Megas For All: V4! (Voting - Lickilicky, Togekiss, Dusknoir)

Would you guys be interested if I had MFA include Gen 8 mons when it comes out?

• Total voters
Calcs with 80-Def Mamoswine
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Mamoswine: 200-236 (47.1 - 55.6%) -- 75.4% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Mamoswine: 212-252 (50 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Mamoswine: 174-206 (41 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
With Def boosted (to 100 or anything), Mamoswine Fur Coat may be so bulky as Mega Steelix, with 170 Atk this is dangerous imo and I agree with WTCO, but I don't really know...
Mega Steelix has trouble with strong special attackers, and I think that the same will be true of Fur Coat Mamoswine. The following calcs are for 75 Sp. Def Mamoswine.

252+ SpA Keldeo Scald vs. 252 HP / 112+ SpD Mamoswine: 264-312 (62.2 - 73.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, 252+ SpA Keldeo Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mamoswine: 224-266 (52.8 - 62.7%) -- guaranteed 2HK

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 112+ SpD Mamoswine in Sun: 626-740 (147.6 - 174.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO,
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mamoswine in Sun: 542-642 (127.8 - 151.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 0 SpA Mega Slowbro Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mamoswine: 282-332 (66.5 - 78.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The given special attackers all OHKO/2HKO Mega Mamoswine with their respective STAB moves, while Mamoswine fails to OHKO back. None of the listed Pokemon are niche, nor do they have to invest out of their usual spreads to get the 2HKO or OHKO on Mamoswine. Fur Coat Mamoswine will be a formidable threat for sure, but I think that it can still be dealt with by common Pokemon in OU.

EDIT(after a nap): Basically, Mamoswine is forced to decide whether he wants to avoid OHKOs on the special side or 2HKOs on the physical side, all while ensuring that he can still deal enough damage back to ensure a good chance of 2HKOs or OHKOs back. And remember, he still needs either team support or Rest to keep himself healthy. I think that Fur Coat is fairly balanced on Mamoswine as of now. My Mamoswine has a base Special Defense of 110, which helps him a bit, but not much against these particular calcs(although a lot against Keldeo).

252+ SpA Keldeo Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mamoswine: 194-230 (45.7 - 54.2%) -- 50% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mamoswine in Sun: 426-504 (100.4 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 0 SpA Mega Slowbro Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mamoswine: 218-260 (51.4 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mamoswine fails to OHKO any of them, and is outsped with minimal investment(except for slowbro, but Slowbro is 3HKOd and 4HKOd, so it doesn't really matter).

I think he would be fairly balanced in OU,

Last edited:

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
--->

Mega Donphan (Couldn't get the size right)
Type: Ground/Flying
Ability: Aerilate
HP: 90 (+0)
Atk: 140 (+20)
Def: 150 (+30)
SpA: 80 (+10)
SpD: 80 (+20)
Spe: 70 (+20)
BST: 630 (+100)
New Move: U-Turn
Ability Justification: I do realize that this ability is breaking the rules, but I have good reasoning. The first concern is whether aerilate makes it broken or not. Not really. It has a crippling 4x weakness to ice and average special bulk, meaning that any old ice beam will take it out. Slowbro (mega or not), rotom, defensive lando, skarmory, hippo, ferrothorn and tankchomp can all safely switch in and over half of OU special attackers can OHKO it. The second half of my reasoning is that 29/48 mega evolutions actually have a higher tiered ability than their non-mega forms.
In the Meta: With 140 base attack+aerilate, mega donphan is able to dole out some serious damage. It can one shot pokemon as bulky as latios and and has such great coverage it can deal with some pokemon that STAB wouldn't suffice for. In addition, it has so much physical bulk that it get 3HKOed by mega medicham. It's weakness falls in it's typing and mediocre special defense. Latios, ice beam latias, charizard y, keldeo, ice beam manaphy, starmie, kyurem, rotom, offensive celebi, HP ice manectric and volcanion can all one shot it and all other offensive special attackers can 2HKO.
Design: Inspired by dumbo, it uses it's ears as wings with the design emphasis on it's elephant features.

--->

Mega Mamoswine (Picture of oliphant. Design would be a combination of an oliphant and a mamoswine.)
Type: Ice/Ground
Ability: Sheer Force
HP: 110 (+0)
Atk: 160 (+30)
Def: 130 (+50)
SpA: 85 (+15)
SpD: 90 (+30)
Spe: 55 (-25)
New Move: Fire Fang
In the Meta: Mega mamoswine loses out on it's speed for bulk. It can now take special hits and can take the physical ones even better. With sheer force, it can abuse fire fang, icicle crash, iron head and rock slide. With unique fire/ice/ground/rock coverage, few pokemon can fill the same role. It has few serious problems and will be an undeniably powerful force in the OU metagame.
Design: Based off of J.R.R. Tolkien's oliphant, getting significantly larger and adding additional tusks. Unlike an oliphant, mega mamoswine would not have ears. Colors and general shape would be that of of mamoswine's.

Last edited:
--->

Mega Donphan (Couldn't get the size right)
Type: Ground/Flying
Ability: Aerilate
SpA: 80 (+10)
Spe: 70 (+20)
New Move: U-Turn
Ability Justification: I do realize that this ability is breaking the rules, but I have good reasoning. The first concern is whether aerilate makes it broken or not. Not really. It has a crippling 4x weakness to ice and average special bulk, meaning that any old ice beam will take it out. Slowbro (mega or not), rotom, defensive lando, skarmory, hippo, ferrothorn and tankchomp can all safely switch in and over half of OU special attackers can OHKO it. The second half of my reasoning is that 29/48 mega evolutions actually have a higher tiered ability than their non-mega forms.
In the Meta: With 140 base attack+aerilate, mega donphan is able to dole out some serious damage. It can one shot pokemon as bulky as latios and and has such great coverage it can deal with some pokemon that STAB wouldn't suffice for. In addition, it has so much physical bulk that it get 3HKOed by an adamant mega medicham. It's weakness falls in it's typing and mediocre special defense. Latios, ice beam latias, charizard y, keldeo, ice beam manaphy, starmie, kyurem, rotom, offensive celebi, HP ice manectric and volcanion can all one shot it and all other offensive special attackers can 2HKO.
Design: Inspired by dumbo, it uses it's ears as wings with the design emphasis on it's elephant features.
Mega Pinsir had Aerilate. Mega Pinsir had a 4x weakness to a common type, and rocks.

Mega Pinsir was still really, really good.

I don't really like Aerilate Mega Donphan.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Mega Pinsir had Aerilate. Mega Pinsir had a 4x weakness to a common type, and rocks.

Mega Pinsir was still really, really good.

I don't really like Aerilate Mega Donphan.
Mega Pinsir has both Quick Attack and Swords Dance though. Donphan doesn't. The only good move that Aerilate Mega Donphan could use and Pinsir can't is Rapid Spin, which is for utility only. Depending on the Pokemon, Aerilate isn't that good and is overrated. That Mega Donphan would basically be a bulky attacker/spinner Mega Pinsir, since it's not weak to Stealth Rock but has a terrible speed tier and no priority. Don't get me wrong, Aerilate Mega Donphan would hit very hard (not as hard as Mega Pinsir), but it's balanced. We just have to see if the Council will allow it and if people will vote for it.

Mega Pinsir has both Quick Attack and Swords Dance though. Donphan doesn't. The only good move that Aerilate Mega Donphan could use and Pinsir can't is Rapid Spin, which is for utility only. Depending on the Pokemon, Aerilate isn't that good and is overrated. That Mega Donphan would basically be a bulky attacker/spinner Mega Pinsir, since it's not weak to Stealth Rock but has a terrible speed tier and no priority. Don't get me wrong, Aerilate Mega Donphan would hit very hard (not as hard as Mega Pinsir), but it's balanced. We just have to see if the Council will allow it and if people will vote for it.
Hmmm...point taken. I guess it wouldn't be that bad.

EDIT: Another Other Metagame/Pet Mod with unblockable rapid spin lol

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for defending me! ;) I hope they will go for it too...
Hmmm...point taken. I guess it wouldn't be that bad.

EDIT: Another Other Metagame/Pet Mod with unblockable rapid spin lol
I didn't think of the unblockable rapid spin tech... Thats sweet!

I REALLY wanted to have huge power on mamoswine, but it would obviously be way too broken even if I gave it terrible EVs.

Thanks for defending me! ;) I hope they will go for it too...

I didn't think of the unblockable rapid spin tech... Thats sweet!

I REALLY wanted to have huge power on mamoswine, but it would obviously be way too broken even if I gave it terrible EVs.
Yeah, I'm thinking back and I'm not sure why I thought it would be so broken. We have plenty of super hard-hitting Pokemon in the meta.

Huge Power Mamoswine is broken, no questions asked.

Yeah, definitely broken.

MR. MOMENTUM - Donphan-Mega
Ability: Sturdy/Sand Veil ---> Moxie
Typing: Ground -> Ground/Steel
Stats:
HP 90 ---> 90
Atk 120 ---> 150 (+30)
Def 120 ---> 130 (+10)
SpA 60 ---> 60
SpD 60 ---> 80 (+20)
Spe 50 ---> 90 (+40)
BST 500 ---> 600
New Moves: U-Turn, Coil
Weight 120 kg ---> 486 kg

this mega evolution transforms donphan from a tank into an offensive spinner or stealth rock setter (or both, if that's your thing.) it gets u-turn and coil by virtue of being a wheel and having coiled up, respectively. i always was annoyed by how most rapid spinners lost your team momentum, but between being able to switch into electric/poison attacks (especially the ubiquitous thunder wave and toxic), gaining attack on knockouts, being able to pivot out with u-turn, and even being able to set up on enemies with coil, that's not going to happen with mr. momentum here.

as for counters, while base 150 attack is nothing to sneeze at, it still has pretty bad 90/80 special bulk that can be exploited with the commonplace special water and fire attacks alike. it's also only somewhat fast, letting a lot of things pick at it before it can react.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm so glad I made this copy/paste in the last thread. lol
~-Mega
Ability: ~ ----> ~
Typing: ~

Stats:

HP: ~ ----> ~
Attack: ~ ----> ~
Defense: ~ ----> ~
Special Attack: ~ ----> ~
Special Defense: ~ ----> ~
Speed: ~ ----> ~
Base Stat Total: ~ ----> ~
Movepool Additions: ~
Description: ~

Mamoswine-Mega
Ability: Snow Cloak / Oblivious / Thick Fat ----> Technician
Typing: Ice / Ground

Stats:

HP: 110 ----> 110
Attack: 130 ----> 165 (+35)
Defense: 80 ----> 80
Special Attack: 70 ----> 130 (+60)
Special Defense: 60 ----> 75 (+15)
Speed: 80 ----> 70 (-10)
Base Stat Total: 530 ----> 630 (+100)
Movepool Additions: none

Description: There are a lot of ways to buff Mamoswine as people above this post have shown, but I thought I'd try something that, while very odd at first sight, has a lot to offer. The most noticeable change here is definitely the massive +60 in Special Attack, putting it at a decent base 130. What this means is Mamoswine can use moves like Ice Beam, Earth Power, and Hidden Power for mixed sets, right? While those definitely are viable options for Mega Mamoswine (well maybe not the former two), the real draw to this buff was to give it a boost in Freeze Dry, letting it nail Water-types like Mega Slowbro, Rotom-W, and Keldeo for much more damage than Life Orb Mamoswine ever could. This, combined with the coverage a Hidden Power of choice can provide, such as HP Fire for Scizor, makes it much easier to wallbreak with its physical STABs. Special Defense also gets a slight buff, letting it take special hits a bit better. Technician is a very important ability for Mega Mamoswine, as it powers up moves like Icicle Spear, Ice Shard, Bulldoze, Ancient Power, Rock Tomb, and Hidden Power, making Mega Mamoswine both powerful and rather annoying to take hits from. I want to put additional emphasis on Icicle Spear and Bulldoze, since Icicle Spear is only slightly weaker than Icicle Crash with 2 hits and about twice as powerful with 5 hits, while Bulldoze can severely punish switch-ins by lowering their Speed at the mere cost of slightly less power than Earthquake.

Now while all this does look intimidating at first glance, Mega Mamoswine is far from broken, and for several good reasons. First, while base 165 Attack is definitely intimidating, it has slightly less power than Life Orb Mamoswine, so the only noticeable buffs in power are to Icicle Spear and its Special Attack. Second, Mega Mamoswine has a somewhat slow base 70 Speed, being outpaced by too many Pokemon to list without getting a drop with Bulldoze, and its defenses will only let it take one solid hit at the most. Finally, it has many weaknesses to take advantage of, such as Water, Fighting, Fire, Grass, and Steel, so its defenses are further limited.

Also voting starts in about 24 hours, so if anybody has a Mega they want to submit, this is your last chance.

*Edit

Apparently I failed to notice that Technician is a level 4 ability, so my submission is pretty much void. :,(

Last edited:

Reiga

im dying squirtle
is a Top Artist
Ehhh... I'll try this!

Mamoswine-Mega
Ability:
Snow Cloak / Oblivious / Thick Fat --> Mold Breaker

New Moves:
-Fire Fang

Stats:

HP: 110 --> 110 (+0)
Attack: 130 --> 160 (+30)
Defense: 80 --> 125 (+45)
Special Attack: 70 --> 70 (+0)
Special Defense: 60 --> 75 (+15)
Speed: 80 --> 90 (+10)
Stat Total: 530 --> 630 (+100)

While Mold Breaker might not seem like a "woohoo amazing ability" that substitutes Thick Fat, it's a particularly great ability for someone as Earthquake savvy as Mamoswine, with even defensively oriented Rotom-W getting killed most of the time by a mighty Earthquake after Stealth Rocks damage. A small speed boost also lets Mega Mamoswine outspeed said washing machine and also non-Scarf Excadrill and unboosted M-Altaria and Dragonite, with the latter even getting its Multiscale ignored by Mold Breaker, leading to even an Ice Shard being able to KO it at times.
Fire Fang brings needed coverage to Mamoswine's arsenal, giving it at least something against the likes of Skarmory, Ferrothorn and Scizor, 2-hit KOing the latter two, a nice answer for Steel types that aren't weak to your Earthquake.
Compared to its regular form, Mega Mamoswine is way more suited for a tanky killer, and while Mega Mamo will be dishing out less damage than a Life Orb one, Mega Mamoswine comes with a well suited and great boost to its physical defense, which combined with its already great 110 HP lets Mega Mamo take a good hit and hit back, something that can at times be missing a lot from regular Mamo.
While a burly firetruck of a Pokemon with overall nice speed, great attack and nice defense might seem awesome, it ain't close to overpowered or anything, as Mega Mamoswine still has its fair share of cons. First off and most importantly, while I have said enough times already that the defense boost is cool, Mega Mamoswine still has some bad Special Defense, even after it gains a small buff, and any good Water or Fire move can take the mammoth man down. Another problem arises when it comes to speed, as while M-Mamoswine is faster than some OU threats, its base speed is still below a good 100 and as such, many threats can outspeed it and hit it hard, and even with the priority Ice Shard, Mamoswine can find its downfall against faster priority users and in general guys who can take an Ice Shard, something like Azumarill, for example, can take a lot of Mamoswine can throw at it (even a Freeze-Dry!), and return it back with a Waterfall or the like. The arrival of Fire Fang can also bring some 4 Move Slot Syndrome, as while Ice Shard/EQ/Icicle Crash is a given, the last move slot can be anything from Fire Fang to Superpower to Knock Off and even to Freeze-Dry or Stealth Rocks, and each one has their usages for Mega Mamoswine, something that can really get hard to decide planning your team.

Mamoswine-Mega
Ability:
Snow Cloak / Oblivious / Thick Fat --> Dry Skin

New Moves: Waterfall

Stats:

HP: 110 --> 110 (+0)
Attack: 130 --> 170 (+40)
Defense: 80 --> 115 (+35)
Special Attack: 70 --> 70 (+0)
Special Defense: 60 --> 105 (+45)
Speed: 80 --> 60 (-20)
Stat Total: 530 --> 630 (+100)

Dry Skin gives you an odd yet reasonable place on rain teams. Nixing the water weakness is sweet and the added healing is very welcome. Waterfall is there for STAB.

Donphan-Mega
Ability: Sturdy/Sand Veil ---> Sap Sipper
Type: Ground

New Moves: U-Turn, Slack Off

Stats:

HP 90 ---> 90
Atk 120 ---> 150 (+30)
Def 120 ---> 130 (+10)
SpA 60 ---> 50 (-10)
SpD 60 ---> 130 (+70)
Spe 50 ---> 50
BST 500 ---> 600

Become Venusaur's least favorite thing ever! Having the SpDef to handle its Poison STAB and the ability to heal itself, Mega Phan is a defensive beast. Use it as such.

Mamoswine-Mega
Ability: Snow Cloak / Oblivious / Thick Fat -> Adaptability
Type: Ground/Ice -> Ground/Ice
HP: 110 -> 110 (+0)
Attack: 130 -> 180 (+50)
Defence: 80 -> 110 (+30)
Special Attack: 70 -> 70 (+0)
Special Defence: 60 -> 100 (+40)
Speed: 80 -> 60 (-20)
BST: 530 -> 630 (+100)
New Moves: N/A

Decided to continue the trend of "I don't know let's give this thing Adaptability" started by Pokémon with Mega Lucario and Mega Beedrill. Adjusted the stats to make Megaswine extremely powerful, but slow, so it's checked by things that can take an Ice Shard and fire back.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Mamoswine-Mega
Ability: Snow Cloak / Oblivious / Thick Fat -> Adaptability
Type: Ground/Ice -> Ground/Ice
HP: 110 -> 110 (+0)
Attack: 130 -> 160 (+30)
Defence: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Special Attack: 70 -> 80 (+10)
Special Defence: 60 -> 90 (+30)
Speed: 80 -> 90 (+10)
BST: 530 -> 630 (+100)
New Moves: Bulk Up

Mamoswine is now a powerful wallbreaker with adaptability, smashing everything with its powerful EQs and Icicle Crashes. Freeze Dry makes for a option against bulky waters, hitting them hard.

Mega Donphan
Type: Ground/Steel
Ability: Dry Skin
SpA: 70 (+0)
Spe: 80 (+30)
New Moves: U-Turn, Heavy Slam

Donphan is now a bulky powerhouse that checks alot of OU thanks to its typing and ability.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Mega Donphan
Ability: Battle Armor
Typing: Ground/Steel
HP: 90 ----> 90
Attack: 120 ----> 130 (+10)
Defense: 120 ----> 180 (+60)
Special Attack: 60 ----> 60
Special Defense: 60 ----> 90 (+30)
Speed: 50 ----> 50
Base Stat Total: 500 ----> 600 (+100)
Movepool Additions: Slack Off, Amnesia
Weight/Height: Mega Evolution adds 300kg to it's weight (make it 420 kg) (because of Heavy Slam).
Justification: No one had the idea to give it useable Battle Armor? Donphan is the Armor Pokemon.
Description: This is quite literally the bastard child of a Donphan and a MegaSlowbro. It's two new moves try to make Battle Armor useable abusable like MegaSlowbro's Shell Armor. However, with Ground/Steel typing, a physically oriented stat spread and movepool, access to Stealth Rock and Roar, it's almost entirely different from MegaSlowbro in battle.

Last edited:

Valmanway

It's now time for the voting phase, so vote for your top 3 favorite submissions in order of your favorite.
Pika Xreme (Both)
Tarontos (Both)
Swagodile (Both)
WTCO (Both)
Randomnick (Both)
The Reptile (Both)
Miyami~~ (Donphan)(Mamoswine)
ParadoxEngine (Both)
MegaFlareon (Both)
Squawkerz (Both)
UnrelatedWhale (Donphan)
TheIntimidators (Both)
Angry2 (Mamoswine)
McFlareon (Both)
MaceMaster (Both)
Bynine (Donphan)
Reigaheres (Mamoswine)
Dilasc (Both)
G-Luke (Both)
the someone (Donphan)

Also I've taken notice on how some of the abilities are questionably placed, so me and the council will try to sort that out before voting ends, which will be in about 3 days.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Mega Mamoswine
1. Angry2
2. The Reptile
3. WTCO

Mega Donphan
1. Paradox Engine
2. The Reptile
3. WTCO

Mamoswine:
1. Randomnick
2. MegaFlareon
3. Squawkerz

Donopan
1. TheReptile
2. MegaFlareon
3. MaceMaster

Valmanway

TROPICAL CELEBRATION

After seeing the trailer for Sun and Moon, we thought a good way to celebrate would be to give this slate a tropical theme.

Ability Level Limitations:

Bellossom and Tropius both have a limit of 4.5 due to their lackluster stats, and both can receive two new moves due to having slim movepools.

Two Big Announcements!

Two things have changed since my last post here. First, we have a new programmer named CLawliet, who has offered to help making Megas For All playable. Big thanks in advance man, and anybody else that wants to help him is more than welcome to!

And second, we've revamped the list of abilities in an attempt to make Mega creation more balanced. Here's a list of said changes:

Abilities Moved Down:

Illusion - 4.5 to 4

Poison Heal and Skill Link- 4 to 3

Technician - 4 to 3.5

Unburden, Harvest, Cheek Pouch, Sticky Hold, Pitpocket, Magician, and Pickup - All to -2

Abilities Moved Up:

Flower Veil - 0 to 3.5

Limber - 1.5 to 3

Water Veil - 2 to 3

Adaptability and Tough Claws - 3.5 to 4

Fur Coat - 3.5 to 4.5

Protean - 4 to 4.5

Submissions will be open for a week, so try to get your ideas in before then. Good luck!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)