Megas For All: V4! (Voting - Lickilicky, Togekiss, Dusknoir)

Would you guys be interested if I had MFA include Gen 8 mons when it comes out?

• Total voters
Arcanine: Poison Search, Laughing N-Naut, Venom Pulse

Mightyena: Rasdanation, CoolMan6001, Yoshiblaze

Stoutland: Yoshiblaze, CoolMan6001, Qplaz

Arcanine: YoshiBlaze, Kilgrave, Laughing X-Naught
Mightyena: Kilgrave, Coolman6001, Qplaz
Stoutland: LordBraixen, Qplaz, Kilgrave

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Arcanine: PoisonSearch, MaceMaster, JES
Mightyena: Isa Simple, Laughing X-Naut, acestriker19
Stoutland: LordBraixen, CoolMan6001, MaceMaster

Thanks to everyone who participated this week and sorry about the delays on this stuff lately. Valmanway is a bit busy so I'm going to be taking over running slates for now! If you guys have any questions or concerns about this feel free to VM.

So on to the results!

Mega Stone: Arcanite
Type: Fire
Ability: Spreading Flames (Poison Touch Clone; 30% chance to burn with all contact moves.)
HP: 90
Attack: 130 (+20)
Defence: 100 (+20)
SpAttack: 130 (+30)
SpDefence: 100 (+20)
Speed: 105 (+10)
BST: 655 (+100)
New Moves: N/A
Description: So this was difficult to make, because i originally wanted it to be a Pyronate Espeeder... F*cking ability limit rules. I wanted to make it bulkier, whilst still having the original Arcanine feel. I made it usable in many different ways, thaks to its mixed 130/130/105 offences, and its 90/100/100 defences. Oh and all it's moves can burn now, making the high defence even better.

Stoutland-Mega
Ability:
Scrappy/Intimidate/Sand Rush ---> Hustle
Typing: Normal ---> Normal
Stats:
HP 85
Atk 110 ---> 140 (+40)
Def 90 ---> 110 (+20)
SpA 45
SpD 90 ---> 110 (+20)
Spe 80 ---> 100 (+20)
BST 500 ---> 600
New Moves: Hone Claws
Description: Stoutland is portrayed as a determined and pugnacious Pokemon through its pre-mega appearance and abilities. This legacy is carried on through it's Mega evolution, with the ability Hustle! This Mega can use it's boosted attack and essential free choice band to wallbreak effectively, and excels at beating tanks due to the solid bulk it receives upon Mega Evolution. With Hone Claws, Stoutland can even shrug off the shaky accuracy that comes with Hustle, as well as gaining an attack boost. Its bulk also allows it to switch in to several threats and setup in their face. This mon is likely best used as an offensive tank and balance breaker.

and for Mightyena we have a three way tie between Isa Simple, Yoshiblaze and Coolman6001, We're going to be doing a one day revote for Mightyena! You are only allowed to vote for either Isa Simple, Yoshiblaze or Coolman6001, and you are only allowed 1 vote! Feel free to suggest a slate idea alongside your vote as well!

Last edited:
Sorry I never voted, I didn't have the time and when I did I couldn't decide because I'm terrible at deciding things and there was so many megas to choose from.

However, for the tiebreaker, I'm voting Isa Simple

Mega Stone: Arcanite
Type: Fire
Ability: Spreading Flames (Poison Touch Clone; 30% chance to burn with all contact moves.) I'm just going replace this with Flame Body since thats what Flame Body does. -Acestriker19
HP: 90
Attack: 130 (+20)
Defence: 100 (+20)
SpAttack: 130 (+30)
SpDefence: 100 (+20)
Speed: 105 (+10)
BST: 655 (+100)
New Moves: N/A
Description: So this was difficult to make, because i originally wanted it to be a Pyronate Espeeder... F*cking ability limit rules. I wanted to make it bulkier, whilst still having the original Arcanine feel. I made it usable in many different ways, thaks to its mixed 130/130/105 offences, and its 90/100/100 defences. Oh and all it's moves can burn now, making the high defence even better.
I don't think you understand FlameBody/vs Posion Touch
Bulbapedia
When a Pokémon with this Ability is hit by a move that makes contact, there is a 30% chance that the attacking Pokémon will become burned.

If a Pokémon with this Ability is hit by a multi-strike move that makes contact (such as Fury Swipes), each hit has an independent chance to activate this Ability.
as opposed to poison touch
Bulbapedia
If a Pokémon with this Ability uses a move that makes contact, there is a 30% chance the target will become poisoned. In Japanese versions of Black and White only, there is instead a 20% chance.

This chance applies independently of any moves that may have a chance to poison the target with their own effect.

If a Pokémon with this Ability uses a multi-strike move that makes contact, each hit has an independent chance to activate this Ability.
Basicly rather than being hit by a contact move can burn the opponent, using a contact move can burn the opponent.

I don't think you understand FlameBody/vs Posion Touch
Bulbapedia

as opposed to poison touch
Bulbapedia

Basicly rather than being hit by a contact move can burn the opponent, using a contact move can burn the opponent.
Whoops my bad I'll change that back, nice catch thanks!

Also congrats to Isa Simple and his Mega-Mightyena design for winning the tiebreaker!

So the next slate is going to be
Lumineon,
Maractus and
Phione

All of these are going to have an ability limit of 4 and Lumineon and Maractus are allowed 2 new moves while Phione is allowed to have 3.

This submission period will last the usual 5 days.

Edit: Forgot to mention this slate is based on Rasdanation's forgotten pokemon slate suggestion but with Lumineon instead of Whishcash since whenever I think of forgotten pokemon I immediately think of Lumineon.

Last edited:

Type
:

Stats-
HP: 69
Atk: 69 -> 59 (-10)
Def: 76 -> 106 (+30)
SpAtk: 69 -> 99 (+30)
SpDef: 86 -> 106 (+20)
Speed: 91 -> 121 (+30)
Ability: Pixilate
Move Additions: Hyper Voice, Recover
Description: The graceful Lumineon embraces it's elegance through Mega Evolution. Upon Mega Evolving, it gains the Fairy-typing, showing that it is BEAUTIFUL. To show this off, it gains the ability Pixilate, making it's "boring" Normal-type moves into powerful, beautiful Fairy ones! To take advantage of this new ability, Lumineon uses it's amazing cry to shout using Hyper Voice. Recover adds longevity, as this, combined with improved Defenses, let Lumineon show off it's elegance for a long time. Boosts to Speed and Special Attack also mean that Lumineon can be a naturally fast Defogger and wall (better bulk than Regular Sableye) or a fast Hyper Voice spammer.

Type:

Stats-
HP: 75
Atk: 86 -> 116 (+30)
Def: 67 -> 82 (+15)
SpAtk: 106 -> 156 (+50)
SpDef: 67 -> 82 (+15)
Speed: 60 -> 50 (-10)
Ability: Bulletproof
Move Additions: Earth Power, Power Gem
Description: Maractus pulls out some new tactics with its Mega Evolution. Gaining a Rock-typing, Maractus embraces its desert roots while also getting a Special Defense boost from the sand set by teammates. It gains the Rock-typing over Ground because upon Mega Evolution, it's needles become as sharp and as hard as rocks. With huge boosts to Attack and Special Attack, Maractus can be a great Physical, Special, or Mixed Attacker. Maractus gains the ability Bulletproof to capture the fact that this cactus looks like it's already taken some bullets... and to protect it against threatening moves such as Aura Sphere. New moves include Power Gem for a new STAB option and Earth Power as another desert related move.
While this Mega looks too powerful, you must remember, it's slow and has quite a few exploitable weakness with only decent bulk.

Type:

Stats-
HP: 80
Atk: 80 -> 120 (+40)
Def: 80
SpAtk: 80 -> 120 (+40)
SpDef: 80
Speed: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Ability: Technician
Move Additions: Tail Glow, Mud Shot, Magical Leaf
Description: Phione, descendant of the powerful Manaphy. How we've longed foreth a reason to actually use thee. However, thanks to the power of Mega Evolution, thy Water-type now has a place on many teams, much like thy ascendant, Manaphy. For you see, Phione, wanting to be innovative unlike thy parent, has been bestowed upon thee Technician. With it, thy Phione recieves boosts to the formerly worthless techniques Water Pulse (90 BP) and Icy Wind (82.5). However, that is not all. With Technician, Phione was gifted with new techniques. Thy Phione gains Mud Shot (82.5 BP), as being a child causes such childish ways as playing in mud like some swine, as well as Magical Leaf (90 BP), harnessing the magic Phione has always had inside thee, both boosted by Technician. But we are not through. The last move Phione gains, bestowed to it personally by its parent, is Tail Glow, increasing Phione's damage output greatly after one use. This helps little Phione as, the fiesty lad is stronger, but frailer than it's predecessor. While thy Phione can't take much, it can dish out pain while it's up. Surely, with these changes, thy Phione becomes a prominent threat.

Mega Phione
Ability: Hydration ---->rockhead
Typing: Water -----> Water/Fairy

Stats:

HP: 80 ----> 80
Attack: 80 ----> 80
Defense: 80 ----> 120 (+40)
Special Attack: 80 ----> 120 (+40)
Special Defense: 80 ----> 120 (+40)
Speed: 80 ----> 60 (-20)
Base Stat Total: 480 ----> 580
Movepool Additions: Light of Ruin, Moon Light, Yawn

Light of Ruin is for punch packing it hits with the same bp as boom burst so yeah, rock head is to cancel the rociol from light of ruin Moonlight is for low pp recovery to give it sustain, and yawn is useful when paired with u-turn to get momentum.
Well it won't set records for damage:
252+ SpA Phione Light of Ruin vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 237-280 (69.5 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
it does offer it enough damage to compete with other options for bulky pivots and rockhead let's it use light of ruin without draw backs. water fairy means fire type fairy checks will hesitate to battle with it, and steal types quake in fear of scald burns.

Mega Maractus
Ability: Water Absorb/StromDrain/Clorphyl ----> Contrary
Typing: Grass -----> Grass/Fighting

Stats:

HP: 75 ----> 75
Attack: 86 ----> 126(+40)
Defense: 67 ----> 100(+23)
Special Attack: 106 ----> 110(+4)
Special Defense: 67 ----> 100 (+23)
Speed: 60 ----> 70 (+10)
Base Stat Total: 461 ----> 561
Movepool Additions: Hammer Arm, Close Combat
I picture one of two sets
Hammer arm allows it to run a full adamant set focused on being a speedy win condition with Wood Hammer for a more powerfull stab and sucker punch to deal with pesky talonflames/non espeed/feint ate abuser, with a filler move in the last slot, possibly being close combat to hit certain threats harder and boost defense in the process
Closecombat a bulky win condition that uses synthesis or leach seed for recovery with spiky shield being present as well.
this thing just strikes me as funny looking and acting kind of like spinda for contrary everything else stems from that

No ideas for Lumineon at this point.

Last edited:

Lumineon-Mega
Ability:
Storm Drain/Swift Swim/Water Veil ----> Multiscale
Typing:
Water ----> Water/Flying
Stats:

HP 69
Atk 69
Def 76 ----> 121 (+40)
SpA 69 ----> 79 (+10)
SpD 86 ----> 131 (+40)
Spe 91 ----> 101 (+10)
BST 460 ----> 560
New Moves: Roost, Air Slash
Description: Lumineon takes to the skies with it's new Mega Evolution! Finally making use of its wing-like fins, Lumineon gains the Flying typing and a powerful defensive ability in Multiscale. This Mega has the potential to be an incredible mixed wall thanks to the overall increase of bulk that it gains, which, along with multiscale and access to reliable recovery, can make it very hard to take down. Furthermore, it has access to Scald, meaning that physical setup is not an option to take it down. Water/Flying is also a reasonable typing, offering a mere two weaknesses, and 101 Speed is a great speed tier for a defensive Pokemon. Air Slash provides a consistent Flying-type STAB attack with a nice chance to flinch, which can work off of the increased speed stat it has. However, it is unfortunately held back by a lack of offensive presence, and overreliance on status to cause damage. All of this aside, Mega Lumineon is a defensive threat that should not be underestimated.

Maractus-Mega
Ability:
Storm Drain/Chlorophyll/Water Absorb ----> No Guard
Typing:
Grass----> Grass/Fire
Stats:

HP 75
Atk 86 ----> 116 (+20)
Def 67
SpA 106 ----> 136 (+30)
SpD 67
Spe 60 ----> 110 (+50)
BST 461 ----> 561 (+100)
New Moves: Inferno, Stealth Rock
Description: Maractus embraces the fiery heat of the desert in it's new Mega Evolution, gaining a fire type in the process. Thanks to No Guard, Inferno provides a powerful STAB attack with an incredible 100% chance to burn, whilst Stealth Rocks gives Maractus a crucial utility move that every team needs. It gets a boost to both offensive stats as well as speed, meaning that it can clean up teams with ease. Unfortunately, Maractus is held back by a poor movepool, and low defensive stats. Nonetheless, Maractus provides incredible offensive utility to various teams with it's ability to lay hazards, spread burns, and clean up weakened threats.

Phione-Mega
Ability:
Hydration ----> Tinted Lense
Typing: Water ----> Water/Bug
Stats:

HP 80
Atk 80 ----> 105 (+25)
Def 80 ----> 105 (+25)
SpA 80 ----> 110 (+30)
SpD 80 ----> 100 (+20)
Spe 80
BST 480 ----> 580 (+100)
New Moves: Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz, Recover
Description: Manaphy, Phione's parent Pokemon, shares many similarities with Bug-types, in particular, it's appearance, which is arguably Bug-type, and certain aspects of its move pool. This was something that Phione lacked- until now. With this Mega Evolution, Phione gains a bug type and an excellent offensive ability in Tinted Lense, meaning that it is free to spam STAB attacks all it wants. With the help of an incredible boosting move in Quiver Dance, Phione now has a niche over it's parent with the ability to become faster AND bulkier while still hitting harder. Bug Buzz gives at a powerful Bug-Type STAB, and recover allows it to last longer on the battlefield. An overall increase in stats means that Phione has reasonable bulk and offensive prowess. Mega Phione's biggest problem, however, comes with it's slow speed before using Quiver Dance, meaning that it reaally requires a boost to do much on the battlefield. All in all, Mega Phione is a powerful offensive threat that, after a few boosts, can be incredibly hard to take down.

Last edited:

Lumineon

WaterWater/Flying

HP: 69 → 69 (0)

Atk: 69 → 75 (+6)

Def: 76 → 110 (+34)

SpA: 69 → 85 (+16)

SpD: 86 → 120 (+34)

Spe: 91 → 101 (+10)

Swift Swim/Storm Drain/Water VeilStorm Drain

New Moves: Roost, Quiver Dance,

• Decent mixed 69/110/120 bulk.

• Part flying type because it's based on a butterflyfish and its fins look like wings.

• Storm Drain is a very good defensive ability that gives Lumineon a second ability while also strengthening its Scalds.

• Roost gives Lumineon reliable recovery and allows it to stay healthy throughout the match. Quiver Dance allows Lumineon to attempt to setup and sweep.

• Typing now causes Lumineon to lose 25% of its health upon switching in if rocks are up. It also grants it a serious 4x weakness to electric attacks. Meanwhile its average HP makes its bulk, especially psychically, not quite as good as it good be. Finally, while Lumineon can try and setup due to its bulk, its low special attack means it needs several boosts to be worth using as an attacker.

Maractus

GrassGrass

HP: 75 → 75 (0)

Atk: 86 → 150 (+64)

Def: 67 → 80 (+13)

SpA: 106 → 100 (-6)

SpD: 67 → 80 (+13)

Spe: 60 → 76 (+16)

Water Absorb/Chlorophyll/Storm DrainWater Absorb

New Moves: Horn Leech, Swords Dance

• High attack

• Water Absorb is the better of the two abilities since Maractus' movepool favors a physical attacker over a special attacker.

• Horn Leech makes sense since, although it technically doesn't have “horns”, it has spikes which are essentially horns in all but name. It also dances so Swords Dance..

• Bulk is only average and speed is below, so Maractus has trouble against fast offensive teams.

• Lacks any high powered physical moves which means Maractus will often fall short of KOs.

Mega Phione
Ability: Hydration -> Water Absorb
Type: Water
New Moves: Tail Glow, Energy Ball, Psychic

Attack: 80
Defense: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Special Attack: 80 -> 110 (+30)
Special Defense: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Speed: 80 -> 110 (+30)

Phione was always outclassed by its older sibling Manaphy. Now Mega Phione is... Still outclassed. Well what did you expect? It's a Phione. I genuinely forgot that this Pokemon existed. XD

Pros:
  • Mega Phione now has the moves that Manaphy uses as coverage, making it able to hit weaknesses easier.
  • Decent stats and access to Tail Glow means that you don't want to take a scald from Phione.
  • It has a water immunity.
  • 110 speed is good.
Cons:
  • Outclassed by Manaphy. Doesn't take a mega slot and can hold an item.
  • 80/100/100 is a bit meh, especially the base 80 HP.
  • Phione sucks, even as a mega. I can't increase its stats to anything decent.

Mega Maractus
Ability: Sharp Spines (Rough Skin / Iron Barbs clone)
Type: Grass / Water
New Moves: Scald, Toxic Spikes

Attack: 86
Defense: 67 -> 107 (+40)
Special Attack: 106 -> 126 (+20)
Special Defense: 67 -> 107 (+40)
Speed: 60

Maractus is a cactus. Mega Maractus is more of a cactus than regular Maractus. First of all, cacti absorb water to survive, hence Water Absorb on regular Maractus, but Mega Maractus already has water in it, so it gains the Water typing. Also, cacti are spiky, so what better than a new ability: Sharp Spines, which hurts attackers that makes direct contact.

Pros:
  • 75/107/107 bulk isn't too bad.
  • Base 126 special attack really hurts opponents.
  • Grass/Water typing leaves it weak to three types, two of which are uncommon.
  • Handy ability in Sharp Spines, to screw over physical attackers.
  • Has Spikes and Toxic Spikes, so it can be a good hazard setter.
Cons:
  • Its Speed sucks. Base 60 means that it won't outspeed much.
  • Base 75 HP could be better.
  • No reliable recovery outside of (probably) Giga Drain.

Mega Lumineon
Ability: Dammit I can't give it Dazzling because Sun and Moon isn't out yet Adaptability
Type: Water / Psychic
New Moves: Psychic, Hypnosis

Attack: 69
Defense: 76 -> 96 (+20)
Special Attack: 69 -> 119 (+50)
Special Defense: 86 -> 116 (+20)
Speed: 91 -> 101 (+10)

Mega Bruxish Lumineon is (slightly) relevant. I don't know. Just look at the Ps & Cs.

Pros:
  • Psychic Typing gives it nice Psychic STAB.
  • It gets Hypnosis because it can and it wants to put everyone to sleep.
  • Base 119 Special Attack is good.
  • 101 Speed is great, outspeeding base 100s.
  • Adaptability is a great ability, complementing that 119 Special Attack.
Cons:
  • Weak to Knock Off. It might not have a knock-offable item, but it's still weak to it.
  • 69/96/116 bulk is OK, but the first two numbers are not very good.
  • I can't give it Dazzling.

Last edited:

Mega Maractus

Typing: Grass ----> Grass/Ground

Stats:

Attack: 86 ----> 86
Defense: 67 ----> 97 (+30)
Special Attack: 106 ----> 141 (+35)
Special Defense: 67 ----> 97 (+30)
Speed: 60 ----> 65 (+5)
Base Stat Total: 555 ----> 655

Ability:
Chlorophyll/Storm Drain/Water Absorb ----> Sand Rush
Movepool Additions:
Earth Power, Stealth Rock.

Description: Mega Maractus is a threatening sand sweeper with a rather unique typing. It is rather slow out of the sand, but has decent 75/97/97 bulk to deal with that weakness (not to mention it's special defense is boosted in the sand). But thanks to Sand Rush, it can outspeed almost all non-choice scarf Pokémon. It can also now set rocks. It gains a Grass/Ground typing and gets Earth Power with it. 141 Special Attack is certainly not something to underestimate as well. It's new type also makes it immune to Thunder Wave. It has recovery in Synthesis.

It is very afraid of Ice, however, and has trouble hitting Flying types, notably Skarmory and Talonflame. As said earlier, it is very slow out of the sand. While it's bulk is rather good it isn't the best in the world although it can tank two or three moves usually.

This Mega Maractus has a more grey or brownish color. It gets large wood-like roots it can walk with, hence the small speed boost. It looks bulkier in general, as well.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Mega Lumineon
Type:
Water/Poison
Ability: Serene Grace
Hp: 69
Defense: 96 (+20)
Sp. Atk: 99 (+30)
Sp. Def: 96 (+10)
Speed: 131 (+40)
Stat Total: 560 (+100)
New Moves: Recover, Sludge Bomb

Description: Water/Flying with Serene Grace would be the obvious choice with Scald / Air Slash / Hurricane shenanigans, but that's already been done to an extent with Shaymin Sky so I thought I'd take a different if overall less useful approach. I thought Water/Poison also made sense since lionfish carry deadly venom in their spines. Water/Poison is a good defensive typing that also has decent offensive synergy and team support value due to its ability to absorb Toxic Spikes and immunity to Toxic itself. Meanwhile, Mega Lumineon can almost always inflict a damaging status on any Pokemon that tries to switch into it with either Scald or Sludge Bomb. Recover helps it fill a defensive niche as a status spreader. The last slot can either be Defog / Clear Smog / U-turn depending on what Mega Lumineon's team needs.

Mega Maractus
Type:
Grass/Fairy
Ability: Contrary
Hp: 75
Attack: 86
Defense: 87 (+20)
Sp. Atk: 166 (+60)
Sp. Def: 87 (+20)
Speed: 60
Stat Total: 561 (+100)
New Moves: Leaf Storm, Moonblast

Description: This Mega is a bit crazy but hear me out. The premise is that Maractus switches into a Choiced Water-type or something to get a boost from Storm Drain. Maractus then Mega Evolves and uses the SpA boost alongside Contrary to spam Leaf Storm while grabbing Special Attack boosts. Moonblast is also present as a good secondary STAB option. The flavour for this forme is that Maractus' flowers bloom at night, revealing its true power during a full moon. I was gonna go for Flower Veil instead for flavour reasons and being a little less broken but apparently that doesn't work in singles (should probably be unranked if that's the case). Obviously this Mega highly appreciates Paralysis or Trick Room support to sweep, as it's still not that bulky and pretty slow compared to say Serperior.

Last edited:

Mega Phione
Ability: Hydration ----> Magic Guard
Typing: Water -----> Water/Fairy

Stats:

Defense: 80 ----> 120 (+40)
Special Attack: 80 ----> 120 (+40)
Special Defense: 80 ----> 120 (+40)
Speed: 80 ----> 60 (-20)
Movepool Additions: Light of Ruin, Moon Light, Yawn

Light of Ruin is for punch packing it hits with the same bp as boom burst so yeah, Magic guard is in many ways a better hydration for a special attacker and complements Light of Ruin by removing it's Recoil, Moonlight is for low pp recovery to give it sustain, and yawn is useful when paired with u-turn to get momentum.
Well it won't set records for damage:
252+ SpA Phione Light of Ruin vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew
Only one problem, that ability is a 4.5 ability while Phione can only have an ability of 4.0 or lower

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Oh, damn, I'll try again :s. Although if that's the case Flower Veil probably shouldn't be Tier 3.5...

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Mega Lumineon
Ability:
Adaptability
Typing: Water/Bug
HP: 69 (+0)
Attack: 74 (+5)
Defense: 91 (+15)
Special Attack: 119 (+50)
Special Defense: 91 (+15)
Speed: 106 (+15)
New Moves: Bug Buzz and Quiver Dance
Description: In the dex entries, it is said that Lumineon crawls along the bottom of the ocean on it's fins. This inspired me to make a part bug Lumineon. From a defensive standpoint, the Water/Bug typing is incredibly unique and quite good. With a Quiver Dance under it's belt, Lumineon has some serious firepower and towards the late game could be an excellent sweeper.

Mega Maractus
Ability:
Contaminate (-ate clone for poison type)
Typing: Grass/Poison
Attack: 96 (+10)
Defense: 92 (+25)
Special Attack: 136 (+30)
Special Defense: 92 (+25)
Speed: 70 (+10)
New Moves: Heat Wave and Toxic Spikes
Description: The name Maractus reminds me of "Miracle Gro" lol. It's face looks almost zombie-like. This made me want to make a Maractus infected by nuclear waste. It's eyes, spikes and flowers now ooze a thick yellow goop. Maractus' job is to spam Giga Drain and Hyper Voice. It can utilize Heat Wave to bop steel types that would otherwise wall it too. Spikes and Toxic Spikes are great options for the last slot.

Mega Phione
Ability:
Serene Grace
Typing: Water/Fairy
HP: 80 (+0)
Attack: 80 (+0)
Defense: 110 (+30)
Special Attack: 100 (+20)
Special Defense: 110 (+30)
Speed: 100 (+20)
New Moves: Moonblast, Calm Mind and Moonlight
Description: Mega Phione can finally differentiate itself from Manaphy! The additional Fairy typing helps from both a defensive and offensive perspective. Serene Grace Scalds and Moonblasts now have a 60% chance of secondary effects which makes Phione incredibly annoying to deal with. Calm Mind allows it increase it's damage output and Moonlight lets it stay healthy throughout the battle.

Mega Lumineon
Ability:
Drizzle*
Typing: Water/Flying
Defense: 76
Special Attack: 109 (+40)
Special Defense: 116 (+30)
Speed: 121 (+30)
New Moves: Hurricane, Air Slash
Description: Say hello to rain's newest Mega Evolution. While Mega Lumineon lacks the power that Mega Swampert has, it sets the weather instantly... with U-turn. So not only are you instantly changing the weather, you have easy momentum. It can also Tailwind or Defog to provide some emergency support, and with how barren its movepool is beyond Scald/Hurricane/U-turn it's an easy fit. The new moves are its obligatory Flying STABs.

*Why it is not broken: I can only discuss this in the context OU because Drizzle is banned below and Primal weathers exist above. That said, while this may have Drizzle with the ultimate STAB combination, it only has 109 Special Attack and 121 Speed without an item. That's fairly mediocre alongside the lack of coverage (or Hydro Pump even), by no means the fastest Tailwind or Defog user, and the no item bit also prevents it from holding a Damp Rock and becoming too unstoppable. Overall, you have a one-trick pony that needs to be built around to get the most of it.

Mega Maractus
Ability:
Precipitate (-Ate move for Water)
Typing: Grass/Water
Attack: 136 (+40)
Defense: 67
Special Attack: 116 (+10)
Special Defense: 87 (+20)
Speed: 90 (+30)
New Moves: Swords Dance, Feint
Description: Cacti store a lot of water in their bodies, and Mega Maractus seeks to make use of that with its new Precipitate ability! Normally it would be devoid of viable Water-type attacks, but Precipitate lets Return and Hyper Voice fill in nicely as a secondary STAB. For some reason, despite being dancer-based it doesn't naturally learn Swords Dance (or Teeter Dance for that matter...), so there's really only one other move I can give it. I chose Feint because it's priority that isn't Sucker Punch and I can see this being a decent Doubles mon between its typing and movepool. With the stats and moves at its disposal, you can do a few things.

Mega Phione
Ability:
Regenerator
Typing: Water/Poison
Attack: 80
Defense: 80
Special Attack: 110 (+30)
Special Defense: 110 (+30)
Speed: 120 (+40)
New Moves: Sludge Wave, Calm Mind, Transform
Description: Mega Phione has come to terms with being inferior to Manaphy as a setup wallbreaker and has embraced its status as a filthy degenerate Ditto-breed. Calm Mind comes with this new peace of mind, and the Poison-type and Sludge Wave comes from its other parent being a slime... as does Transform. This is more of a novelty than anything, but at 80 HP and 120 Speed it has some upsides and downsides compared to Mew. Regenerator gives it some form of recovery and lets you play it has a hit-and-run setup sweeper, using CM or firing off a Scald, then retreating with U-turn or a simple switch once you've done and taken sufficient damage.

EDIT: changed my mind and went with the nuts Mega Lumineon option I initially thought against

Last edited:
Phione-Mega
Ability: Hydration ----> Liquidate (Water -ate)
Typing: Water

Stats:

Defense: 80 ----> 70(-10)
Special Attack: 80 ----> 130(+50)
Special Defense: 70 ----> (-10)
Speed: 80 ----> 150(+70)
Movepool Additions: Hyper Voice, Calm Mind, Hydro Pump
Description: After Mega Evloving, Phione goes from "lol why are you using this actual waste of a Pokemon" to absolute terror. Its pretty frail though, and can be pretty easily worn down, and doesn't have an immediate monstrous Special Attack boosting move like the Pokemon it's a bastardized version of.

Lumineon-Mega
Ability: Storm Drain/Water Veil/Swift Swim ----> Multiscale
Typing: Water/Steel

Stats:

HP: 69 ----> 69
Attack: 69 ----> 69
Defense: 76 ----> 126(+50)
Special Attack: 69 ----> 109 (+40)
Special Defense: 86 ----> 126 (+40)
Speed: 91 ----> 61 (-30)
Base Stat Total: 460 ----> 560
Movepool Additions: Recover, Flash Cannon
Description: A great wall with Defog, even with its pretty poor HP. It also has good but not great Special Attack, but low Speed. Multiscale in combination with reliable recovery also helps artificially boost its bulk.

Maractus-Mega
Ability: Chlorophyll/Storm Drain/Water Absorb ----> Sheer Force
Typing: Grass/Fire

Stats:

Attack: 86 ----> 86
Defense: 67 ----> 67
Special Attack: 106 ----> 146(+40)
Special Defense: 67 ----> 67
Speed: 60 ----> 120(+60)
Base Stat Total: 461 ----> 561
Movepool Additions: Fire Blast, Earth Power
Description: Mega Maractus is a powerful Sheer Force abuser, with its boosted STAB Fire Blasts hitting like a tank full of bricks. Earth Power is a pretty powerful coverage move, and, unfortunately, it won't have much room to use its Grass STAB due to the only special Sheer Force-boosted Grass move other than Energy Ball being Seed Flare, and I figured Seed Flare would probably end up breaking this thing.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)