Mergemons 2.0: 'Dex Merge! SEE POST #75 FOR A HUGE ANNOUCEMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's good lol. I guess Charizard, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Medicham, Flygon and the other base 100s have a little more room to breathe now.
Further observations I didn't mention earlier on:
  • It seems that in Dex Merge, physical Lucario will be outclassed by Garchomp, who has near-perfect coverage with Extremespeed + Dragon Claw + Blaze Kick/Earthquake, higher speed, bulk and attack, with shared access to Swords Dance.
  • Keldeo is a monster with Ice Beam and Energy Ball.

Look, sims isn't perfect. When you're compiling data for hundreds of Pokemon, you're going to make mistakes. Stop making a big deal out of this,

Minor bump here.
Jaguar360 here to say that Greninja now gets Knock Off, the elemental punches, Dazzling Gleam, Earth Power, Superpower, Iron Head and Zen Headbutt from Diggersby and Delphox thanks to the ORAS move tutors.

Thank you for your time.

EDIT: Also dat Low Kick and Knock Off Talonflame.
And Iron Tail and Drain Punch Doublade!

Last edited:
I think someone already mentioned it in my thread but physical keldeo is actually viable as it gets access to really good physical moves that includes a priority in aqua jet an actual good attacking set would be

Keldeo@Life Orb
Ability:Justified
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
Swords Dance
Close Combat/Sacred Sword
Knock Off
Aqua Jet/Fusion Bolt/Iron Head

Additionaly you could run a special choice set with access to ice beam and u-turn

Keldeo@Choice Specs/Scarf
Ability:Justified
EVs: 252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Hidden Power Flying
Secret Sword/U-turn/Scald

Last edited:
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off / Sucker Punch / Power-up Punch / Encore
- Fake Out / Taunt / Defog / Will-o-Wisp / Substitute
Mega Lopunny's endless pool of unpredictability got even larger with Mismagius and Drifblim's movepools. It can now run Fake Out + Sucker Punch to revenge kill with ease, has access to Knock Off, it can be a Defogger with a Stealth Rock resistance and an ability to take care of Bisharp and Thundurus with ease, and it can even use Will-o-Wisp to wear down physically bulky switch-ins like Hippowdown and Alomamola.

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn / Giga Drain / Roost
- Blizzard / Thunder
- Heat Wave / Thunder
Pidgeot doesn't get much from Raticate and Beedrill, but what it does get is significant. It gets Blizzard and Thunder from Raticate for near-perfect neutral coverage and Giga Drain from Beedrill to help against bulky Waters and Rock types while providing some recovery should it choose to forego Roost.

Beedrill itself gets nothing in return though. :/

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Hyper Voice
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast / Focus Blast
Cacturne is a great boon to Altaria's special sets thanks to Nasty Plot and Focus Blast. Growth may also find some use on mixed attacking sets with Return | Hyper Voice / Earthquake / Fire Blast.

Defiant doesn't act on self-imposed stat drops.
As was already stated earlier in this thread.

But yeah Meloetta-P looks freaking terrifying. Dat actual movepool though. Also, is that a legal Volcanion I see? If this were normal OU, then Azumarill would be like "BRB crying in corner". But it isn't, so Azu isn't.

Darn shame Hoopa doesn't learn Play Rough. Diancie has so many physical options now, including the coveted Drain Punch and Extreme Speed, plus Dragon Dance and Coil, so it sucks that she still doesn't get a physical Fairy move.

Another thing that makes me slightly sadface is that I don't see any opportunities for Technician Draining Kiss.

Last edited:
Darn shame Hoopa doesn't learn Play Rough. She has so many physical options now, including the Drain Punch and Extreme Speed, plus Dragon Dance and Coil, so it sucks that she still doesn't get a physical Fairy move.

Another thing that makes me slightly sadface is that I don't see any opportunities for Technician Draining Kiss.
I think you mean Diancie.

I think you mean Diancie.
No, I really did mean Hoopa so it could pass it to Diancie in Mergemons, because honestly it makes more sense for Hoopa than it does for Diancie for flavour reasons, despite it being a Fairy-type move. I did actually screw up though by referring to Diancie as "she" while omitting her name altogether. Dunno how I managed that. :\

As was already stated earlier in this thread.

But yeah Meloetta-P looks freaking terrifying. Dat actual movepool though.
If I'm not mistaken, she'll still need to give up a moveslot to Relic Song in order to access the Pirouette Form. Still looks like she'll be a force, though.

Other things I noticed:

- Blastoise gets reliable recovery! Hooray!
- Am I crazy, or would Machamp actually not be half bad as a Trick Room sweeper?
- Tentacruel has a ton of new options as a supporter with Stealth Rock, Encore, Sleep Powder, Roar, and to top it all off, Synthesis for instant recovery. That's all in addition to its already impressive support movepool, which includes Rapid Spin, Toxic Spikes and Haze.
- So Hitmonlee now has access to the Belly Drum + Sitrus Berry + Unburden combo. Slurpmonlee, anyone?
- I'm not sure how useful Fake Out would be to Pinsir, since it already knows Quick Attack, which has the same power without the handicap of only being usable on the first turn.
- Priority Baton Pass actually sounds like it'd be pretty useful for Sableye, especially since it gets Cosmic Power now. Also, priority Wish passing.
- Does anyone else think that Registeel would make a decent Dual Screens user?

If I'm not mistaken, she'll still need to give up a moveslot to Relic Song in order to access the Pirouette Form. Still looks like she'll be a force, though.

Other things I noticed:

- Am I crazy, or would Machamp actually not be half bad as a Trick Room sweeper?
- Tentacruel has a ton of new options as a supporter with Stealth Rock, Encore, Sleep Powder, Roar, and to top it all off, Synthesis for instant recovery. That's all in addition to its already impressive support movepool, which includes Rapid Spin, Toxic Spikes and Haze.
- So Hitmonlee now has access to the Belly Drum + Sitrus Berry + Unburden combo. Slurpmonlee, anyone?
- I'm not sure how useful Fake Out would be to Pinsir, since it already knows Quick Attack, which has the same power without the handicap of only being usable on the first turn.
- Priority Baton Pass actually sounds like it'd be pretty useful for Sableye, especially since it gets Cosmic Power now. Also, priority Wish passing.
What was this about a Relic Song requirement?

Is pirouette legal in this meta?!?

Luke3.0 (Meloetta-P)@Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Adamant / Jolly nature
Ability: Serene Grace
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- FUCKING EXTREME SPEED
Yes. It's sp00ky.

Speaking of that, pretty sure this means Darmanitan's Zen Forme can run Sheer Force. Just saying.

Other things I noticed:

TR Conkeldurr > TR Machamp any day
Also, running a HitmonWrath Belly Drum core could be neat.

Hitmonlee (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch / Ice Punch / Poison Jab

Poliwrath @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)