Meowstic-M

13ulbasaur

* It seems to be nervous about fighting.
is an Artist Alumnus
Overview
########

• Has many interesting combination of moves to utilize Prankster with including Quick Guard, Charm, Thunder Wave, Safeguard, Swagger, Screens and more.
  • Only Pokemon with +4 Quick Guard, thus all Fake Outs can be negated.
  • Faces stiff competition with Klefki, of whom the latter of has a better defensive typing and stats.
  • Frail and with no recovery moves, likely won't be in the game for many turns.
  • Can find itself being dead weight once its job is done.
  • Mostly a niche pick. Can't just be placed into any team.

Prankster Support
########
name: Prankster Support
move 1: Quick Guard
move 2: Charm
move 3: Fake Out / Thunder Wave
move 4: Psychic / Thunder Wave
ability: Prankster
item: Sitrus Berry
evs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
nature: Calm

Moves
========

• Quick Guard is Meowstic's niche. Can block all Fake Outs thank to Prankster and the utility in blocking other priority moves is also useful.
  • Charm is extremely helpful in neutering physical attackers and is part of what makes Meowstic handy. Except for Bisharp, who, with defiant, will remain at a neutral attack.
  • Fake Out is always useful for flinches should Quick Guard not be necessary.
  • Psychic or Psyshock is to prevent being tauntbait, or to allow yourself to at least do a little bit of chip damage onto the opponent.
  • The combination of Thunder Wave and Charm is extremely disruptive to the other team, the combination of both speed control and neutralizing physical attackers can be a huge hindrance to the opponent, allowing your Pokemon to stay safe.
  • In general it has a lot of different options to pick and mix from and can be interchanged with each other somewhat, so choose whichever moves you think will benefit your team the most.

Set Details
========

• The EVs and Nature allow Meowstic to guarantee survive an Aegislash and Timid Mega Gengar's Shadow Ball, as well as a Timid LO Hydreigon's Dark Pulse. It also gives Meowstic only 6.3% chance of being OHKOed by an unboosted Adamant Mega Kangaskhan's Return. If paired with a Sitrus Berry, it will definitely survive.
  • Sitrus Berry boosts Meowstic's longetivity to allow it to hopefully support a turn longer.

Usage Tips
========
  • Should be used to support your Pokemon by disrupting the opponent's.
  • Quick Guard can be a cause for mind games for both parties. Determining when to use Quick Guard and when to use other moves is important.
  • Remember that Meowstic is a purely supportive Pokemon with no offensive presence. Opponent's may take advantage of that, so it is important to know when to move Meowstic out of the field and to not use it alongside other non offensive Pokes.

Team Options
========

• Pokemon that will appreciate being guarded from the likes of Fake Outs, Brave Birds, Pranksters and other priority moves, so that it can safely set up or just go for the kill, such as Kangaskhan.
  • Fairly frail Pokemon who will enjoy Charm support against the enemy to help them live hits and force switches.
  • Or physical attackers who would appreciate SafeSwag attack boosts should you run the set.
  • Mental Herb can be used if you are fearing Taunts or Encores but Sitrus Berry is overall better.

Other Options
########

• May run Screens if your team needs it, in which case a Light Clay may be used if you want that extra screen uptime.
  • Other options like Safeguard, Swagger and Helping Hand are available should it be something you know your team needs more than the other moves.

Checks & Counters
########

**Utility Moves**: Like most other support orientated Pokemon, Taunt and Encore can render Meowstic largely useless, where Meowstic's damage is just laughable, and being Encored into a move like Quick Guard means that opponent's simply don't need to care about anymore mind games. Opposing Quick Guards can also be an issue for Meowstic, making it unable to support the team via moves like Charm and Thunder Wave. Safeguard also stops Meowstic being able to support with T-Wave.

**Offensive typing advantage**: Exploitable weaknesses to dark, ghost and bug as well as lackluster defenses means that Meowstic can easily be taken care of by the likes of by Pokemon such as Tyranitar, Aegislash and Bisharp although Charm helps with the physical side of things.

**Special Attacking Pokemon** Unaffected by Charm and mostly not really having priority, these Pokemon mostly don't care too much about the annoyances that Meowstic tends to provide except for T-Wave.

Last edited:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
is its main shtick really qg though? i don't agree. i think you should more talk about charm and thunder wave being the ultimate douchey combo and helping to support offensive Pokemon. (i think meow should always carry both of these)

13ulbasaur

is an Artist Alumnus
is its main shtick really qg though? i don't agree. i think you should more talk about charm and thunder wave being the ultimate douchey combo and helping to support offensive Pokemon. (i think meow should always carry both of these)
IMO, Quick Guard is its thing. It's what separates it from other pranksters to me.

Charm + T-Wave is very good though. Thing is, Meowstic has so many options, that you could run lots of combos depdending on exactly what your team needs, though I personally find QG + SG to be important, is what I run on nearly all of mine. Trying to figure out how to put this into a set without slashing everything in a go. Will try to edit.

13ulbasaur

is an Artist Alumnus
Oops sorry, I got nervous about doing things wrong that I accidentally forgot about it. :b Will work on it, almost done i think.

Last edited:

13ulbasaur

is an Artist Alumnus
Okay I think it's ready for QC?? It's my first time doing this thinger so I probably did stuff wrong. :(

I feel like the set should focus more on Meowstic's niches as opposed to what its best moves are:

Prankster Support
########

Safeswag is arguably better than this set, if you really want to use that strategy, you should be using Klefki. I also think Meowstic needs sitrus's longevity wayyyy more than it needs mental herb.

13ulbasaur

is an Artist Alumnus
I feel like the set should focus more on Meowstic's niches as opposed to what its best moves are:

Prankster Support
########

Safeswag is arguably better than this set, if you really want to use that strategy, you should be using Klefki. I also think Meowstic needs sitrus's longevity wayyyy more than it needs mental herb.
Yeah, Safeswag is more of a Klefki thing. And yeah Sitrus is definitely the better item since Taunt is not as common as straight up damaging. I'll put the item in other Options instead?

Your moveset is 10x better laid out than mine though and I'll definitely put that in instead of my garbage one lol. I guess I wasn't quite sure how to properly layout Meowstic's nice move options.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Overview
Has many interesting combination of moves to utilize Prankster with including Quick Guard, Charm, Thunder Wave, Safeguard, Swagger, Screens and more.
Many, not some. Hyping this up a bit, as it's movepool is Meowstic's selling point over other Prankster users.

Also add somewhere that it has few resists.

It also gives Meowstic only 6.3% chance of being OHKOed by an unboosted Adamant Mega Kangaskhan's Return. If paired with a Sitrus Berry, it will definitely survive.
Can add that with Sitrus Berry, it will always survive Double Edge from Mega Kang. That move has been a little bit more popular since PS was updated to include recoil only at the end of both attacks.

Mental Herb should be in Set Details, not Team Options

In Team Options, should mention some more examples of other good teammates, Mega Kang is currently the only example you have.

Add Trick + Lagging Tail to OO. It's OO worthy for any Prankster user that gets it

Protect can go in OO too

You could talk a bit more about Safeguard, Swagger, and Helping Hand in OO in terms of how they're good.

For counters
-you mention Charm helps with physicla attackers but mention Bisharp. You should note that Bisharp doesn't care about Charm, as Defiant effectively negates the Charm Attack drop. I reckon mention special attackers first like Aegislash and Genesect, then mention physical attackers and that they don't enjoy Charm, and then add that Bisharp doesn't care about Charm. You can also mention that these Pokemon are still prone to being hit by Thunder Wave though.

13ulbasaur

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)