Mental Herb (Now good)

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Lum says hi to y'all gripin about Darkeargle.

This is huge news for VGC 11. Honestly, me personally, I had given up on most setup leads because of the 3 main Mischievous Heart mons spamming Taunts and whatnot. However...now... dang, they're possible again! Greysong is amazing for finding this! Pretty much, any Ghost, or Mischievous Heart mon paired with Kojondo or any support mon really, has a very high chance of setting up whatever they want first turn.

It still has its counters, but hey, that's to be expected. This sure does open up a whole bunch of new doors!

Yeah trick room is going to be near impossible to deal with in the vgc seeing as taunt was it's main counter. This may sound impractical but if you taunt the opposing mon twice in the same turn does the herb stop both or just one?

Yeah trick room is going to be near impossible to deal with in the vgc seeing as taunt was it's main counter. This may sound impractical but if you taunt the opposing mon twice in the same turn does the herb stop both or just one?
I am ASSUMING that it would stop the first and be consumed and then the second taunt would go through. I have never had to play with it though.

Fake Out still helps VS TR leads, and I could see Fake Out+Knock Off leads becoming used if Mental Herb gets a lot of usage.

LOL a reason to not use mischievious heart Erufuun and instead go clorophyll:

Aekousu used knock off on truser
Erufuun taunted the TR user

Fake Out/Follow Me

hurp

Yeah trick room is going to be near impossible to deal with in the vgc seeing as taunt was it's main counter.
Being a TR veteran, I know of one thing that COMPLETELY screws over Trick Room, and it should be horribly obvious. Taunt never was too much trouble, depending on the player Taunting, but I think it would be a HUGE stretch say its the main counter. In fact, 90% of the time, I can successfully set up Trick Room with a Taunter on the other side of the field, and actually enjoyed it because that was less damage I'm taking for the first turn, and so what if my Togekiss can't use Follow Me? I'm just going to use Air Slash and incapacitate a Pokemon while I begin to carry out my setup. Even in gen V, you can't break me with Fake Out+Taunt, because I can just Protect first turn, Anger Powder the next, and have a field day with the rest of your team. Mental Herb just helps me get down to business faster.

Unless of course, if you have that one move. But are you going to take your chances with it? Are you going to waste a move slot that could've been used for Helping hand? Fuck yes you are, because I'm coming to rape you in your sleep if you don't. Let that one move be your shotgun, but be careful with it; you may pull the trigger and find yourself in your own crosshairs.

Would the ability "Anxiety" prevent the opponent from eating their mental herb?

I ask this because if it is true then Lead Anxiety Aerodactyl may see a lot of use in the future.

I don't think so, since I think it only works on Berries, but I'll test it later.

EDIT: also, 100 posts. Party at my place!

Musharnaa, probably one of the best trick room users, gets magic coat anyway. And anger powder exists. But so does MH taunt, so... Item clause, though.

Wow. This is great for Shuckle. Shuckle will have trouble choosing between this, Leftovers, Pressure Band, and Grip Claw. (On non-Wrap/Sand Tomb-abusing sets, you can eliminate the latter two.)

Mental herb vs mischievous heart is similar to Shed Shell vs Magnet Pull of last generation

Many will run mental herb out of fear, but we will have to wait and see if Mischievous Heart is more common than Magnezone ever was

breh

強いだね
I dunno what all this hubbub is about. Double Protect -> Trick Room+Anger Powder is more or less a guaranteed TR setup. Taunt is very pointless when every good TR team runs morobareru. I guess this means that morobareru can now use spore after being taunted but other than that it really has little consequence.

(FYI anger powder outprioritizes all taunts)

There are actually two moves that totally screw over Trick Room.

Encore - Basically you are forced to switch or you remove your own Trick Room. Switching in doubles is a huge disadvantage as the battles usually only last a few turns

Trick Room - Use your own Trick Room to counter Trick Room! You may set it up for them but hey, at least you have a chance.

I just learned about this.

I wonder if people would use this if they knew?

Also, I think that the person who asked if it blocked knock-off was joking. Because if you consumed it in order to block the effect, than you still lost it, meaning that the attack did what it was meant to do. I see what you did there.

There are actually two moves that totally screw over Trick Room.

Encore - Basically you are forced to switch or you remove your own Trick Room. Switching in doubles is a huge disadvantage as the battles usually only last a few turns

Trick Room - Use your own Trick Room to counter Trick Room! You may set it up for them but hey, at least you have a chance.
Mental Herb blocks Encore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)