Mental Herb (Now good)

I can't believe they beefed up this item like that now! I was playing a doubles match for the VGCs, and I encored a Jellicent in order for it to repeat Trick Room, and it just ended immediately! That's amazing, even though it cost me the game. xD

Wow, this f***s over Taunt? I hate the fact it's one use, but that's still a great item,and really useful to set up hazards and the like. I'm going to test this on my new team, sounds promising.

How would it negate Knock off? Why would that even matter? If someone used knock off on your pokemon holding a Mental Herb, it would be knocked off and... well... thats that.

Even if it DID "negate" Knock Off, they would use Knock Off, and the Mental Herb would be used, and Knock Off would have succeeded in... well... getting rid of the item.
Good point. However if KO works, then you've saved your item for later

wow. I could put this on shuckle and not worry about it being taunted for one move. But then, the opponent could use Taunt again when the item has been used. I'd say its not good, unless you needed that one extra turn.

wow. I could put this on shuckle and not worry about it being taunted for one move. But then, the opponent could use Taunt again when the item has been used. I'd say its not good, unless you needed that one extra turn.
Yes it's useless on shuckle, but shuckle needs leftys anyway. I'd say that it is most useful in either getting a single guaranteed hazard layer, or preventing from losing a turn from an unexpected taunt, and avoiding Whimsicott's encore.

HeHeHe! Shuckle Can now own way better than before! Mewtwo uses taunt, shuckle eats that mental herb, creates that substitute and "struggle bugs" (which lowers the special attack stat of whom it hits, good for pokemon with defiant as well!) the psychic cat to death!!!!

This looks like a good item for pokemon that set up/dont attack. What pokemon could use this well?
Well, basically any Pokémon that doesn't need an item like Leftovers and can effectively set up entry hazards. I think that basically any lead that wants to set up Stealth Rock would be good with this, along with stuff like Skarmory or Ferrothorn or other Pokémon that people usually use Taunt against because they're predicting a move like Stealth Rock. However, this wouldn't be that good for Pokémon that want to set up Spikes or Toxic Spikes because you would only get one layer in and then proceed to get affected by Taunt again in the next turn, if your opponent chooses to use Taunt again. This actually also would be nice with Pokémon who can use Swords Dance or Nasty Plot when people will try to predict them and use Taunt. It would be a surefire +2 in Attack or Special Attack, which would be very useful. Overall I think that this move really should be put on the Pokémon who usually get Taunt used on them, which would be mainly leads that set up entry hazards. However, it has some other nice applications as well.

Hmm.. If you don't favor lefties due to low life expectancy, and life orb defeats your purpose, bulky gyarados could use this. I've been taunted so often it feels like a regular thing, because most people either taunt gyara or phaze him unless they have an electric move.

The only 'mon that I'd actually use this on is Crustle; with Sturdy and Mental Herb, you are literally guaranteed SR no matter what happens unless you get Iron Head flinched to death (which has happened to me before...). It's useful I guess but that's the only legitimate reason to use it, imo. Aside from on Crustle/other Sturdy or super bulky SR leads there really isn't any point to use this over Lum or Lefties or what have you.

That's very helpful, thank you! I should have thought of putting mental herb on my Gigalith before. Now he's an even better SR suicideish lead in RU for me. Sturdy + Mental Herb = SR going up. And that irritating Crobat wont be able to stop me now. Better than normal gem (for explosion)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)