1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Melodrama in a fish tank- NOW WITH 100% LEGAL FISH REPRODUCTION

Discussion in 'Smogon's Greatest Hits' started by Morm, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WaterBomb

WaterBomb because exploding camels wasn't enough
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Server Moderator

You still didn't tell me if it's male or female.

Otto von Bismarck for male, Gretchen for female :)
  2. Morm

Morm

No way of knowing- the only one I know "for sure" is the male with egg spots. It's probably female given that it hasn't fought much for territory. In almost every species of vertebrate, females are weak willed and lack the heart of the warrior.

So I'm off to the mountains this week. I'm being paid to take a bunch of university students to the Burgess Shale. I'll get pics of my journey so you can all see. So no updates til like Sunday night, but it might be fun to make predictions:

Will Sigourney finally get knocked up by Bowagrius?

Will someone lose a limb (other than Ferdinand)?

What will become of the so far silent youth?

HOW MUCH MORE SPERM WILL I HAVE TO ENDURE??
  3. 360Swampert

360Swampert

This is possibly the most interesting Story ever =D, I feel for poor Ferdinand. Hope he doesn't get eaten to much. Keep this up its awesome =D.
  4. WaterBomb

Perhaps Ferdinand is a masochist and enjoys having his limbs ripped off? Maybe our pity is unnecessary?

Since I like the name Otto von Bismarck better, I will assume the younger kid is male and go with that as my humble submission for its name. As for Bow's gf, since it's a BBW, I've changed my mind on Genevieve and would prefer her name be Latoya. I feel this is appropriate to her "voluptuosity"
  5. Morm

Morm

LOL I want the names to be tolerable and not retarded as I have to ultimately live with them. I don't need some ghetto name for her like Mo'nique or some shit.

I am starting to think Ferdinand is a masochist; he likes to walk right in strike range of a predator on a regular basis. What a tard.
  6. WaterBomb

ok forget latoya but definitely go with Otto von Bismarck
  7. Wishy

Wishy

Sounds like the plot to some Japanese guro hentai.

Goddamn, I wish I could contribute but my poor Chameleon died (He was old) almost a year ago. The adventures of Charles 'Charlie' Xavier, the insects that came and went (were devoured) through his cage, and the drama in the cricket compartment.

-eagerly awaiting new photos-
  8. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Deer Lord
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

I got a few fish today - three Neon Tetras, a Rainbow Platy, and a Mickey Mouse Platy. Sadly, the tetras died quickly :,( But the platies live on!

Why must this thread get so little love?
  9. Morm

Morm

So I just got back from an adventure. The snail who gave my dad's baby goldfish flukes has now officially killed three with probably 2 more on the way. After a full round of fluke and anti bacterial treatment they continue to decline. FUCK. I worked so hard keeping those babies alive and now one hijacked filthy asshole snail has ruined my life. RUINED.

I was just out on an adventure and made you all a taste:

Hey guys

[​IMG]

So yeah this is descending into a valley, pretty nice.

[​IMG]

Canada's mighty navy on maneuvers. Well, the Canadian version of maneuvers, which consists of being anchored and likely drinking. They haven't figured out that Ghost Lake is landlocked, but they'll get it right one of these years.

[​IMG]
    EXTREME CLOSE UP AT GHOST LAKE.

[​IMG]
    What an attractive looking river we have in Canada.

[​IMG]
    Paskapoo Fm, no fossils to be seen. :(

[​IMG]
    This is Jura Creek, but that's a whole other adventure for a whole other post one day. I just drove by this day.

[​IMG]
    So yeah I'm just cruisin' down a mountain road here, not a big deal. This is my commute btw.

OH DEAR LORD ACCOMODATIONS

[​IMG]
    This is MT Stephen. Excellent.

[​IMG]
    Nature is invasive in this small mountain town, it needs to learn its place crushed under the mighty heel of man I think.

[​IMG]
    This is Takkakaw Falls. 2nd highest in Western Canada. It's a great place to start my day, don't you agree?

[​IMG]
    This was our first real stop of the trip, Yoho Lake. Beats a break room I guess.

[​IMG]
    The trail gets fun here, your back is to a cliff of rock!

[​IMG]
    Michael Massif and No-see-um Falls!

[​IMG]
    Emerald Lake.

[​IMG]
    SCREE SLOPE!!!

[​IMG]
    We literally walk around this mountain above tree line for part of it.

[​IMG]
    Walcott Quarry.

Sweeeeeet.

[​IMG]
    No wonder the hippies come to British Columbia all the time, look at these 'shrooms!

Drive home.

[​IMG]
    At this point in the adventure my car began to reek of skunk. It stayed with me for at least 40K, I tried to photograph the stench for you as best I could.

So yeah, I hope that justifies no updates about newts for the weekend.
  10. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Deer Lord
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

All my fish died.

Fuck.

Well, I know what I was doing wrong, and did the best I could to fix it. I now have a Black Skirt Tetra named Skippy, and he or she has so far outlasted the other tetras.
  11. Morm

Morm

12. Morm

Morm

Please don't infract me for double posting; I have an eagerly awaited update.

So, Bowagrius has gone super aggro. He's moved out from his normal spermy hangout and taken his gf's cave, as well as the refugia of both Otto (who is showing what could be an egg spot, meaning male) and Sigourney, banishing all three other newts to the floating matt of plants which is doing surprisingly well.

So, all in all, shit is hitting the fan. Someone's gotta stand up to Bow- there is more than enough area for them, but he's taking everything for himself and then not using it. When it's feeding time, him and his gf tag team one end and Sigourney usually creeps the periphery, looking for scraps (wow, sounds like the average looking girls in high school). Meanwhile, Otto is an absolute bitch.

Ferdinand keeps feeding on sperm with his 3.5 arms. He's minding his business, but Bowagrius has been seen twice in the last two days STALKING him/outright hunting him. Ferdinand knows about this and retreats out of striking range, but Bow follows. Mother fucker can't step to Uropods though! It seems odd- on the one hand, Ferdinand can fend them off constantly and consistently, but he ALWAYS has missing legs on the other hand! Maybe when he's shedding they come at him, that would make sense...though he does have a strong desire to be accepted, so he does sometimes try to snuggle them/sit on them/hang out in general. Moron should realize sweatpants and asian aren't trendy in Jefferson High.

Things are heating up, when Bow goes at someone for being on the bottom of the tank there is biting involved, usually of the tail cause everyone is a pussy compared to him. I hope someone stands up to him, but with their food intake method (buccal suction combined with eyeball mastication) I can't see much getting accomplished unless someones arm gets sucked in.

At least the sperming has calmed down- but once I get paid on my next contract, I'll get a refrigerator for the tank, meaning they will change in behavior and be cooler (both socially and temperaturally...it's a word, why shouldn't it be?)

:D

Edit: Just got some good pics of Bowagrius' Gf stalking Ferdinand with Bow kinda fucking around in the background. Will post with next update :D
  13. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

man where the hell is the melodrama going to come from if you cool them all down?

also those adventure photos are very nice
  14. Not Scicky

Not Scicky

I think these creatures would make for interesting cartoon characters.

Also man this sure is a pretty swell country most of the time around BC and Alberta.
  15. Morm

Morm

Fate: Thank you. Think of things more like this: Males aren't supposed to even want to breed unless in top form with the water being about 16(!) Celcius. Right now it's 22. Females are supposed to kick things into overdrive around this time of year and AT lower temps, so they may start finally going at it like two 16 year olds over Orlando Bloom autographs if all goes according to plan. They actually are feeling uncomfortable right now- just imagine them in their PRIME!

Scicky- Thanks again, I'm a creative genius...or at least that's what my therapist would say, if I had one while describing my social life. Who gives a fuck about the country- ironically, these newts are from China (so is Ferdinand, I think). Albertan Caudates are larger and a little more forgiving, which says a lot considering their top predator status. Edit: Now I realize you were talking about my adventures. For a smart person I sure am stupid.
  16. Xav

Xav

After being a long time fan of this thread I decided I should contribute my fishy tales. Two years ago I got a fish tank and me and my sister each got some fish. Mine all died except for a huge lone catfish that is only seen every once in a while.

My sister got three 'female' guppies, as she was advised guppies would breed like crazy. These 'females' began breeding and now the tank is overrun by guppies that eat each other at any opportunity as my sister is rather lazy in feeding them. Everytime new fish are introduced into the tank they end up dead and eaten in a couple of weeks. Fucking pet store selling us male and female guppies.

I am hanging out for updates on this, can't wait to see how it unfolds.
  17. Morm

Morm

Guppies would make amazing tankmates, if only they could breed faster than die. Fuck do I HATE guppies, swordtails, platys and mollys. Thanks for contributing- pics and more stories would be amazing!!

Okay Now a picturestorm from tonight (within 5 minutes of watching!) with a limited caption; I'll let you figure out what is going on with the politics I'll just give a few witty remarks and some objective observation

[​IMG]
    Ferdinand; For Ala.

[​IMG]
    What's this? Ferdinand in proximity of a newt. TENSION

Alternate caption:
    Ferdinand makes his social breakthrough move, with a GIRL.

[​IMG]
    He gets by, unscathed, minding his business; he backed out, likely looking at a manual for D+D. Maybe next time....(lol asian in HS yeah right they were like a different species)

[​IMG]
    Otto is getting his egg spots??? Nice call Waterbomb for making it a male when I was unsure. I dunno man, he could be stepping it up by putting his penis on a table and saying "WHAT NOW BITCH" (women, in my experience, response in a sexually favorable way to this)

[​IMG]
    Bowagrius is PISSED that I'm even near the tank, he is so jealous- meanwhile his girl leaves the scene. It's just where I take women though- to a place with a giant bone...

In this case it's a lumbar vertebrae from a deer

[​IMG]
    FUCK now Sigourney is mad and Otto is leaving the scene how can I be expected to creep them with this going on?? He's all up on her jock and she stays but HE runs? HOW CAN I MAKE A PLOT WITH SO MANY TEENS INTERESTED IN EACH OTHER AT ONCE?

[​IMG]
    OH HEY WHAT IS THIS, IS THIS A SHRIMP?

[​IMG]
    IMMA STARE FOR LIKE 2 MINS AT FERDINAND AND GET CLOSE ENOUGH TO STRIKE
    :(

[​IMG]
    THEN FLOP OVER CAUSE I'M TOO COOL EVEN FOR THIS SCHOOL; I'll pretend like I wasn't interested in anything because interest is gay and being aloof is awesome in Jefferson High. Speaking of hi, HI Bowagrius! LOVE, your gf FOR EVER! (high school romance is serious and this time, she MEANS it)
  18. Morm

Morm

Sorry for the delay. I just started a full time job, am in the preliminary actions for starting my second company (before the age of 25! :0) and have been seeing a girl that friend zoned me but then spends the whole night flirting and bitching about how she cannot find a nice guy. If any of you guys aren't familiar with this situation I'm sure any on of the members of Smogon would most certainly explain it to you because women love playing this game more than even flirting to get a free dinner. Edit: okay now she's telling me that a guy who tried to sell her a car that was outted to be a rip off is a nice guy...I wonder if that is related to her calling him cute earlier? It's like the Vegemite of flirtation.

Anyways, today I added two Vampire Shrimp. One looks kind of like Pattinson. They are bottom feeders, and wouldn't hesitate to rip the arm off of a newt...or rip ferdinand apart. So while Ferdinand is the asian kid in sweats, these two are the Honda-with giant spoiler- driving asian who tells teachers to fuck off while having the same hair as someone from FF12. They are bold enough to steal food RIGHT from in front of the mouth of a newt and run off, but they are small enough to be killed by a newt easily.

So, will the new arrivals cause troubles? :o
  19. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Those rich Asians in real life can act like douches all they want while buying up friendship with money.
    Those shrimps? I predict that they won't last too long.
    But then again it looks like your newts do tend to act like bitches that could get dominated easily...
  20. Morm

Morm

the shrimp are smaller but actively defend themselves. One, the smaller of the two, has lost a feeding arm already and is the subject of much newt curiousity. Activity, other than feeding, has never been so high and uncontested on the bottom. Its like they are ignoring social norms and differences to pick on those who are physiologically different from themselves, this is unprecedented within humanity.
  21. Morm

Morm

[​IMG]

This is a pic of one of the new vampire shrimp. If anyone happens to know a genus on these, it'd be nice to know as searching vampire shrimp is an absolute shitstorm on google.

I think this new gang of shrimp understands that it's imperative to leave whitey alone. They may have better weapons in the form of pinchers, but newts are far larger and would beat the hell out of them one on one. I haven't seen anything beyond the one smaller one losing a portion of arm; that said, if I am late on a feeding by a day or something I suspect one will get chewed on.

So, the little ecosystem is growing, but the drama is cooling down a bit. Though Sigourney is stepping things up and has been seen in open combat with both Bowagrius and the larger female, biting back when bitten and etc. Looks like she wants some territory. I am kind of biased towards her, so I'm cheering for her to kick someones ass and claim her place as a popular newt.
  22. Mountain Dewgong

Mountain Dewgong

Sweet tank set up bro!
    I've only got a lone axolotl, a pretty intensely solitary animal. I'm thinking I might add some cheap fish into the tank for some hunting practice for him; if I do, pics will definitely follow.

And I *think* the shrimp is atya gabonensis after a refined search.
  23. WaterBomb

You're right, he DOES kind of look like Pattinson...
  24. Morm

Morm

Nope, it can't be Atya gabonensis, the arms are very thin and long on mine.

Axolotls are bitches man, though I've seen them do well with others. They are just so sensitive, they may as well have vaginae, you know?

Yeah, some Ferdinand related news:

[​IMG]
  25. Mountain Dewgong

Mountain Dewgong

I'd like to see your foolish shrimp survive on dry carpet for 10 hours.
    A feat my retard of an axolotl has repeated 2 times before I managed to find a glass cover for its tank instead of the flappy lid/light cover I previously had. He may be a dumbass but he's definitely not a pussy. ;)

R.I.P Ferdinand. :(

and on the shrimp front, could that be sexual dimorphism or even a maturity based thing? Pincer size often correlates with toughness/sexual readiness/general badassery in crustaceans?

edit: oh, it looked like he'd been sucked out like... well a shrimp!!

I just need some hormones to make my lad metamorphose into a bad ass salamander, though I think that's against local environmental laws...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)