Megas you'd like to see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's face it, a lot of Pokemon are in desperate need of Megas. Which Pokemon would you like to see get a Mega Evolution? I'd personally like to see the following:

Mega Mightyena. Mightyena is a pretty rad Pokemon (my second favorite, in fact, tied with Absol). It's a shame that it's pretty useless competitively. I think a Mega could give it the Dark/Fairy typing and the ability Huge Power. Its Special Attack would be decreased, and its Attack and Speed would be increased. Just think about it. STAB Play Roughs and Crunches would hurt like a bitch, and Sucker Punch would no longer be mandatory due to increased Speed and all.

Mega Swanna. Swanna is one of those birds that has pretty putrid coverage and can't hit very hard with its STAB anyway. You know what would give it that boost that it so desperately needs? Serene Grace, plus increased Special Attack and Speed and slightly greater Defense and Special Defense. Its Attack would be decreased as well. Nothing would want to take STAB Scalds and Air Slashes, both with a 60% chance for their additional effect to occur. Ice Beam would be its only real coverage option outside of Hidden Power Something, but it would be powerful, and a 20% freeze chance is nothing to sneeze at.

Mega Granbull. At first, when you look at Granbull, what with its pretty rockin' Attack stat and coverage for days, you wonder why nobody uses it. And then you realize that its Attack is its only non-mediocre stat. A Mega that raises its Attack even more and fixes up its shoddy bulk would be awesome. Maybe throw in a little Speed, too. A type change from pure Fairy to Fairy/Fighting and the ability No Guard would make Mega Granbull pretty scary. STAB Dynamic Punches that never miss and always confuse wouldn't be just a Machamp thing anymore, and Play Rough would no longer have the chance to miss when you need it not to the most. As far as coverage goes, automatic 100% accuracy on moves like Iron Tail and Stone Edge would be a godsend. Zen Headbutt and Gunk Shot could be added to its arsenal as well.

Mega Furret. This little cutie looks pretty simple, right? And Simple's an ability, right? Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Because if you were thinking Normal/Fighting little badass cutie with Simple and access to Swords Dance, then yes. Coming off of a pimpin' new Attack stat (and raised Speed stat to boot), STAB Returns would hurt lots of things, except for Rocks and Steels. Those two types wouldn't like to take Brick Breaks, either. If you didn't want to run Swords Dance for whatever reason, you could Power-Up Punch until your attack hits the roof. Fun little coverage options like Aqua Tail and the elemental punches could scare the crap out of anything that wasn't expecting it, and U-turn could be used as a GTFO if things start getting rough out there.

So, what megas do you want to see, and what would you want them to be like? What do you think of my ideas? These are really fun to get creative with, so have your fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)