Mergemons XY - Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion are Legal

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, PokemonMasterDebater, you can add anything you want to the database. It's a PiratePad, so anyone can add sets.
So I learned a valuable lesson in EVing Rock Polish and Shell Smash users today: Only EV enough to reach 253 Speed. That's enough to outspeed ANYTHING that is unboosted after a boost. So with that info:

Physical Rock Polish (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb / Weakness Policy / Draco Plate
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 108 Spd / 148 HP
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fusion Bolt / Knock Off
Here's a THREAT. EVs are simple: Max Attack for power, 108 Speed to outspeed every unboosted 'mon after a Rock Polish, throw the rest into HP to take priority. Item choices are obvious. This thing can sweep unprepared teams. And if you want to throw people off...

Special Rock Polish (Kyurem / Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb / Weakness Policy / Never Melt Ice
Ability: Pressure / Teravolt
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SAtk / 108 Spd
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
If you want to beat the physical walls, here's your guy. Bringing regular Kyurem will raise power but lower bulk and surprise factor.

Also, guys, I'm considering allowing ability merges, with some exceptions. Thoughts? Y/N?

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
Eh...
I think it'd be REALLY cool, but honestly this meta is looking good already.
Going through the list now and seeing what I can find, will edit this post.
BTW Swift Swim/Chloro/Sand Rush could be broken on some pokes but I'll mention that when I see it.

Eh...
I think it'd be REALLY cool, but honestly this meta is looking good already.
Going through the list now and seeing what I can find, will edit this post.
BTW Swift Swim/Chloro/Sand Rush could be broken on some pokes but I'll mention that when I see it.
Btw the exceptions would be the AAA exceptions, and megas could give but not receive (like in AAA).

Edit: Interesting ability merges.
M-Absol gives Magic Bounce to Abomasnow and Accelgor. Accelgor could really abuse it as a great lead with Spikes, King's Shield, and such.
Alakazam gives Aggron Magic Guard. Much better than Rock Head, but it's already immune to Poison...
Amoonguss gives Ampharos Regenerator. Too bad Megas can't receive abilities...
Archeops would be banned if not for its lack of abusable stuff. A downright useless ability in Multitype? Check. Two somewhat useless abilities in Insomnia and Swarm? Check. At least it gets Sniper...
Aurorus gives Refrigerate to Avalugg, making one of the OU Theorymon Project's most-suggested Theorymon a reality.

Last edited:

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Honestly, I feel that it'd be overkill. This metagame is already pretty nice and no need to make it more complicated imo. Sometimes simplicity is better and there are a ton of fun options already.

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
These are what I found:
Storm Drain Gengar
Prankster Rotom-W w/ Recover
Contrary Shiftry w/ Leaf Storm
Swoobat w/ Pixilate and Boomburst
Chlorophyll Victini (3stronk ban plz)
Illusion Zygarde

But honestly, Snaq is right. Simplicity usually IS better. I mean, we could test this out and see what happens, but it could go either way. This meta already has a really cool vibe to it, but making it more complicated could ruin that.

Diggersby now has improved EdgeQuake thanks to Diamond Storm, and Volcrona can run Fire STAB/Steam Explosion/Giga Drain for I think perfect neutral coverage. I didn't notice any other signifigant changes to existing Pokemon.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT GUYS
I have legalized Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion. This means that 6 Pokemon get a whole new set of merges. Check it out!
Also, first battol with the new rules.
OMG Mergemons is the best! O_O
Not much has really changed for Hoopa since it is basically forced to run Sub or Trick Room and only has three attacks after that, but Nasty Plot + Shadow Ball and Focus Blast seems solid. It can also run White Herb Overheat if it wants to abuse Magician, but that seems like it would be trying too hard. It also gets Superpower from Honchkrow to dispose of things like Chansey easier, even though it already has Brick Break.
Earthquake, Brick Break, Bulk Up, and Swords Dance on Diancie are pretty solid on physical sets and POWER GEM Diancie! (Justice!!!1!!) Diancie's shallow movepool has improved greatly in every area, making it a force to be reckoned with. It can now pivot with U-turn, Surf, Earth Power (!!), Sludge Bomb, set up Spikes, Aura Sphere, Metal Burst, BoltBeam, Flamethrower, phaze with Roar and Dragon Tail, and paralyze with Thunder Wave. It still has no recovery outside of RestTalk and Leftovers though, which is disappointing, but means that it is managable.
Volcanion is very interesting with both Quiver Dance and Tail Glow to say the least. It may be a bit to strong now honestly. Hurricane will be good on Rain teams and for filler coverage. Giga Drain is excellent for Water types, though it still has nothing to hit Dragon types very strongly (none of them appreciated Steam Eruption though). U-turn and Roost are pretty cool on it as well.

Diggersby gets Diamond Storm. Now it has pseudo-edgequake coverage.
On a side note, give Diggersby an Assault Vest and you have a potent tank. Still pretty slow, but has ways of boosting both defenses.

Dragons resist FGW.
Well that was a Derp moment. Well, at least it hits slightly more Pokemon for neutral or better coverage as Fire/Water/Bug, and all of the FWG resists are weak to Ice and Dragon, meaning you could KO or threaten everything that could wall you with a teammate. On the other hand, STAB Bug Buzz is a lot stronger on a neutral target, and lets you hit Latias. Yeah, Bug Buzz is probably better anyway.

Hey guys I just noticed MEGA ZARD-Y HAS NASTY PLOT GGWP but seriously with one nasty plot it straight up 2HKOES Chansey and OHKOES Latios could be fun to use!

Dat Flame Body hax.

Did anyone realize that Slurpuff can use Earthquake now? That's a scary belly drum sweeper. Still no priority though thanks to being right in between the slowest Pokemon in the game. -_- It also gets Shadow Ball for perfect coverage with Draining Kiss/Dazzling Gleam for its special sets (well, perfect sans Pyroar).

Hawlucha has priority now on the other hand with Bullet Punch (well, it has Quick Attack too, but that sucks), but its priority isn't helping it one bit against Talonflame or Aegislash. It does how Earthquake and Knock Off now for Aegislash though, which is cool.

Delphox also got some nice new stuff from Deoxys. It has Psycho Boost, BoltBeam, Stealth Rock, Spikes, Recover, Focus Blast, Energy Ball...just a bunch of awesome stuff. Now it has even more of a niche from Victini.

volcarona gets water absorb, water spout, earthquake and ice beam........
We don't merge abilities so no water absorb for volcarona. The weakness to stealth rock really hampers it from using water spout so I would stick to surf or hydro pump. As for eq meh beating heatran is cool but you need a spot for quiverdance/tail glow along with giga drain to increase your longevity.

Even against specially defensive Heatran, Volc's HP Ground actually outdamages Earthquake because 60 base attack is pathetic (I guess you could pump a bunch of EVs into attack, but lol)
252 SpA Life Orb Volcarona Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 244-291 (63.2 - 75.3%)
0 Atk Life Orb Volcarona Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 234-281 (60.6 - 72.7%)

This thread has been ded for way too long.
Hawlucha @ Consumable Item
Unburden
Adamant
Standard EV's
Acrobatics
High Jump Kick
Knock Off/Swords Dance
Fire Punch/Swords Dance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)