put on M-Mightyena. If it's in a spot of trouble, it can U-turn out. And if that wasn't enough, it's only weakness is Ground.

Mega Stone: Stoutlandite
Ability: Fur Coat (I explain the rule break below)
Attack: 155 (+45)
Defence: 165 (+75)
SpAttack: 45
SpDefence: 30 (-60) (I justify this below too)
Speed: 80
BST: 560 (+60)
New Moves: Bulk Up
Description: This thing is a physical tank. 85/165 defence and Fur Coat will tank up almost any physical hit. It also gets Bulk up to increase its already sky high attack and defence.
Justification: This thing may have astronomical defence, but it just can't live a special hit. I lowered it's special defence even more than I should to ensure that most Special moves knock it out. It also sits at quite a low speed.
252+ SpA Blastoise Aura Sphere vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Mega Stoutland: 352-416 (108.3-128%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Mega Mewtwo Y Focus Blast vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Mega Stoutland: 872-1026 (268.3-315.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
Stoutland-Mega
Ability: Intimidate/Sand Rush/Scrappy ----> Strong Jaw
Typing: Normal/Ice

Stats:

Attack: 110 ----> 140
Defense: 90 ----> 110
Special Attack: 45 ----> 35
Special Defense: 90 ----> 110
Speed: 80 ----> 120
Movepool Additions: Poison Fang
Description: I added an Ice typing to it since one of its Pokédex entries says "It rescues people stranded by blizzards in the mountains. Its shaggy fur shields it from the cold". I gave it Strong Jaw since it alows Stoutland to take advantage of it learning the elemental fangs and Crunch (but mainly because I can't give it Snow Warning). It also makes Ice Fang a viable STAB move, so it can use Poison Fang for another Strong Jaw boosted move. Stoutland gets more speed than it does bulk because Normal/Ice typing is better offensively than it is defensively. And speaking of Normal/Ice's defensive disadvantage, anything with a Fighting-type move and high speed shuts this down.

Mightyena-Mega
Ability: Intimidate/Quick Feet/Moxie ----> Contrary
Typing: Dark/Fighting

Stats:

Attack: 90 ----> 90
Defense: 70 ----> 100
Special Attack: 60 ----> 50
Special Defense: 60 ----> 100
Speed: 70 ----> 110
Movepool Additions: Superpower, Low Kick, Iron Head
Description: Contrary's Japenese name is Devil's Advocate, and Mightyena is a Dark type, which in my opinion can be related with devils and...evil stuff. The Fighting type is because it looks like it's fighting something, and competitively, it grants Mightyena STAB on Superpower--this gives it something to abuse Contrary with. Low Kick is for another Fighting-type move that has more PP and Iron Head is completely random coverage. The typing lets it down against Fairy types though, so watch out for those.

Mega Arcanine (Moon Version)
Ability
: Flash Fire/Intimidate/Justified----> Pixilate; ugh, these rules are killing me! Fine, Intimidate (unless I can think of something better. I hate what I have to pick from)
Typing: Fire/Fairy

Stats:

Attack: 110 ----> 140 (+30)
Defense: 80 ----> 100 (+20)
Special Attack: 100 ----> 70 (-30)
Special Defense: 80 ----> 100 (+20)
Speed: 95 ----> 125 (+30)
Movepool Additions: Play Rough
Description: The body is now glowing blue due to the super-hot fire flowing through Arcanine's body. This peeks out in the mane, tail, tufts of fur, and when attacking: a pair of fiery wings, similar to Mega Absol and Mega Arcanine Sun, while hot red fire glows from the edges of the stripes. Even the eyes glow intimidatingly red. But most of all, the body is a little bigger and bulkier.
Even though even more aggressive in battle, that loving loyal Growlithe is still in there, even in this battle form. This is the ultimate Physical Arcanine, and a Bug type's worst nightmare in physical form. I cannot find Ice or Grass types for comment.

Feel free to pick either one. I honestly couldn't support a special Arcanine without giving the already existing physical sets a new niche as well, and I really wanted to try a special set as well, because in order to make Mega Physical Arcanine work best, I had to sacrifice his ability to function in a mixed set.

This is mostly for fun, so it is only natural that I do it this way. Besides, I'm taking a cue from concept artists, and giving more than one choice, since it makes sense to give more than one choice, to see which concept you like more. I look forward to seeing how you guys react to each one, and which one grabs becomes the favorite among them.
You do realise you can give it Pixilate. You just need to justify why it won't be broken. Like I did with my Stoutland

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)