Meloetta

Discussion in 'BW OU' started by Rising_Dusk, Sep 18, 2010.

1. preliator

preliator

Lol, I'm using the exact same set but with expert belt and it did quite nice for me catching skarm, gliscor and friends offguard. (I use it on my rain team).
  2. Poke Trainer

Poke Trainer

I'm curious as to what the most efficient EV's are to use on the above set. I'm considering using the EVs from the last set on the OP, but has HP Ice instead of Ice Punch.
  3. Cipher Admin Lovrina

Cipher Admin Lovrina

Tornadus can rarely switch in because if it eats a Relic Song, then it'll face a thunder to the face next turn. It doesn't like taking an HP Ice with LO or Expert Belt either and a Thunder in either forme can either outright kill or paralyze it. I'm not sure how much Pirouette formes' close combat does to it, but it definitely can't take a Thunder afterward. Nobody realizes how fast it is!
  4. Danger Mouse

Danger Mouse

I might have to try that set on my rain team, it sounds interesting...
  5. Roxastom100

Roxastom100

How will Meloetta play in the current metagame??? It doesn't looks like it has anything good to abuse Serene Grace which is a let down. Will it be OU??? I think it will be UU at best :/

I think I'll use this set:
    Meloetta @ Lefties
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 Special attack/252 speed/4 Hp
    Nature: Timid
    - Calm Mind
    - Hidden power-Ice
    - Psychic
    - Thunderbolt

Should I change Hidden power for something???
  6. G-Von

G-Von

Has anyone come up with a choiced set yet?

Meloetta@Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
    Serene Grace
    Modest/Timid
    -Focus Blast (Miss)
    -Psychic/Psyshock
    -Thunder/Thunderbolt
    -Shadow Ball

Focus Miss and Shadow Ball give perfect coverage and then there's Psychic or Psyshock for your psychic STAB and Thunder in the rain or Thunderbolt outside of it for coverage and a possible chance at paralysis.
  7. SceptileSD17

SceptileSD17

Meloetta-S
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    Item: Flying Gem
    EVs: 252 Attack
    252 Speed
    Moves: Relic Song
    Close Combat
    Acrobatics
    Stone Edge

opinions on this set?
  8. Danger Mouse

Danger Mouse

i've been playtesting shrang's rain set, and it's very effective. Meloetta-A has fantastic special bulk (100/128) so can tank special hits fairly well, and she's reasonably fast, and has a good special attack stat...and that's before she uses relic song to abuse a fast and powerful STAB close combat.
    Admittedly, I don't even transform her that often...but having that option in reserve is very useful.
  9. BlankZero

BlankZero

Bump for great justice!

But really, I think Meloetta is like the great forgotten event Pokemon and I would love some current discussion about her. The ability to swap from special to physical in a turn, or even predict and keep an opponent guessing is pretty powerful.

What kind of team mates, sets, teams would you use now with Meloetta, Aria or Pirouette?
  10. SJCrew

SJCrew Believer, going on a journey...
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Any hope Meloetta had of ever becoming OU is ruined by Aria form. Thus, the only set she can run viably is a transformation set. I had the EVs worked out perfectly in my old Dream World analysis thread: 224 Att / 84 SpA / 200 Spe

Her Close Combat hits about the same as Lucario's and the Sp Att EVs giver her a decent chance to OHKO Skarm with Thunder after Stealth Rock damage. Btw, user her on Rain teams; Thunder is kind of necessary.
  11. BlankZero

BlankZero

Isn't she still in OU though? I could have sworn she was. Thanks for the set. I'll give her a try soon.
  12. ClubbingSealCub

ClubbingSealCub

Meloetta is currently UU, sadly (or happily, if you play UU)
  13. felix

felix

Back when Meloetta was first released I was doing fairly well leading with her on my rain team. I was using Shrang's set and was using Hasty instead of Naive. That way the aria could take special hits better. After Genesect was released I had to switch her out.
  14. BlankZero

BlankZero

Judging by the suspect testing, you might just be getting her back :p
  15. Zerodack

Zerodack

I've been using the Meloetta - Naive - Life Orb variant lately. It works wonders in the rain as a late game sweeper. If you can KO with Relic Song or threaten someone out (not often) then the transformation is pretty free. Meloetta has been seen KOing with no regard for poke-life.
  16. DR4G0Nx

DR4G0Nx

Meloetta is PERFECT for a mixed set

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Meloetta
    Naive/Hasty (EVs: 252 SPATK/ 56 ATK/ 200 Spe)
    Ability= Serene Grace @life orb

-Relic Song
    -Close Combat
    -Psychic
    -Thunderbolt

This set works GREAT in OU !
  17. Aerophoenix

Aerophoenix

It can work great in the right hands, but requires near-perfect prediction to properly use. One Relic Song into the wrong forme and your Meloetta can become a liability.

Also, we are aware this set is viable in OU. that's why it's on the site as her only OU set.
  18. DR4G0Nx

DR4G0Nx

True lol. Its quite powerful when you really know how to use it

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)