Memory (Second to last OU RMT before Gen 6 comes out)

Did you like 5th Gen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hello everybody,this is Xenoblade911,welcoming you to my second to last OU RMT before Gen 6 comes out.Its a team I've been using in this last two weeks,I thought it was gonna be bad but it's actually decent in won me a bunch of matches.
Listen to this song while you read this RMT :)

Memory at a glance ^^

Team Building Process ^^

The team is based around one of the biggest underrated threats in the OU metagame.Sub Charge Beam Magnezone,it helps me deal with those annoying Ferrothorn,Forretress,Skarmory,Jirachi,opposing Magnezone,Scizor,etc.Very good underrated Pokemon in my opinion.

Magnezone's weaknesses are 4x Ground,Fire and Fighting.I needed a check for those and a spinner.So I decided to use Starmie since it covers Magnezone's weaknesses,it does well vs rain teams and can Rapid Spin is reason enough to use him on the team.I decided to make him Expert Belt since I think wasting HP with Rapid Spin is a terrible idea if I run Life Orb.

I needed an offensive pivot so I decided to go for Bulky Landorus-T with Stealth Rock,he helps weaken threats such as the likes of Terrakion, which is problematic to the team,specially the Scarf Variant which is devastating.Landorus has great HP,good bulk and Sky High attack stat which means I dont have to use much Attack investment to deal good damage to opponents.And he has a very useful ability in the form of Intimidate.Which means stuff like Garchomp,Terrakion won't be doing much damage to him.

Volcarona is in my opinion one of the best,if not the best special sweepers of all time and it helps me versus those Sun teams which are an issue,since Venusaur sweeps a decent portion of my team which is an issue.Timid Volcarona outspeeds Modest Venusaur even in Sun at +1.After one or two Quiver Dances Volcarona becomes unstoppable.Sadly,he has a Quad weakness to Rocks,but we have our good companion Starmie to support Volcarona.

I lacked a bit of speed on my team so I decided to add Choice Scarf Garchomp to the team.Choice Scarf Garchomp is just as monstrous as it gets.He can outspeed Volcarona even when Volcarona is at +1 which makes Garchomp a very solid revenge killer.And it synergizes well with Starmie since it's weak to Ice but Starmie checks Ice because he's a water type.I was considering using Scarf Latios instead,but it's up to you guys if you want me to use Latios instead.And most of the time I limit myself to just one Scarfer since too many choice items can be put to a disadvantage easily.

You guys might be thinking,why use Jolteon since we have Thundurus-T? Well the answer to that question is that Jolteon has a few traits Thundurus.T doesn't,like better speed and not being weak to rocks.And somewhat decent Special Defense.And it makes a little VoltTurn core with Landorus-T while with Thundurus I would be very weak to Ice Type attacks.

Now I've been noticing Jolteon and Magnezone are a bit out of place after a bit of testing.McBarrett suggested me to change them to Scarf Jirachi and Specially Defensive Rotom-Wash since I didn't have a Special Wall in the team.After testing those 2 guys they have been a lot better than Magnezone and Jolteon.Thanks for the suggestions :D.And I made Chomp a YacheChomp,he deal with Ice types a lot better.

A Closer Look ^^

Make A Wish (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Healing Wish

Jirachi is a very good Choice Scarf user in my honest opinion it really supports the team a lot better than Magnezone did.Even though I don't get to trap Steel Types I can just set up on them with Volcarona.The set is Iron Head to flinch spam,Fire Punch to dispatch Scizor,Ice Punch to dispatch Gliscor,DNite,opposing Garchomp,The Lati Twins.And Healing Wish to support one of my weakened units at the cost of killing myself.

Warstar (Starmie) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

My spinner and my check to all of Jirachi's weaknesses by far.Starmie is more often used as the bulky variant but I prefer using it for Offensive Rapid Spin with Expert Belt.Surf for STAB,BoltBeam coverage is always nice,I really wanted to run psyshock but I can't really find room for it. :(

Fairhaven (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spd
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Landorus-T is like the best Offensive pivot of this game,he has great HP,sky high attack and good bulk.I made Landorus a physically defensive variant which is quite solid.It's got Stealth Rock to support the other pokes,U-Turn to hit and run,Stone Edge to deal with flyers,and Earthquake for Powerful STAB even without attack EV's he's still quite powerful.

Chomper (Garchomp) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Garchomp is like one of the best scarfers of this game.He has great power,decent bulk and 102 speed which is enough to outspeed those 100 base speed scarfers and Thundurus-T because Thundurus-T has 101 while Garchomp has 102.I run Outrage and Earthquake for STAB,Fire Fang to deal with Ferrothorn/Forretress/Scizor.McBarrett suggested me to run YacheChomp instead,and it does a lot better than when it was a Scarfed one.And I also changed Outrage to Dragon Claw since my luck sucks with confusion.And confusion is kinda like doing coin flips.You get heads,you attack.You get tails,wel lyou kinda screw yourself over.

Mothula (Volcarona) @ Passho Berry
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 136 HP / 16 SAtk / 248 SDef / 108 Spd
Calm Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Volcarona is like one of the best physical sweepers out there.It has that glaring weakness to rocks so I don't run it if I don't run a spinner.The set is Quiver Dance,Bug Buzz,Fiery Dance not Fire Blast 'cause I dislike missing and Hidden Power Ground which stops Heatran in it's tracks.Heatran shuts down Volcarona without Hidden Power Ground.And I run sash since I dont to get OHKOed by a Stone Edge from a Terrakion or by any powerful physical attack.Since I got suggested to add Rotom-Wash I really don't have any problems with the likes of Heatran so I added Giga Drain instead to deal with Water Types a lot better and with Passho I can take a hit from a Keldeo or a Politoed in Rain.And proceed to wreck rain.

Dickwasher (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Rotom-Wash has been WAY more useful than Jolteon,it synergizes a lot better with Landorus than with Jolteon.McBarrett suggested me a Special Defensive variant and it actually works super well vs those annoying Special attackers manly opposing Rotom,Thundurus-T,Keldeo.And it does well vs Mamoswine.The set is Will-O-Wisp to cripple those physical sweepers,Pain Split for semi-recovery,and Dual STAB in Hydro Pump and Volt Switch,and I get VoltTurn with Landorus-T.​

So that's the team I built for you guys.If you have any suggestions just reply below.So yeah,catch you guys late until next time.​

Importable ;)

Code:
Make A Wish (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Healing Wish

Warstar (Starmie) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Fairhaven (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 88 SDef
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Mothula (Volcarona) @ Passho Berry
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 136 HP / 16 SAtk / 248 SDef / 108 Spd
Calm Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Chomper (Garchomp) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Dickwasher (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Last edited:

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
Hey XenoBlade, pretty decent team you have here.

I can see Offensive versions of Landorus-T being very problematic for this team, particularly Scarf Sets. Mamoswine looks like a bitch to deal with as well. To help remedy this I would recommend using Rotom-W over your current Jolteon since it has great Defensive synergy with Landorus-T and forms a really solid VoltTurn core. It also provides a second water resist to your team which is always appreciated.

Next, I'm kind of confused about your use of Magenzone. You say this team is built around it despite the fact that your team has absolutely no need for it. Everything that Magnezone can deal with is taken out much easier by Volcarona so I really don't see a use for it on your team. Instead, I would recommend Scarf Jirachi to serve as a great check to Dragon Types both Offensively and Defensively and it can also provide Healing Wish support to your offensive threats, namely Volcarona.

Now with Jirachi as your Scarfer you can make Garchomp an SD Set to put a ton of pressure on your opponent and to Wall Break for Volcarona. You can use Haban Berry or Yache Berry to provide more set up opportunities, or Dragon Gem or Life Orb for more power.

Lastly, I would change your item on Volcarona to Passho Berry to allow it to set up easier against Bulky water types and things like Starmie and Keldeo if you are at a good amount of HP. Also, since it seems like your team deals with removing Heatran quite easily I would recommend replacing HP Ground with Giga Drain to regain health against the Bulky Waters you can now set up on. Since you're running a fully offensive set as well I think Fire Blast over Fiery Dance for more immediate power is probably a better option as well.

Hopefully my suggestions helped! Let me know how it works and good luck with the team!

Hey XenoBlade, pretty decent team you have here.

I can see Offensive versions of Landorus-T being very problematic for this team, particularly Scarf Sets. Mamoswine looks like a bitch to deal with as well. To help remedy this I would recommend using Rotom-W over your current Jolteon since it has great Defensive synergy with Landorus-T and forms a really solid VoltTurn core. It also provides a second water resist to your team which is always appreciated.

Next, I'm kind of confused about your use of Magenzone. You say this team is built around it despite the fact that your team has absolutely no need for it. Everything that Magnezone can deal with is taken out much easier by Volcarona so I really don't see a use for it on your team. Instead, I would recommend Scarf Jirachi to serve as a great check to Dragon Types both Offensively and Defensively and it can also provide Healing Wish support to your offensive threats, namely Volcarona.

Now with Jirachi as your Scarfer you can make Garchomp an SD Set to put a ton of pressure on your opponent and to Wall Break for Volcarona. You can use Haban Berry or Yache Berry to provide more set up opportunities, or Dragon Gem or Life Orb for more power.

Lastly, I would change your item on Volcarona to Passho Berry to allow it to set up easier against Bulky water types and things like Starmie and Keldeo if you are at a good amount of HP. Also, since it seems like your team deals with removing Heatran quite easily I would recommend replacing HP Ground with Giga Drain to regain health against the Bulky Waters you can now set up on. Since you're running a fully offensive set as well I think Fire Blast over Fiery Dance for more immediate power is probably a better option as well.

Hopefully my suggestions helped! Let me know how it works and good luck with the team!
Thanks for the suggestions,they worked incredibly well and I won a lot of matches with the updated team. :D

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi XenoBlade911, thanks for the request!

I don't really want to screw with the synergy of this team, so I won't change any of the actual Pokémon. However, there are a few minor tweaks to them that you can make to optimize the way the team works. First of all, run a spread of 136 HP / 16 SAtk / 248 SDef / 108 Spe on your Volcarona. As it stands right now, Passho isn't as helpful as it could be with your current spread. With this one, you can set up on Ebelt Keldeo IN THE RAIN, which can never OHKO you with Hydro Pump, and you can OHKO back with Giga Drain after Stealth Rock. The same goes for LO Starmie, which can otherwise be a bit of a pain for your team to face (Rotom-W can only switch into LO Analytic Hydro Pump once, so it has to choose between recovering and Volt Switching). But Passho is a good item on Volc. Just make sure you're using it to its fullest. I would also use Outrage over Dragon Claw on Garchomp. Outrage's damage output is so much higher. For example, +2 Dragon Claw can't OHKO Dragonite through Multiscale, while Outrage can. The extra damage is definitely more important than not getting locked into a move. Finally, you might want to run the standard spread on Landorus-T so that it can outspeed Toxicroak, which can be a bit of a problem for your team if Garchomp gets weakened or taken out. The spread is 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe and it should retain some significant bulk, while also outspeeding some major threats.

Anyway, hope I was able to help! Good luck with your team!

Hi XenoBlade911, thanks for the request!

I don't really want to screw with the synergy of this team, so I won't change any of the actual Pokémon. However, there are a few minor tweaks to them that you can make to optimize the way the team works. First of all, run a spread of 136 HP / 16 SAtk / 248 SDef / 108 Spe on your Volcarona. As it stands right now, Passho isn't as helpful as it could be with your current spread. With this one, you can set up on Ebelt Keldeo IN THE RAIN, which can never OHKO you with Hydro Pump, and you can OHKO back with Giga Drain after Stealth Rock. The same goes for LO Starmie, which can otherwise be a bit of a pain for your team to face (Rotom-W can only switch into LO Analytic Hydro Pump once, so it has to choose between recovering and Volt Switching). But Passho is a good item on Volc. Just make sure you're using it to its fullest. I would also use Outrage over Dragon Claw on Garchomp. Outrage's damage output is so much higher. For example, +2 Dragon Claw can't OHKO Dragonite through Multiscale, while Outrage can. The extra damage is definitely more important than not getting locked into a move. Finally, you might want to run the standard spread on Landorus-T so that it can outspeed Toxicroak, which can be a bit of a problem for your team if Garchomp gets weakened or taken out. The spread is 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe and it should retain some significant bulk, while also outspeeding some major threats.

Anyway, hope I was able to help! Good luck with your team!
Thanks for the suggestions Halcyon,it's an honor asking someone like you.The tips were great and I take pitiful damage with Volcarona from water types with the spread you gave me. :D

Make Rotom 252 HP 120 Def 136 SpAtk Modest, Rotom's typing and ability kead it to checking physical Dragons, so technically he can be a mixed wall with offensive presence and a bulky pivot at the same time? Landorus has no reason to use those EVs. Explain them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)