Memories of Nobody (peaked #6)

Bryce

Lun
Hey everyone.This is my first RMT.With Darkrai now being retested,it is likely to revive the dead DW OU.So I thought I would get back to my favorite tier on PS.I am posting this team mainly to fix up it's flaws as well as make it more prepared for Darkrai.I used this team on Smogon PO when it was the main server.It did fair enough getting me to #6.Unfortunately I do not have the Screenshot.The peak itself doesn't mean much.At the time of the peak ,the ladder was less active.So I hope to make it better with your help and have something good to return to DW OU on PS.

The Team:

In Depth:

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Genesect is usually my lead.And for obvious reasons.It is one of the best pokemons to lead with.It's main role is revenge killing and scouting.It can check many Dream World threats such as Garchomp,Manaphy,Keldeo,Breloom etc with Super Effective move.It also maintains momentum with U-Turn and helps against Rain teams.He will be my main Darkrai check once something is put to sleep.It shouldn't be too much of a problem as I've already used to playing with an asleep team member because of Breloom.He was chosen as last pokemon to act as a Revenger and is good overall .It really is such an effective and versatile Pokémon. Naïve is chosen as it will take priority attacks such as Breloom's Mach Punch and so that opposing genesect get a SpA boost making it much safer to switch to Ttar to sponge a predicted elemental attack in case of an unpredicted u-turn.The EVs are to maximize speed and Sp Atk

Excadrill (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Excadrill is the pokemon this team is based around.He was the second member chosen after TTar as a Sand Abuser.It has amazing speed in Sand thanks to it's ability Sand Rush and can outspeed everything bar opposing jolly Excadrill in sand.He is the main sweeper of my team.EVs are pretty much standard,Max atk and Max Speed and Adamant Nature to hit hard.Swords Dance is it's main boosting move making it's attack reach sky high.EQ is the STAB of choice while Rock Slide and Iron Head provides neat coverage.I had Rapid spin instead of Iron Head before BW2 and I prefer it as it's a nice reliable STAB with 30% Flinch chance.Air Balloon helps set up.

Skarmory (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Skarmory saves me from enemy Excadrill,SubSalac Chomp and Breloom as well as many other physical threats.It also provides Spikes support and phazes boosting sweepers or to rake up Entry Hazard damage.The Nature and EVs are to maximize physical bulk and Shed shell is to escape from ST Chandelure.Brave Bird gives it a nice attacking option and can inflict useful damage and also OHKOs Breloom.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam

Suicune is my main line of Defense against Rain Teams and is great against the sand offense teams we see running around in DW OU.He can set up Calm Mind on a lot of things thanks to great bulk and water Absorb.He is an underrated and amazing sweeper capable of maiming nearly any team.Surf is it's main STAB and Ice Beam provides great coberage.HP grass is for hitting the Water spammers he is suppose to counter.The EVs maximizes it's offensive potential.I am no expert at EVs so an alternative spread would help.

Tyranitar (M) @ Tanga Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 156 HP / 100 Atk / 252 SDef
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Fire Punch

Ah TTar my weather inducer.He brings up the sand which makes my Excadrill a terrifying sweeper and gives garchomp haxing potential.His main role is to bring up the sand and counter ST Chandelure and set up Stealth Rock.The EVs are somewhat Random.It focuses on hitting hard while maintaining a good amount of special bulk to take out politoed and some special attackers.Pursuit kills Chandelure and deals good damage to Politoed switching out.Superpower is for other TTars and prevent Excadrill from getting free set up.Tanga Berry and Fire Punch may seem odd but it's my only chance of beating RP Genesect carrying Bug Buzz.It also helps taking U-Turn better from genesect and prevent getting killed after some prior damage.

Garchomp (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

While most people use SubSalac Chomp as a sweaper I use Garchomp as an effective wall breaker.Although DW OU is a very fast paced offensive Metagame while stall and Balance are Rare,there are plenty of bulky offense and some HO sand Teams which carry things like Skarmory,Gliscor and Slowbro to take on Sand Sweepers.Garchomp draws in those walls and crushes them like a boss.After an SD it can OHKO Gliscor and Slowbro with Outrage after SR Damage.Fire Blast surprises skarmory and hits a high 80% usually KOing after 2 SRs or maiming it enough to make it weak enough for even an unboosted Excadrill.And skarmory can't do much back to Garchomp.Outrage and Earthquake provides great coverage further improved by Fire Blast.The EVs are simple Max attack and Max speed while LO increases power.He is also capable of sweeping teams thanks to it's speed and bulk as he is only troubled of getting revenged.

Weaknesses:

Like I said my main reason for posting it is for rounding of it's weaknesses with your help.I have found out some weaknesses that i have trouble solving.Thus I am posting those to male it easier for you.Also,if you find more weaknesses
please give it in a rate and offer a solution.

Bulky CM Manaphy:This guy is a menace to my team if he comes before Suicune and gets a few Calm Minds up.He can easily maim my whole team or even sweep my whole team if used by a good player.It's very hard to play around.Especially if it runs Energy Ball.

Fighting Types:I have no fighting type resist so if something like Terrakion comes and starts spamming powerful fighting attacks I am severely in trouble.It also kills my offensive momentum by threatening to kill an important member.

Conclusion:

Well that was my team.I hope you enjoyed reading it and give a useful rate to improve my team.Also give a luvdisc if you like it.Any criticism is appreciated as long as you offer a solution.Special Thanks to Kidogo and zzazzdsa for helping me out.

Here is an exportable version to help you Rate

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Excadrill (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Skarmory (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam

Tyranitar (M) @ Tanga Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 156 HP / 100 Atk / 252 SDef
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Fire Punch

Garchomp (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since you are weak to Manaphy and Fighting types, have you considered using Latias over Suicune? As I can see it, your team is also relatively weak to Keldeo, although you can revenge kill it with Excadrill + Genesect. Latias patches up both weaknesses relatively nicely, just play it carefully around Tyranitar and you should probably do relatively well.

Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 92 HP / 164 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Recover

Otherwise, good team.

For the CM Manaphy weak you try Roar > HP Grass. Darkrai being added to the tier probably warrants Lum / Chople TTar. RP Gene is going to have a combination of Buzz + FT / TBolt or IB / TBolt or FT / IB. Any without FT are checked by Exca and Genesect (go -def imo). FT / Tbolt is checked by Chomp (Jolly still beats Skarm) more or less. FT / IB has to deal with Cune (though maybe a more defensive spread is in order). It also doesn't get too many chances to set up a RP.

Bryce

Lun
Since you are weak to Manaphy and Fighting types, have you considered using Latias over Suicune? As I can see it, your team is also relatively weak to Keldeo, although you can revenge kill it with Excadrill + Genesect. Latias patches up both weaknesses relatively nicely, just play it carefully around Tyranitar and you should probably do relatively well.

Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 92 HP / 164 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Recover

Otherwise, good team.
thank you for the rate.When first building the team I thought about using CM Latias but seeing it can not put offensive pressure I turned back.However now since there is CM Manaphy and Fighting weakness as well as Keldeo I think Latias is a better choice.I will test it out.

For the CM Manaphy weak you try Roar > HP Grass. Darkrai being added to the tier probably warrants Lum / Chople TTar. RP Gene is going to have a combination of Buzz + FT / TBolt or IB / TBolt or FT / IB. Any without FT are checked by Exca and Genesect (go -def imo). FT / Tbolt is checked by Chomp (Jolly still beats Skarm) more or less. FT / IB has to deal with Cune (though maybe a more defensive spread is in order). It also doesn't get too many chances to set up a RP.
HP Grass is my main attacking move against powerful water type my team has trouble with.Since Suicune can't recover it will become a problem.Genesect does 82-96% to Exca with Ice Beam at +1 and 77-90% to my Genesect with tbolt so it will be a problem late game especially because of Hazards.It set ups RP on Skarm threatning to kill it which will be a problem if he carries Excadrill and Garchomp as well.Thank you for your Rate .

Cool team, I really need to get back to playing DW.

Okay, overall, the teamn seems very effective. One weakness I notice is that, since darkrai is all new and special, just about everyone will be using it. This means that a status (sleep) absorber is extremely helpful, if not necessary. Furthermore, you actually seem kind of darkrai-weak--the only things that can one-shot it are genesect's download boosted u-turn and ttar's superpower. Furthermore, nothing can safely switch in on it. For this reason I recommend changing tyranitar's item to chople berry, which will allow it to take an average of 41% from timid darkrai's focus blast, and it can then easily land an OHKO with superpower (if you're really concerned, max HP and SpD with a chople berry allows it a good chance to survive two focus blasts, although this seems unnecessary). Tyranitar is bulky enough to easily take a bug buzz at good health, so the loss of the tanga berry shouldn't be too big of a problem. I would also suggest running gliscor over skarmory, as it gives you a status absorber while still acting as a physical wall. A set of Protect / Earthquake / Aerial Ace / filler (taunt, substitute, toxic, ice fang, u-turn, fling + acrobatics > aerial ace) would work. This also helps with your fighting-type weakness.

Suicune could work, but I would recommend one of two things: either change it to latias, whose typing and reliable recovery allow it to check more threats; or, you could use a restalk set for suicune, which both gives it a form of recovery and allows it to act as a status absorber and darkrai check. If you take this option, you could keep skarmory > gliscor.

Excadrill looks good, but I would give it either rapid spin, frustration, or brick break in the last slot. If RS support is not needed, frustration is a great all-around attack that allows exca to do good damage to pokemon such as rotom-w and bulky grass types such as tangrowth or celebi. Brick break gives some good extra coverage, hitting air balloon users such as heatran, terrakion, and opposing excadrill for super-effective damage. Iron head does still have value for hitting gliscor hard, among other things, so your call.

Finally, I have two small moveset suggestions. I would put fire blast > fire punch on ttar, as even with an adamant nature fire blast will still do more damage to its targets (skarmory, bronzong, etc.). In this case, a brave nature would be preferred. Second, I would recommend dragon claw > outrage on chomp, since it rarely needs the extra power and getting locked in is horrible when there are scarfed genesects to revenge kill you all over. Outrage does have its uses though, so once again this is your decision.

Overall, great team and hope the comments helped!

Bryce

Lun
Cool team, I really need to get back to playing DW.

Okay, overall, the teamn seems very effective. One weakness I notice is that, since darkrai is all new and special, just about everyone will be using it. This means that a status (sleep) absorber is extremely helpful, if not necessary. Furthermore, you actually seem kind of darkrai-weak--the only things that can one-shot it are genesect's download boosted u-turn and ttar's superpower. Furthermore, nothing can safely switch in on it. For this reason I recommend changing tyranitar's item to chople berry, which will allow it to take an average of 41% from timid darkrai's focus blast, and it can then easily land an OHKO with superpower (if you're really concerned, max HP and SpD with a chople berry allows it a good chance to survive two focus blasts, although this seems unnecessary). Tyranitar is bulky enough to easily take a bug buzz at good health, so the loss of the tanga berry shouldn't be too big of a problem. I would also suggest running gliscor over skarmory, as it gives you a status absorber while still acting as a physical wall. A set of Protect / Earthquake / Aerial Ace / filler (taunt, substitute, toxic, ice fang, u-turn, fling + acrobatics > aerial ace) would work. This also helps with your fighting-type weakness.

Suicune could work, but I would recommend one of two things: either change it to latias, whose typing and reliable recovery allow it to check more threats; or, you could use a restalk set for suicune, which both gives it a form of recovery and allows it to act as a status absorber and darkrai check. If you take this option, you could keep skarmory > gliscor.

Excadrill looks good, but I would give it either rapid spin, frustration, or brick break in the last slot. If RS support is not needed, frustration is a great all-around attack that allows exca to do good damage to pokemon such as rotom-w and bulky grass types such as tangrowth or celebi. Brick break gives some good extra coverage, hitting air balloon users such as heatran, terrakion, and opposing excadrill for super-effective damage. Iron head does still have value for hitting gliscor hard, among other things, so your call.

Finally, I have two small moveset suggestions. I would put fire blast > fire punch on ttar, as even with an adamant nature fire blast will still do more damage to its targets (skarmory, bronzong, etc.). In this case, a brave nature would be preferred. Second, I would recommend dragon claw > outrage on chomp, since it rarely needs the extra power and getting locked in is horrible when there are scarfed genesects to revenge kill you all over. Outrage does have its uses though, so once again this is your decision.

Overall, great team and hope the comments helped!
Thanks a lot for your detailed rate.It certainly helps.I will definitely try all those suggestions and see how they work.I would keep Outrage on Garchomp though.Like I said I am using Garchomp as a Wall Breaker.+2 Dragon Claw just doesn't hit Gliscor hard enough.
Outrage: 317-372 (89.54 - 105.08%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Dragon Claw: 59.88 - 70.62%

As you can see,If I use Dragon Claw Gliscor will still he at decent health which will further be recovered by Poison Heal and possibly roost.Garchomp's job is to eliminate their wall so I can abuse Excadrill's speed and power .

Slowbro is on the same boat as well.Except it's even more prepared as it has Regenerator.

Outrage: 346-407 (87.81 - 103.29%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Dragon Claw: 58.62 - 69.28%

Hi white, nice team; gave me a real run for my money in my race to 1400 no loss run :P

CM manaphy is far and away the biggest problem of this team. Call me unoriginal, but CM latias is really the best thing to use over suicune. The inability to beat tyranitar is annoying, but you should manage. In addition, darkrai's addition to DW means you should give ttar max sdef and hp. This really helps against stuff like HP fighting chandy too (which I use occasionally :P). Again, use fire blast over punch to hit basically everything you need to harder. Also, I noticed how much your team does not appreciate hazard damage building up. You probably should run rapid spin on exca. Finally, as much as I would like to agree with kidogo 100%, I honestly believe gliscor won't work on this team. Scarf Chandy is too common to ignore, and a single misplay with gliscor puts you in serious trouble with excadrill. Also, most rain teams lack a spinner, making skarm's spikes very useful against them. (kidogo can attest to this) Finally, gliscor gives you a grand total of 3 water weaknesses, which is unforgivable in my book without something like sdef latias and sand to back it up. Stick with skarm. While darkrai leaves you hurting for a sleep absorber, I have noticed the offensive nature of this team usually means that it can rarely come in to wreak its havoc. Either way, you could even try lum ttar to force the dark demon out at least once.

GL with the team, hope I helped!

The whole Hasty/Naive argument is really just a matter of preference; I honestly prefer naive because opposing u-turning genesect hit me less hard.

Bryce

Lun
Hi white, nice team; gave me a real run for my money in my race to 1400 no loss run :P

CM manaphy is far and away the biggest problem of this team. Call me unoriginal, but CM latias is really the best thing to use over suicune. The inability to beat tyranitar is annoying, but you should manage. In addition, darkrai's addition to DW means you should give ttar max sdef and hp. This really helps against stuff like HP fighting chandy too (which I use occasionally :P). Again, use fire blast over punch to hit basically everything you need to harder. Also, I noticed how much your team does not appreciate hazard damage building up. You probably should run rapid spin on exca. Finally, as much as I would like to agree with kidogo 100%, I honestly believe gliscor won't work on this team. Scarf Chandy is too common to ignore, and a single misplay with gliscor puts you in serious trouble with excadrill. Also, most rain teams lack a spinner, making skarm's spikes very useful against them. (kidogo can attest to this) Finally, gliscor gives you a grand total of 3 water weaknesses, which is unforgivable in my book without something like sdef latias and sand to back it up. Stick with skarm. While darkrai leaves you hurting for a sleep absorber, I have noticed the offensive nature of this team usually means that it can rarely come in to wreak its havoc. Either way, you could even try lum ttar to force the dark demon out at least once.

GL with the team, hope I helped!
Thanks for the rate zzazz.Like I said I will test those things out.As much as I want to run that ttar RP Genesect will again be a problem.The only way is too keep Ttar alive at full health when it comes up but thats near impossible in practice because of ttars role of SR layer and stoping chandy,Latios etc as well as keeping sand up forcing me to use ttar a lot.Genesect also comes up late game meaning most of mons will be weakened. I could try SD Rock Gem Terrakion over Garchomp though.Since multiple people suggested Rspin>Iron Head i will try it out.The problem is DW OU is still a dead tier and it'll take sometime to popularize.So it'll take a while in testing them .Thanks for the rate and luvdisc.

This is just more of a nitpick but id run Hasty on Genesect so that opposing genesects dont get a spatt boost.
zzazzdsa already said what I would reply.Thanks for the note anyway.

Hi there,

Nice team, however you do seem a little weak to Calm Mind Manaphy, like you said. I'm not quite sure that Suicune is the best fit for your team. While it does check variants of Manaphy that don't carry Energy Ball, it still cannot beat it in a one on one situation. It fails to 2HKO 252 HP variants of Manaphy after Stealth Rock, which is pretty much the norm in Dream World. Manaphy can continue to Tail Glow / Calm Mind / Rest up until it has enough boosts to beat Suicune, while with each Calm Mind, Suicune does less and less. Suicune also lacks reliable Recovery, making it even harder to beat Manaphy, when Manaphy can pretty easily outstall Suicune until you have run out of Hidden Powers, to the point where you have to sack Suicune to get a free switch into something else to hit it. To help with your bulky Manaphy problem, I'd recommend you try out a Specially Defensive Zapdos over your current Calm Mind Suicune. You say that Suicune is your main check to Rain, while Zapdos does the a job arguably better. Zapdos can check Manaphy much better while also mitigating your Thundurus weakness. It also helps greatly against fighting type mons, who you identified as a problem to your team. It checks Breloom very well, while also dealing with Keldeo a little better. Zapdos, unlike Suicune, also has access to reliable Recovery in the form of Roost. With no Rapid Spinner currently, you may find Suicune will be worn down very quickly, if your opponent has Toxic Spikes up they will find it that much easier to beat Suicune with Manaphy, forcing you to sac something / making something take a heavy hit to beat it. The useful Electric immunity is also nice, being able to switch in on choice locked Genesect or Rotom-W is great on such an offensive team like this, as you will be switching a lot and racking up a lot of damage on yourself.

Also looking over your Excadrill set, I did notice something that seemed a little redundant. For me there is no reason to run Iron Head on Excadrill to OHKO Gliscor at +2, when Gliscor is barely even a problem to your team. Skarmory walls it to death, and uses it as free Spikes, and can Whirlwind it out as it tries to set up. Suicune / Zapdos also check it relatively well, and will deter it from setting up if they are smart. For these reasons, I think you should run Rapid Spin > Iron Head on Excadrill. Rapid Spin supports the rest of your team a lot better, allowing Genesect to continually switch in a lot more, which is great given how common Spikes are in Dream World. Toxic Spikes aswell is something that you want to avoid too, it makes you think twice about setting up with Garchomp, as the combination of Toxic Spikes and Life Orb is enough to severely limit the sweeping capabilities of Garchomp, which can change a match entirely. It also supports Zapdos a lot better should you choose to use it over Suicune, as it allows you to spam Zapdos's offensive moves a lot more, without having to Roost as often due to Stealth Rock.

Good luck!

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 148 SDef / 120 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Toxic
- Roost
- Substitute

Bryce

Lun
@Jimbon,thanks for the rate.Sp Def Zapdose looks like a very interesting idea.I will definitely test it out.Although Tail Glow Manaphy seems intimidating as it can OHKO Zapdose with Rain Boosted Surf/Ice Beam at +3.CM Suicune could easily beat Tail Glow Manaphy with Ice Beam and tank 1 +3 Energy ball after one CM so Tail Glow variants seemed manageable.Perhaps a more offensive Variant of Zapdose might work.Since nearly all the people giving rate suggested RSpin on Excadrill I will test it like I previously stated.I picked Iron Head mainly because of it being a good secondary STAB and not solely for Gliscor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)