Melee Thread (TOURNAMENT SPOILERS TO BE EXPECTED)

here are the teams for the draft crew battles at Genesis, thoughts?

most people are leaning toward HBox's and SFAT's teams as the favorites, but I think Axe's crew has a lot of potential

Stratos

Banned deucer.
every time m2k is playing well and a commentator (d1) says "the king is back" like he's not just a normal person who has good days and bad days but this is some sort of sign that mew2king is about to win everything, i want to rip my own balls off with rusty pliers. this also applies to each use of the phrase "king of the mews" because his name is not mewking. also, the way people fawn over him (oh my god i'm so glad m2k was having fun) like he's some sort of special needs child is frankly creepy.

i like mew2king and I like his play but his fans are so gutwrenchingly terrible that it honestly makes it hard to enjoy things like PAX because I know I'm about to see mew2king fans.

melee hell? i thought stratos had some level of skill at melee

edit: also hbox's crew is clearly the most stacked but i am a big fan of wizzy

top 64 summary:

• ice playing really well, beating plup in winners and then destroying colbol in losers after losing to armada
  • m2k with a terrible tournament - his marth looked shaky against SFAT and he wasn't mentally there for the match against nintendude
  • PPMD with some really good play in his match against lucky. his marth is looking good and considering that he beat armada in crews, he has a shot at beating him in top 8 tomorrow
  • axe playing out of his mind against mango to make winners side top 8
  • wizzrobe also playing super well in losers, taking out lucky and giving m2k a good run
disappointments so far are plup and m2k both going out in 9th, westballz losing to PPU in losers pretty early on, and the salty suite just featuring S2J vs abate with some pretty lackluster commentary

I'm open to play any European on netplay with the PAL Community build (if you're unsure about the later part, feel free to PM me)

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
annnnnnnd i am home

melee went well apart from the delays, i helped salvage smash 4 a bit, i am content with what i did

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)