Megas For All: V4! (Voting - Lickilicky, Togekiss, Dusknoir)

Would you guys be interested if I had MFA include Gen 8 mons when it comes out?

• Total voters

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Mega Kingler
Ability:
Protean
Typing: Water
HP: 55 (+0)
Attack: 145 (+15)
Defense: 135 (+20)
Special Attack: 60 (+10)
Special Defense: 95 (+45)
Speed: 85 (+10)
Ability Justification: Although my ability is "banned" on Mega Kingler, in this situation, it wouldn't be broken. The reason why Greninja was so broken with Protean was it's deep movepool, which Kingler doesn't posses in addition to a high speed stat. Kingler only gets 5 viable physical attacks while Greninja has an extremely impressive mixed movepool. Besides, Kingler may only be running 2 or 3 of his 5 attacks in many situations if it wants to have any real wallbreaking power, speed or both.
Description: Kingler turns into a Decorator Crab, turning into a master of camouflage. It has average speed with solid bulk and attack which enables it to be a very threatening pokemon with Protean. Despite how seemingly amazing it is, it's rather awkward. 85 speed isn't going to get any outspeeds against most offensive threats, so you may want to invest into it's HP so that it can be fairly bulky. If you do this, however, you risk getting outpaced by pokemon like Mew and most wallbreakers. To patch up it's speed, Agility can be an effective option, but it lacks power unless it's hitting for super effective or has a Swords Dance set up. I would imagine Mega Kingler ending up in BL. (Sample Sets)

Mega Starmie
Ability:
Spirit Pirate (Moxie clone that boosts the user's SpA after getting a KO) (Pirate as in to steal, not as in people [although Starmie is a water type])
Typing: Water/Psychic
HP: 60 (+0)
Attack: 80 (+5)
Defense: 100 (+15)
Special Attack: 135 (+35)
Special Defense: 100 (+15)
Speed: 145 (+30)
Description: Starmie reveals it's true alien self. As a non-mega Starmie, it was Analytic about our world, collecting data, but now it transitions to a hostile invader that uses it's victim's life force as fuel! Starmie becomes one of the best late game cleaners in the game. With an impeccable base 145 speed tier and great special attack, it can pick up a kill fairly easily and proceed to one shot the rest of a weakened team. (Sample Sets)

Mega Pelipper
Ability:
Parental Bond
Typing: Water/Flying
HP: 60 (+0)
Attack: 65 (+15)
Defense: 120 (+20)
Special Attack: 100 (+15)
Special Defense: 100 (+30)
Speed: 85 (+20)
Ability Justification: I just couldn't pass up the opportunity! It's so perfect! That being said, we have seen an NU pokemon go to Ubers because of this ability, so to avoid the same thing happening again, I've given Mega Pelipper some less than ideal stats and no new moves. When compared to Kangaskhan, it lacks so much power, speed and even bulk. It can't set up like Kan can and also doesn't have priority. That being said, Mega Pelipper is still an excellent pokemon.
Description: Pelipper becomes somewhat stork-like and has a Wingull with it, being very reminiscent of the whole "baby stork" thing. With a Scald, Hurricane and Air Slash with increased chances for secondary effects, Mega Pelipper becomes a very frustrating pokemon to deal with. On rain teams, Pelipper can spam Hurricane without fear of missing, but on more common teambuilds, Pelipper can not only use Defog to remove hazards, but to make Hurricane more accurate as well. It can also use sustain to it's advantage and use some annoying moves like Ominous Wind, Mud Slap and Icy Wind, all of which can now activate secondary effects twice. (Sample Sets)

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Kingler - Mega
Ability: Hyper Cutter/Shell Armour/Sheer Force -> Adaptability (Some crabs can adapt to live on land as well as underwater)
Type: Water -> Water/Ground (Same reason as adaptability, and crabs remind me of beaches, beaches have sand and water, hence the typing)
HP: 55 -> 55 (+0)
Attack: 130 -> 130 (+0)
Defence: 115 -> 130 (+15)
Special Attack: 50 -> 50 (+0)
Special Defence: 50 -> 130 (+80)
Speed: 75 -> 80 (+5)
BST: 475 -> 575 (+100)

New Moves: Earthquake

More Coming Soon

I hate to be a broken record, but Valmanway, can we please move Illusion down? It's a good ability on Zoroark, sure, but it's absolutely useless on anything but Mega Zoroark since they see you switch in to mega evolve first.

Kingler-Mega
Ability: Hyper Cutter / Shell Armour / Sheer Force -> Sheer Force
Type: Water -> Water/Rock
Stats:
Attack: 130 -> 140 (+10)
Defence: 115 -> 135 (+20)
Special Defence: 50 -> 90 (+40)
Speed: 75 -> 105 (+30)
New Moves: Shell Smash, Stone Edge

Description: Decided to capitalize on what Kingler normally does more. Boosted it's stats so they were good, but not overpowered. Sheer Force is a good enough ability as is, so it keeps that. I gave it rock because, like Torkoal, I thought for the longest time that it was Water/Rock. I also gave it Rock Slide, which is STAB and gets boosted by Sheer Force.

Pelipper-Mega
Ability: Keen Eye / Rain Dish -> Gale Wings
Type: Water/Flying -> Water/Flying
Stats:
HP: 60 - 60 (+0)
Attack: 50 -> 50 (+0)
Defence: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Special Attack: 85 -> 115 (+30)
Special Defence: 70 -> 120 (+50)
Speed: 65 -> 65 (+0)
New Moves: N/A

Description: Priority roost tank. Stockpile/Roost/Hurricane or Air Slash/Scald would be fun to mess stuff if you can remove electric types first. Excellent mixed defences to make up for its low HP. It also has a pretty meaty special attack stat to dish out Priority Hurricane. Not much to say here. It just capitalizes on what Pelipper already competitively does, which is Defog stuff, and now it has priority Defog and Roost.

Starmie coming soon.

Last edited:
I hate to be a broken record, but Valmanway, can we please move Illusion down? It's a good ability on Zoroark, sure, but it's absolutely useless on anything but Mega Zoroark since they see you switch in to mega evolve first.

Kingler-Mega
Ability: Hyper Cutter / Shell Armour / Sheer Force -> Sheer Force
Type: Water -> Water/Rock
Stats:
Attack: 130 -> 140 (+10)
Defence: 115 -> 135 (+20)
Special Defence: 50 -> 90 (+40)
Speed: 75 -> 105 (+30)
New Moves: Shell Smash, Rock Slide

Description: Decided to capitalize on what Kingler normally does more. Boosted it's stats so they were good, but not overpowered. Sheer Force is a good enough ability as is, so it keeps that. I gave it rock because, like Torkoal, I thought for the longest time that it was Water/Rock. I also gave it Rock Slide, which is STAB and gets boosted by Sheer Force.
Kingler is already able to learn Rock Slide, you know, via TM.

dawnmidst

I COULD BE BANNED!

Mega Kingler

Type: Water
Stats:
HP: 55
Atk: 130 -> 170 (+40)
Def: 115 -> 135 (+20)
SpAtk: 50
SpDef: 50 -> 85 (+30)
Spe: 75 -> 85 (+10)
BST: 470 -> 570
Ability: Simple
Move Additions: Shell Smash
Description: I've been seeing a lot of type changes for Kingler, but in my opinion I thought I should keep it simple, and leave it as a Water Type just because I see Kingler like that. Speaking of simple, I thought it would go great with a move that I feel like Kingler should really have being Shell Smash, and I thought the ability Simple would help benefit that, and tie into the theme of Kingler being the first and most basic crustacean Mon. Its pure Water Typing has only two weaknesses, therefore it is easier to set up with if it didn't have more weaknesses, along with added bulk to help aid living hits for the turn of setup. Kingler was always known to hit hard and keep it simple, which has influenced my choice for this mega.

Mega Starmie

Type: Water / Psychic
Stats:
HP: 60
Atk: 75 -> 65 (-10)
Def: 85 -> 105 (+20)
SpAtk: 100 -> 140 (+40)
SpDef: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Spe: 115 -> 145 (+30)
BST: 520 -> 620
Ability: Subdue (Custom Ability: Ignores Immunities)
Move Additions: N/A
Description: Starmie is a great mon, and performs its rare but nice role of Spinner, whether it being Offensive or Defensive it does them both very nicely. With stat boosts across the board it is able to do both roles, but better with more bulk, more Special Attack, and enough speed to outspeed Mega Manectric and Mega Lopunny. While the buffs are nice, the icing on the cake is definately the ability, allowing it to Spin on Ghost types which no Spinner can do without Foresight or Odor Sleuth, and it also allows its Psychic Type STAB to hit Dark Types. This allows easier use and less prediction game and a guaranteed spin with Starmie. It can also work as a sweeper on Hazard Stack teams so you aren't forced to use Defog.

Mega Pelipper

Type: Water / Flying
Atk: 50 -> 120 (+70)
Def: 100 -> 110 (+10)
SpAtk: 85 -> 55 (-30)
SpDef: 70
Spe: 65 -> 115 (+50)
BST: 430 -> 530
Ability: Hunt Down (Custom Ability: Makes 2 turn attacks only 1 turn)
Move Additions: Dive
Description: My main reason for doing this interesting mega is the idea behind it, as pelicans are often fast hunters that dive quickly to catch their prey, so giving it Dive just made a lot of sense to me, which is why I made it a Physical Attacker and gave it that ability. With a lack of power for a mega (only 120 Attack), I thought this ability seemed fair because it gives it a strong and good STAB move in Sky Attack, differentiating itself from Gyarados. Another reason I made it a physical attacker is due to its wide movepool with moves like Sky Attack, U-Turn, Knock Off, Seed Bomb, Pursuit, and Gunk Shot, although it does not get a Physical Water STAB, which makes giving it Dive so much more helpful to its already great movepool. Overall, I think this thing could make a decent Offensive Pivot or Sweeper.

Last edited:

Mega Kingler

Type: Water
Stats:
HP: 55
Atk: 130 -> 170 (+40)
Def: 115 -> 135 (+20)
SpAtk: 50
SpDef: 50 -> 85 (+30)
Spe: 75 -> 85 (+10)
BST: 470 -> 570
Ability: Simple
Move Additions: Shell Smash
Description: I've been seeing a lot of type changes for Kingler, but in my opinion I thought I should keep it simple, and leave it as a Water Type just because I see Kingler like that. Speaking of simple, I thought it would go great with a move that I feel like Kingler should really have being Shell Smash, and I thought the ability Simple would help benefit that, and tie into the theme of Kingler being the first and most basic crustacean Mon. Its pure Water Typing has only two weaknesses, therefore it is easier to set up with if it didn't have more weaknesses, along with added bulk to help aid living hits for the turn of setup. Kingler was always known to hit hard and keep it simple, which has influenced my choice for this mega.

Mega Starmie

Type: Water / Psychic
Stats:
Atk: 75 -> 65 (-10)
Def: 85 -> 105 (+20)
SpAtk: 100 -> 140 (+40)
SpDef: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Spe: 115 -> 145 (+30)
BST: 520 -> 620
Ability: Subdue (Custom Ability: Ignores Immunities)
Move Additions: N/A
Description: Starmie is a great mon, and performs its rare but nice role of Spinner, whether it being Offensive or Defensive it does them both very nicely. With stat boosts across the board it is able to do both roles, but better with more bulk, more Special Attack, and enough speed to outspeed Mega Manectric and Mega Lopunny. While the buffs are nice, the icing on the cake is definately the ability, allowing it to Spin on Ghost types which no Spinner can do without Foresight or Odor Sleuth, and it also allows its Psychic Type STAB to hit Dark Types. This allows easier use and less prediction game and a guaranteed spin with Starmie. It can also work as a sweeper on Hazard Stack teams so you aren't forced to use Defog.

Mega Pelipper

Type: Water / Flying
Atk: 50 -> 120 (+70)
Def: 100 -> 110 (+10)
SpAtk: 85 -> 55 (-30)
SpDef: 70
Spe: 65 -> 115 (+50)
BST: 430 -> 530
Ability: Hunt Down (Custom Ability: Makes 2 turn attacks only 1 turn)
Move Additions: Dive
Description: My main reason for doing this interesting mega is the idea behind it, as pelicans are often fast hunters that dive quickly to catch their prey, so giving it Dive just made a lot of sense to me, which is why I made it a Physical Attacker and gave it that ability. With a lack of power for a mega (only 120 Attack), I thought this ability seemed fair because it gives it a strong and good STAB move in Sky Attack, differentiating itself from Gyarados. Another reason I made it a physical attacker is due to its wide movepool with moves like Sky Attack, U-Turn, Knock Off, Seed Bomb, Pursuit, and Gunk Shot, although it does not get a Physical Water STAB, which makes giving it Dive so much more helpful to its already great movepool. Overall, I think this thing could make a decent Offensive Pivot or Sweeper.
Custom abilities are banned.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, just a quick update. We're still discussing what to do about the voting phase, but voting should start within the next 24 hours. Submissions are still open until then. Sorry for the delay, everyone.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
Also Simple is a rank 4.5 ability and Kingler's only allowed up to rank 4.
Also Mega Kingler would be broken. It can outspeed things as fast as a SCARFED 130 base speed without investment after a Shell Smash and proceed to one shot the entire tier minus Mega Venusaur, Quagsire, Clefable, and Dragonite assuming Crabhammer/Return/Brick Break for coverage.

Valmanway

It's time for voting again, but I'd like to bring up what the council has decided on regarding the voting process. We've decided to allow people to vote for their own submissions, which means you can give your submissions more of a fighting chance at winning. But the catch is you can't give your submissions the most points, so while you're able to vote for your own submissions, you'll never be able to give your submissions the #1 vote.

Now with that out of the way, here are the submissions.

Reigaheres (All Three)
WTCO (All Three)
Six Trials (All Three)
Yoshiblaze (All Three)
Dilasc (All Three)
Laughing X-Naut (All Three)
Pika Xreme (Kingler and Pelipper)
MaceMaster (All Three)
Ludicrousity (Kingler)
Miyami~~ (Kingler and Pelipper)
dawnmidst (All Three)

Voting will last three days, so get your votes in while you can.

Kingler:
1. Six Trails
2. Laughing X-Naut
3. WTCO

Peilipper:
1. MaceMaster
2. Yoshiblaze (moi)
3. Dilasc

Starmie:
1. MaceMaster
2. WTCO
3. Regiaheres

Reiga

im dying squirtle
is a Top Artist
Kingler:
1. MaceMaster
2. WTCO
3. Dilasc

Pelipper:
1. Six Trails
2. Miyami
3. Reigaheres

Starmie:
1. Six Trails
2. Reigaheres
3. MaceMaster

Kingler
1 Dilasc
2 Miyami
3 Laughing X-Naut

Starmie
1 Reigaheres
2 Six Trails
3 Laughing X-Naut

Pelipper
1 Six Trails
2 Yoshiblaze
3 Pika Xreme

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
Kinger
1. WTCO
2. Ludicrosity
3. Miyami~~

Starmie
1. Reigaheres
2. Six Trails
3. MaceMaster

Pelipper
1. Yoshiblaze
2. MaceMaster
3. Laughing X-Naut

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Kinger
1. WTCO
2. Pika Xreme
3. Dilasc

Starmie
1. Six Trails
2. Reigaheres
3. MaceMaster

Pelipper
1. Reigaheres
2. Miyami~~
3. MaceMaster

Ludicrousity

Kingler
1. Miyami~~
2. Pika Xreme
3. Six Trails

Starmie
1. MaceMaster
2. Six Trails
3. Reigaheres

Pelipper
1. Six Trails (Seriously, to beat this guy we are gonna have step up our game!) (I'm talking about Six Trails, not the Mega Pelipper) (My Opinion)
2. Dilasc
3. Laughing X-Naut

Ludicrousity

Also, for the next slate i have 3 Ideas :)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1: HDS (Highest Defensive Stats)
Pokemon:
HP: Wailord (Wobbuffet won't benefit from a mega; Blissey won't have much variety)
Defence: Avalugg (shuckle fits both highest Defence and Special Defence, so I won't have it full stop; Regirock deserves a slate with it's counterparts)
Special Defence: Florges (Shuckle again; Ho-oh, Lugia, Deoxys Defence are ledgends; Regice has the same reason as regirock)
Wailord: Ability limit: 4.5; 3 new moves
Avalugg: Ability limit: 4 (I don't want to have a pokemon that can have 284 base defence and fur coat); 1 new move
Florges: Ability limit: 3.5 (Not having Adaptability or Multiscale on Florges); 2 new moves
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2: HOS (Highest Offensive Stats)
Pokemon:
Attack: Rampardos (Kyurem-B and Deoxys-Attack are legends)
Special Attack: Chandelure (Thundrus, Hoopa, Dialga, Palkia Reshiram, Kyurem, and Deoxys are legends; Aegislash Has 2 forms.)
Speed: Ninjask (Deoxys is a legendary)
Rampardos: Ability limit: 4.5; 2 new moves
Chandelure: Ability limit: 3.5; 1 new move
Ninjask: Ability limit: 4.5; 2 new moves
3: Monkey Buisness
Infernape: Ability limit: 3.5 (Not having close combat + Contrary); 2 new moves
Ambipom: Ability limit: 4; 2 new moves
Primeape: Ability limit: 3.5 (Why does this thing only have tier 2 abilities? xD); 2 new moves

Remember, these are just ideas. tweak them as much as you want if they are going to be the slate :)

Last edited:
Kingler

1. Dilasc
2. Six Trials
3. WTCO

Starmie

1. Six Trials
2. YoshiBlaze
3. Laughing X-Naut

Pelipper

1. Laughing X-Naut
2. Dilasc
3. Pika Xreme

Also, for the next slate i have 3 Ideas :)

1: HDS (Highest Defensive Stats)
Pokemon:
HP: Wailord (Wobbuffet won't benefit from a mega; Blissey won't have much variety
Defence: Avalugg (shuckle fits both highest Defence and Special Defence, so I won't have it full stop; Regirock deserves a slate with it's counterparts)
Special Defence: Florges (Shuckle again; Ho-oh, Lugia, Deoxys Defence are ledgends; Regice has the same reason as regirock)
Wailord: Ability limit: 4; 2 new moves
Avalugg: Ability limit: 4 (I don't want to have a pokemon that can have 284 base defence and fur coat); 1 new move
Florges: Ability limit: 4 (I don't see anything in 4 breaking Florges); 2 new moves

Wailord should probably get a 4.5 ranked ability and 3 new moves. It's currently an E ranked Pokemon in the PU viability rankings.
I would argue that Avalugg should get a 4.5 ability as well. Again, it's pretty poor in Smogon's lowest tier (C+)
I'd be wary of allowing a rank 4 ability for Florges. It's an above average Pokemon in UU already and that's with abilities that are actually useless.
2: HOS (Highest Offensive Stats)
Pokemon:
Attack: Rampardos (Kyurem-B and Deoxys-Attack are legends)
Special Attack: Chandelure (Thundrus, Hoopa, Dialga, Palkia Reshiram, Kyurem, and Deoxys are legends; Aegislash Has 2 forms.)
Speed: Ninjask (Deoxys is a legendary)
Rampardos: Ability limit: 4.5; 2 new moves
Chandelure: Ability limit: 4; 1 new move
Ninjask: Ability limit: 4.5; 2 new moves

Inb4 Protean Rampardos
Again, I hesitate to give an above average ability to Chandelure. It's one of those Pokemon on the precipice with it's already super high special attack. Just picture Sheer Force or Adaptability on it.
Can't really argue with Ninjask. It's a pretty bad Pokemon aside from its speed.

3: Monkey Buisness
Infernape: Ability limit: 3.5 (Not having close combat + Contrary); 2 new moves
Ambipom: Ability limit: 3.5 (Adaptability Fake Out -> Last Resort? No thanks!); 2 new moves
Primeape: Ability limit: 3.5 (Why does this thing only have tier 2 abilities? xD); 2 new moves

Too many monkey based Pokemon. You could also make a full slate using the Elemental Monkeys as well. :)

3.5 is fine for Infernape, I'd say. It's not amazing that I wouldn't necessarily be against a higher ranked ability but not terrible either.
I could argue that Adapatability would be fine on Ambipom. A Fake Out+Last Resort set is still gimmicky and gets walled by Steel, Rock and Ghost types.
Only 3.5 for Primeape? It's a mediocre at best Pokemon in NU. 4 at least for sure.

Remember, these are just ideas. tweak them as much as you want if they are going to be the slate :)

Last edited:

Ludicrousity

"Inb4 Protean Rampardos"
it's speed is so low... it wont really hinder the opponent (You wont be able to attack first and fuck up the opponent with a new typing, although I can see it becoming a bit of a problem). It does have a large movepool however, so I may move it to 4, although i can see adaptability being a problem too...

"I'd be wary of allowing a rank 4 ability for Florges. It's an above average Pokemon in UU already and that's with abilities that are actually useless."

Well, i can't see anything breaking the meta. contrary wont really help it, pixilate wont really help, since it only gets physical normal moves (that are useful... hyperbeam isnt gonna help you), it doesn't benefit from no guard, and might actually get hindered by it. Multiscale and Adaptability are a bit broken though, so I will move it down to 3.5 :)

"Wailord should probably get a 4.5 ranked ability and 3 new moves. It's currently an E ranked Pokemon in the PU viability rankings."
Yeah, i wasn't thinking straight when i did Wailord. I will move it up.

"I would argue that Avalugg should get a 4.5 ability as well. Again, it's pretty poor in Smogon's lowest tier (C+)"
252 Atk Life Orb Deoxys-A Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Avalugg: 99-117 (25.1 - 29.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO... and thats only raising the defence by 10 and giving it fur coat... no thanks.

"Again, I hesitate to give an above average ability to Chandelure. It's one of those Pokemon on the precipice with it's already super high special attack. Just picture Sheer Force or Adaptability on it."
wow... now that's scary just to think about... definitely lowering that now.

"Can't really argue with Ninjask. It's a pretty bad Pokemon aside from its speed."
Exactly what i thought. :D

"3.5 is fine for Infernape, I'd say. It's not amazing that I wouldn't necessarily be against a higher ranked ability but not terrible either."
I would have put it in 4, but i've seen how good contrary close combat is, so I hesitate to move it up.

"I could argue that Adapatability would be fine on Ambipom. A Fake Out+Last Resort set is still gimmicky and gets walled by Steel, Rock and Ghost types."
True, i will move it up now.

"Only 3.5 for Primeape? It's a mediocre at best Pokemon in NU. 4 at least for sure."
I put it there for the same reason as Infernape. i don't want contrary close combat. but i can see your point, and might move it up, depending on others opinion on it. :)

Valmanway

And so the winners are WTCO's Kingler and Reigaheres' Starmie, but we have a tie between Yoshiblaze's and Six Trials' Pelipper. As a result, we'll have to vote for which if their Mega Pelipper submissions will be the winner. This voting will last roughly 24 hours.

An idea I had for the next slate:-
===
Pollution Trio
Muk: Two new moves, Ability Rank 4
Weezing: One new move, Ability Rank 3.5 (Primarily because it already has one)
Garbodor: Two new moves, Ability Rank 4

Everybody likes trio sets, and Muk, Weezing, and Garbodor form a trio of Pokémon themed around sea, air, and land pollution respectively. Only one of these 'mons has made it even close to the big time, with Weezing climbing the ranks to UU, but let's think about how a Mega Evolution could get everyone there. Additionally, Poison as a type is coming slightly back in vogue, what with a general lack of weaknesses and the presence of Fairies cluttering the meta. Let's see what happens!

---

Please feel free to tear the idea apart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)